Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,103 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:01 AM

Religionists Please Keep Off - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religionists Please Keep Off (820 Views)

Atheists Debate Religionists * / Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * / Can you prove that your God is the real God? - A challenge to all religionists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Religionists Please Keep Off by Busybrain2233: 8:06pm On Jun 23, 2023
Please I'm calling on Atheists, Agnostics etc. to please help share their experiences on when they were about getting married, how your wife's/husband's family especially the parents viewed you as an Atheist/Agnostic when intending to marry their daughter/son?

Or did you hid being an Atheist or Agnostic from them?

If you didn't hide it, then how did the marriage ceremony go, if there were any
Re: Religionists Please Keep Off by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:27pm On Jun 24, 2023
I told you in my post but it seems you need to experience it before you believe me.

Busybrain2233:
Are Atheists/Agnostics not having these privileges and line of thoughts you mentioned amongst them selves?

Only RELIGIONISTS reason together without thinking of atheists but atheists and agnostics have nothing to bring them together they only talk about why they left religion apart from that atheists can't see any reason why they should converge either in person or online to reason together! smiley

1 Like

Re: Religionists Please Keep Off by orisa37: 3:48am On Jun 25, 2023
CUNNING MAN DIE CUNNING MAN BURY AM.
Re: Religionists Please Keep Off by Busybrain2233: 7:08pm On Jun 25, 2023
Hmm, so what?🤷

MaxInDHouse:
I told you in my post but it seems you need to experience it before you believe me.

Only RELIGIONISTS reason together without thinking of atheists but atheists and agnostics have nothing to bring them together they only talk about why they left religion apart from that atheists can't see any reason why they should converge either in person or online to reason together! smiley
Re: Religionists Please Keep Off by Busybrain2233: 7:09pm On Jun 25, 2023
SMH grin

orisa37:
CUNNING MAN DIE CUNNING MAN BURY AM.
Re: Religionists Please Keep Off by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:11pm On Jun 25, 2023
Busybrain2233:
Hmm, so what?🤷

I just came to remind you of facts i told you but the thread is for atheists and agnostics so i will take my leave.

Goodbye! smiley
Re: Religionists Please Keep Off by Honchoslim16(m): 1:03am On Jun 26, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

I just came to remind you of facts i told you but the thread is for atheists and agnostics so i will take my leave.

Goodbye! smiley
Y you dey japa??

You for wait make i ask you questions na!!
Re: Religionists Please Keep Off by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:46am On Jun 26, 2023
Busybrain2233:
Please I'm calling on Atheists, Agnostics etc. to please help share their experiences on when they were about getting married, how your wife's/husband's family especially the parents viewed you as an Atheist/Agnostic when intending to marry their daughter/son? Or did you hid being an Atheist or Agnostic from them? If you didn't hide it, then how did the marriage ceremony go, if there were any

Honchoslim16:

Y you dey japa??
You for wait make i ask you questions na!!

If you're normal as in sane upstairs you should know that your brother in atheism purposely wants to rub minds with atheists and not believers so instead of laying ambush just to insult believers why not discuss with your fellow atheist?

Meanwhile i've told him that atheists are totally empty upstairs so they have nothing to share apart from their past experiences in religion and intelligent people always say "only fools continue to dwell in the past"

So Mr Atheist/Agnostic prove me wrong by responding as in contributing meaningfully to the thread because your brother in atheism is feeling lonely! Luke 11:23 wink
Re: Religionists Please Keep Off by Busybrain2233: 7:27am On Jun 26, 2023
Before you dropped your first comment, didn't you read the instructions or you just wanted to talk as a result of you having nothing to do and being lonely

MaxInDHouse:

If you're normal as in sane upstairs you should know that your brother in atheism purposely wants to rub minds with atheists and not believers so instead of laying ambush just to insult believers why not discuss with your fellow atheist?

Meanwhile i've told him that atheists are totally empty upstairs so they have nothing to share apart from their past experiences in religion and intelligent people always say "only fools continue to dwell in the past"

So Mr Atheist/Agnostic prove me wrong by responding as in contributing meaningfully to the thread because your brother in atheism is feeling lonely! Luke 11:23 wink

2 Likes

Re: Religionists Please Keep Off by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:17am On Jun 26, 2023
Busybrain2233:
Before you dropped your first comment, didn't you read the instructions or you just wanted to talk as a result of you having nothing to do and being lonely

I wanted to remind you that when people feel lonely only believers are useful at that moment atheists are useless! smiley
Re: Religionists Please Keep Off by LordReed(m): 8:23am On Jun 26, 2023
Busybrain2233:
Please I'm calling on Atheists, Agnostics etc. to please help share their experiences on when they were about getting married, how your wife's/husband's family especially the parents viewed you as an Atheist/Agnostic when intending to marry their daughter/son?

Or did you hid being an Atheist or Agnostic from them?

If you didn't hide it, then how did the marriage ceremony go, if there were any

I became an atheist after I was married so I can't really speak to that but now that I am an atheist both sides of my family know. My MIL said if she had known I was going to be an atheist she won't have supported the marriage. Oh well too late mummy. LoLz. I think most people have an erroneous perception of who an atheist is. A lot of them think atheists participate in secret societies and the like, which can't be further from the truth. Fun fact: I have a colleague who is a Christian and a Free Mason, he openly wears his Mason ring. I got to talking with him because he learnt I was an atheist and he confirmed that the lodge would not take me because I am an atheist.

I have tried to live as good a life as I can, showing everyone that I am just a man trying to live my life without any mumbo-jumbo.

5 Likes

Re: Religionists Please Keep Off by Maynmann: 8:32am On Jun 26, 2023
LordReed:

I think most people have an erroneous perception of who an atheist is. A lot of them think atheists participate in secret societies and the like, which can't be farther from the truth. I got to talking with him because he learnt I was an atheist and he confirmed that the lodge would not take me because I am an atheist.
At bolded, oh wow really.
Most people think atheists are devil/satan worshippers, but they don’t even know that a satanist is a theist.
And even the concept of satan the antagonist exist only in their various religions, they see us through the lens of their religion lol.

4 Likes

Re: Religionists Please Keep Off by LordReed(m): 8:39am On Jun 26, 2023
Maynmann:

Most people think atheists are devil/satan worshippers, but they don’t even know that a satanist is a theist.
And even the concept of satan the antagonist exist only in their various religions, they see us through the lens of their religion lol.

Yeah really.

Well, not all satanists are theists actually. TST and CoS only use Satan figuratively, not as an actual deity or being they worship. Ritualist satanists are of course theists but you hard find them in the open and they definitely are not atheists, they probably hate atheists as much as other religionists do too.

2 Likes

Re: Religionists Please Keep Off by Maynmann: 8:41am On Jun 26, 2023
LordReed:

Yeah really.

Well, not all satanists are theists actually. TST and CoS only use Satan figuratively, not as an actual deity or being they worship. Ritualist satanists are of course theists but you hard find them in the open and they definitely are not atheists, they probably hate atheists as much as other religionists do too.
That’s true.
I wanted to ask, is theism the belief in gods or worship in gods?
Because i think you can believe in a god and not necessarily worship it.
Re: Religionists Please Keep Off by LordReed(m): 8:42am On Jun 26, 2023
Maynmann:

That’s true.
I wanted to ask, is theism the belief in gods or worship in gods?
Because i think you can believe in a god and not necessarily worship it.

Belief, yeah not all theists worship.

1 Like

Re: Religionists Please Keep Off by Maynmann: 8:42am On Jun 26, 2023
LordReed:

Belief, yeah not all theists worship.
Alright.
Re: Religionists Please Keep Off by Busybrain2233: 8:50am On Jun 26, 2023
Thanks for sharing this.

I'm just curious though, wanna start making plans towards that.

LordReed:

I became an atheist after I was married so I can't really speak to that but now that I am an atheist both sides of my family know. My MIL said if she had known I was going to be an atheist she won't have supported the marriage. Oh well too late mummy. LoLz. I think most people have an erroneous perception of who an atheist is. A lot of them think atheists participate in secret societies and the like, which can't be further from the truth. Fun fact: I have a colleague who is a Christian and a Free Mason, he openly wears his Mason ring. I got to talking with him because he learnt I was an atheist and he confirmed that the lodge would not take me because I am an atheist.

I have tried to live as good a life as I can, showing everyone that I am just a man trying to live my life without any mumbo-jumbo.

@ the emboldened, Yeah, most theist folks don't really know what Atheism is all about.

1 Like

Re: Religionists Please Keep Off by Busybrain2233: 8:58am On Jun 26, 2023
I used to tell my friends that, the more I realized that I was ignorant about a particular concept/concepts the more angry I become when I found out how derailed I was.

Maynmann:

1 Like

Re: Religionists Please Keep Off by LordReed(m): 9:47am On Jun 26, 2023
Busybrain2233:
Thanks for sharing this.

I'm just curious though, wanna start making plans towards that.

@ the emboldened, Yeah, most theist folks don't really know what Atheism is all about.

Congrats in advance!

I guess it would depend on the family you are marrying into, but I am sure it's the rare family in Nigeria that would accept an atheist as an in-law from the get-go. I think the most important person that needs to know is your intended, you guys can then discuss how best to handle it with regards to family. Religious observances are to me mostly unimportant so make accommodations where you need to and put your foot down where you think a line is being crossed.

4 Likes

Re: Religionists Please Keep Off by Busybrain2233: 10:15am On Jun 26, 2023
Well said sir, really appreciate.

LordReed:

Congrats in advance!

I guess it would depend on the family you are marrying into, but I am sure it's the rare family in Nigeria that would accept an atheist as an in-law from the get-go. I think the most important person that needs to know is your intended, you guys can then discuss how best to handle it with regards to family. Religious observances are to me mostly unimportant so make accommodations where you need to and put your foot down where you think a line is being crossed.
Re: Religionists Please Keep Off by Image123(m): 10:35am On Jun 26, 2023
LordReed:

Your MIL probably knows that you are dragging her daughter and grandchildren backwards and possibly into a godless eternity. No sane mother wants that for her children. Life to a christian is MORE THAN being financially established and 'successful' in career.
Your free mason colleague is of course not a christian. You yourself know that you cannot follow Christ and belong to a cult symbol and ritualistic society, even if bishops are in the so called society. Atheists and women are not allowed to be masons also, lol.

Your good life remains a filthy rag, full of lies, pride, self, idolatry and an immoral mind. Well, even the guys that lynched someone for blasphemy are trying to live a good life as they can. Jokers everywhere.
Re: Religionists Please Keep Off by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 10:42am On Jun 26, 2023
Pls ignore the above poster

6 Likes

Re: Religionists Please Keep Off by Honchoslim16(m): 10:50am On Jun 26, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Why did you run away the other time 😂😂

You thought could come on here and say bullshit to me like you do to others.. Huh!? 🤨

Craze don dey your head
Re: Religionists Please Keep Off by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:22pm On Jun 26, 2023
Honchoslim16:

Why did you run away the other time 😂😂
You thought could come on here and say bullshit to me like you do to others.. Huh!? 🤨
Craze don dey your head

Due to shame some of you have finally come not to answer your brother but still looking for ways to engage believers shey?

When will you be healed from this madness torí Ọlọ́run? cheesy
Re: Religionists Please Keep Off by Honchoslim16(m): 2:53pm On Jun 26, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Due to shame some of you have finally come not to answer your brother but still looking for ways to engage believers shey?

When will you be healed from this madness torí Ọlọ́run? cheesy
my bro will continue his own thing......while you and i continue our convo

Hey tell me, was the snake voice feminine or masculine 😅😅😂😂😂

Omo werey 😂 😂

2 Likes

Re: Religionists Please Keep Off by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:23pm On Jun 26, 2023
Honchoslim16:

my bro will continue his own thing.....

"Religionists Please Keep Off" ~ OP

So it's strictly for atheists but as usual you all have nothing to contribute without religionists coming to cool your thirst.
Evidence: it took you guys more than 48 hours before any of you could think of what to say in response to your lonely brother.
What a miserable lifestyle? cheesy
Re: Religionists Please Keep Off by vdestro: 6:13pm On Jun 26, 2023
LordReed:

No one can be comfortable with snake around them.
Re: Religionists Please Keep Off by vdestro: 6:17pm On Jun 26, 2023
LordReed:

Congrats in advance!

Even an atheists will not willingly marry an atheists, not to talk of an atheistic family.
Re: Religionists Please Keep Off by LordReed(m): 6:22pm On Jun 26, 2023
vdestro:

Even an atheists will not willingly marry an atheists, not to talk of an atheistic family.

LoLz! Is your family atheistic?
Re: Religionists Please Keep Off by LordReed(m): 6:23pm On Jun 26, 2023
vdestro:

No one can be comfortable with snake around them.

LoLz. Why e dey pain you na? I am not married to you am I. Bwahahahahahahaha!

1 Like

Re: Religionists Please Keep Off by vdestro: 6:25pm On Jun 26, 2023
LordReed:

LoLz. Why e dey pain you na? I am not married to you am I. Bwahahahahahahaha!

I dey feel am for your wife family.
Re: Religionists Please Keep Off by LordReed(m): 6:32pm On Jun 26, 2023
vdestro:

I dey feel am for your wife family.

LoLz. Go drink panadol na. Bwahahahahaha!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is This Part Of The Bible A Mistake? / The Nation Of Israel Was Founded On Polygamy. / The Secret Of Being Rich

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.