Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:34 AM

People Are Suffering. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / People Are Suffering. (55998 Views)

Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor / Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury / While Man Was Suffering In Libya, His Wife Was Sleeping With A Married Man. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

People Are Suffering. by Nice2023(m): 7:55am On Jun 23, 2023
If you are living abroad and have some families here in Nigeria,pls don't hesitate to reach out to your brothers,sisters,uncles and aunties here in Nigeria.

The situation on ground is so bad that u see people groaning and talking to themselves,well kitted men and women turned cunny beggars just to meet up with daily activities.

Most families that I know have dump their cars especially here in Abuja. When u move around the city,u will see the situation on ground.

The subsidy removal has affected everything including the way of life of many people here in Nigeria. In my office today,many guys now come to office few times in a week just to cushion the effects of the subsidy removal.

Now that the electricity tariff is about to go up...I wonder how people would cope going forward.

And for those who feel everything is normal,just wait it will soon go round,no one would be spared.

697 Likes 64 Shares

Re: People Are Suffering. by Nobody: 8:14am On Jun 23, 2023
Trekking no be here!

171 Likes 7 Shares

Re: People Are Suffering. by Cassandraloius: 8:33am On Jun 23, 2023
God bless your heart.
We all know the world is cruel, you might decide to help someone and they'll use it and kill you, some will envy you, but those that value and want the best for you, it's those people you should help.

Kindly check my profile. smiley

93 Likes 4 Shares

Re: People Are Suffering. by captainzee4life(m): 8:46am On Jun 23, 2023
This is the bane of our society. The poor keep crying. Lord have mercy!

263 Likes 12 Shares

Re: People Are Suffering. by talented321: 8:47am On Jun 23, 2023
Work according to the condition of the country and you will be fine.

47 Likes 11 Shares

Re: People Are Suffering. by Calabar1stSon: 8:55am On Jun 23, 2023
Nigerians get poorer year-in-year-out. Religion, Ethnicity and above all TRIBALISM is why they'd be poorer Nigerians moving forward.

I pity no Nigerian. I only help out whenever I feel the need to because too many out there are very evil.

392 Likes 24 Shares

Re: People Are Suffering. by ikeno(m): 10:11am On Jun 23, 2023
The situation is so dire that both the rich and poor are feeling the burden.

163 Likes 12 Shares

Re: People Are Suffering. by Foodqueen(f): 12:32pm On Jun 23, 2023
True talk o.

Nigerians needs palliative now than ever.

Gave a bag of rice to be shared among 8 widows. Report got back to me that more than 30 people collected, both widow and non-widows.

That means each didn't even collect more than 2 derica. May God help us o.

210 Likes 17 Shares

Re: People Are Suffering. by pansophist(m): 1:16pm On Jun 23, 2023
And a friend wanted to move to Abuja from Austria, seems like I will show him this thread.

157 Likes 8 Shares

Re: People Are Suffering. by pansophist(m): 1:17pm On Jun 23, 2023
Nice2023:
If you are living abroad and have some families here in Nigeria,pls don't hesitate to reach out to your brothers,sisters,uncles and aunties here in Nigeria.

Those that live abroad are actually not spared from the economic onslaught. Apart from battling inflation in their host country, many still send money back home to their families. If not for their support, things will be worse than ever.

287 Likes 17 Shares

Re: People Are Suffering. by jesmond3945: 1:51pm On Jun 23, 2023
Nice2023:

The situation on ground is so bad that u see people groaning and talking to themselves,well kitted men and women turned cunny beggars just to meet up with daily activities.

Most families that I know have dump their cars especially here in Abuja. When u move around the city,u will see the situation on ground.

The subsidy removal has affected everything including the way of life of many people here in Nigeria. In my office today,many guys now come to office few times in a week just to cushion the effects of the subsidy removal.

Now that the electricity tariff is about to go up...I wonder how people would cope going forward.

And for those who feel everything is normal,just wait it will soon go round,no one would be spared.

nfpmod. This is what we should be talking but we allowed kids to run this beautiful forum.

151 Likes 8 Shares

Re: People Are Suffering. by henrimoto(m): 2:01pm On Jun 23, 2023
pansophist:
And a friend wanted to move to Abuja from Austria, seems like I will show him this thread.
...Is he coming back to the country with an empty hand. ? I guess he must have raised some good amount of capital to start up with .

37 Likes

Re: People Are Suffering. by LikeAking: 2:02pm On Jun 23, 2023
Nigerians sorry.

2 Likes

Re: People Are Suffering. by seguno2: 3:41pm On Jun 23, 2023
Nice2023:

When the people of the abroad told them to think well before voting for more suffering continuity, did they listen?

223 Likes 18 Shares

Re: People Are Suffering. by ahnie: 4:06pm On Jun 23, 2023
Following

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: People Are Suffering. by JeffreyJunior: 4:19pm On Jun 23, 2023
And those living abroad, who will reach out to them or you think it's all bed of roses for them?

With all the natural disasters happening around the world daily, how many of our people have reached out to their relatives abroad just to check on them and ask how they are surviving?

All Nigerians do everyday is expect everyone else to pity them when they themselves don't have any atom of empathy for anyone else.

There's suffering everywhere and I advocate that people lend helping hands to each other but don't just single out those living abroad because they themselves are also facing hardship too.

People at home are even better off because they have villages to run to and arable lands to cultivate in the event of extreme hardship unlike people abroad who become homeless so easily.

211 Likes 20 Shares

Re: People Are Suffering. by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jun 23, 2023
Suffering Bawo??

I have been seeing Celebration of Weddings, Naming Ceremonies and all form of different Parties here and there.

People throwing Money Into the Air like It's Paper most especially the Poor/Average Families.

Nigerians are Enjoying Jare. Stop the Joke.

93 Likes 7 Shares

Re: People Are Suffering. by JeffreyJunior: 4:29pm On Jun 23, 2023
seguno2:

When the people of the abroad told them to think well before voting for more suffering continuity, did they listen?
You are even going too far.

A relative reached out to me the other day for help via WhatsApp saying his family was starving. I called him later on and he was at a bar drinking. I said haa, uncle you still see money to dey drink beer and he responded saying "I'm drinking to forget the too many problems in this country".

I was furious at that point. I respectfully told him, do you know if you had saved money you spent on two bottles of beer, that's dinner money right there.

The thing is that Nigerians hate to make adjustments. Small thing, they start begging for help when all they need is just little adjustment and everything will be fine.

What they don't realize is that their family members abroad work round the clock and deny themselves some good things of life just to make extra and send back home whereas they the recipients don't want to deny themselves anything.

They do owambe all the time and still expect you that don't have the liberty to do an owambe to sponsor their own owambe. No be juju be that?

272 Likes 33 Shares

Re: People Are Suffering. by emmaodet: 4:49pm On Jun 23, 2023
Foodqueen:
True talk o.

Gave a bag of rice to be shared among 8 widows. Report got back to me that more than 30 people collected, both widow and non-widows.

grin grin
Re: People Are Suffering. by Nazgul: 6:20pm On Jun 23, 2023
Foodqueen:
True talk o.

Lol... there's one RCCG church I know of in Surulere back then that use to share breakfast before every service. Recently, I ran into their keyboardist and after exchanging greetings, I asked him if they're still giving breakfast, he told me for where, that the church is even struggling financially.

It's not easy anywhere. Our problem is that tribalism and religion wouldn't let us come out openly to condemn our leaders. We'll keep pointing fingers at each other while they keep looting us dry. It's well.

243 Likes 16 Shares

Re: People Are Suffering. by HanisahZuwy: 7:01pm On Jun 23, 2023
pansophist:
Did he say it's only in Abuja? Is Abuja the only place in Nigeria? And the area matters too. As it is in Abuja, that's how it'll be in other places. I think Abuja should even be better sef, in some cases. Planning on going there soon sef.

Or where would you advise your friend to go instead? Oyo? Ebonyi? Lagos? Kebbi? Gombe? Or where? Or will you tell him to remain where he is and not come back?

7 Likes

Re: People Are Suffering. by pansophist(m): 7:03pm On Jun 23, 2023
HanisahZuwy:
Did he say it's only in Abuja? Is Abuja the only place in Nigeria? As it is in Abuja, that's how it'll be in other places. I think Abuja should even be better sef, in some cases. Planning on going there soon sef.

Abuja is a city that will give a diasporean something close to sanity and acceptable infrastructure, since it's a planned city, and the capital.

Other places in Nigeria is worse really. This person is a Nigerian, so he knows Nigeria well. Just that he has left really long ago, and his families are all Austrian, and never lived in Nigeria before.

60 Likes 5 Shares

Re: People Are Suffering. by HanisahZuwy: 7:06pm On Jun 23, 2023
pansophist:

Abuja is a city that will give a diasporean something close to sanity and acceptable infrastructure, since it's a planned city, and the capital.

Other places in Nigeria is worse really. This person is a Nigerian, so he knows Nigeria well. Just that he has left really long ago, and his families are all Austrian, and never lived in Nigeria before.
Re: People Are Suffering. by HanisahZuwy: 7:09pm On Jun 23, 2023
pansophist:

Exactly. I quoted you because of your former comment. I was thinking you wanted to tell him not to bother coming to Abuja. So, I was wondering where you would now advise to go, seeing he's coming from overseas and hasn't been home in a while.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: People Are Suffering. by jesmond3945: 7:15pm On Jun 23, 2023
JeffreyJunior:

A relative reached out to me the other day for help via WhatsApp saying his family were starving. I called him later on and he was at a bar drinking. I said haa, uncle you still see money to dey drink beer and he responded saying "I'm drinking to forget the too many problems in this country".

I was furious at that point. I respectfully told him, do you know if you had saved money you spent on two bottles of beer, that's dinner money right there.

The thing is that Nigerians hate to make adjustments. Small thing, they start begging for help when all they need is just little adjustment and everything will be fine.

What they don't realize is that their family members abroad work round the clock and deny themselves some good things of life just to make extra and send back home whereas they the recipients don't want to deny themselves anything.

They do owambe all the time and still expect you that don't have the liberty to do an owambe to sponsor their own owambe. No be juju be that?
they see abroad people as their govt.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: People Are Suffering. by Sweetvie: 10:21pm On Jun 23, 2023
Hmm
Re: People Are Suffering. by Sweetvie: 10:22pm On Jun 23, 2023
Foodqueen:
True talk o.

Lol
Re: People Are Suffering. by ednut1(m): 2:25am On Jun 24, 2023
Cost of living and interest rates have gone up abroad too. Despite the hardship in Nigeria some will still give birth to more kids

91 Likes 6 Shares

Re: People Are Suffering. by ChybuzzDD(m): 5:04am On Jun 24, 2023
JeffreyJunior:

A relative reached out to me the other day for help via WhatsApp saying his family was starving. I called him later on and he was at a bar drinking. I said haa, uncle you still see money to dey drink beer and he responded saying "I'm drinking to forget the too many problems in this country".

Aptly captured!

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: People Are Suffering. by Gerrard59(m): 6:05am On Jun 24, 2023
pansophist:

Moving to Abuja or any part of Nigeria is not really the issue, but what does he intend to do when he has moved? Also, how long has he been outside of Nigeria?

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: People Are Suffering. by Gerrard59(m): 6:08am On Jun 24, 2023
OP,

Nothing new. Things are hard everywhere, but the difference is how the extent people go to trim costs. Many Nigerians are still thinking of hosting parties, expensive burial ceremonies, weddings, birthday bashes, buying expensive phones etc. To cap it, having plenty of children yanfu-yanfu. To be honest, I do not think Nigerians, especially in Southern Nigeria, are suffering o. Instagram and Facebook pictures tell a different story.

64 Likes 8 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Man To Divorce His Wife In Ondo For Failing To Cook For Him. Photos / I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband / Why Can't Single People 'Just Say No' To Married People?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.