Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,106 members, 7,811,110 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:53 PM

Mum Died On Our Wedding Anniversary. How Do I Turn It Around Next Year? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mum Died On Our Wedding Anniversary. How Do I Turn It Around Next Year? (489 Views)

Any Time I Turn Him Down He Goes To Bed , Is Everything Alright? - Lady Seek Adv / Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. / Our Wedding Pictures (White And Traditional) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mum Died On Our Wedding Anniversary. How Do I Turn It Around Next Year? by ini4brandon(m): 3:42pm On Jun 22, 2023
My dear loving mum succumbed after a hard battle to cancer barely three days ago. We are hurting intensely.
Wifey was 💯% supportive through it all.
Toghether we fed and tucked her into bed the last night. Toghether, we cried the next morning when she breathed her last.
Mum slept 7:30am. on 19th June. It was our wedding anniversary date!! Mixed feelings you'd say?
Hmmm...We all miss her so dearly.
My question is, how will I balance these painful thoughts with the joy of subsequent anniversaries because definitely, the sad memories will flood in on June19th 2024.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mum Died On Our Wedding Anniversary. How Do I Turn It Around Next Year? by MrMoh247: 3:45pm On Jun 22, 2023
Painful... But a man don't cry... Try immortalise the day as much as you can

Make it your own Christmas... Spend on charity, enjoy life abit, remember mama in an happy way

2 Likes

Re: Mum Died On Our Wedding Anniversary. How Do I Turn It Around Next Year? by Exmilitant(m): 3:48pm On Jun 22, 2023
Why is wedding anniversaries so important to you? undecided

1 Like

Re: Mum Died On Our Wedding Anniversary. How Do I Turn It Around Next Year? by Zonefree(m): 4:00pm On Jun 22, 2023
Exmilitant:
Maybe cos he married a good woman. Men with bad wives care less about wedding anniversary.

3 Likes

Re: Mum Died On Our Wedding Anniversary. How Do I Turn It Around Next Year? by Exmilitant(m): 4:05pm On Jun 22, 2023
Zonefree:

Maybe cos he married a good woman. Men with bad wives care less about wedding anniversary.
Even if he is in Paradise, the fellow sounds as if his mother's death ruined his party. I don't like his tone.

1 Like

Re: Mum Died On Our Wedding Anniversary. How Do I Turn It Around Next Year? by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jun 22, 2023
My condolences, OP. Stay strong.

May your mom's soul rest in eternal peace, IJN. Amen.

You don't have to commemorate both events on the same day. You can use the day/date to commemorate your mom, then you push your anniversary celebration with your wife to a few weeks later.

1 Like

Re: Mum Died On Our Wedding Anniversary. How Do I Turn It Around Next Year? by ini4brandon(m): 4:13pm On Jun 22, 2023
As the dude below you said, I married an awesome lady.
Exmilitant:

2 Likes

Re: Mum Died On Our Wedding Anniversary. How Do I Turn It Around Next Year? by Exmilitant(m): 4:16pm On Jun 22, 2023
ini4brandon:
As the dude below you said, I married an awesome lady.
Is that why you are pained because your mother's death interfered with your wedding anniversary?
Re: Mum Died On Our Wedding Anniversary. How Do I Turn It Around Next Year? by Omoawoke: 6:18pm On Jun 22, 2023
ini4brandon:
My dear loving mum succumbed after a hard battle to cancer barely three days ago. We are hurting intensely.
Wifey was 💯% supportive through it all.
Toghether we fed and tucked her into bed the last night. Toghether, we cried the next morning when she breathed her last.
Mum slept 7:30am. on 19th June. It was our wedding anniversary date!! Mixed feelings you'd say?
Hmmm...We all miss her so dearly.
My question is, how will I balance these painful thoughts with the joy of subsequent anniversaries because definitely, the sad memories will flood in on June19th 2024.

The soul continues its journey. And some day, we will all get to meet again. May she find perfect peace. Condolences bro, I wish you strength this period

2 Likes

Re: Mum Died On Our Wedding Anniversary. How Do I Turn It Around Next Year? by ini4brandon(m): 6:31pm On Jun 22, 2023
Thank you bro. I pray and hope to see her again in the resurrection.
Omoawoke:

The soul continues its journey. And some day, we will all get to meet again. May she find perfect peace. Condolences bro, I wish you strength this period
Re: Mum Died On Our Wedding Anniversary. How Do I Turn It Around Next Year? by ini4brandon(m): 6:33pm On Jun 22, 2023
Exmilitant:
Is that why you are pained because your mother's death interfered with your wedding anniversary?
Obviously bending it out of context gives you the kicks.

1 Like

Re: Mum Died On Our Wedding Anniversary. How Do I Turn It Around Next Year? by talented321: 7:25pm On Jun 22, 2023
Bc
Re: Mum Died On Our Wedding Anniversary. How Do I Turn It Around Next Year? by twilightdreams: 8:28pm On Jun 22, 2023
Zonefree:

You will look for joy in your life and never find it, Zonefree

You will wander and roam aimless until death takes you

For everytime you have come for me unprovoked, may evil descend upon you.

Guilty fingers will judge you and you will be counted amongst the accused and accursed. Everything you lay your hands on will never succeed.

Whoever you are behind the account, God will make you cry for the misery you spread.
Re: Mum Died On Our Wedding Anniversary. How Do I Turn It Around Next Year? by Houseofglam7(f): 12:13am On Jun 23, 2023
Oh my 😢
This is a tough one.
May her soul Rest In Peace
Re: Mum Died On Our Wedding Anniversary. How Do I Turn It Around Next Year? by twilightdreams: 3:05am On Jun 23, 2023
Zonefree:

I hope you wake up to read this  ;

You will look for joy in your life and never find it, Zonefree

You will wander and roam aimless until death takes you

For everytime you have come for me unprovoked, may evil descend upon you.

Guilty fingers will judge you and you will be counted amongst the accused and accursed. Everything you lay your hands on will never succeed.

Whoever you are behind the account, God will make you cry for the misery you spread.

(1) (Reply)

Does Divorce Happen Before Or During Marriage? / My Dad Cooks Delicious Soup Than My Mom / Bringig Up Kids Alone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.