Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,538 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

Unable To Re-register On Whatsapp - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Unable To Re-register On Whatsapp (1552 Views)

How To Register On Humanity Nest App / Unable To Make Calls On My Glo Line / Unable To Check Glo Data Balance And Subscribe For Data Since Yesterday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unable To Re-register On Whatsapp by Juditech: 10:48am On Jun 24, 2023
So for the past two weeks, I have been having issues with my WhatsApp account. I recently discovered that this is actually a rare case and it happens on iPhones as well. Here's my own experience:

My WhatsApp business number was banned, so I appealed and it was eventually unbanned. However, since then, whenever I try to re-register, I receive a message saying "You need to use the official WhatsApp for this account."

Don't get me wrong, I have never used "unofficial" whatsapp for my business before. But there is more to this..... keep reading 👇

Just to make sure, I formatted my two Samsung phones to see if the error would go away, but it did not. Despite my dislike for iPhones, I even tried using one to see if it would work, but I still received the same error message. I was shocked, asking myself, "Even an iPhone?" 😮💔

In an attempt to find a solution, I got a new sim card and registered my WhatsApp business using the same business name. However, it got banned again! I appealed once more and was unbanned, but I still received the same message about needing the official WhatsApp.

I have noticed that there is a trending "Official Business Account" (OBA), which needs to be verified through API or something similar. I am now wondering if my business name needs to go through this process before I can use WhatsApp. Maybe only an OBA can allow me to send the bulk messages I was using for my business, which I initially thought got me banned. I checked my business Facebook account and saw that my WhatsApp number was approved, but I deleted everything because I am unsure where this problem is coming from. 😥

At this point, I am not even sure if I should ask if anyone else is experiencing the same issue because there doesn't seem to be a solution online. It feels like a rare case! However, I will still ask: is anyone else facing this problem? I need help because I have a lot of important contacts that I cannot afford to lose, and I cannot start a new WhatsApp business name. It seems that if I use another number for the same business name, I will encounter the same issue. If anyone knows of any potential solutions, please kindly provide them. 🙏

Note: I want to clarify that I have never used an "Unofficial WhatsApp" for my business.

Re: Unable To Re-register On Whatsapp by Adewale1603(m): 11:46am On Jun 24, 2023
There's nothing like unofficial WhatsApp in the first place. You've verification issues.
Re: Unable To Re-register On Whatsapp by Juditech: 12:14pm On Jun 24, 2023
Adewale1603:
There's nothing like unofficial WhatsApp in the first place. You've verification issues.

I am confused. Verification issues from where?
Re: Unable To Re-register On Whatsapp by Adewale1603(m): 12:21pm On Jun 24, 2023
Juditech:

I am confused. Verification issues from where?
from the WhatsApp team. You have to contact them
Re: Unable To Re-register On Whatsapp by Juditech: 12:22pm On Jun 24, 2023
Adewale1603:
from the WhatsApp team. You have to contact them

There is nothing that I have not done. To the extent I have to contact Meta. They even called me on that same line to make sure it's going through. All I get is a random bot reply from WhatsApp.
Re: Unable To Re-register On Whatsapp by Adewale1603(m): 12:31pm On Jun 24, 2023
Juditech:

There is nothing that I have not done. To the extent I have to contact Meta. They even called me on that same line to make sure it's going through. All I get is a random bot reply from WhatsApp.
you'll keep contacting them, they're the ones that can fix the issues. Or you completely change to another phone number entirely and register for another WhatsApp business account, which I don't think you might want to do, due to your former WhatsApp contact and buisness name
Re: Unable To Re-register On Whatsapp by Juditech: 12:34pm On Jun 24, 2023
Adewale1603:
you'll keep contacting them, they're the ones that can fix the issues. Or you completely change to another phone number entirely and register for another WhatsApp business account, which I don't think you might want to do, due to your former WhatsApp contact and buisness name

Honestly the business name is my problem. I can't afford to loose that engagement with the business name. But I will keep contacting them. It baffles me how I get same response. I don't think whatsapp has a human support. It's really crazy. Thanks for your concern
Re: Unable To Re-register On Whatsapp by Deli999: 5:57am On Aug 18, 2023
It's the same thing here. The same bot like response I receive
Re: Unable To Re-register On Whatsapp by Juditech: 2:18pm On Aug 24, 2023
Deli999:
It's the same thing here. The same bot like response I receive

Leave it for 1 month. Don't do anything. They will open it. Mine is working now
Re: Unable To Re-register On Whatsapp by gadgetroniqx(m): 7:09pm On Jan 25
Juditech:

Leave it for 1 month. Don't do anything. They will open it. Mine is working now

How long did your take to be released.. did it take up to 1 month?
Omo cause that 1 month too much

And does trying it everyday affect it?
Re: Unable To Re-register On Whatsapp by Juditech: 1:09pm On Mar 22
I guess it's working now

gadgetroniqx:

How long did your take to be released.. did it take up to 1 month?
Omo cause that 1 month too much

And does trying it everyday affect it?

(1) (Reply)

*how To Configure Opera Mini Mod On Sonyericsson* / Brand New Blackberry Torch 9800 And Bold2 For Cheap Sale! / First Picture Of The Blackberry 10 Curve, Along With The Bb10 "Bold" And "Touch"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.