Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,215 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:34 AM

Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? - Health (330) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? (1279601 Views)

Looking For The Best IVF/IUI/ICSI Why Not Try Stjudewomenshealthcare Abuja / Destinations For Successful Fertility Treatments / Are you thinking Ivf, Iui As Another Option? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) ... (423) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by nnennachiji(f): 9:07pm On Apr 13, 2021
Fireandice0589:
Hello mamas in the house. So I'm about to start my ivf process with nordica, done all tests.

I was told i will have to do sonohysteroscopy, to scan my uterus for any abnormalities. Now they said they can find something there (most likely fibroid), and this can be a potential threat, even after i conceive.

So they said i have to do hysteroscopy to check properly and take out what's there, before i can begin the ivf process proper.

Someone is telling me that it's just a way for them to milk me, I'm a bit confused and worried. The hysteroscopy is going to cost about 300k +

Pls who has been in this situation? How did you go about it � pls
Hysteroscopy is good but fibroid affecting implantation depends on the location
Mine was subserous and intramural and I had a successful cycle. The fibroid that’s affects implantation is most likely submucous
If you are doubting them why don’t you go for a second opinion and do sonohsg in another place to compare results
Success as you cycle

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by nnennachiji(f): 9:08pm On Apr 13, 2021
Can I be added to the WhatsApp group
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Fireandice0589: 7:55am On Apr 14, 2021
Goldie16:

I did hysteroscopy in Nordica, I spent around 300k. You should have told them to jump the sono and go straight to hysteroscopy. Nevertheless, just do as they say.

They didn't give me the option. They made the sono compulsory and the first step
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Fireandice0589: 7:56am On Apr 14, 2021
nnennachiji:

Hysteroscopy is good but fibroid affecting implantation depends on the location
Mine was subserous and intramural and I had a successful cycle. The fibroid that’s affects implantation is most likely submucous
If you are doubting them why don’t you go for a second opinion and do sonohsg in another place to compare results
Success as you cycle

Thank you so much, pls can you recommend anywhere that I can go for sono in lagos?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Fireandice0589: 7:59am On Apr 14, 2021
Perculiar:
This has been Nordic way of milking desperate TTC mamas. In some cases they cause them more harm then good. Personally I won't recommend that place to my worst enemy. I have seen people with worst review about them.

Had my IVF with fibroid and it worked perfectly well for me. It didn't cause me any harm.

Sighs... I'm already feeling milked and i haven't even started, pls where did you do your ivf with fibroid
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Apr 14, 2021
Best of luck to everyone.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Victoriouswoman: 5:38pm On Apr 14, 2021
MikeMichel:
Good day all,
Please l would like to know if we have someone with my similar experience l can talk to
I was to start my ivf injections on Tuesday, went to the clinic this morning to do baseline line scan but the doctor saw 35mm cyst and advised l aspirate the cyst before starting my injections.
I am booked for the minimal invasive operation on Monday and then l can start my injections on Tuesday.
He said this is in a bid to rule out issues with OHSS as the cyst will get bigger if l don't aspirate it before the stimulation.
My period started today as well, l was think stimulation should start day 1 of ones period but with the chart they gave me it's starts on Tuesday.
I will expecting experienced mamas in the house to help shed more light and likely questions l can ask the doctor during my visit.
Thank you all and baby dust.

My stimulation started day 4.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Victoriouswoman: 5:45pm On Apr 14, 2021
Fireandice0589:
Hello mamas in the house. So I'm about to start my ivf process with nordica, done all tests.

I was told i will have to do sonohysteroscopy, to scan my uterus for any abnormalities. Now they said they can find something there (most likely fibroid), and this can be a potential threat, even after i conceive.

So they said i have to do hysteroscopy to check properly and take out what's there, before i can begin the ivf process proper.

Someone is telling me that it's just a way for them to milk me, I'm a bit confused and worried. The hysteroscopy is going to cost about 300k +

Same thing Lily told me. Infact ehh if not for sense ehhhh. I eventually went to another hospital. I am 2 months gone now

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by MikeMichel: 8:53pm On Apr 14, 2021
Thanks Mama,
Started day 4, yesterday was day two of stimulation.
I trust God for a successful cycle.
Thanks for the response.

Victoriouswoman:

My stimulation started day 4.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Lamay: 9:37pm On Apr 14, 2021
Fireandice0589:

Nordica to like fibriod matter. I think you should seek a second opinion like someone earlier wrote.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by tsquaure(f): 3:29am On Apr 15, 2021
Hello sis . Does anyone know how to treat malaria during ivf procedure n how safe is it
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by tsquaure(f): 3:30am On Apr 15, 2021
tsquaure:
Hello sisters . Does anyone know how to treat malaria during ivf procedure n how safe is it
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Goldie16(f): 9:50am On Apr 15, 2021
tsquaure:
Hello sis . Does anyone know how to treat malaria during ivf procedure n how safe is it
I don't think you should. The meds may affect your egg quality. It's better to wait until you're pregnant then, they'll give you the routine antenatal drugs for malaria.
Or are you already sick?

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Fireandice0589: 10:28am On Apr 15, 2021
Victoriouswoman:

Same thing Lily told me. Infact ehh if not for sense ehhhh. I eventually went to another hospital. I am 2 months gone now

Thank God for you. Can you share the hospital you used? I don't mind switching
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Fireandice0589: 10:29am On Apr 15, 2021
Lamay:

Nordica to like fibriod matter. I think you should seek a second opinion like someone earlier wrote.

Hmmm sighs, i think i should, not sure where to go though
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Victoriouswoman: 11:34am On Apr 15, 2021
Fireandice0589:

Thank God for you. Can you share the hospital you used? I don't mind switching
Divine trinity hospital. Its in Benin
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Fireandice0589: 3:10pm On Apr 15, 2021
Victoriouswoman:

Divine trinity hospital. Its in Benin

Thanks alot. Sadly I am in lagos
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Jellos: 7:07am On Apr 16, 2021
Fireandice0589:

Thanks alot. Sadly I am in lagos
PF medical in Surulere is a good place and positive results for ivf too
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by MikeMichel: 1:05pm On Apr 17, 2021
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by okontasamuel90: 11:06am On Apr 18, 2021
Good morning! Please i need your advice, suggestion or recommendation. I was told i had azoospermia during the lock-down after doing 3 SFA tests in Warri and my family doctor referred me to Shepard fertility hospital in warri but i didn't meet the main doctor(he was out of the country), after doing hormones profiling, the doctor on seat advise me to do IVF with donor. I've been married for 3 years now. My wife is okay! the HSG test she did was good, no blocked, we did it at our family hospital even though, i refuse to do another one in the fertility hospital as they insisted but i refused cos my wife was in pains for days and their was as over 250k.

Please i am thinking of IUI first cos of the financial cost of IVF with a donor. Please is there any good, safe, cost friendly one in warri or benin. Or is there a possibility to get good sperms from Sperm Bank and insert it to my wife as i have watched some many videos on Youtube?

Please i need your advice as my mother is already disturbing me and my wife on having kids. My wife is standing strong for me on this even though she doesn't support it the IUI or IVF process ( she believes God will come through for us naturally as i do too)

My wife is going to be 30 this year and i am very scared cos the chances might be reducing,

I appreciate your advice as i await them.

Please
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Peonies: 3:54pm On Apr 18, 2021
I had my successful IVF cycle with Nordica as well. Though very expensive, they know what they are doing. Now, know that Nordica will not treat you if you do the Hysteroscopy elsewhere. They will use their own results only. so, if you decide to get a second opinion, you must know that you will be unable to use it to continue treatment at Nordica.

another thing i note from my experience with them is that they do not give you all the information at once, maybe its their way of managing your emotions or keeping you in the dark, they know why they do this but i will advise you to ask them direct questions that can fetch you a clear and direct answer.

if the fibroid is in a bad location, you may have to do the hysteroscopy to avoid any sob story when pregnancy happens. may we not experience a miscarriage in Jesus name. i will say you seek a second opinion on whether or not you need the hysteroscopy. if you do, you can go back to Nordica and pay the high cost.

if you need more explanation into this, you can let me know. I will be glad to help.

Fireandice0589:

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Peonies: 4:03pm On Apr 18, 2021
Hello Sir, with Azoospermia, your chances are greatly reduced. Haev you tried boosting production with Addyzoa? if you have been on Addyzoa for 3 months and no positive response is seen, i will suggest you do IVF. IUI is cheaper but the success rates are really low and you may have to do up to three cycles or more to get a positive. three cycles of IUI is about the cost of one 1VF cycle. so you can do the maths.

you said madam is 30 this year. her ovarian reserve will start to decline fast if you dont act fast. i will advise you do the IVF one time. expensive but chances are higher. since you are in Benin, you can try Graceland. it comes highly recommended and its close to university of Benin. Their success rates is also good. i have heard of two different people who went there and got pregnant at first cycle in Graceland. you can give them a shot. they also have a sperm bank there. cost of donor sperm is 50k I think? IVF is about 800k there and you get to buy your own drugs yourself not that thy will give you drugs and bill you so high. God grant you your heart desires and all the best with you and madam.

okontasamuel90:
Good morning! Please i need your advice, suggestion or recommendation. I was told i had azoospermia during the lock-down after doing 3 SFA tests in Warri and my family doctor referred me to Shepard fertility hospital in warri but i didn't meet the main doctor(he was out of the country), after doing hormones profiling, the doctor on seat advise me to do IVF with donor. I've been married for 3 years now. My wife is okay! the HSG test she did was good, no blocked, we did it at our family hospital even though, i refuse to do another one in the fertility hospital as they insisted but i refused cos my wife was in pains for days and their was as over 250k.

Please i am thinking of IUI first cos of the financial cost of IVF with a donor. Please is there any good, safe, cost friendly one in warri or benin. Or is there a possibility to get good sperms from Sperm Bank and insert it to my wife as i have watched some many videos on Youtube?

Please i need your advice as my mother is already disturbing me and my wife on having kids. My wife is standing strong for me on this even though she doesn't support it the IUI or IVF process ( she believes God will come through for us naturally as i do too)

My wife is going to be 30 this year and i am very scared cos the chances might be reducing,

Please

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by MikeMichel: 6:58pm On Apr 18, 2021
Good evening Mamas,
I did my day 6 scan 2 today, left ovary with 8 follicles but the right with none. The doctor said my right ovary which l did the cyst aspiration before starting my injections didn't respond hence the no follicles that occurred.
Scan 3 is on Wednesday, is it possible for the right.ovary to have responded then or it won't respond at all sad
Has someone has the same experience similar to mine?
Egg retrieval is on Saturday, trusting God for a successful cycle.
Baby dust .

3 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Jellos: 9:06pm On Apr 18, 2021
okontasamuel90:

Please
Try and contact "the peopledoctors" on Instagram. Lately someone testified of rhe same issue and there was improvement

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by joliefille(f): 9:22pm On Apr 19, 2021
Jellos:
PF medical in Surulere is a good place and positive results for ivf too

PF is a good place. That's where I got my good news.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by sudemba: 5:40am On Apr 21, 2021
Good morning mamas. Am new,I have been reading the posts,It's good to be here. We just relocated to lagos and I want recommendations for an affordable ivf clinic in lagos between the range of 1m-1.2m. some one told me of Medical Art centre,have any one done ivf there with good success rate?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Perculiar: 7:05pm On Apr 21, 2021
The success rate for medical art is very high but it's very expensive btw 1.8-2.6 it can be more.

sudemba:
Good morning mamas. Am new,I have been reading the posts,It's good to be here. We just relocated to lagos and I want recommendations for an affordable ivf clinic in lagos between the range of 1m-1.2m. some one told me of Medical Art centre,have any one done ivf there with good success rate?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Fireandice0589: 3:51pm On Apr 22, 2021
Peonies:
I had my successful IVF cycle with Nordica as well. Though very expensive, they know what they are doing. Now, know that Nordica will not treat you if you do the Hysteroscopy elsewhere. They will use their own results only. so, if you decide to get a second opinion, you must know that you will be unable to use it to continue treatment at Nordica.

another thing i note from my experience with them is that they do not give you all the information at once, maybe its their way of managing your emotions or keeping you in the dark, they know why they do this but i will advise you to ask them direct questions that can fetch you a clear and direct answer.

if the fibroid is in a bad location, you may have to do the hysteroscopy to avoid any sob story when pregnancy happens. may we not experience a miscarriage in Jesus name. i will say you seek a second opinion on whether or not you need the hysteroscopy. if you do, you can go back to Nordica and pay the high cost.

if you need more explanation into this, you can let me know. I will be glad to help.

Hello mama thank you so much, pls I'd like to contact you
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Lamay: 6:52pm On Apr 23, 2021
Hello every one.

I will be starting stimms tomorrow. I just want to know if I can still be taking my vitamins during stimms. Thank you
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Joyfulgal: 11:15am On Apr 25, 2021
Lamay:
Hello every one.

I will be starting stimms tomorrow. I just want to know if I can still be taking my vitamins during stimms. Thank you

Pls ask your hospital. I remember how a particular multivitamin affected my result during stimming. Although folic acid shouldn't hurt
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Joyfulgal: 11:20am On Apr 25, 2021
tsquaure:

Best taken before commencing treatment

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) ... (423) (Reply)

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.