Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,611 members, 7,820,169 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

People Are Suffering. - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / People Are Suffering. (56037 Views)

Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor / Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury / While Man Was Suffering In Libya, His Wife Was Sleeping With A Married Man. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: People Are Suffering. by MOTIONTECH(m): 10:38pm On Jun 24, 2023
talented321:
Work according to the condition of the country and you will be fine.
lol…how old are you?

2 Likes

Re: People Are Suffering. by XY23: 10:38pm On Jun 24, 2023
It's like Deja vu. To think we were anticipating the exodus of PMB with glee. However, it is often said that when people refuse to learn the lessons, history repeats. Ethnicity is no shock absorber against bad governance. Funny, how many educated people turned morons because of sentiments. Here's another pharaoh to add to your burdens for the next four years (making 12 years of zero respite). As far as people depend on you for one reason or another, we will all feel the heat.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: People Are Suffering. by teepain: 10:40pm On Jun 24, 2023
nedekid:

What are they going through? What difference has happend to them in recent times compared to Nigerians that have lost 100% of their worth in the last 3 weeks?

My brother, you don't care to know. Some folks aren't getting jobs from their agencies anymore like they used to. Of course, competition happened because of influx of migrants. The inflation is biting harder and people are tightening their belts. Do you know what it means to turn up at the gate and they tell you sorry mate, "there ain't no work today". It is not easy anywhere at the moment. Of course, there are many people who have nice paying jobs in the UK just as there are people making their dough back in Naija. It is different strokes for different folks.

My post is not about discouraging Nigerians from migrating though. However, I advise individuals to do whatever works for them. People should be guided by their individual circumstances. Because Naija isn't good for some people doesn't mean that some people aren't steadily cashing out legit.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: People Are Suffering. by simplesearch: 10:44pm On Jun 24, 2023
They run elitist government, mark my word!
But God can always overtake any ruler, that I know!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: People Are Suffering. by Kukutenla: 10:44pm On Jun 24, 2023
nairalanda1:

Atiku and Obi were both saying subsidy should go too....

Elections have consequences, but on the subsidy matter, we had reached point zero. It did not matter who we elected (and no, I still wish we voted APC out, completely)...the subsidy was becoming unsustainable. We were paying a large chunk of our revenue with borrowed money on top for the thing.
Are you never tired of telling lies

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: People Are Suffering. by zinaunreal(m): 10:44pm On Jun 24, 2023
Tinububalls:
Only the Igbos are suffering, that tribe dem go see shege for this renewed hope.

Igbos never suffer. They are the richest tribe in Nigeria. You get sense at all?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: People Are Suffering. by Jeezuzpick(m): 10:46pm On Jun 24, 2023
Evolutionlove:
Suffering Bawo??

I have been seeing Celebration of Weddings, Naming Ceremonies and all form of different Parties here and there.

People throwing Money Into the Air like It's Paper most especially the Poor/Average Families.

Nigerians are Enjoying Jare. Stop the Joke.

Yes o.....

Bulabaa is working!

πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

One of my guys wey post videos from "Renewed Hope Concert" for in status, since dat day I no see in status post again!

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£

6 Likes

Re: People Are Suffering. by simplesearch: 10:51pm On Jun 24, 2023
seguno2:

When the people of the abroad told them to think well before voting for more suffering continuity, did they listen?

People want a change, but the elite want a change that will keep their loot. They always find a way to rig election to bring in an unpopular unacceptable candidate. In a nutshell its not entirely the people's fault, even if they do the needful the powers that be won't allow their voice,choice and vote count. That's the rotten situation and electorate process we have down here.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: People Are Suffering. by Siralgebra04(m): 10:52pm On Jun 24, 2023
MechanicMike:

bro Nigeria is fully of lazy youth....I only send MOINEY to women!!(no oofencse) angry
Yeah... Because women are VERY hardworking or they have pekus to offer you.

2 Likes

Re: People Are Suffering. by WilsonBright935: 10:52pm On Jun 24, 2023
pansophist:

Those that live abroad are actually not spared from the economic onslaught. Apart from battling inflation in their host country, many still send money back home to their families. If not for their support, things will be worse than ever.

Only few people understand this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: People Are Suffering. by occfx: 10:54pm On Jun 24, 2023
captainzee4life:
This is the bane of our society. The poor keep crying. Lord have mercy!

And some body is in France forming Jagaban... I wonder where these people keep there conscience. Even the most wicked whites care more than the Nigerian politicians

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: People Are Suffering. by Okbaba: 10:56pm On Jun 24, 2023
seguno2:

When the people of the abroad told them to think well before voting for more suffering continuity, did they listen?
My sister, we voted wisely but the election was Yakubooed. Blame us rather for not protesting but we wanted peace.

4 Likes

Re: People Are Suffering. by Kingxb: 10:56pm On Jun 24, 2023
[Fool u don see igbo begger bfor ...quote author=Tinububalls post=123979253]Only the Igbos are suffering, that tribe dem go see shege for this renewed hope.[/quote]
Re: People Are Suffering. by OriOko88(m): 11:01pm On Jun 24, 2023
ukaface:
The people suffering are those that voted PO
BATIANS Dey flex life
So if obi had won the suffering would have disappeared miraculously?? Una dey ment

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: People Are Suffering. by Smartguyboy(m): 11:01pm On Jun 24, 2023
Tinububalls:
Only the Igbos are suffering, that tribe dem go see shege for this renewed hope.

Right from today one Igbos has never depend on government yet they are the builder of this nation image going to Lagos during Xmas .

3 Likes

Re: People Are Suffering. by talented321: 11:01pm On Jun 24, 2023
Is your brain alright?
MOTIONTECH:
lol…how old are you?
Re: People Are Suffering. by Opanka44(m): 11:01pm On Jun 24, 2023
Nice2023:
If you are living abroad and have some families here in Nigeria,pls don't hesitate to reach out to your brothers,sisters,uncles and aunties here in Nigeria.

The situation on ground is so bad that u see people groaning and talking to themselves,well kitted men and women turned cunny beggars just to meet up with daily activities.

Most families that I know have dump their cars especially here in Abuja. When u move around the city,u will see the situation on ground.

The subsidy removal has affected everything including the way of life of many people here in Nigeria. In my office today,many guys now come to office few times in a week just to cushion the effects of the subsidy removal.

Now that the electricity tariff is about to go up...I wonder how people would cope going forward.

And for those who feel everything is normal,just wait it will soon go round,no one would be spared.

I'm a victim. Pls help me with something to survive on pls OP
Re: People Are Suffering. by AmazingELixir: 11:02pm On Jun 24, 2023
angry

It's really terrible and its affecting the mental health of some Nigerians..yesterday I shared a bike with some guy on my way back from work. This guy was putting on a clean suit looking more like a banker the only thing that was off queue was his beard which appeared like it needed shaving. The guy was seated at the middle while I was perched at the rear. As the journey started we've barely covered much distance I felt the guy swerving like he was sleeping, was kinda spooked even the young aboki rider also observed, the next time the guy swayed I became scared he might fall off the bike...i had to tap him to ask if he was ok...he responded he was fine, ..I said ok, the journey continued..I had to intentionally press closer to his body to prevent somebody falling off the bike..the trip was so disconcerting to me.

When we got to where he wanted to alight..he stepped down from the bike and asked the driver to wait so he can get his money from someone ...we waited for like 5minutes the guy was busy moving from one shop to another asking people for money to pay ...at the end of the day the guy came back empty handed, as if that was not enough, he came to where we were waiting and called those local girls that sell agbo...bought one of N100 and asked the aboki guy to pay the girl that he will give him the money when we move upfront..I was in shock all the while wondering if the young man was balanced mentally...ofcourse the aboki guy refused to pay the girl ..trouble wanted to ensue I had to pay the girl for the agbo and also asked the aboki guy to move with the promise to pay for the man's bike fare. All the man said was "oh thank you" .

When i told my madam what happened..she was angry with me for paying for the man...she noted those are not the kind of people that needs help, that the man carefully chose the young aboki rider because he wanted to exploit him, that even if he had no money that was no way to go about it...and that particular man must have been doing same thing to other innocent and young looking riders.

I actually saw her point...just that I hate embarrassing scenes like that and factoring the harsh economic times...people are going through a lot..the situation is so bad to the extent that even those that are working still beg because their salaries don't take them half the month before they fall back to zero account balance.

God Epp us oh.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: People Are Suffering. by nedekid: 11:02pm On Jun 24, 2023
teepain:

My brother, you don't care to know. Some folks aren't getting jobs from their agencies anymore like they used to. Of course, competition happened because of influx of migrants. The inflation is biting harder and people are tightening their belts. Do you know what it means to turn up at the gate and they tell you sorry mate, "there ain't no work today". It is not easy anywhere at the moment. Of course, there are many people who have nice paying jobs in the UK just as there are people making their dough back in Naija. It is different strokes for different folks.

My post is not about discouraging Nigerians from migrating though. However, I advise individuals to do whatever works for them. People should be guided by their individual circumstances. Because Naija isn't good for some people doesn't mean that some people aren't steadily cashing out legit.
I feel you.
God will surely help the righteous.

3 Likes

Re: People Are Suffering. by Opanka44(m): 11:03pm On Jun 24, 2023
Foodqueen:
True talk o.

Nigerians needs palliative now than ever.

Gave a bag of rice to be shared among 8 widows. Report got back to me that more than 30 people collected, both widow and non-widows.

That means each didn't even collect more than 2 derica. May God help us o.

Pls help me with anything u can
Re: People Are Suffering. by Opanka44(m): 11:03pm On Jun 24, 2023
jesmond3945:
nfpmod. This is what we should be talking but we allowed kids to run this beautiful forum.

Exactly. Pls help me Sir
Re: People Are Suffering. by Tijani009: 11:05pm On Jun 24, 2023
Cassandraloius:
God bless your heart.
We all know the world is cruel, you might decide to help someone and they'll use it and kill you, some will envy you, but those that value and want the best for you, it's those people you should help.
.please in Gods name i need help for my gynacosmatia surgery any thing at all sir please

Kindly check my profile. smiley
Re: People Are Suffering. by Tijani009: 11:05pm On Jun 24, 2023
[quote author=Tijani009 post=124016625][/quote]

please in Gods name i need help for my gynacosmatia surgery any thing at all sir please
Re: People Are Suffering. by Corea4king(m): 11:06pm On Jun 24, 2023
I laughed when people think government really cares. They have remove subsidy,now they are beginning to adjust their wages, allowance and salaries to still maintain their normal convoys while common man will have to adjust on his feeding and transportation by trekking and 001/day

12 Likes

Re: People Are Suffering. by Opanka44(m): 11:06pm On Jun 24, 2023
MechanicMike:

bro Nigeria is fully of lazy youth....I only send MOINEY to women!!(no oofencse) angry

Pls help me
Re: People Are Suffering. by todugo(m): 11:10pm On Jun 24, 2023
Gerrard59:
OP,

Nothing new. Things are hard everywhere, but the difference is how the extent people go to trim costs. Many Nigerians are still thinking of hosting parties, expensive burial ceremonies, weddings, birthday bashes, buying expensive phones etc. To cap it, having plenty of children yanfu-yanfu. To be honest, I do not think Nigerians, especially in Southern Nigeria, are suffering o. Instagram and Facebook pictures tell a different story.
Na packaging o...
Especially SouthWest, those suffering and smiling crew. Before this year ends, truth go comot for their mouth. Them never see anything. grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: People Are Suffering. by texannaija: 11:19pm On Jun 24, 2023
teepain:

Funny enough, if you know what abroad people, UK especially, are going through right now

Sure!. Dem dey go through β€œthings” too but it can never ever be like the things wey Naija people dey go through. Don’t even compare!.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: People Are Suffering. by staga: 11:21pm On Jun 24, 2023
nairalanda1:

Atiku and Obi were both saying subsidy should go too....

Elections have consequences, but on the subsidy matter, we had reached point zero. It did not matter who we elected (and no, I still wish we voted APC out, completely)...the subsidy was becoming unsustainable. We were paying a large chunk of our revenue with borrowed money on top for the thing.

Another typical Nigerian just regurgitating government propaganda.

Where are the figures to back up what you are saying? Some of you just repeat garbage you hear on TV without sitting down to reason and ask questions.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: People Are Suffering. by quickly: 11:22pm On Jun 24, 2023
Nice2023:
If you are living abroad and have some families here in Nigeria,pls don't hesitate to reach out to your brothers,sisters,uncles and aunties here in Nigeria.

The situation on ground is so bad that u see people groaning and talking to themselves,well kitted men and women turned cunny beggars just to meet up with daily activities.

Most families that I know have dump their cars especially here in Abuja. When u move around the city,u will see the situation on ground.

The subsidy removal has affected everything including the way of life of many people here in Nigeria. In my office today,many guys now come to office few times in a week just to cushion the effects of the subsidy removal.

Now that the electricity tariff is about to go up...I wonder how people would cope going forward.

And for those who feel everything is normal,just wait it will soon go round,no one would be spared.

Even in abroad there is high inflation but I know Nigeria is probably worse off.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: People Are Suffering. by texannaija: 11:24pm On Jun 24, 2023
IVORY2009:

United Kingdom is even wrost than Nigeria, in terms of food crisis

You say…

1 Like

Re: People Are Suffering. by Pedyson: 11:24pm On Jun 24, 2023
Tinububalls:

This kinda comment must be from a Nairaland kids
Why can’t talk in general without being tribal bigot? Mind you please, I’m not an Igbo.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

8 Signs A Marriage Won’t Last, According To Divorce Lawyers / I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband / Why Can't Single People 'Just Say No' To Married People?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.