Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,341 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:11 PM

Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? - Health (410) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? (1279646 Views)

Looking For The Best IVF/IUI/ICSI Why Not Try Stjudewomenshealthcare Abuja / Destinations For Successful Fertility Treatments / Are you thinking Ivf, Iui As Another Option? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) ... (423) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Timitoyo: 8:21am On Aug 22, 2023
JadeWilliam:

Before my implantation; I did a Catholic prayer called NOVENA. I did Novena to St Gerald who is a saint for expectant mothers & Novena to Jesus Christ in the Blessed Sacrament. I did them for 9 days & I prayed my rosary everyday for that 9 days preceding my implantation.

While I was on the table for my implantation; I held unto my rosary & was professing “Oh Mary help my embryo to implant!! Oh Mary Help me! Oh Mary help my embryo to implant!! I kept uttering that prayer until the procedure was over.

Fast forward to 14 days later, they did a pregnancy test & they said it was negative. My husband prophesied & said “ their lab test is wrong” ; the embryo implanted!! I have faith in God. In my mind, I said “look at this dreamer! It’s over. We would have to start all over.

The Dr told me to stop the progesterone injection I was taking and also stop the Estradol pill I was taking & inserting into the vagina. Stopping the progesterone was a big relief cos my buttock was swollen & ice pack wasn’t even helping.

The Dr told me that we’d be booked to go thru another round of IVF. I told my husband that we’d have to look for a new fertility center cos this one was the worst.

My husband said he’s not going thru IVF again that the trauma is too much. It was really too much. From the injections to the transvaginal ultrasounds; HSG, several labs & so on. He said “that is too much”. He saw the toll it had on me. I lost myself.

Well, while I was sourcing money to start another journey this year, lo & behold I was pregnant. We didn’t know that the embryo implanted.

After I stopped taking the progesterone, I saw my period s& my husband was transferred to another State where he stayed till for 3 months without coming home & I was seeing my period throughout.

The day he came home, we ML (Ed) & after that I started having abdominal pain & was bleeding even though I saw my period like 2 weeks before so I went to the hospital & they didn’t scan & saw that I was 12+ weeks pregnant. I thought I had fibroid cos my stomach was getting big a little. Imagine the shock of my life.

Long story short. I carried the baby to term & delivered my baby.

I believe that IVF is a spiritual journey that needs God & divine intervention. Mine is still a shocker cos ppl are like “u were supposed to take progesterone for 3 months or else u will miss carry the pregnancy “. Or how were u seeing ur period or this or that. Well I tell them “all I know is that I invoked divinity & it came thru for me.

Even after my implantation, I did another NOVENA to our lady of Perpetual help. Prayer really works. When God gives u a testimony, it won’t make sense. This is one of those testimonies.

Wao wao wao , see the way am shouting like a siren here 🤸🙏💃 Praise God
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by miracle1997: 11:37am On Aug 22, 2023
Confi100:

Amen
Please ma can you give me your number or mail
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Kimzybabe34: 3:58pm On Aug 22, 2023
Pls sis apart from hospital who knows where i can buy intralipids from.or any contact i can reach to purchase it.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Kimzybabe34: 4:16pm On Aug 22, 2023
Pls sis apart from hospital who knows where i can buy intralipids from.or any contact i can reach to purchase it.
Pls someone shd answer me
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Elirazstores: 9:08pm On Aug 22, 2023
All available
1000mg ubiquinol
Serrapeptase

If any one is interested call or whatsapp 08088234249
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Elohorp(f): 11:52am On Aug 23, 2023
JadeWilliam:

Don’t give up. I got 6 eggs but Dr said 3 were immature & fertilized the 3 matured ones & only one embryo was normal after doing the PGT test. The one embryo implanted with prayers so don’t give up. IVF is brutal & not for the faint hearted but with God, all things are possible.
thanks for the encouragement but my cycles failed this time,it's been 20 days after I got a negative result and followed by real heavy bleeding
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Elohorp(f): 11:59am On Aug 23, 2023
JadeWilliam:

Imagine how cheap IVF is in Nigeria. We paid $33,000 in the US. PGT test on the embryo was $6,000. They only test 4 embryos with that $6,000 paid not like if u have 10 embryos, 6k covers it. Total is almost $40,000.

I’d tell anyone that wants to do IVF to just come to Nigeria & save money. 750,000 Naira is like $1000. Imagine!!

And these American drs are not as good as our Naija drs. From what I’ve read on this page, Nigerian drs know their drill. I will leave my IVF experience story for another day.
You say it's cheap cause you calculating naira with dollar,that's why ,we spent about 2 million 6 hundred for my procedure and expenses,how many people in Nigeria have that kind of money to spend,not once but twice or 4 times,my husband lives in new York,it was his sister in law that told him that she came back to Nigeria to do hers, because her insurance only covers 60 percent of the expenses,but right now I've discovered Nigeria doctors are very greedy and lie alot at least my own was,a great big liar,knew I had only one follicle still went ahead with egg retrieval,told me there's no treatment for bad sperm motility,made me make my husband go through tesa surgery,ha it's a long and painful story what that doctor did to me,and it's my God that will judge him for me,my biggest regret was not going to the hospital my sister in law did hers,all because of stories I heard that this doctor tries,I didn't know all that was hearsay,do you know he doesn't even have IVF equipment in his hospital bit his collecting money for ivf,took us all the way from warri to benin to do egg retrieval and implantation,all those money for transport and fuel and accomodation and he didn't even tell me all this before I paid the money for the IVF to him,fee day back I sat down with some of the receipts I could find and calculated a total of 2 million ,six hundred thousand ,all for nothing,just heavy pain and heavy bleeding,ha stubborness is not good if only I had listen to my husband and went to the hospital his sister in law used by Gods grace I would have been pregnant by now
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Mayfufu27: 3:07pm On Aug 23, 2023
It is well sister I understand how you feel, please change hospital for d next one and seek for second option before making a final decision. God will put a smile on our faces soon
Elohorp:
thanks for the encouragement but my cycles failed this time,it's been 20 days after I got a negative result and followed by real heavy bleeding

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by TinaJoe(f): 3:32pm On Aug 23, 2023
JadeWilliam:

Imagine how cheap IVF is in Nigeria. We paid $33,000 in the US. PGT test on the embryo was $6,000. They only test 4 embryos with that $6,000 paid not like if u have 10 embryos, 6k covers it. Total is almost $40,000.

I’d tell anyone that wants to do IVF to just come to Nigeria & save money. 750,000 Naira is like $1000. Imagine!!

And these American drs are not as good as our Naija drs. From what I’ve read on this page, Nigerian drs know their drill. I will leave my IVF experience story for another day.

You said IVF is cheap in Nigeria probably because you have the money and don't even reside in the country. There are certain statement you are not meant to drop especially where we have couples who are still struggling to save up money for IVF. IVF IS NOT CHEAP IN NIGERIA.

3 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Elohorp(f): 3:49pm On Aug 23, 2023
Mayfufu27:
It is well sister I understand how you feel, please change hospital for d next one and seek for second option before making a final decision. God will put a smile on our faces soon
amen and thank you
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Yinkaolola: 6:55pm On Aug 23, 2023
TinaJoe:

You said IVF is cheap in Nigeria probably because you have the money and don't even reside in the country. There are certain statement you are not meant to drop especially where we have couples who are still struggling to save up money for IVF. IVF IS NOT CHEAP IN NIGERIA.

The fact remains that it’s cheaper in Nigeria than other places. What’s cheap to someone is expensive to someone else. Generally, IVF in Nigeria is considered cheaper, even japa people come back to do it here. Y’all should stop roasting her. It is cheap.

6 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Yinkaolola: 6:55pm On Aug 23, 2023
JadeWilliam:

What was the PGT for?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Elohorp(f): 9:23pm On Aug 23, 2023
Yinkaolola:

The fact remains that it’s cheaper in Nigeria than other places. What’s cheap to someone is expensive to someone else. Generally, IVF in Nigeria is considered cheaper, even japa people come back to do it here. Y’all should stop roasting her. It is cheap.
do you have 2 .6 million laying around in your house, please share since it's chicken change for you,this economy when tenant can't pay rent, just see how a mature woman was begging my hubby for time because of house rent and you say spending millions is cheap,how is it cheap,my husband livee in America,did they tell you they pick money from the floor there,japa people come home to do it,it's not only because of money,do you know that if your overweight alot of doctors there won't do IVF for you, another reason why some women come back home to do it, cause Nigeria doctors don't care,as long as you can pay,I was surprised to find out from one lady at the hospital that they borrowed the money,they used in doing IVF,I was surprised, please don't say IVF is cheap cause some couples don't even have money for ordinary couples test, saying IVF is cheap is like making my efforts look cheap, especially me that is planning for another round.
I

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Elohorp(f): 9:24pm On Aug 23, 2023
Yinkaolola:

What was the PGT for?
it's genetic testing to see if the embryo have any disabilities or impairment,it's hardly done in Nigeria
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Elohorp(f): 9:37pm On Aug 23, 2023
Yinkaolola:

and no we aren't roasting her,just correcting the word she used as it might be hurtful to some people that are still saving or borrowing to do this IVF.
She's nice ,and I know she was only trying to encourage the group and share her experience,a very nice experience,am happy for her and tapping into the miracle.how wish something like that can happen to me,that am actually pregnant right now,am going straight to vacation,I will dance on my head I swear
But let's be nice,not everyone is carrying dollar back to Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by miracle1997: 9:42pm On Aug 23, 2023
Elohorp:
and no we aren't roasting her,just correcting the word she used as it might be hurtful to some people that are still saving or borrowing to do this IVF.
She's nice ,and I know she was only trying to encourage the group and share her experience,a very nice experience,am happy for her and tapping into the miracle.
But let's be nice,not everyone is carrying dollar back to Nigeria

She is being relative with her comparison. She is not saying it's easy to get the money. Even in USA that 33k USD to some people, is their yearly salary without spending, generally IVF is relatively cheaper in Nigeria (as to what an IVF is) than every other country. No where country is easy, some people cannot afford 10k same as some people can't afford 10usd. She's being relative it's not that difficult.. I've had 4 people who came back from USA to do IVF in Nigeria and their major reason was, it's cheaper and will save dem more money in Nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Elohorp(f): 10:08pm On Aug 23, 2023
miracle1997:

She is being relative with her comparison. She is not saying it's easy to get the money. Even in USA that 33k USD to some people, is their yearly salary without spending, generally IVF is relatively cheaper in Nigeria (as to what an IVF is) than every other country. No where country is easy, some people cannot afford 10k same as some people can't afford 10usd. She's being relative it's not that difficult.. I've had 4 people who came back from USA to do IVF in Nigeria and their major reason was, it's cheaper and will save dem more money in Nigeria.
but you can't say something is not that difficult when your not in that shoes,how can you say it's not that difficult,anyway let's agree to disagree,I don't want to debate on this matter
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Timitoyo: 12:26am On Aug 24, 2023
Yinkaolola:

Very cheap biko, there are 3 people here who had come from overseas to do it .

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by ParisNY: 3:24am On Aug 24, 2023
Hi Ladies - I'm new here. I have read the entire thread, started taking the suggested supplements and feel confident with my infertility journey.

I'm based in the US and my employer provides 100% coverage for one cycle of fertility treatments at $0 cost to me. However, my doctor is suggesting two cycles due to low 0.4 AMH and diminished ovarian reserve. I'm worried about paying out of pocket for the second cycle since I'm using an expensive hospital. Instead of egg retrieval and implantation, my doctor wants us to focus on retrieving eggs and freezing as much as possible before considering implantation.

What can I do to maximize that one chance for healthy eggs? She also declined multiple embryo transfer. Is there a huge risk in trying just one time in faith - like if only one egg fertilizes, use that one instead of freezing multiple eggs? I've read your experiences and know its tough on the body.

"Your benefit includes 1 Smart Cycle which bundles coverage for a (IVF fresh cycle, embryo transfer and egg freezing) and all services, tests, and treatments you may need. Additionally, if a member uses one smart cycle that doesn't result in a pregnancy, members have access to an additional smart cycle. Progyny also covers donor tissue services, surrogacy counseling, and adoption expenses"
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 11:53am On Aug 24, 2023
Blendy77:

My Dear, once there is cyst or any other issue, I don't advise people to try this because it can complicate issues for u. Try and work with your Drs recommendations. You can consider taking out the cysts if it disturbs you this much or drain them.
Please where can one get the HCG trigger medication? Can it be bought over the counter in any drug store?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 3:37pm On Aug 24, 2023
Nannyservices:

Please where can one get the HCG trigger medication? Can it be bought over the counter in any drug store?

Most pharmacy sell without prescription while others you will need to speak small grammar n scoop them before they sell. If u are in Lagos try any alpha pharmacy branch. They stock fertility drugs. U can get their contact from google

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Elohorp(f): 4:31pm On Aug 24, 2023
ParisNY:
Hi Ladies - I'm new here. I have read the entire thread, started taking the suggested supplements and feel confident with my infertility journey.

I'm based in the US and my employer provides 100% coverage for one cycle of fertility treatments at $0 cost to me. However, my doctor is suggesting two cycles due to low 0.4 AMH and diminished ovarian reserve. I'm worried about paying out of pocket for the second cycle since I'm using an expensive hospital. Instead of egg retrieval and implantation, my doctor wants us to focus on retrieving eggs and freezing as much as possible before considering implantation.

What can I do to maximize that one chance for healthy eggs? She also declined multiple embryo transfer. Is there a huge risk in trying just one time in faith - like if only one egg fertilizes, use that one instead of freezing multiple eggs? I've read your experiences and know its tough on the body.

"Your benefit includes 1 Smart Cycle which bundles coverage for a (IVF fresh cycle, embryo transfer and egg freezing) and all services, tests, and treatments you may need. Additionally, if a member uses one smart cycle that doesn't result in a pregnancy, members have access to an additional smart cycle. Progyny also covers donor tissue services, surrogacy counseling, and adoption expenses"
It's says here that if member uses one smart cycle that doesn't result in pregnancy that you have access to added smart cycle, doesn't that mean two free cycles
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Elohorp(f): 4:32pm On Aug 24, 2023
Timitoyo:

Very cheap biko, there are 3 people here who had come from overseas to do it .
those are people that don't have good jobs over there,alot of our people are just managing over there,or don't have good insurance policy,that's just the truth
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by ParisNY: 7:00pm On Aug 24, 2023
Elohorp:

It's says here that if member uses one smart cycle that doesn't result in pregnancy that you have access to added smart cycle, doesn't that mean two free cycles

Yes but the second cycle applies only if IVF fails. My doctor wants to keep retrieving eggs instead of going straight to IVF which is what I can't afford on my own. I may have to pay for multiple egg retrievals out of pocket and use insurance for the IVF cycles.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Yinkaolola: 8:03pm On Aug 24, 2023
Elohorp:
it's genetic testing to see if the embryo have any disabilities or impairment,it's hardly done in Nigeria

Okay.

There are several hospitals doing it here.

Bridge Clinic, I think Nordica does it too. Some one I know did it here for genotype selection.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Ejaisky: 11:24am On Aug 25, 2023
Elohorp:

please can you share the name of the clinic you used?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by JadeWilliam(f): 12:37pm On Aug 25, 2023
Yinkaolola:

What was the PGT for?
Preimplantation Genetic Testing for Aneuploidy (PGT-A) is used in conjunction with in-vitro fertilization (IVF) to identify which embryos are the most likely to result in a successtul pregnancy.

One of my embryo was Mosaic & after my pregnancy turned out negative, the IVF Dr advised me to have the mosaic implanted. The chances of miscarrying the mosaic embryo Is higher but it’s almost a normal embryo (from the genetic counseling I got). I declined cos I wanted the Dr to do more egg retrieval before I can just settle.

I can email u more readable resources sent to me about PGT.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by JadeWilliam(f): 12:58pm On Aug 25, 2023
ParisNY:

Yes but the second cycle applies only if IVF fails. My doctor wants to keep retrieving eggs instead of going straight to IVF which is what I can't afford on my own. I may have to pay for multiple egg retrievals out of pocket and use insurance for the IVF cycles.

I wanted more egg retrievals too but my quack Dr won’t bulge. Having more eggs or embryo stored gives u peace of mind.

Like the process of waiting for the whole procedure again & the timing & so on makes it so annoying.

In the US, everything is by scheduling & appointment. Like it can take several weeks or months to have opening for the anesthesiologist to come for egg retrieval cos they are fully booked since they work at different hospitals & surgical centers.

My experience was traumatic. Even after my implantation, my workplace refused to give me time off cos I was new & wasn’t qualified. Had to resume work after 24 hrs of implantation. I had no rest.

Inshort mine is a testimony. When they gave me a picture of the embryo / blastocysts, after the PGT test came our normal, I name that embryo & placed that scan result / picture in psalm 91. Then every morning , I’ll open it & pray that psalm & talk to the embryo (weird right). What we do in time of desperation.

3 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by ParisNY: 3:00pm On Aug 25, 2023
JadeWilliam:

Inshort mine is a testimony. When they gave me a picture of the embryo / blastocysts, after the PGT test came our normal, I name that embryo & placed that scan result / picture in psalm 91. Then every morning , I’ll open it & pray that psalm & talk to the embryo (weird right). What we do in time of desperation.

Thank God for your testimony. I agree that multiple egg retrievals gives peace of mind. I just wish to implant multiple embryo for twins (if possible) instead of starting over. My doctor has said no! It seems like US doctors follow a textbook manual/script without much deviation to the patient's needs. Four months in and we've only completed genetic testing and waiting on hubby's semen analysis. Testing alone has taken 4 months. I'm currently in counseling for Anemia. Well, they say, whatever is worth doing at all, is worth doing well.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Yinkaolola: 3:16pm On Aug 25, 2023
JadeWilliam:

Preimplantation Genetic Testing for Aneuploidy (PGT-A) is used in conjunction with in-vitro fertilization (IVF) to identify which embryos are the most likely to result in a successtul pregnancy.

One of my embryo was Mosaic & after my pregnancy turned out negative, the IVF Dr advised me to have the mosaic implanted. The chances of miscarrying the mosaic embryo Is higher but it’s almost a normal embryo (from the genetic counseling I got). I declined cos I wanted the Dr to do more egg retrieval before I can just settle.

I can email u more readable resources sent to me about PGT.

I’d appreciate that. I’m not trying to conceive yet, (not married) 🫠 but I’ve been getting involved with anything pregnancy these days and I’m enjoying it.

Kindly send to doyeenfag@gmail.com
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Timitoyo: 3:33pm On Aug 25, 2023
ParisNY:

Thank God for your testimony. I agree that multiple egg retrievals gives peace of mind. I just wish to implant multiple embryo for twins (if possible) instead of starting over. My doctor has said no! It seems like US doctors follow a textbook manual/script without much deviation to the patient's needs. Four months in and we've only completed genetic testing and waiting on hubby's semen analysis. Testing alone has taken 4 months. I'm currently in counseling for Anemia. Well, they say, whatever is worth doing at all, is worth doing well.

Us don't transfer more than 1.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Elohorp(f): 4:56pm On Aug 25, 2023
Ejaisky:
please can you share the name of the clinic you used?
it's in warri,my advice do not go there na baza bonanza

(1) (2) (3) ... (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) ... (423) (Reply)

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.