Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

The Tinubu Economy - The Poor And The Middle Class Suffers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Tinubu Economy - The Poor And The Middle Class Suffers (437 Views)

Shettima Should Handle Security, Tinubu Economy As Promised - Obi / Kanuri Origins Of The Tinubu Family - Farooq Kperogi / 11 Million "Poor And Vulnerable" List. Zamfara Leads, South-East Lowest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Tinubu Economy - The Poor And The Middle Class Suffers by drugBaronTINUBU: 12:34pm On Jun 22, 2023
I was one of those that was deceived by Tinubu IGR propaganda he did in Lagos state. Although I didn't vote him because of alot of baggages hanging on him, including the fact that the big IGR he said he generated didn't really transformed into any meaningful impact in Lagos state during his tenure as governor, but i was really curious how he was able to do it.

Now after spending about a month as President and based on the decisions he has made so far, here is my submission

1. He removed fuel immediately he was sworn in without putting any palliative measures on ground to cushion the impact on the poor masses -- more money to the govt. The masses suffer due to high cost of transportation which will automatically increase the cost of every other commodities
verdict: more money for govt, less money for the masses. He loot 80% and work with 20% or less

2. Due to the backlash that came with the subsidy removal without measures on ground, he became careful with his next decision.
firstly, he introduced students loan and got people excited, only for him to announced that govt will stop funding public universities. So public universities will have to automatically increase school and other fees in other to compete with their private counterparts.
Even if u are able to access the loan, of which I doubt, you will payback after 2years of NYSC or go to jail and the loan wont even cover 30% of the money u will spend in school from 100level to final yr with the current increment coming.
verdict: more money for the govt, less money for the masses because you will have to pay Through your nose to go to school even with the loan that u will still payback

3. Electricity tariff about to increase. The 40% of electricity subsidy will be permanently removed by July 1
verdict: again more money for govt while the masses suffering continues

4. In this era that people are crying that the cost of running governance is too high, we expected him to first cut the cost of governance but instead decided to increase his own salary by more than double (still undergoing verifications)

5. In all of these, there are no jobs, no electricity, high cost of everything, those working are paid less and govt continue to feed fat

Final verdict: with all these money accumulated,by taking more from the already impoverish masses, in 3 to 6months time, they will come out and announced a record high of IGR generation and their praise singers will sing heaven on earth while suffering the impact

Do the maths yourself.
i. If the cost of transportation or fueling your car for a month was 10k before, by now it's already 25 to 30k

ii. If the cost of your feeding for a month before was 10k, by now, it will be 20k or u reduce the amount of food you eat

iii. You will pay more for electricity and many other things.

if you are saving 50k monthly before, i bet you, you won't see 10k to save by June ending and more bills are coming

Remember your salary remains the same and even if there is an increment, it wont be doubled.

This was exactly how Tinubu generated the IGR he did in Lagos
Take more from the poor and the middle class and loot as much as he can while delivery minimal projects.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Tinubu Economy - The Poor And The Middle Class Suffers by helinues: 12:39pm On Jun 22, 2023
Is this how the Nigeria wailers want to waste another 4 years?

Only time would tell

1 Like

Re: The Tinubu Economy - The Poor And The Middle Class Suffers by TinubuDcrook: 12:40pm On Jun 22, 2023
helinues:

Only time would tell

Gaslighting and praises from someone without a job ?

1 Like

Re: The Tinubu Economy - The Poor And The Middle Class Suffers by drugBaronTINUBU: 12:40pm On Jun 22, 2023
helinues:

Only time would tell
Address the issues raised and stop chasing shadow

1 Like

Re: The Tinubu Economy - The Poor And The Middle Class Suffers by helinues: 12:42pm On Jun 22, 2023
TinubuDcrook:

Gaslighting and praises from someone without a job ?

Sebi na the too much of productivity dey make you to be creating numerous monikers just to be trolling others. Something you have been doing for years on this forum.

Walahi, you need far more than job cos for one to stoop to that low to be trolling others for years just because they are not supporting what you support.

1 Like

Re: The Tinubu Economy - The Poor And The Middle Class Suffers by helinues: 12:43pm On Jun 22, 2023
drugBaronTINUBU:

Address the issues raised and stop chasing shadow

Even if I mailed the issues raised, would you people ever be satisfied?

Fishes are not untop of tree, make una climb down from the Iroko tree

1 Like

Re: The Tinubu Economy - The Poor And The Middle Class Suffers by drugBaronTINUBU: 12:48pm On Jun 22, 2023
helinues:

Even if I mailed the issues raised, would you people ever be satisfied?

Fishes are not untop of tree, make una climb down from the Iroko tree
Lolz
Everything written there are based on observation from a concern citizen

Bring ur point constructively
We are all suffering now whether u admit it or not.
If u are saving 50k monthly before, i bet you, u wont see 10k to save by June ending

These are serious issues not for u to start attacking people or tribes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Tinubu Economy - The Poor And The Middle Class Suffers by helinues: 12:51pm On Jun 22, 2023
drugBaronTINUBU:

Lolz
Everything written there are based on observation from a concern citizen

Bring ur point constructively
We are all suffering now whether u admit it or not.
If u are saving 50k monthly before, i bet you, u wont see 10k to save by June ending

These are serious issues not for u to start attacking people or tribes

Only if that concern citizen is not being locked at home every Monday cos he does, then this must have been a secondary priority.

Abi how person go dey chase rat when his house is on fire?

1 Like

Re: The Tinubu Economy - The Poor And The Middle Class Suffers by drugBaronTINUBU: 12:56pm On Jun 22, 2023
helinues:

Only if that concern citizen is not being locked at home every Monday cos he does, then this must have been a secondary priority.

Abi how person go dey chase rat when his house is on fire?
Lolz
Everything is attack for u guys

I'm not even from the SE and i don't live there.

So, everybody not on ur side is automatically an easterner 🤣🤣🤣

You guys should grow up and stop thinking this is 1999
Re: The Tinubu Economy - The Poor And The Middle Class Suffers by Freetech: 1:01pm On Jun 22, 2023
As usual, hatred didn't allow you to do justice to this topic

Criticism without providing better option show you're worse and empty than the person you're criticising.

Tell us what better policy can a government who inheritef huge debt and have to use 90% of revenue to service debt, should use

This coupled with dwindling revenue from oil
Re: The Tinubu Economy - The Poor And The Middle Class Suffers by helinues: 1:03pm On Jun 22, 2023
drugBaronTINUBU:

Lolz
Everything is attack for u guys

I'm not even from the SE and i don't live there.

So, everybody not on ur side is automatically an easterner 🤣🤣🤣

You guys should grow up and stop thinking this is 1999

Tell me when last you have ever taken responsibility of your actions before not to talk of denying una lineage.

A known Igbo guy on this forum still want want be proud of Alaigbo.

Wetin Alaigbo do una gan gan, una dey abandon her still not be proud of her in the public place. This is unfair oo

1 Like

Re: The Tinubu Economy - The Poor And The Middle Class Suffers by drugBaronTINUBU: 1:07pm On Jun 22, 2023
Freetech:
As usual, hatred didn't to do justice to this topic

Criticism without providing better show you're worse than the person you're criticising.

Tell us what better policy can a government who inheritef huge debt and have to use 90% of revenue to service debt, should use

A serious govt will start by first cutting the cost of governance not trying to put more pains and hardships on already impoverish masses

Get the messages and stop the propaganda
Nobody hate Tinubu
We just want a working govt that cares
Re: The Tinubu Economy - The Poor And The Middle Class Suffers by Racoon(m): 1:07pm On Jun 22, 2023
Good observations. These are the pertinent issues with all the slavery Tinubu foot soldiers here are praising as development.

Just consider the economic effects of floating the naira, increment in fuel pump price, Dangote refinery monopoly without any commiserate increase in minimum wage, then know that the masses are in for a long thing.
Re: The Tinubu Economy - The Poor And The Middle Class Suffers by swaggerjack: 1:08pm On Jun 22, 2023
drugBaronTINUBU:
I was one of those that was deceived by Tinubu IGR propaganda he did in Lagos state. Although I didn't vote him because of alot of baggages hanging on him, including the fact that the big IGR he said he generated didn't really transformed into any meaningful impact in Lagos state during his tenure as governor, but i was really curious how he was able to do it.

Now after spending about a month as President and based on the decisions he has made so far, here is my submission

1. He removed fuel immediately he was sworn in without putting any palliative measures on ground to cushion the impact on the poor masses -- more money to the govt. The masses suffer due to high cost of transportation which will automatically increase the cost of every other commodities
verdict: more money for govt, less money for the masses. He loot 80% and work with 20% or less

2. Due to the backlash that came with the subsidy removal without measures on ground, he became careful with his next decision.
firstly, he introduced students loan and got people excited, only for him to announced that govt will stop funding public universities. So public universities will have to automatically increase school and other fees in other to compete with their private counterparts.
Even if u are able to access the loan, of which I doubt, you will payback after 2years of NYSC or go to jail and the loan wont even cover 30% of the money u will spend in school from 100level to final yr with the current increment coming.
verdict: more money for the govt, less money for the masses because you will have to pay Through your nose to go to school even with the loan that u will still payback

3. Electricity tariff about to increase. The 40% of electricity subsidy will be permanently removed by July 1
verdict: again more money for govt while the masses suffering continues

4. In this era that people are crying that the cost of running governance is too high, we expected him to first cut the cost of governance but instead decided to increase his own salary by more than double (still undergoing verifications)

5. In all of these, there are no jobs, no electricity, high cost of everything, those working are paid less and govt continue to feed fat

Final verdict: with all these money accumulated,by taking more from the already impoverish masses, in 3 to 6months time, they will come out and announced a record high of IGR generation and their praise singers will sing heaven on earth while suffering the impact

Do the maths yourself.
i. If the cost of transportation or fueling your car for a month was 10k before, by now it's already 25 to 30k

ii. If the cost of your feeding for a month before was 10k, by now, it will be 20k or u reduce the amount of food you eat

iii. You will pay more for electricity and many other things.

if you are saving 50k monthly before, i bet you, you won't see 10k to save by June ending and more bills are coming

Remember your salary remains the same and even if there is an increment, it wont be doubled.

This was exactly how Tinubu generated the IGR he did in Lagos
Take more from the poor and the middle class and loot as much as he can while delivery minimal projects.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wg7lfHL_l1w

Zero business acumen. They have been rent seekers of this abused state.

And use propaganda to deceive the gullible masses, while they and their cronies become dollar billionaires.

Re: The Tinubu Economy - The Poor And The Middle Class Suffers by drugBaronTINUBU: 1:09pm On Jun 22, 2023
helinues:

Tell me when last you have ever taken responsibility of your actions before not to talk of denying una lineage.

A known Igbo guy on this forum still want want be proud of Alaigbo.

Wetin Alaigbo do una gan gan, una dey abandon her still not be proud of her in the public place. This is unfair oo
Lolz
A known igbo?🤣🤣
Can u please tell my exact state of origin and my village
Since u know me really well

You are really sounding so unintelligent 🤦‍♂️
Re: The Tinubu Economy - The Poor And The Middle Class Suffers by helinues: 1:11pm On Jun 22, 2023
drugBaronTINUBU:

Lolz
A known igbo?🤣🤣
Can u please tell my exact state of origin and my village
Since u know me really well

You are really sounding so unintelligent 🤦‍♂️

Oya tell us which region her people would create your moniker name drugbarontibubu
Re: The Tinubu Economy - The Poor And The Middle Class Suffers by drugBaronTINUBU: 1:18pm On Jun 22, 2023
helinues:

Oya tell us which region her people would create your moniker name drugbarontibubu
🤣🤣
SS, NC, SE, SW, NE, NW
Anybody who understands what is really going on will do that.
A concern Nigerian regardless of region will do that

Tinubu is a drug baron
Abi u wan argue that one again?😁

Anyways get ready for more bills because u guys signed for it
Re: The Tinubu Economy - The Poor And The Middle Class Suffers by Ogene001: 1:24pm On Jun 22, 2023
Freetech:
As usual, hatred didn't allow you to do justice to this topic

Criticism without providing better option show you're worse and empty than the person you're criticising.

Nobody owes you provision of better option. Next time vote wisely, not after voting nonesense you start crying of hate
Re: The Tinubu Economy - The Poor And The Middle Class Suffers by chidiokay: 1:24pm On Jun 22, 2023
Racoon:
Good observations. These are the pertinent issues with all the slavery Tinubu foot soldiers here are praising as development.

Just consider the economic effects of floating the naira, increment in fuel pump price, Dangote refinery monopoly without any commiserate increase in minimum wage, then know that the masses are in for a long thing.

i understand emotions are running But your case is an embodiment of being olodo.

check the country current inflation rate, is it what any serious govt will ignore

Re: The Tinubu Economy - The Poor And The Middle Class Suffers by drugBaronTINUBU: 1:28pm On Jun 22, 2023
chidiokay:

i understand emotions are running But your case is an embodiment of being olodo.

check the country current inflation rate, is it what any serious govt will ignore
Why will Tinubu increase his own salary of millions by double and left those earning 30k to continue suffering

This is what u should be asking urself if u really understand what is going on
Re: The Tinubu Economy - The Poor And The Middle Class Suffers by Streetdoctor: 1:36pm On Jun 22, 2023
helinues:

Only time would tell
If care is not taken, I will expose u here. Better behave.
Back to d topic, when sensible Nigerians were shouting it about dis Tinubu guy
Re: The Tinubu Economy - The Poor And The Middle Class Suffers by TinubuDcrook: 1:45pm On Jun 22, 2023
helinues:

Sebi na the too much of productivity dey make you to be creating numerous monikers just to be trolling others. Something you have been doing for years on this forum.

Walahi, you need far more than job cos for one to stoop to that low to be trolling others for years just because they are not supporting what you support.

Get a job and be a man helinues

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Tinubu Economy - The Poor And The Middle Class Suffers by TinubuDcrook: 1:51pm On Jun 22, 2023
helinues:

Helinues test the mic does not mean taste the mic

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Tinubu Economy - The Poor And The Middle Class Suffers by swaggerjack: 6:52pm On Jun 22, 2023
TinubuDcrook:

Helinues test the mic does not mean taste the mic

(1) (Reply)

How Much Is A Litre Of Petrol In Your Country / Dangana Assumes Duty As Comptroller, Immigration Lagos / The Second Phase Of The 2weeks Sit At Home Start On Monday - Simon Ekpa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.