Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,994 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

People Are Suffering. - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / People Are Suffering. (56059 Views)

Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor / Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury / While Man Was Suffering In Libya, His Wife Was Sleeping With A Married Man. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: People Are Suffering. by THUNDER4real(m): 1:27am On Jun 25, 2023
Chidolalar:

Is dat 1500 dollars too big to afford or small for d apartment u are staying
And what makes u say or feel food is cheap over there in USA
Food is the cheapest thing one can afford in the US, car payments and mortgage are the main Koko.

6 Likes

Re: People Are Suffering. by Brushstrokes20: 1:28am On Jun 25, 2023
Nig is being ruled by a bunch of sadistic, satanic cacus of self serving THIEVES AND BLOODTHIRSTY demons!

But when the people are ready, THE NEEDFUL WILL BE DONE! cool
# from lifeless to druggie
# the shithole from fry pan to FIRE!

5 Likes

Re: People Are Suffering. by CyberHustle: 1:29am On Jun 25, 2023
henrimoto:
...Is he coming back to the country with an empty hand. ? I guess he must have raised some good amount of capital to start up with .
and what will he start?
Farms or industry?

1 Like

Re: People Are Suffering. by Chidolalar: 1:29am On Jun 25, 2023
Kylekent59:
You bought fuel #165 and you earned 30k in 2017

You still bought fuel #200 and you still earned 30k in 2020

You now buy fuel #550 and you are still earning 30k in 2023 till date...

Nigeria is hell...

Very unfair.

Even I that earn #970k a month am complaining, talk more of someone earning #30k

U earn 970k a month? Are u just catching cruise or serious

2 Likes

Re: People Are Suffering. by Chidolalar: 1:36am On Jun 25, 2023
FOJEM:
Na lie! Nobody dey suffer for Nigeria!!!!
No create panic abeg!!!
If I enter filling station, na 200 Naira per litre Dem they sell to me. I dey pay 150 Naira for spaghetti, 100 Naira for Peak milk, my children dey pay 5K as school fees, I dey buy cement for 1,500 Naira.
I dey enjoy 24 hours of electricity at 25 Naira per unit, my siblings whey just finish NYSC, Dem don get better jobs.
My own business self dey boom.
Wetin come remain?
Top notch sarcasm
D situation at hand is so unfortunate grin

1 Like

Re: People Are Suffering. by PussyKing(m): 1:39am On Jun 25, 2023
JeffreyJunior:
You are even going too far.

A relative reached out to me the other day for help via WhatsApp saying his family was starving. I called him later on and he was at a bar drinking. I said haa, uncle you still see money to dey drink beer and he responded saying "I'm drinking to forget the too many problems in this country".

I was furious at that point. I respectfully told him, do you know if you had saved money you spent on two bottles of beer, that's dinner money right there.

The thing is that Nigerians hate to make adjustments. Small thing, they start begging for help when all they need is just little adjustment and everything will be fine.

What they don't realize is that their family members abroad work round the clock and deny themselves some good things of life just to make extra and send back home whereas they the recipients don't want to deny themselves anything.

They do owambe all the time and still expect you that don't have the liberty to do an owambe to sponsor their own owambe. No be juju be that?

Don't mind the fools

You see Nigerians celebrating stupid and unnecessary events and wasting hard earned money on useless celebrations like birthdays, child dedications, naming ceremony, weddings etc. Any small thing they throw party. Some go to the extend of borrowing to organise parties

I don't do non of those foolish shits

When I had my child I just called the pastor and told him sir I want you to dedicate my son. We did it silently and just gave offerings to God.

Child dedication is just about taking your child to be prayed for by a pastor. Nothing more than that. Whatever you are spending is foolish

Alot of Nigerians are foolish and unwise in spending the scarce resources on foolish things.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: People Are Suffering. by Chidolalar: 1:46am On Jun 25, 2023
Sukkyy2010:
please I also have in mind to do the same as you did but I don't know how to get in touch with widows, please is there anyway one can get widows in any geographical area or do they have organization?, How did you got contact with them?. I'll be very glad if you share me some clues or ways I can get contact with them. Thanks in anticipation.
My mum is a widow since 2020
And my younger sister too is a widow since 2018
You can get in touch with me if u like
I just told u nothing but d absolute truth
Re: People Are Suffering. by Mummyimbecile(m): 1:47am On Jun 25, 2023
Chidolalar:

Is dat 1500 dollars too big to afford or small for d apartment u are staying
And what makes u say or feel food is cheap over there in USA
its too big 4 d apartment, a house built 1925. Everyone who isn't economical with the truth knows that food is cheap here.

I said its cheap here because I see it is
Re: People Are Suffering. by CyberHustle: 1:54am On Jun 25, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

If what you have described above is suffering then you can never cope in Lagos from 1985 to 1998 niyen.

You are indeed the privileged generation who can buy phones, data and still come on Nairaland to while away time and even insult, cyberbully anyone who types a contrary opinion when you should be on a site carrying ponpon and embracing real VIRTUE of hardwork!

In your generation, someone who is suffering is someone who will rather beg for food and trek rather than give off social media. Nonsense and ingredient! You guys will be alright o las las because the era of lazy youth is gone! Asiwaju will not even call you lazy, he will force you to think , work and create solution to real social problems in exchange for money.
Your pain is well understood. Your posts centres around defending our oppressors so no surprises you care more about free opera mini data lamenters than why they lamenting.

9 Likes

Re: People Are Suffering. by Chidolalar: 2:10am On Jun 25, 2023
Mummyimbecile:
its too big 4 d apartment, a house built 1925. Everyone who isn't economical with the truth knows that food is cheap here.

I said its cheap here because I see it is
Ok like how much do their food cost over there in US. I mean d cost of d lowest plate of food in US.
I guess rent and paying bills is d major problem over there and drains out whatever money u are making over there?
Re: People Are Suffering. by Chidolalar: 2:13am On Jun 25, 2023
THUNDER4real:
Food is the cheapest thing one can afford in the US, car payments and mortgage are the main Koko.
Have u been in d US to know these?
Ok so like how much is d lowest cost of a plate food over there in US?
I guess paying rents and bills is d major problem that drains whatever money someone is making over there?
Re: People Are Suffering. by omoadeleye(m): 2:44am On Jun 25, 2023
Nice2023:
If you are living abroad and have some families here in Nigeria,pls don't hesitate to reach out to your brothers,sisters,uncles and aunties here in Nigeria.

The situation on ground is so bad that u see people groaning and talking to themselves,well kitted men and women turned cunny beggars just to meet up with daily activities.

Most families that I know have dump their cars especially here in Abuja. When u move around the city,u will see the situation on ground.

The subsidy removal has affected everything including the way of life of many people here in Nigeria. In my office today,many guys now come to office few times in a week just to cushion the effects of the subsidy removal.

Now that the electricity tariff is about to go up...I wonder how people would cope going forward.

And for those who feel everything is normal,just wait it will soon go round,no one would be spared.

What do you mean that it will go round?

So you are part of the people that always pray for the predicament you're suffering from to affect other people in order to have enough inclusivity. Ba

2 Likes

Re: People Are Suffering. by zanebaddo(m): 2:52am On Jun 25, 2023
teepain:

Funny enough, if you know what abroad people, UK especially, are going through right now
They ain't going through shit...Once you have eligibility to work OGA you'd work and pay your bills, feed well too and still manage to send some home to your family. I repeat your family!

3 Likes

Re: People Are Suffering. by TheMostComplex1: 2:57am On Jun 25, 2023
JeffreyJunior:
You are even going too far.

A relative reached out to me the other day for help via WhatsApp saying his family was starving. I called him later on and he was at a bar drinking. I said haa, uncle you still see money to dey drink beer and he responded saying "I'm drinking to forget the too many problems in this country".

I was furious at that point. I respectfully told him, do you know if you had saved money you spent on two bottles of beer, that's dinner money right there.

The thing is that Nigerians hate to make adjustments. Small thing, they start begging for help when all they need is just little adjustment and everything will be fine.

What they don't realize is that their family members abroad work round the clock and deny themselves some good things of life just to make extra and send back home whereas they the recipients don't want to deny themselves anything.

They do owambe all the time and still expect you that don't have the liberty to do an owambe to sponsor their own owambe. No be juju be that?

You're very right
Re: People Are Suffering. by Cromagnon: 3:05am On Jun 25, 2023
nairalanda1:
Nigeria's problem is simple.

Before I go there, this article that OP has written, was said 40, 30, even 10 years ago. Nigerians have always been suffering badly and people are always complaining about how bad it is. Infact, it has never been good.

Nigeria's problem is simple.

We rely on oil revenue

Our oil revenue is not enough to pay for 14 million people, talkless of 220 million people.

We use oil revenue for everything, including things we should be using real live tax revenue.

We rely on the sale of raw materials whose prices we do not set.

We are not a manufacturing exporter...or an exporter of manufactured goods and services, whose prices we can set

Either we fix the above, or in twenty years time, people would be saying tinubu's government was the good old days when people enjoyed.

even if we produce we cannot set prices of goods. The market does.

1 Like

Re: People Are Suffering. by THUNDER4real(m): 3:08am On Jun 25, 2023
Chidolalar:

Have u been in d US to know these?
Ok so like how much is d lowest cost of a plate food over there in US?
I guess paying rents and bills is d major problem that drains whatever money someone is making over there?
Restaurant food might be expensive even in Nigeria. If you buy food items and prepare, it is relatively cheaper compared to Nigeria, especially if you are earning in dollar. In Nigeria, you will earn in Naira, get paid 100k + and still complain of hunger. In U.S, if you earn $8 per hour (minimum) for example , you are not paying for car or house, you will never complain of hunger, because what you are earning is more than sufficient to feed you every month.

3 Likes

Re: People Are Suffering. by THUNDER4real(m): 3:14am On Jun 25, 2023
Chidolalar:

U earn 970k a month? Are u just catching cruise or serious
He must be catching cruise, that’s how I called one idiot the other day, and he said he was earning $10k in Nigeria from his pharmacy every month, still migrated abroad to marry a lady that is older than him. Nigerians and there fvkin ego.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: People Are Suffering. by paymentvoucher: 3:14am On Jun 25, 2023
Kylekent59:
You bought fuel #165 and you earned 30k in 2017

You still bought fuel #200 and you still earned 30k in 2020

You now buy fuel #550 and you are still earning 30k in 2023 till date...

Nigeria is hell...

Very unfair.

Even I that earn #970k a month am complaining, talk more of someone earning #30k

Were you earning 970k in 2017?
Re: People Are Suffering. by bluefilm: 3:17am On Jun 25, 2023
I don't believe this.

How can people be suffering when they now have agbado and cassava to eat from morning till nite?

5 Likes

Re: People Are Suffering. by Jeffy1206(m): 3:24am On Jun 25, 2023
Where I dey use 100 go with okada before, now na 300 naira. My leg won't hurt if I trek 😒😔🤓 I trek for living now. 😎

1 Like

Re: People Are Suffering. by paymentvoucher: 3:29am On Jun 25, 2023
bluefilm:
I don't believe this.

How can people be suffering when they now have agbado and cassava to eat from morning till nite?

You have contributed nothing.
Re: People Are Suffering. by OlujobaSamuel: 3:58am On Jun 25, 2023
omoadeleye:

What do you mean that it will go round?

So you are part of the people that always pray for the predicament you're suffering for you to feel relax ba?
The post was more of politics than empathy. In one breath, he is concerned, in the other, he wants it to go round.
Re: People Are Suffering. by Digitaltrader: 4:02am On Jun 25, 2023
The way things are going don't depend on Government for a better life if you dont want to suffer!

Like Davido said this life get money you go suffer tire

You need to double your hustle, what is the gain of working for peanuts?

Or saving money that you will eventually use to cushion effect of inflation?

Many Nigerians are living from hand to mouth and story never changes no matter how high the hope is how they pray

Because its action and information that frees a man from the captivity of his enemy.

I will use this opportunity to invite only Great Minds To Join This Success Group

If you are looking for a better way in this life to be financially free and travel out for fun to any country in the world.

Join our success Group where it is taken as a mission to help Nigerians earn steady foreign currency, scale it to six figures and be on their way to financial freedom.

No one will ask you to pay for anything to him or her in this group before you can make any money.

This is not a group owned by someone who is only interested in taking money to let you access training or courses

Message 0816 295 9888 On WhatsApp To Join

In fact, in 30 minutes you will learn all you need and be on your way to start earning.

Don't just conclude and ignore this message, join the group first and see what it has for you

This Message is delivered successfully to you as sent This Post On Nairaland Will Be The Witness As Long As Internet Exists
Re: People Are Suffering. by RomanGreen: 4:27am On Jun 25, 2023
Gerrard59:
OP,

Nothing new. Things are hard everywhere, but the difference is how the extent people go to trim costs. Many Nigerians are still thinking of hosting parties, expensive burial ceremonies, weddings, birthday bashes, buying expensive phones etc. To cap it, having plenty of children yanfu-yanfu. To be honest, I do not think Nigerians, especially in Southern Nigeria, are suffering o. Instagram and Facebook pictures tell a different story.

Don't mind those deceptive people on IG and Facebook. Everybody is rich for Instagram as P Square pointed out. Fake life full that place

2 Likes

Re: People Are Suffering. by nairalanda1(m): 4:31am On Jun 25, 2023
isArray:
Yes, but the government has failed to provide stable electricity and good transport system/network so how will this person survive? Without a generator at least, let's forget car

Because government policies meant that until recently the power sector could not make a profit to.fix things.
Re: People Are Suffering. by nairalanda1(m): 4:32am On Jun 25, 2023
staga:

Another typical Nigerian just regurgitating government propaganda.

Where are the figures to back up what you are saying? Some of you just repeat garbage you hear on TV without sitting down to reason and ask questions.

Ah, an Ojota veteran.

P.S. Ask Google. cheesy
Re: People Are Suffering. by nairalanda1(m): 4:35am On Jun 25, 2023
Kukutenla:

Are you never tired of telling lies

Lying is pretending that subsidy is sustainable

Lying is also pretending that Peter Obi atiku and tinubu all said that subsidy should stay.

We are no longer the masters of our destiny

You can abuse me, and call me oppressor, but it sadly does not change the fact that subsidy is gone and gone forever

Cry harder.
Re: People Are Suffering. by Newness2019: 4:37am On Jun 25, 2023
Nice2023:
If you are living abroad and have some families here in Nigeria,pls don't hesitate to reach out to your brothers,sisters,uncles and aunties here in Nigeria.

The situation on ground is so bad that u see people groaning and talking to themselves,well kitted men and women turned cunny beggars just to meet up with daily activities.

Most families that I know have dump their cars especially here in Abuja. When u move around the city,u will see the situation on ground.

The subsidy removal has affected everything including the way of life of many people here in Nigeria. In my office today,many guys now come to office few times in a week just to cushion the effects of the subsidy removal.

Now that the electricity tariff is about to go up...I wonder how people would cope going forward.

And for those who feel everything is normal,just wait it will soon go round,no one would be spared.

THE RESULTANT EFFECT OF INJUSTICE AT THE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION.

INEC C/M AND HIS AGENTS WILL NEVER ESCAPE THE WRATH OF GOD.

HIS SITUATION WILL BE WORSE THAN JUDAS ISCARIOT WHO TRIED TO RETURN THE BRIBE.

THEREAFTER, ALL NIGERIANS WILL LEARN TO FEAR GOD ALMIGHTY AND ALLOW JUSTICE TO REIGN.

I PITY THIS SO CALLED PRESIDENT.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: People Are Suffering. by bluefilm: 4:52am On Jun 25, 2023
paymentvoucher:
You have contributed nothing.

Before nko?

Do I look like I am here to contribute to your poverty?

Nonsense angry

2 Likes

Re: People Are Suffering. by WHITELIGHTER: 4:52am On Jun 25, 2023
talented321:
Work according to the condition of the country and you will be fine.

Smh
Re: People Are Suffering. by zedegit: 4:54am On Jun 25, 2023
henrimoto:
...Is he coming back to the country with an empty hand. ? I guess he must have raised some good amount of capital to start up with .

Start what with? Nigeria is not business friendly. Touts, police, Power holding, government trying to fleece you off with bad policies.

Government will wake up on the wrong side and decide to demolish your business premises, no light, increase in raw materials, insecurity etc

5 Likes

Re: People Are Suffering. by ceejay80s(m): 4:55am On Jun 25, 2023
DeeBaDan:

Are you in UK currently ?
U don't need to be in UK to know, I have a child hood friend who owed me £300 since 2009, after the bashing on social media he sent me £100 last year December and since then been ignoring me, getting the £100 was pure luck, person wey dey work for UK wey owe me for 14year and couldn't pay....
Nigeria is better

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (20) (Reply)

Why Can't Single People 'Just Say No' To Married People? / Caption This Children Photo !! ( Photo) / Look At This Woman's Freezer, A MUST SEE!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.