Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,736 members, 7,824,085 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

"What Is The TRUE Meaning Of GOD ?" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "What Is The TRUE Meaning Of GOD ?" (951 Views)

The True Meaning Of Jesus' Baptism / The Meaning Of Chukwu Abiama / Meaning Of Ash Wednesday And Why Anglicans Celebrate It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"What Is The TRUE Meaning Of GOD ?" by MessiahOfAfrica(m): 5:53am On Jun 25, 2023
"What is The TRUE Meaning of GOD ?"

Re: "What Is The TRUE Meaning Of GOD ?" by Muh247: 6:14am On Jun 25, 2023
Supreme being

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "What Is The TRUE Meaning Of GOD ?" by MessiahOfAfrica(m): 6:17am On Jun 25, 2023
MessiahOfAfrica:
"What is The TRUE Meaning of GOD ?"

Christians, Muslims and Traditional Worshippers are Invited To Share Their Knowledge, Wisdom and Understanding of The "Meaning of God."
Re: "What Is The TRUE Meaning Of GOD ?" by MessiahOfAfrica(m): 6:18am On Jun 25, 2023
Muh247:
Supreme being

Is it Possible That We Have Several "Supreme Beings" ?
Re: "What Is The TRUE Meaning Of GOD ?" by Muh247: 6:19am On Jun 25, 2023
MessiahOfAfrica:

Is it Possible That We Have Several "Supreme Beings" ?

Yes Gods have hierarchy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "What Is The TRUE Meaning Of GOD ?" by AntiChristian: 6:27am On Jun 25, 2023
God is one indivisible!
He is the uncreated creator who sustains everything!
He begets not nor is begotten!
And no one is coequal or comparable to Him!

God needs no one to help Him in his Dominion! He is omnipotent and omniscient! He needs no heir or son to inherit him.

He has no partner, wife, consort etc.

1 Like

Re: "What Is The TRUE Meaning Of GOD ?" by MessiahOfAfrica(m): 10:57am On Jun 25, 2023
Muh247:

Yes Gods have hierarchy

This is Revealing.

Can You Expansiate ?

What Kind of Spiritual Religion Do You Actually Subscribe To ?
Re: "What Is The TRUE Meaning Of GOD ?" by MessiahOfAfrica(m): 11:31am On Jun 25, 2023
AntiChristian:
God is one indivisible!
He is the uncreated creator who sustains everything!
He begets not nor is begotten!
And no one is coequal or comparable to Him!

God needs no one to help Him in his Dominion! He is omnipotent and omniscient! He needs no heir or son to inherit him.

He has no partner, wife, consort etc.

If I get you right,

"God is A Man ?"

I ask because I see you use The Pronouns: "He", "Him" to describe "God" in your context.
Re: "What Is The TRUE Meaning Of GOD ?" by AntiChristian: 8:50am On Jun 26, 2023
MessiahOfAfrica:

If I get you right,

"God is A Man ?"

I ask because I see you use The Pronouns: "He", "Him" to describe "God" in your context.

God is not a man! He is whatever He called Himself!

He used those pronouns for Himself and that's what we use for Him!
Re: "What Is The TRUE Meaning Of GOD ?" by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:14am On Jun 26, 2023
The title "GOD" means "SUPREME BEING"

However some supernatural beings also want that title so they began doing wonderful things to entice ignorant humans that's how many Gods sufficed but there is just one GOD who is the Creator of all things!

1 Like

Re: "What Is The TRUE Meaning Of GOD ?" by emonadeco(m): 6:12pm On Jun 26, 2023
God is a title just like Chief having heirachies
The Bible clearly states the One and only true God is the Father who is the God of Gods, the God of our Lord Jesus Christ. The Father is the Highest God who is above all. The Father is the Head God or Almighty

1 Corinthians 8:6 ...'But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; AND one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.'

John 17:1-3 ...'Father ... this is life eternal, that they might know you the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.'

1 Timothy 2:5 ...'For there is one God, AND one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.'

John 20:17
Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

Ephesians 1:3 ...'Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.'

Ephesians 1:17 ...'That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him.'

Revelation 21:22-23 ...'And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty (Father) and the Lamb (Son) are the temple of it. And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.'

James 1:1 ...'James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ.'

2 Peter 1:2 ...'Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God (Father) and of Jesus our Lord.'

The head of Christ is God 1 Cor 11:3

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "What Is The TRUE Meaning Of GOD ?" by MessiahOfAfrica(m): 9:35pm On Jun 26, 2023
AntiChristian:

God is not a man! He is whatever He called Himself!

He used those pronouns for Himself and that's what we use for Him!

If God is Not A Man; Then The Masculine Pronouns Used To Describe God Doesn't Fit.

Don't You Think So?

For Me; I See "God" As The "Ancient of Days" meaning "God" Is "TIME UNLIMITED"

"God" is "Life".

"God" is "Nature".

Finally; The Bible Puts it That "God" is "Love".

God is Spirit. Not Man.

And No Pronouns should be used to describe "God".
Re: "What Is The TRUE Meaning Of GOD ?" by MessiahOfAfrica(m): 9:36pm On Jun 26, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
The title "GOD" means "SUPREME BEING"

However some supernatural beings also want that title so they began doing wonderful things to entice ignorant humans that's how many Gods sufficed but there is just one GOD who is the Creator of all things!

Liked, Shared and Followed.

Is it right to use pronouns to describe "God" ?
Re: "What Is The TRUE Meaning Of GOD ?" by AntiChristian: 10:27pm On Jun 26, 2023
Our God is unseen!
He's neither a spirit nor man!
He created all spirits, angels and man!

We only qualify Him as He qualified Himself! He used the pronouns "He" "We", "Us" and "I" for Himself and so we use them for him!

To Him belongs the most perfect description!

Our God is not the ancient of days!

He never called Himself by such baseless names! His existence is not dependent on days!
MessiahOfAfrica:

If God is Not A Man; Then The Masculine Pronouns Used To Describe God Doesn't Fit.
Don't You Think So?

For Me; I See "God" As The "Ancient of Days" meaning "God" Is "TIME UNLIMITED"

"God" is "Life".

"God" is "Nature".

Finally; The Bible Puts it That "God" is "Love".

God is Spirit. Not Man.

And No Pronouns should be used to describe "God".

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "What Is The TRUE Meaning Of GOD ?" by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:10am On Jun 27, 2023
MessiahOfAfrica:

Liked, Shared and Followed.
Is it right to use pronouns to describe "God" ?

The title was stolen by rebellious spirit sons of God but since the first human couple joined in the rebellion the true God allowed Satan and other rebellious spirit creatures to have their way for thousands of years.
That's why the inhabitants of this earth arrived at many Gods but in reality there is just One God who is the Creator and father of all!
Re: "What Is The TRUE Meaning Of GOD ?" by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:16am On Jun 27, 2023
I believe you will need this:

Before Noah's generation there was nothing like kings people lived as families and each of the families take good care of their own house until powerful supernatural beings materialized bodies for themselves and came down to the earth only to have sex with female humans {Genesis 6:1-2} these aliens were cohorts with Satan (a rebellious spirit son of God)
Satan's target was to rule over the earth so by tricking other spirit sons of God to join him in the rebellion he was planning to take control of the earth.
The angels started committing fornication with young and most beautiful girls rendering hard working young men hopeless that's the beginning of domination on earth.
Children born out of that unnatural mating were notorious giants {Genesis 6:4} forcing people to do what was bad that's why God called Noah to build an Ark so that all those nephilims and disobedient people died along with everything on dry land, but the supernatural beings never died because their existence doesn't depend on natural things so they dropped off their material bodies and left the earth only to return when the waters subsided. That was how many spirit creatures became Gods to be worshiped by humans!
Re: "What Is The TRUE Meaning Of GOD ?" by MessiahOfAfrica(m): 3:50pm On Jun 28, 2023
AntiChristian:
Our God is unseen!
He's neither a spirit nor man!
He created all spirits, angels and man!

We only qualify Him as He qualified Himself! He used the pronouns "He" "We", "Us" and "I" for Himself and so we use them for him!

To Him belongs the most perfect description!

Our God is not the ancient of days!

He never called Himself by such baseless names! His existence is not dependent on days!

Let Me Agree with You That God isn't Spirit Nor Man Like Your First Paragraph Suggests.

However, What I'm still confused about is the Idea That You Still Utilize "Him" and "He" to describe "God" which renders All Your Statements To Still Indirectly Point Out That You Mean "God" Is A "Man".

I hope you get my point ?
Re: "What Is The TRUE Meaning Of GOD ?" by MessiahOfAfrica(m): 3:59pm On Jun 28, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
I believe you will need this:

This is a story to really reminisce on.

I'll follow up with the bible verses to read up deeply.

Ill ask my questions if I have any.
Re: "What Is The TRUE Meaning Of GOD ?" by MessiahOfAfrica(m): 4:09pm On Jun 28, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

The title was stolen by rebellious spirit sons of God but since the first human couple joined in the rebellion the true God allowed Satan and other rebellious spirit creatures to have their way for thousands of years.
That's why the inhabitants of this earth arrived at many Gods but in reality there is just One God who is the Creator and father of all!

Are these Rebellious Sons of God The Same Fallen Angels ?

If they are, Do You also mean that Satan is A Rebellious Son of God ?
Re: "What Is The TRUE Meaning Of GOD ?" by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:10pm On Jun 28, 2023
MessiahOfAfrica:

This is a story to really reminisce on.
I'll follow up with the bible verses to read up deeply. Ill ask my questions if I have any.
You're welcome anytime any day!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "What Is The TRUE Meaning Of GOD ?" by AntiChristian: 7:32am On Jul 02, 2023
MessiahOfAfrica:

Let Me Agree with You That God isn't Spirit Nor Man Like Your First Paragraph Suggests.

However, What I'm still confused about is the Idea That You Still Utilize "Him" and "He" to describe "God" which renders All Your Statements To Still Indirectly Point Out That You Mean "God" Is A "Man".

I hope you get my point ?

I only utilise what He used in describing Himself! I wouldn't have used "Him" or "He" if He hadn't used those pronouns for Himself!

I hope you get my point too!
Re: "What Is The TRUE Meaning Of GOD ?" by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:22am On Jul 02, 2023
MessiahOfAfrica:

Are these Rebellious Sons of God The Same Fallen Angels ?
If they are, Do You also mean that Satan is A Rebellious Son of God?

To both questions the answer is YES!
Re: "What Is The TRUE Meaning Of GOD ?" by MessiahOfAfrica(m): 8:54am On Jul 02, 2023
AntiChristian:

I only utilise what He used in describing Himself! I wouldn't have used "Him" or "He" if He hadn't used those pronouns for Himself!

I get your point.

This should mean that you understand "God wrote the Bible and The Qur'an with Some Other Religious Books by Himself Right ?"
Re: "What Is The TRUE Meaning Of GOD ?" by MessiahOfAfrica(m): 9:06am On Jul 02, 2023
AntiChristian:

In My Own Opinion, I Understand That The BIBLE, Qur'an and Other Religious Books Were Written By Humans Who Ascribed "God" As "He".

Most of These Writers are Men.

Hence;

They Ascribed The Masculine Gender To "God".

In My Opinion,

Man Created The Concept "God" to be able to explain Life As A MYSTERY.

It is Bias and Wrong To Refer To "God" as "HIM" or "HE" while Placing It Totally Wrong For "God" To Be Referred To As "She" or "Her".

God Is Not A Man.

God is LOVE.

God is Good.

And This is The Reason "LOVE Is GOOD".
Re: "What Is The TRUE Meaning Of GOD ?" by MessiahOfAfrica(m): 9:21am On Jul 02, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

To both questions the answer is YES!

So, All of The Sufferings, WARS and Bad Happenings of The World Are Being Blamed Upon Satan Who is The Son of God Who Can Actually Stop Him from All of His Evils ?

Why Does Such A Good God Allow Evil To Continue To Happen Especially To The Good People of The World Who Tries To Help Other Humanity ?
Re: "What Is The TRUE Meaning Of GOD ?" by AntiChristian: 9:28am On Jul 02, 2023
That's your opinion!
MessiahOfAfrica:

In My Own Opinion, I Understand That The BIBLE, Qur'an and Other Religious Books Were Written By Humans Who Ascribed "God" As "He".

Most of These Writers are Men.

Hence;

They Ascribed The Masculine Gender To "God".

In My Opinion,

Man Created The Concept "God" to be able to explain Life As A MYSTERY.

It is Bias and Wrong To Refer To "God" as "HIM" or "HE" while Placing It Totally Wrong For "God" To Be Referred To As "She" or "Her".

God Is Not A Man.

God is LOVE.

God is Good.

And This is The Reason "LOVE Is GOOD".

Unlike other scriptures, the Qur'an is word for word from Allah!

God is not man but "He" uses whatever pleases Him to qualify Himself in the Qur'an
Re: "What Is The TRUE Meaning Of GOD ?" by orisa37: 9:28am On Jul 02, 2023
GRAND ORDER DOMINION.

FROM ORUNTO27 ORISAORUNTOSPEAKS
Re: "What Is The TRUE Meaning Of GOD ?" by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:34am On Jul 02, 2023
MessiahOfAfrica:

So, All of The Sufferings, WARS and Bad Happenings of The World Are Being Blamed Upon Satan Who is The Son of God Who Can Actually Stop Him from All of His Evils ?
Why Does Such A Good God Allow Evil To Continue To Happen Especially To The Good People of The World Who Tries To Help Other Humanity ?
There is a case to settle before God can justify the destruction of Satan, demons and rebellious humans.
Until that case is settled God can't justify the destruction of all evildoers!
Re: "What Is The TRUE Meaning Of GOD ?" by MessiahOfAfrica(m): 9:35am On Jul 02, 2023
AntiChristian:
That's your opinion!

Unlike other scriptures, the Qur'an is word for word from Allah!

God is not man but "He" uses whatever pleases Him to qualify Himself in the Qur'an

Okay. Great.

So, are you educating me that "Allah" really lived The Surface of The Earth?
Re: "What Is The TRUE Meaning Of GOD ?" by MessiahOfAfrica(m): 9:38am On Jul 02, 2023
orisa37:
GRAND ORDER DOMINION.

FROM ORUNTO27 ORISAORUNTOSPEAKS

You are Very Right Here, King.

These are some of The 3 Words that describes The Concept of "God" - Literarily.

Here is another:

G - Gathering

O - Of

D - Disciples.
Re: "What Is The TRUE Meaning Of GOD ?" by MessiahOfAfrica(m): 9:49am On Jul 02, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

There is a case to settle before God can justify the destruction of Satan, demons and rebellious humans.
Until that case is settled God can't justify the destruction of all evildoers!

Please, What Case is this Exactly?
Re: "What Is The TRUE Meaning Of GOD ?" by AntiChristian: 9:53am On Jul 02, 2023
MessiahOfAfrica:

I get your point.

This should mean that you understand "God wrote the Bible and The Qur'an with Some Other Religious Books by Himself Right ?"

I only mentioned the Qur'an, and it was revealed to the Prophet who was unlettered!

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Would You Tell The Pope If He Comes To Nairaland? / Jesus' Transfiguration - On Which Mountian / Somebody Help Me Plsssssssssss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.