Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,462 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:03 AM

Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? (1275782 Views)

Looking For The Best IVF/IUI/ICSI Why Not Try Stjudewomenshealthcare Abuja / Destinations For Successful Fertility Treatments / Are you thinking Ivf, Iui As Another Option? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (422) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by pslm23(f): 5:33pm On Oct 20, 2011
ijogbon:

@ Psalm23

May i suggest 'Gods promise' as one of the triplets names? Please, in Yoruba (which is my tongue) it is 'AdeunOluwa' (excuse the spelling, if you promise to choose it I will promise to find the correct spelling - Deal?),

chaircover:

^^^ and mine is IleriOluwakiiye. Meaning Gods Promise never fails.

Psalm23 you only need one more name now sis  smiley  kiss

grin ok, so what will the short version of these names be? I don't want any of these oyibo people butchering the names oh like they did/do mine by calling me "utchy" or "hootchy" instead of Uche.  grin

4 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by ant01: 7:42pm On Oct 20, 2011
@Psalm 23,
am so excited for you, you have me in tears,
I know how it feels like as i have been down that road before and God was and is and will always be faithful,
I have a set of identical twins ( even when they transferred one embryo in as i had cervix issues)
Please try and rest as much as you can and drink loads of water as well.
i know we r looking at 8 weeks down the line from now but i think you should discuss having a suture in at 12 weeks or so with your OB/Gyn.
It is well! We thank God for everything!!!!!!
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by diva90: 7:58pm On Oct 20, 2011
@pslm23 i am so happy for you. God will surely see you through this time
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by uzoo: 9:36pm On Oct 20, 2011
@pslm23
i can feel your excitment from here. . . i'm sure you didn't pee on just one stick but 2 no 3 or is it 4 sticks . . . lol.

any way like i said,just hang in there and just as one of posters said,its a passing phase,you're already a mother.

as an Anambarian myself i'm going to have to suggest 6 igbo names which i think you will like.
1. Egwuchukwu ( male) meaning fear/awesomeness of God
2. Sochikanyima (unisex) meaning we only know God (Kaima for short)
3. Chim-ama-nda(female) meaning my God never fails(Amanda for short)
4. Kambilichukwu (unisex) meaning let me live for God
5. Chigozili (unisex) meaning God has blessed
and the sixth one. . .uhm , i think as the god mother to be i shouldn't reveal that yet until the day of the Christening.lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by uzoo: 9:49pm On Oct 20, 2011
@every one

but seriously guys/ladies,you're right. . . we should hook up sometime soon & get our gifts ready for pslm23's baby shower. cheesy
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by emmatok(m): 10:14pm On Oct 20, 2011
;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by emmadinoyi: 11:53pm On Oct 20, 2011
I am so grateful to God for u,i am deeply moved by ur story and all that u went thru. we believed God for 4yrs for a bundle of joy and @ almost our 5th yr our beautiful daughter arrived,she's two now and there is another on the way, one thing about our story was that we never really went for any daignosis or treatments cos then we couldnt really afford much medical help, so we put our trust solely in God and he did it, when our daughter was 6mnths we started trying again but it wasnt happening, i almost started to worry but then i rememberd that God who did it the first time was still able to repeat his good works, then it happened a yr later when my baby was a yr and a half, now we r xpecting our little bundle of joy in about 2 and a half months from now.
I want to encourage anyone looking up to God for this precious gifts, With God all things are possible as long as u put ur trust in him, he never fails, which ever means u want to use to get ur bundles of joy, just ensure that u put ur total trust in him
in addition ever since our daughter arrived a yr ago, tremendous has been Gods blessings upon our lives, i cant even expalin how God has catapulted us to were we are now.
I just praise him

9 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by question(m): 7:33am On Oct 21, 2011
pslm23:

grin grin grin grin grin grin knowing my husband, if i were to tell him to come help wipe my bum, he will tell me that it wasn't in the marriage contract. He has been very supportive though and even now that I'm off bed rest and back to work, he still wants to keep helping with  the cooking and cleaning. The only thing he has a problem with is the no se.x ban which our doctor has put in place until 10 weeks of gestation.  The thing dey vex am no be small  grin ,  as for me, I'm enjoying the hiatus while it lasts  grin grin
If i were him, I would ban myself for the next 12 months. The joy of being a father is far greater than that 5 mins of ecstasy. he should set his priorities right.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by emmadinoyi: 8:18am On Oct 21, 2011
question:

If i were him, I would ban myself for the next 12 months. The joy of being a father is far greater than that 5 mins of ecstasy. he should set his priorities right.

U r only saying this cos u r not him, its only natural for a man to feel a little upset about not being able to touch his wife when she is right there with u that does not mean he is not joyfully awaiting fatherhood or not setting his prorities right as u have put it, as far as am concerned he has been one of the most supportive husbands i know and for that may God bless him
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by udoka2: 9:35am On Oct 21, 2011
@Uzoo these are beautiful names, especially No 1 and 2, am keeping them for my children as well. tongue
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Debsolat(f): 1:39pm On Oct 21, 2011
Pslm 23, you are blessed among women. I read your story with humility of heart and joy for how far you have come and where God is taking you to. I had similar experience of not able to conceive and then went on Clomid, ended up having 2 miscarriages, 1 ectopic and 1 molar pregnancy. I had a laparascopy in June where a 3.5kg cyst was removed. 2 Weeks later, i became pregnant naturally. Bump and I are doing well. It is quite sad the stigma that is attached to many things in Africa.

My prayer for you is that God will bring this to a perfect completion. You will not miscarry. You will not weep over your children. Your seeds will call you blessed. I rebuke every foetus eating demon and any plan of the enemy will not work as this is the Lord's doing and it is marvelous in our sight. You will bring forth life. God will put His own supernatural safeguard in place for your babies. And you will testify of His faithfulness and mercies. Keep rejoicing. It is well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by tosanj: 2:08pm On Oct 21, 2011
@ Psaml 23, God Bless u for this info. Am so happy for you and like the other I will put u in my prayer. It is well with you. the good thin with such info is that you know how to channel you prayer points
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by pslm23(f): 6:03pm On Oct 21, 2011
Hello family,

I wish I could individually name everybody here so i can fully express my thanks to you all for your kind words, prayers and suggestions to me. From the bottom of my heart, I say a big THANK YOU and no matter the outcome, I want everybody to know that your words touched my heart deeply and I cried when reading them.

Please keep praying for me. I woke up this morning with a fever, headache and body pains. It almost feels like I'm coming down with malaria but I know it can't be malaria and it also can't be the flu because i've had the shot last month. I don't think it is morning sickness because i'm not throwing up or spitting and i've seen women with morning sickness spitting non stop and throwing up.

I couldn't go to work today so I'm just laying down at home drinking orange juice, and soup and. I can't take any other kind of medication without approval from my doctor. I also wanted to POAS and was too afraid to do so this morning because of this unexpected "malaria"

Anyway, all i can do now is just be prayerful. It's all in God's hand now.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 6:18pm On Oct 21, 2011
awwwww sweetheart please dont fret. It could just be your body getting used to things or just a cold. Morning sickness doesnst kick in until about 6 weeks so you still have time to enjoy morning sickness free days  wink

Chin up babes . . .we are with you all the way  kiss

The Lord is your strenght.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by mcauly(f): 6:52pm On Oct 21, 2011
pslm23 - I applaud your decision to share your story, It's a very much needed action within our community and you are taking an important step in getting us there. I would encourage you and everyone on this thread to check out:

www.9jamom.com - the premier online community and portal for news, resources and support for 9ja Moms and moms-to-be everywhere. There is also a feature on there - 9ja Mom Real Stories where stories such as yours are being shared to increase awareness about the different issues faced by 9ja Moms as well as solutions. A major goal is to change the mindset and stigma associated with certain issues related to motherhood.

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 8:05pm On Oct 21, 2011
Babe congrats o!!! You see what I told you when you started this blog. God has started His work and I believe He will perfect all that concerns you. Better start shopping for triplets o!!!! Congrat----uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu------------lat-----------------ionsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss. I'm just so happy for you and can't wait for the 6th week scan. At least we know the result of the PT so we don't need to look forward to tuesday. Me I'm already seeing the scan in two weeks time. that's the one I want to hear. Congrats and kudos to your hubby for all the support. He is a real man.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 3:38am On Oct 22, 2011
You can still have flu even if you already had a flu shot dear, it is well, the Lord is your strength, It sounds like morning sickness to me smiley, It is well with you and God Almighty will be with you every step of the way, pls take things easy for now abeg, call in sick or something for the next 4weeks if its possible. You are in my prayers everyday. smiley
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 3:42am On Oct 22, 2011
@cc the third name is[b] Toluwani[/b]- God's Own , oyinbo pple can call Tolu for short grin
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Sissy3(f): 4:41pm On Oct 22, 2011
hope you are feeling better now
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by uzoo: 7:09pm On Oct 22, 2011
@pslm23
don't worry dear,it comes with the package,you'll feel better soon.Remember , you have take care of yourself and the babies.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 12:59am On Oct 23, 2011
@OP how are you doing?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by pslm23(f): 8:16pm On Oct 23, 2011
Hi everyone,

I don't know how I'm feeling anymore. cry everything just hurts. I can't sleep well at night becos of night sweats and horrible scary dreams. I cry at everything now, good or bad, my back is also hurting so bad.

I think I'm having mild-moderate OHSS because my ovaries have started hurting real bad again. I had OHSS before my ET because of all the ovarian stimulation medications I was on. It got better and now it's back embarassed That's why i say I don't know how I'm feeling anymore.

More than ever, I wish my mom were alive and here with me. cry cry cry I miss home (Nigeria)

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by uzoo: 8:53pm On Oct 23, 2011
@pslm23

not to worry,we're here for you.all that pain will soon be gone.
for the back pain,ask your hubby to keep robbing your lower spine(the region before where your bum seperates),he can use a massage or just a moisturizer and slowly massage in a circular motion & try to relax on a bed or something while doing this is going on. You can find a local Nigerian movie to watch maybe a funny one,
i hope this helps,do get well.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by ant01: 9:19pm On Oct 23, 2011
@ psalm
pls try and rest as much as you can.

Ideally you should be drinking at least 2 litres of milk and another 2 litres of water a day, i know it is a lot, I did mine religiously. i looked 5 months pregnant with all the fluid when i hadnt even done d pregnancy test!
Take care,
Thots Bleep
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by ant01: 9:25pm On Oct 23, 2011
, Also if you are in a lot of pain, i think you should see your doc.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 8:14am On Oct 24, 2011
Uche pele. All will be well my darling just hang in there.

When I was ill recently I spent the time in bed reading lots of books on healing & did a lot of bible quiz's etc to stenghten me spiritually and the physical just fell into place. It worked for me and you may try this if you want.

The Lord is your strength kiss
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by missuzoma: 11:40am On Oct 24, 2011
dear uche we are all praying for you. relax it will all turn out well. the nightmares and pains will go away. soon you will laugh when you remember now.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by imurboss: 12:18pm On Oct 24, 2011
Congratulations to u psalm 23.God will be with u through the journey and i'm tapping from ur blessing IJN.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by pslm23(f): 4:19pm On Oct 24, 2011
chaircover:

Uche pele. All will be well my darling just hang in there.

When I was ill recently I spent the time in bed reading lots of books on healing & did a lot of bible quiz's etc to stenghten me spiritually and the physical just fell into place. It worked for me and you may try this if you want.

The Lord is your strength kiss

You sound just like my mom,  cry  I will try to find some Bible quizzes online. It should be fun.
I'm doing better today. No back pain but still having pain in the ovaries and night sweats.  I spoke to my doc and he said I have mild OHSS. At least now I know what is causing the pain. He has put me on bed rest for the next two days because walking is a problem now for me. My ovaries are so large that when walking it feels like i have rocks in my belly. The RE said I should be back to normal in a week and as the HCG from the pregnancy builds in my system, my OHSS  will start disappearing
Tomorrow is my BETA and I'm so excited.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by pslm23(f): 4:22pm On Oct 24, 2011
missuzoma:

dear uche we are all praying for you. relax it will all turn out well. the nightmares and pains will go away. soon you will laugh when you remember now.

Thank you, I sent my hubby to the Nigeria store in Philadelphia to buy movies for me. He asked me what kind and I said he should ask the owner to give him any movies with Patience Uzokwor and any other movies that will make me laugh. I need to stop crying at everything.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by pslm23(f): 4:23pm On Oct 24, 2011
imurboss:

Congratulations to u psalm 23.God will be with u through the journey and i'm tapping from your blessing IJN.

Amen, and thank you smiley
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by afrobaby(f): 4:33pm On Oct 24, 2011
uche, I comment all my reserve, sorry, I reserve all my comments till 8months time when u will share the best news with us, am in between tears reading ur experience.
My prayer for now is
The children that shall come out of ur belle, they will always be a source of joy to u, I say soon and very soon, u will remember the pains no more cos the children that u will have will cause u enormous joy.
Congrats in advance

Iya ni wura o, what a mother can do to give life to her child cannot be expressed with words

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (422) (Reply)

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.