Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,807 members, 7,810,101 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:48 PM

AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 (57572 Views)

Poll: Who Wins This Match?

Nigeria: 81% (147 votes)
Guinea Conakry: 18% (33 votes)
This poll has ended

CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Guinea (0 - 1) On 26th January 2016 / Nigeria Vs DR Congo (0 - 2): Int'l Friendly On 8th October 2015 / Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On 19th November 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by mukina2: 4:02pm On Oct 03, 2011
The National team of Guinea, known as Syli Stars, will be in Nigeria on October 8th 2011, to play against Super Eagles

more details shortly . . . .
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by mukina2: 4:03pm On Oct 03, 2011
The National team of Guinea, known as Syli Stars, will be in Nigeria on October 8th 2011, to play against the Super Eagles in the African Cup of Nations qualifier. The Syli Stars leads their group with three points while the Eagles are second. The Eagles need to win this game resoundingly in order to qualify. I watched the first leg game played in Conakry , Guinea , where the Eagles played badly and lost. I find it important to share some of my observations about the game played by the Eagles in the first leg as well as the depth of character displayed by the Syli Stars on that occasion. Much of these observations and comments are taken from a previous article published on this subject matter after the game. The Eagles showed the following characteristics:

(1) Absence of basic strategic movement of players on the field

(2) Very low mobility

(3) High turn over

(4) No initiative or clue to outwit the opponent

(5) Hesitation to tackle or mark the opponent

(6) Unnecessary display of arrogance on the field.

(7) Inaccurate shooting in front of goal

(cool Lack of pace

(9) Poor passes

(10) No commitment to call to duty on behalf of fatherland.

Unlike our own team, the Syli Stars were the exact opposite of the characterization of the Eagles as outlined above. So, it outclassed and clipped the Eagles wings very badly. I feel bad because the Eagle is a symbol of our nation.

It is significant to point out that the set of players that featured against the Syli Stars in the first leg, are now playing under a new Coaching Crew. There are some signs also that the social psychology of the team has undergone some changes. It is expected that they will play differently to achieve the desired result. The truth however, is that this team, in the last few years has always struggled to qualify for African Cup of Nations Competitions and the World Cup, from the Africa Zone. The Eagles has always played itself in to tight corners, from where it struggles.

This game against Guinea in Nigeria must be used to redeem its image and ensure that our Flag is hoisted at the venues of next year’s African Cup of Nations.

The NFF has the big role of providing logistic support to help the team carry out this assignment. This game is a milestone game, more crucial than the recreational home and away encounters with the Argentine national team. Both the NFF and the Eagles must remember the blow that football gave to our national image and psyche when Ghanaians eliminated our male and female teams from the 10th All Africa Games in Maputo . Did the NFF even bother to investigate or probe these fatal and disgraceful failures of coaches and teams?

Siasia must make the Eagles play a combatant, mobile and compact game. The team needs a high work rate to win against an opposition that has a very clear advantage of three points, leading the group. I wish the opponent is the team pursing us from behind. The former Coach of the Eagles, in the first leg game, confessed that he did not know much about the team but relied on the information given to him by one of his players. It means that the Technical Department also failed in its duty on that occasion because it needed to provide videos of the opponents and other relevant information to the coach. I do hope that this time around, Siasia has had the opportunity to see the Video Clips of the last encounter. Nigeria needs this game, not just marginally, but in a trouncing manner to reach the finals of next year’s African Cup of Nations. It is a defining moment both for the NFF and Samson Siasia as head coach.

May God help us Amen!
http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/football-golf-boxing/21531-super-eagles-second-encounter-with-syli-stars-of-guinea.html
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by moderatorr: 4:38pm On Oct 03, 2011
Prophet T.B. Joshua last sunday prophesied that the match will end 1 - 0 in favour of guinea.

He said the goal will come after a long strugle by the two sides.

'i watched the full match in my dream last night' he said. He made the statement in his church where live cameras are streaming his service to millions of viewers around the world.
'the holy spirit is infallibly
accurate! Any day i make a
mistake in prophesy, it means i
am not talking from God' - snr.
Prophet T.B. Joshua
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by Lilnikee(m): 5:07pm On Oct 03, 2011
Naija all the way!
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by tunyus(m): 5:15pm On Oct 03, 2011
hw come this fall on my Bday, best of luck to the super Eagles then, if they play well,incase they wanna disapoint they are on there own
gone are those days that I dey carry them for head, they re not reliable anymore
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by gwas(m): 5:20pm On Oct 03, 2011
not all his prophesy do come to past.
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by engrj(m): 5:24pm On Oct 03, 2011
smiley
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by gwas(m): 5:27pm On Oct 03, 2011
i hope eagles win, eventhough they have a very poor performance.
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by mukina2: 5:32pm On Oct 03, 2011
The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) have announced that contrary to speculations skipper Joseph Yobo will be available for Saturday’s Nations Cup qualifier at home to Guinea.

The NFF have moved quickly to dismiss a rumour that Yobo will miss the crucial game because of problems with his travel papers.

An official statement said there were insinuations at the weekend that the 31-year-old defender was unwilling to come for the game and therefore claimed to have lost his international passport.

But the statement quoted Yobo as saying he will be available for the game even though he lost his residence permit which allows him to enter and stay at his Turkish base.

“I have my international passport to enter into my country. What happened was that the residence permit got missing in my old passport,” said Yobo.

“All I need is the assistance of the Nigeria Football Federation to contact the Turkish embassy in Nigeria so that work can start on a new residence permit immediately.

“I have already been assured by the NFF that they will promptly get in touch with the embassy of Turkey to explain to them what has happened. The NFF have confidence in the embassy of Turkey to sort out this issue as the Embassy has always been very co-operative.

“I believe that I will be able to get a new residence permit to travel to Turkey after the match against Guinea,” said Yobo.

The Eagles skipper will earn his 83rd international cap against Guinea on Saturday and he is expected to equal the all-time record of 84 caps posted by the late Muda Lawal and Nwankwo Kanu when he leads out the Eagles in a friendly against Ghana on Tuesday in London

Source
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by mukina2: 5:36pm On Oct 03, 2011
Guinea should expect to be bombed Saturday going by the form of Emmanuel Emenike, Brown Ideye, Peter Utaka and Fengor Ogude at their various clubs in Europe at the weekend.

MTNFootball.com weekly roundup of Nigerian performances in top-flight action in Europe showed Eagles stars were firing again ahead of a must-win 2012 Nations Cup qualifier against the Syli Stars in Abuja.

Russia
Emmanuel Emenike cannot stop scoring at his new base as he blasted the opening goal after 23 minutes to inspire his team Spartak Moscow to a 2-2 draw at home with league leaders Zenit Saint Petersburg.

It was his fourth goal of the campaign.

Spartak are fifth on the table with 46 points from 26 matches, seven points behind Zenit.

Denmark
Another Eagle flying high is Peter Utaka, who grabbed a brace for OB Odense in a win over HB Koge.

Utaka hit target in the 27th and 32nd minutes to lift his club to fifth position with 17 points from 11 matches.

The younger Utaka was also voted the man of the match.

“I am happy that I have been scoring goals of late. I am particularly very happy about the brace against HB Koge. They were exciting goals and they have propelled my club higher on the Danish Superliga,” Utaka told MTNFootball.com

“Since I returned from both the Nations Cup qualifying match in Madagascar and the friendly against Argentina, I have scored five goals in six matches for Odense.

“This is the reward of hard work because since I came back from the matches with Nigeria I have doubled my training. I train on my own besides training with the club and I believe if fielded against Guinea on Saturday, I will score a goal. I am really ready for Guinea.

He added: “I am also happy that my other colleagues have been doing very well in their clubs too which put us in a better position to fight for the needed victory that will take us to the 2012 Nations Cup. I am confident we will be in Equatorial Guinea and Gabon.”

Ukraine
Brown Ideye, who posted a good showing against Argentina in a friendly in Bangladesh last month and has been picked for the Guinea game, was also on song for Dynamo Kiev.

The former Ocean Boys star scored in the 65th minute to level scores at 1-1 with Worskla Poltawa.

Dynamo eventually won 2-1 away from home.

They are now second behind leaders Shakhtar Donetsk. Both teams have recorded 30 points apiece after 12 matches.

Norway
Midfielder Fengor Ogude, who shone against Madagascar and Argentina last month, was again on the score sheet for Valerenga in a 4-1 win away at Brann.

The former Warri Wolves ace was on song in the 82nd minute to make it 3-1 for Valerenga.

Ogude’s club are now fourth in the standings with 41 points after 25 matches.

Belgium
Striker Joseph Akpala continued where he stopped in the Europa League on Thursday as he opened scoring for Club Brugge away at Germinal Beerschot in the 72nd minute.

Brugge are now second on the table with 19 points from nine matches.

Akpala, 25, will be a free agent in June, when his contract runs out.

Turkey
Michael Eneramo earned his club Sivasspor a point as they drew 2-2 with Antalyaspor.

It was his second goal of the season.

Netherlands
Ahmed Musa missed a penalty as VVV Venlo slumped to yet another defeat in front of their own fans.

VVV lost 3-1 to table toppers AZ Alkmaar. The Dutch club are second from bottom with three points after eight rounds of matches.

Italy
Young midfielder Joel Obi saw red for the first time in his career as Napoli outclassed Inter 3-0 at the San Siro.

Inter coach Claudio Ranieri questioned the Eagles star’s second booking just before the interval.

Source
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by Nobody: 5:58pm On Oct 03, 2011
moderatorr:

Prophet T.B. Joshua last sunday prophesied that the match will end 1 - 0 in favour of guinea.

'i watched the full match in my dream last night' he said. He made the statement in his church where live cameras are streaming his service to millions of viewers around the world.
this prophesy is wat i cannot take likely!
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by babaowo: 6:14pm On Oct 03, 2011
ho i wish super eagle to qualify, good luck .
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by femi4: 6:20pm On Oct 03, 2011
moderatorr:

He also predicted that Brazil would win the last world cup
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by PurestBoy(m): 7:17pm On Oct 03, 2011
Chicken vs Guinea Fowl, let's see who will win the match, Nigeria 5: Guinea 0, Mikel to score hat-trick, up chelsea
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by moderatorr: 8:15pm On Oct 03, 2011
'the holy spirit is infallibly accurate! Any day i make a mistake in prophesy, it means i am not talking from God' - snr. Prophet T.B. Joshua
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by moderatorr: 8:19pm On Oct 03, 2011
PurestBoy:

Chicken vs Guinea Fowl, let's see who will win the match, Nigeria 5: Guinea 0, Mikel to score hat-trick, up chelsea
u just cracked my ribs!
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by Nobody: 8:39pm On Oct 03, 2011
Eagles underrate Guinea at own peril. The Syli Nationale has quality players that are still playing in or have played in big clubs in the past. The likes of Bobo Balde(ex-Celtic), Yattara, Pascal Fendouino, Bangoura brothers can match our players, having made their marks in France, Scotland, etc.

This team is a watered down version of CIV. Write them off at peril.

I expect Eagles to carry the day though.
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by mikron(m): 8:47pm On Oct 03, 2011
@moderator did he really say that? I mean the prophet of doom. He also predicted brazil were going to win the world cup. LOL
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by azeeza(f): 9:01pm On Oct 03, 2011
Mr T.b joshua,pls go back to sleep and watch the match the match in backward mode cos your prophesy will not come to pass.
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by EKPOI(m): 9:25pm On Oct 03, 2011
they've really got to win that match if they wanna participate in the tournament,
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by mikron(m): 9:37pm On Oct 03, 2011
sentiments apart come sat oct 8 we re beating the syli stars silly in the abuja national stadium. U can take that to the bank. This is no empty boast. Na wetin go happen be that
We ve not lost a match in the abuja national stadium since brazil in 2003 & we intend to maintain our unbeaten run here in abuja. That record will not be broken by guinea. NEVER!
Come match day your's truely will be in the stadium to cheer my belovd team (the super eagles) to victory. Make no mistake about this Abuja is our slaughter ground. UP SE. UP NAIRALAND. UP 9JA
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by mikron(m): 9:53pm On Oct 03, 2011
Feelers from guinea is that they know they ll not come off with a win in abuja so they re praying to get one of the slots reserved 4 the best loosers. I believe our coach sia1 shld capitalize on this and use it to our advantage. Victory is ours
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by Nobody: 10:22pm On Oct 03, 2011
PurestBoy:

the day mikel scores a hattrick, i will do a backflip. grin grin

You never know though
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by itiswell1(m): 6:36am On Oct 04, 2011
I had a dream that Nigeria beat Guinea blue black.
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by bingbagbo(m): 7:09am On Oct 04, 2011
we must watch Pascal feindonou, fode mansare and also invite yakubu, n we shall win!
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by phy: 8:53am On Oct 04, 2011
does anyone know how to get a live stream of nig/guinea match?
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by mikeywise(m): 11:44am On Oct 04, 2011
i am going to be in the stadium live to watch our darling team rip apart the syli stars
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by Funkymallam(m): 5:31pm On Oct 04, 2011
Latest news.
All players already in camp,xcept mikel Obi. First time Eagles will b having an almost full house, barely 24hrs camp opened.
Source @coliudoh on twitter.
Collin Udoh of kickoffnigeria.com
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by Gbenge77(m): 5:58pm On Oct 04, 2011
This is a must win match for the SE.
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by baabaa: 7:20pm On Oct 04, 2011
all i know is that nigeria is picking the ticket for nations cup come saturday,8th october,2011.
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by phy: 9:01pm On Oct 04, 2011
does anyone know a website where one can watch the match?
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by Nobody: 9:44pm On Oct 04, 2011
before the game : super eagles vs syli stars
after the game: super eagles vs silly football players (they will be seeing stars)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Patrice Evra Dresses As A Woman, Dances To Nigerian Song / Chichi Igbo's Outfit To Church Today (photos) / Callum Hudson-Odoi Recovers From Coronavirus Symptoms (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.