Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,065 members, 7,818,180 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:37 AM

5 Records Lionel Messi Set That May Never Be Broken - Pulse Sports - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 5 Records Lionel Messi Set That May Never Be Broken - Pulse Sports (974 Views)

Messi's Set Of Game-worn 2022 FIFA World Cup Jerseys Draws $5.2M Opening Bid / Harrison To Amusan: Records Are Meant To Be Broken. Congrats, You Smashed Mine / Messi Set To Receive His Sixth European Golden Shoe On October 16 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Records Lionel Messi Set That May Never Be Broken - Pulse Sports by ddddon(m): 8:02pm On Jun 24, 2023
There will never be enough superlatives to describe Lionel Messi's career and even as we reach the end of his glittering run, the Argentine maestro continues to break records.

As Lionel Messi turns 36 and prepares for his next adventure far away in the United States, we take a look at 5 absurd records by the Argentine that will likely never be broken.

Most goals in a calendar year - 91
In 2012, Messi broke the longstanding record of 85 goals, scoring 91 for Barcelona. Messi, under Pep Guardiola, reached unfathomable heights in the False 9 role and the goals flowed like water.

Most LaLiga hat-tricks - 36
Scoring one hat-trick is a dream for a striker, let alone 5. Now imagine 36 of those in one lifetime and this is just in the league. Messi scored 36 hat-tricks for Barcelona in Laliga and if he hadn't moved on, surely would have clocked 40.

Most LaLiga goals - 474
This is yet another record that would surely be impossible to break, or at least close to impossible.

Messi scored 474 goals in Spain before moving to PSG and with Karim Benzema gone and LaLiga not boasting any young consistent marksmen, it is impossible to see this record ever being broken.

Most Ballon d'Or wins - 7
Lionel Messi finally won the World Cup and was the tournament's best player, which means in a few months, this number could very well be 8.

Manchester City's Erling Haaland would have something to say about that but the consistency levels required to achieve this feat are almost superhuman.

To dominate a sport to this extent while being in constant competition with the game's other great star in Cristiano Ronaldo speaks volumes. Hard to see this one ever being broken.

5. Most goals for a single club - 672
This is one record that will probably never be broken, at least not in this lifetime. Just for context, Erling Haaland would need 13 seasons scoring 50 goals for Manchester City to even come close.

You can't disagree really, either. 672 goals is simply a remarkable feat, Messi is simply remarkable

Source: Pulse Sports Nigeria

https://www.pulsesports.ng/football/story/5-records-lionel-messi-set-that-may-never-be-broken-2023062416452052721

Re: 5 Records Lionel Messi Set That May Never Be Broken - Pulse Sports by brain54(m): 8:11pm On Jun 24, 2023
Records are made to be broken…

It might take years.

But someone will do it one day!

1 Like

Re: 5 Records Lionel Messi Set That May Never Be Broken - Pulse Sports by Xtboy15(m): 8:12pm On Jun 24, 2023
The real G.O.A.T is messi...

1 Like

Re: 5 Records Lionel Messi Set That May Never Be Broken - Pulse Sports by Peacecore: 8:22pm On Jun 24, 2023
brain54:
Records are made to be broken…

It might take years.

But someone will do it one day!
Those records are eye_watery

1 Like

Re: 5 Records Lionel Messi Set That May Never Be Broken - Pulse Sports by brain54(m): 8:25pm On Jun 24, 2023
Peacecore:
Those records are eye_watery
He set the bar very high…

But it’s doable.

It’s not impossible to break!

3 Likes

Re: 5 Records Lionel Messi Set That May Never Be Broken - Pulse Sports by Peacecore: 8:30pm On Jun 24, 2023
brain54:

He set the bar very high…

But it’s doable.

It’s not impossible to break!
Maybe it can happen sha but it won't be easy and no it soon

1 Like

Re: 5 Records Lionel Messi Set That May Never Be Broken - Pulse Sports by mayor1814: 8:56pm On Jun 24, 2023
Records are meant to be broken BUT u see these Messi records dey will take a very long time maybe another 50 to 100 years before all these records can be broken.

7 ballon dor, 2 best player awards at different world cups, 91 goals in a season etc

Even to me he has the highest numbers of goals going by ratio of matches played to goals scored. CLEARLY THE BEST FOOTBALL PLAYER OF ALL TIME.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Records Lionel Messi Set That May Never Be Broken - Pulse Sports by Madups(m): 12:28pm On Jun 25, 2023
This post just dey make me laugh. You know how many our very own Cristiano `ororo' Ronaldo aka soccer G.O.A.T don set?
Re: 5 Records Lionel Messi Set That May Never Be Broken - Pulse Sports by Wizywiz(m): 11:01pm On Jun 25, 2023
Madups:
This post just dey make me laugh. You know how many our very own Cristiano `ororo' Ronaldo aka soccer G.O.A.T don set?
Taa keep kwayet there... mention the records na...so u think say ur pendu get records pass Igwe Leo.....

1 Like

Re: 5 Records Lionel Messi Set That May Never Be Broken - Pulse Sports by Freshtruth(m): 11:53pm On Jun 25, 2023
Winning Balloon do or in 3 decays till world go end no player born of a woman feel ever break this record
Re: 5 Records Lionel Messi Set That May Never Be Broken - Pulse Sports by Beverlyjean(f): 12:34am On Jun 26, 2023
All 5 records na still barca / la liga

Ronaldos record

Top scorer with 450 goals in 432 games for real Madrid ( la liga)averaging 1 goal per game

17 goals in the UCL in a season real Madrid (UCL)

Scoring in 5 consecutive WC, Portugal/ WC

200 International caps portugal/ International football

Top scorer in the Top 3 European leagues Manchester United English league, Real Madrid la liga , Juventus serie A

Now the difference between Ronaldo and Messi is that Messi only has records for Barca and la liga
.... Ronaldo has records everywhere he played, for clubs and country ...
Re: 5 Records Lionel Messi Set That May Never Be Broken - Pulse Sports by Beverlyjean(f): 12:35am On Jun 26, 2023
Freshtruth:
Winning Balloon do or in 3 decays till world go end no player born of a woman feel ever break this record

As long as humans vote , it can be easily broken as long as favoritism is involved .... the only records I agree with ,are the ones that happened on the pitch and not the ones that happened behind closed doors
Re: 5 Records Lionel Messi Set That May Never Be Broken - Pulse Sports by Chloraseptic: 4:17am On Jun 26, 2023
There was a season Messi scored in 21 consecutive Laliga matches.. I don't think some can ever do that again.

A potential 8 Ballon D'or may also take centuries to topple.
Re: 5 Records Lionel Messi Set That May Never Be Broken - Pulse Sports by Chloraseptic: 4:22am On Jun 26, 2023
Beverlyjean:

Ronaldos record

Top scorer with 450 goals in 432 games for real Madrid ( la liga)averaging 1 goal per game

Top scorer in the Top 3 European leagues Manchester United English league, Real Madrid la liga , Juventus serie A

Now the difference between Ronaldo and Messi is that Messi only has records for Barca and la liga

You and Obembet are males posing as females. Which means both of you have one thing in common "gay".

And both of you probably find Ronaldo fuckable, hence the reason you like him so much.

Your love for Ronaldo is definitely sexual inclined and not on football grounds.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Records Lionel Messi Set That May Never Be Broken - Pulse Sports by Beverlyjean(f): 8:37am On Jun 26, 2023
Chloraseptic:

You and Obembet are males posing as females. Which means both of you have one thing in common "gay".

And both of you probably find Ronaldo fuckable, hence the reason you like him so much.

Your love for Ronaldo is definitely sexual inclined and not on football grounds.

When u guys are countered ...u start to throw tantrums 🤣😂😂🤣...typical Messi minions... ur mindset says it all... u fantasise the dwarfs short D1k in ur ass and mouth

1 Like

Re: 5 Records Lionel Messi Set That May Never Be Broken - Pulse Sports by udeh3(m): 6:30pm On Jun 26, 2023
Beverlyjean:

Ronaldos record

He also broke a record in Saudi... Scoring 14 goals in 19 matches
Re: 5 Records Lionel Messi Set That May Never Be Broken - Pulse Sports by Madups(m): 11:08pm On Jun 26, 2023
I no fit follow pessi fan argue..
Wizywiz:
Taa keep kwayet there... mention the records na...so u think say ur pendu get records pass Igwe Leo.....
Re: 5 Records Lionel Messi Set That May Never Be Broken - Pulse Sports by Wizywiz(m): 8:16am On Jun 27, 2023
Madups:
I no fit follow pessi fan argue..
u no suppose na.. e no go normal if u follow a fan of someone who has won everything in football argue na grin
Re: 5 Records Lionel Messi Set That May Never Be Broken - Pulse Sports by OJEEMAH(m): 9:33am On Jun 27, 2023
Beverlyjean:

Ronaldos record

91goals na La liga record?

50goals in Europe league na record too?

6 European Golden Boot na La liga record?

7 Balon D’or na La liga record?

Scoring in all World Cup stages na La liga record too?

Most World Cup assists na La liga record?

Most World Cup appearances na La liga record?

5goals in a UCL game na La liga record too?

Before Ronaldo ever did 17 in a single UCL season, Messi broke the champions league goal record twice with 12goals in 2011 and 14goals in 2012.

Messi also broke Raul’s champions league record of 71goals before Ronaldo overtook him

Stop sounding like Ronaldo created those records from inception. Messi held some of them before it was broken by Ronaldo….. good achievements by him but nothing new about those records

2 Likes

Re: 5 Records Lionel Messi Set That May Never Be Broken - Pulse Sports by OJEEMAH(m): 9:34am On Jun 27, 2023
udeh3:

He also broke a record in Saudi... Scoring 14 goals in 19 matches
scoring 14 goals in less than half of the matches he played. He scored 5 against one team then hattrick and brace against others. No make am look like he scored in every match
Re: 5 Records Lionel Messi Set That May Never Be Broken - Pulse Sports by udeh3(m): 1:04pm On Jun 27, 2023
OJEEMAH:
scoring 14 goals in less than half of the matches he played. He scored 5 against one team then hattrick and brace against others. No make am look like he scored in every match

You're actually blinded by hatred... I said he scored 14 goals out of 19 matches in the Saudi League...

What's now the analysis for? Or did he not score those goals?

Can you pin point where I said he scored in all the matches he played?

1 Like

Re: 5 Records Lionel Messi Set That May Never Be Broken - Pulse Sports by OJEEMAH(m): 2:28pm On Jun 27, 2023
udeh3:

You're actually blinded by hatred... I said he scored 14 goals out of 19 matches in the Saudi League...

What's now the analysis for? Or did he not score those goals?

Can you pin point where I said he scored in all the matches he played?
14goals in 19games is impressive statistically but what most of you don’t know is, he failed to score in more than 50% of Al Nassr’s games.

He disappeared in key games that could have won them the league, Saudi and kings cup.

He just happen to hit 4, hattrick(3) and braces(2) against small clubs. That’s how he manage to score upto 14.

Haaland scored in about 75% of City’s games not just against Southampton, Leceister, Leeds, crystal palace and Westham.

Nobody is disputing his 14goals in 19games but if most of his 14goals were spread across 14 or 15 out of the 19games he played, they probably would have won the league cos those goals would have atleast secured a win or draw in some games they lost or drew.

If you look at the table carefully, you will understand me better.

1 Like

Re: 5 Records Lionel Messi Set That May Never Be Broken - Pulse Sports by Madups(m): 4:54pm On Jun 27, 2023
Please in what year did he win fifa u 17 world cup? In what year did he win the argentine league? better still in what year did he win the secunda in spain? Remember you said he won everything?
Wizywiz:
u no suppose na.. e no go normal if u follow a fan of someone who has won everything in football argue na grin
Re: 5 Records Lionel Messi Set That May Never Be Broken - Pulse Sports by udeh3(m): 4:59pm On Jun 27, 2023
OJEEMAH:
14goals in 19games is impressive statistically but what most of you don’t know is, he failed to score in more than 50% of Al Nassr’s games.

He disappeared in key games that could have won them the league, Saudi and kings cup.

He just happen to hit 4, hattrick(3) and braces(2) against small clubs. That’s how he manage to score upto 14.

Haaland scored in about 75% of City’s games not just against Southampton, Leceister, Leeds, crystal palace and Westham.

Nobody is disputing his 14goals in 19games but if most of his 14goals were spread across 14 or 15 out of the 19games he played, they probably would have won the league cos those goals would have atleast secured a win or draw in some games they lost or drew.

If you look at the table carefully, you will understand me better.

I talk logically... So, you mean there's small club in the Saudi League playing in the top division? Please, what's your definition of small club?

The stats are there in all leagues CR7 played... He had most in the competitive EPL and Laliga
Re: 5 Records Lionel Messi Set That May Never Be Broken - Pulse Sports by OJEEMAH(m): 5:21pm On Jun 27, 2023
udeh3:

I talk logically... So, you mean there's small club in the Saudi League playing in the top division? Please, what's your definition of small club?

The stats are there in all leagues CR7 played... He had most in the competitive EPL and Laliga
There’s no league that doesn’t have small clubs so stop trying to be smart. Man city is a big club. Can you say the same about Southampton or Bournemouth?

You and I are not talking about EPL and La liga so stop digressing.

You mentioned 14goals in 19 appearances as though he scored in almost all the games he featured. I am just telling you, do not be deceived as those goals were scored in less than 10 out of the 19games cos he did 4,3 and even 2 in some games…….most of the games he didn’t score, they either lost or drew and that’s why some fans began to boo him in games.
Re: 5 Records Lionel Messi Set That May Never Be Broken - Pulse Sports by Wizywiz(m): 5:54pm On Jun 27, 2023
Madups:
Please in what year did he win fifa u 17 world cup? In what year did he win the argentine league? better still in what year did he win the secunda in spain? Remember you said he won everything?
oga he won every tornament he engaged in...no make me laugh..those ones u called did he participate in them....oga English no hard na..he won everything in football there is to win..so long he participated in them on senior level and junior level..... grin
Re: 5 Records Lionel Messi Set That May Never Be Broken - Pulse Sports by udeh3(m): 6:11pm On Jun 27, 2023
OJEEMAH:
There’s no league that doesn’t have small clubs so stop trying to be smart. Man city is a big club. Can you say the same about Southampton or Bournemouth?

You and I are not talking about EPL and La liga so stop digressing.

You mentioned 14goals in 19 appearances as though he scored in almost all the games he featured. I am just telling you, do not be deceived as those goals were scored in less than 10 out of the 19games cos he did 4,3 and even 2 in some games…….most of the games he didn’t score, they either lost or drew and that’s why some fans began to boo him in games.

You have a problem, certainly not with my post. Point out where I stated he scored the 14 goals in every match?

There's no small club in any top-flight as a club. How's Southampton or Bournemouth a small club? What were the parameters to rate a big and small club in the EPL or any other place in the world? The Saudi club played in the semi-final of the World Club cup... Do you know what that means?

Man City wasn't even part of the top-flight club some years ago and today, you include their names. Leicester took the world by surprise by winning the league coming from Relegation... So, what's your definition of 'big team' again when it comes to top-flight football of a Nation?

CR7 simply took his chances as they come...
Please, come to me with logic and facts not with speculations and ignorance
Re: 5 Records Lionel Messi Set That May Never Be Broken - Pulse Sports by OJEEMAH(m): 7:04pm On Jun 27, 2023
udeh3:

You have a problem, certainly not with my post. Point out where I stated he scored the 14 goals in every match?
You presented your comment like he was doing some back to back goal scoring in Saudi. I don’t even have a problem if he did 14 or 20. I was trying to tell you he amassed 14goals in less than 50% of the games he appeared not because he was consistently scoring against all or most of their opponents.
There's no small club in any top-flight as a club. How's Southampton or Bournemouth a small club? What were the parameters to rate a big and small club in the EPL or any other place in the world? The Saudi club played in the semi-final of the World Club cup... Do you know what that means?
Bros, like it or not, there are small clubs and there are big clubs. Apart from finance, achievements and trophies, consistency is one thing that distinguishes smaller and bigger clubs.

Regardless of their position last season, Chelsea remain a top club in England. We cannot say the same for Crystal palace, Bournemouth, Southampton, Nottingham Forest, Brentford and many others.
Man City wasn't even part of the top-flight club some years ago and today, you include their names. Leicester took the world by surprise by winning the league coming from Relegation... So, what's your definition of 'big team' again when it comes to top-flight football of a Nation?
Alot changed about Man city before they joined elite clubs in England/Europe. Arabs took over…… a new manager was hired(Mancini). Good players(Robinho, Tevez, Adebayor, Aguero, Toure, Fernandinho, Silva, Kompany and many others were signed. Then they began to compete and win trophies.

Leceister was a rare case. How often does such thing occur? Have they been about to finish top 4 since then?

A lot defines big clubs (Trophies, finance, quality of players and managers and others)
CR7 simply took his chances as they come...
Please, come to me with logic and facts not with speculations and ignorance
You are just emotional here. Fact and logic shows Getafe, Empoli, spezia, Mainz, Leeds are small clubs when compared Madrid, Barca, Bayern, City, Juventus and even Chelsea

Top flight football does not automatically make all clubs big
Re: 5 Records Lionel Messi Set That May Never Be Broken - Pulse Sports by udeh3(m): 7:50pm On Jun 27, 2023
OJEEMAH:
You presented your comment like he was doing some back to back goal scoring in Saudi. I don’t even have a problem if he did 14 or 20. I was trying to tell you he amassed 14goals in less than 50% of the games he appeared not because he was consistently scoring against all or most of their opponents. Bros, like it or not, there are small clubs and there are big clubs. Apart from finance, achievements and trophies, consistency is one thing that distinguishes smaller and bigger clubs.

Regardless of their position last season, Chelsea remain a top club in England. We cannot say the same for Crystal palace, Bournemouth, Southampton, Nottingham Forest, Brentford and many others. Alot changed about Man city before they joined elite clubs in England/Europe. Arabs took over…… a new manager was hired(Mancini). Good players(Robinho, Tevez, Adebayor, Aguero, Toure, Fernandinho, Silva, Kompany and many others were signed. Then they began to compete and win trophies.

Leceister was a rare case. How often does such thing occur? Have they been about to finish top 4 since then?

A lot defines big clubs (Trophies, finance, quality of players and managers and others) You are just emotional here. Fact and logic shows Getafe, Empoli, spezia, Mainz, Leeds are small clubs when compared Madrid, Barca, Bayern, City, Juventus and even Chelsea

Top flight football does not automatically make all clubs big

And the top clubs you mentioned, CR7 has played in seizable numbers, broked and also set records there!

Just deal with the facts he's good... He scored 14 goals in 19 games in the Saudi League. This feat isn't a surprise, he has done it severally even with Real Madrid. He was just in Utd of recent and was the Utd top scorer. Maybe you should also check the club he scored those goals against

So, whether he scored the 14 goals in one match or several matches, those goals were scored within 19 matches. This is the short story of the legend in Saudi. Period!

Celebrate a hard-working person anywhere you find one, it takes nothing!

1 Like

Re: 5 Records Lionel Messi Set That May Never Be Broken - Pulse Sports by Madups(m): 8:34pm On Jun 27, 2023
Oga he did.. Stop displaying your ignorance in public
Wizywiz:
oga he won every tornament he engaged in...no make me laugh..those ones u called did he participate in them....oga English no hard na..he won everything in football there is to win..so long he participated in them on senior level and junior level..... grin
Re: 5 Records Lionel Messi Set That May Never Be Broken - Pulse Sports by Wizywiz(m): 9:40pm On Jun 27, 2023
Madups:
Oga he did.. Stop displaying your ignorance in public
oga oya prove am.....while doing that show me cr7 world cup ooo..Mr ignoramus.....u wey no get world cup (the biggest prize in football) they follow person we get am argue...
Re: 5 Records Lionel Messi Set That May Never Be Broken - Pulse Sports by Madups(m): 10:08pm On Jun 27, 2023
I said it.. All this pessi fans. I said i dont have strength to argue with messi sorry pessi fans cos they all reason in the same way. So its now about what ronaldo won and no longer if messi actually competed for these titles or not. Ok lemme school you a little.. Did messi play for barcelona reserves or not? And if he did what annual league competion did they feature in around early 2000s?
Wizywiz:
oga oya prove am.....while doing that show me cr7 world cup ooo..Mr ignoramus.....u wey no get world cup (the biggest prize in football) they follow person we get am argue...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Eguavon's Comment: Fair Or Fake? / Oh Sh**: United Just Signed Nani And Anderson / Didier Drogba Set To Quit Chelsea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.