Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,183 members, 7,829,243 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

Nerc Is Weaponizing Itself Against Nigeria. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nerc Is Weaponizing Itself Against Nigeria. (351 Views)

Kwara Must Change Caution Igbo Traders Over Weaponizing Ethnicity In Business / Iran Condemns Violence, Use Of Force Against Nigeria Protesters / Do Not Pay For Electricity After 2 Weeks – NERC Announces New Regulations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nerc Is Weaponizing Itself Against Nigeria. by orisa37: 4:24pm On Jun 24, 2023
PARTICULARLY KADUNA STATE DISTRIBUTION COMPANIES. PLEASE HOW CAN THEY BRING ELECTRICITY FOR ONLY TWO HOURS IN A PERIOD OF 72 DAYS. AND WHEN YOU GO THERE TO COMPLAIN THEY IGNORE YOU SHIT. THEY SAY THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT IT IS NOT SO WITH KADUNA ELECTRICITY. AND THEY DO NOT KNOW THAT THEY ARE CRIPPLING THE ECONOMY OF KADUNA AND THE COUNTRY.
TINUBU SHETTIMA AND THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT ECONOMIC TEAM , PLEASE CHECK THIS UP.
Re: Nerc Is Weaponizing Itself Against Nigeria. by successmatters(m): 4:29pm On Jun 24, 2023
If it was during Goodluck Jonathan administration, they will blame it on the president,

I wonder what changed? grin
Re: Nerc Is Weaponizing Itself Against Nigeria. by Freelancer1(f): 4:32pm On Jun 24, 2023
Serious Wahala
Re: Nerc Is Weaponizing Itself Against Nigeria. by Ttalk: 4:32pm On Jun 24, 2023
successmatters:
If it was during Goodluck Jonathan administration, they will blame it on the president,

Why can't you address the complaint of the OP without linking it to a past event that belongs to the past? Are you born with negativity?
Re: Nerc Is Weaponizing Itself Against Nigeria. by successmatters(m): 4:38pm On Jun 24, 2023
Ttalk:

Why can't you address the complaint of the OP without linking it to a past event that belongs to the past? Are you born with negativity?

The past? He still has no light since Jonathan left and you can't examine the history?

Oya, go and give him light since you want to sweep your mistakes under the carpets grin
Re: Nerc Is Weaponizing Itself Against Nigeria. by nairalanda1(m): 5:16pm On Jun 24, 2023
successmatters:

In 2013, the power sector became privatized.

I stopped blaming government at that point myself.

The only thing I would blame government for is setting prices for the discos and gencos, and that one, Buhari is even more guilty than GEJ who initiated the prize setting...which has made t difficult for the sector to make profits...and even pay the transmission company of nigeria.
Re: Nerc Is Weaponizing Itself Against Nigeria. by successmatters(m): 5:17pm On Jun 24, 2023
nairalanda1:

In 2013, the power sector became privatized.

I stopped blaming government at that point myself.

The only thing I would blame government for is setting prices for the discos and gencos, and that one, Buhari is even more guilty than GEJ who initiated the prize setting...which has made t difficult for the sector to make profits...and even pay the transmission company of nigeria.

You stopped blaming the president because of where he came from. Be truthful.
Re: Nerc Is Weaponizing Itself Against Nigeria. by nairalanda1(m): 5:25pm On Jun 24, 2023
successmatters:

You stopped blaming the president because of where he came from. Be truthful.

That means I stopped blaming GEJ because he came from Ijaw land?

Hmm, strange reasoning.

Read my comment again. The main problem with the power sector is the price setting for the discos and gencos by the government, which both GEJ and then Buhari initatied, which in essence hobbled the sector...and did not let it raise enough cash to pay for repairs and upgrades.

The Buhari goverment claims to have removed the controls..as at 2022, but I'm not holding my breath.

The point is, government should hot be setting prices for business entities. We have home internet because Obasanjo did not set prices for MTN and Econet, which enabled them to invest more in Nigeria, build our internet and telecoms infrastructure from scratch, and attract other players...and built the internet we love and enjoy.

After all, twenty years ago, if I wanted to browse, I had to go to a cafe. Now, I do it from home.

Oga, not everything is tribe. And if you notice, I still blame Buhari for the half cocked idea of freezing prices for discos for two years running. That so hobbled them that most of them declared force maejure. Way to go.

(1) (Reply)

I Want A Share, President Tinubu Makes Mysterious Revelation About Subsidy / It's 14/07/2023, Many Federal Government Workers Have Not Been Paid June Salary / Nigerians Are Ready To Suffer So Far The President Belong To Their Religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.