Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,216 members, 7,829,358 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:46 AM

Jay Jay Okocha Celebrates Skills At Ronaldinho's Charity Game- Pulse Sports - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Jay Jay Okocha Celebrates Skills At Ronaldinho's Charity Game- Pulse Sports (58678 Views)

Jay-jay Okocha Celebrates His 48th Birthday Today / Daniella Okocha's 21st Birthday: Jay-Jay Okocha Celebrates His Daughter (Photo) / JayJay Okocha Celebrates A-Jay Okocha, His Son's Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jay Jay Okocha Celebrates Skills At Ronaldinho's Charity Game- Pulse Sports by lascos912(m): 2:56pm On Jun 25, 2023
who be this one wey dey roll for ground
Re: Jay Jay Okocha Celebrates Skills At Ronaldinho's Charity Game- Pulse Sports by vickydevoka(m): 3:04pm On Jun 25, 2023
atheistandproud:
The era of the classic central attacking midfield playmaker is over. In those days, only the best wore 10.

1. Ronaldinho 🤗
2. Zinedine Zidane
3. Rui Costa
4. Jay Jay Okocha
5. Diego Maradona
6. Pablo Aimar
7. Michel Platini
8. Dennis Bergkamp
9. Mesut Ozil (eye of the gods)
10. Riquelme
11. Lionel Messi
12. Rivaldo

U put ozil. But I no put xavi n inesta

2 Likes

Re: Jay Jay Okocha Celebrates Skills At Ronaldinho's Charity Game- Pulse Sports by vickydevoka(m): 3:05pm On Jun 25, 2023
atheistandproud:
The era of the classic central attacking midfield playmaker is over. In those days, only the best wore 10.

1. Ronaldinho 🤗
2. Zinedine Zidane
3. Rui Costa
4. Jay Jay Okocha
5. Diego Maradona
6. Pablo Aimar
7. Michel Platini
8. Dennis Bergkamp
9. Mesut Ozil (eye of the gods)
10. Riquelme
11. Lionel Messi
12. Rivaldo

U put ozil. But I no put xavi n inesta
Pirlo is a senior player as well

1 Like

Re: Jay Jay Okocha Celebrates Skills At Ronaldinho's Charity Game- Pulse Sports by Rhado: 3:10pm On Jun 25, 2023
Ok o!
Austineva:
God forb1d, never this life, never another life. Nigeria is nothing but a z000000 and it's irredeemable. We Biafrans don't want Nigeria cos we already have our own Nation, Biafra which will start operation this year.
Re: Jay Jay Okocha Celebrates Skills At Ronaldinho's Charity Game- Pulse Sports by Chidolalar: 3:10pm On Jun 25, 2023
ddddon:
Okocha is proud to remind Ronaldinho and the football world of his skills in the USA.
Ronaldinho's celebrity-studded charity game in Florida came to a wild conclusion as crowd members invaded the pitch in large numbers after the game was called early due to weather.

To organize "The Beautiful Game" at the Exploria Stadium, the 43-year-old Brazil superstar welcomed a variety of footballing faces and celebrity all-stars.

At the MLS team Orlando City's stadium, the game featured Team Ronaldinho (R10) battling Team Roberto Carlos (RC3).

Ronaldinho vs Okocha
Ronaldinho battled Okocha in a show of skills on the pitch, reigniting their glory days before retirement.

Ronaldinho and Okocha were teammates and French Ligue 1 giants Paris Saint-Germain and took to the pitch to entertain the crowd.

Team R10's Jay-Jay Okocha scored the game's first goal after tricking the defense with some of his signature movement and slipping the ball past Rene Higuita of Colombia.

The goal showed that Okocha, a legend of the Super Eagles of Nigeria, still possesses incredible football skills, years after retiring.

Okocha took to his official social media platforms to celebrate his skills in the charity game that went viral.

Along with a video of the skills needed to score was a message on his official Instagram account that said, "Just a little cameo in Olando."

Okocha, now retired, was a pundit during the 2022 FIFA World Cup in Qatar.

Known for his football skills, Okocha is also invited to showcase them in several top-level charity games worldwide.

Okocha is regarded as one of the greatest football exports from the African continent and continues to be an ambassador for the game.

Source: Pulse Sports Nigeria

https://www.pulsesports.ng/sports-gist/story/okocha-celebrates-skills-at-ronaldinhos-charity-game-2023062508171728989
Messi remains d undisputed GOAT in world football
Messi is d only playmaker who has 800+ goals
Messi is d only playmaker who has provided 350+assists
Messi is d only playmaker who has d most and highest completed dribbles in football
Messi is d only playmaker who create d highest chances

Re: Jay Jay Okocha Celebrates Skills At Ronaldinho's Charity Game- Pulse Sports by Gbengarzola555(m): 3:22pm On Jun 25, 2023
Great for him.
Re: Jay Jay Okocha Celebrates Skills At Ronaldinho's Charity Game- Pulse Sports by Chidolalar: 3:24pm On Jun 25, 2023
43Ronin:
okocha, Ronaldinho paved the way for GOATs Messi and Ronaldo.

There is nothing like GOATS in football. There is only one GOAT and dat is d undisputed GOAT called MESSI
How does putting a world champion and a local champion in one sentence match together?
Re: Jay Jay Okocha Celebrates Skills At Ronaldinho's Charity Game- Pulse Sports by Wildkat02: 3:30pm On Jun 25, 2023
ezechi242:
his only sin was being an african.

No! His only sin was not being ambitious. He cared just about entertainment alone. He loved the game, and enjoyed it whether he emerged a victor or not.
Re: Jay Jay Okocha Celebrates Skills At Ronaldinho's Charity Game- Pulse Sports by warlordd(m): 3:51pm On Jun 25, 2023
Chno:
Believe it or not, okocha was so overrated

I'm sure u don't know the meaning of the word "overated" otherwise u wouldn't have used it.

1 Like

Re: Jay Jay Okocha Celebrates Skills At Ronaldinho's Charity Game- Pulse Sports by Reflect7: 4:00pm On Jun 25, 2023
KingAzubuike:

You people keep saying this whereas to be honest okocha style of play no dey get end product. Football is not just about showboating and making a mockery of your opponent with unnecessary skills. You're just entertaining the crowd. If you wan do that one go play street football.
That's what made someone like Ronaldinho different. He dey showboat but at least he get end product. Why do you think no big club came for okocha? Coz they don't need all those pranks and showboating e dey do for field. Weytin they wan use am do ? Are you here to entertain the crowd and viewers watching on TV or you're here to give the club victory.

My friend SHUT UP. You are talking rubbish. Jay Jay had serious end product and showed it even in this game. Go and watch his YouTube clips. He was a big goal scorer and created numerous chances with his range of passing and dribbling.

The so-called big clubs like Barca and Madrid were SCARED of a NIGERIAN coming in and becoming the best player in their team after the massive hyping they gave the likes of Raul, Iniesta and other players.

Wherever and whenever he played, Okocha was always the best player on the pitch.
Re: Jay Jay Okocha Celebrates Skills At Ronaldinho's Charity Game- Pulse Sports by pinkyruledworld(m): 4:02pm On Jun 25, 2023
pquaver:

You compared him to Ronaldinho so i know u meant balon d'or, world best player etc.. Everyone is not an airhead like you? I knowhowto infer and extract information from what i read, that is why i went to school.. If u can't do that sorry, it is not my fault..
lol, you know how to infer and extract imformation abi? Now tell me where I compared him to Ronaldinho. Bros, your education is a waste. I am responsible for what I type but not responsible for the way you interpret it and do get off my mentions. I got better things to attend to not wasting time on someone wo cant understand a simple statement.
Re: Jay Jay Okocha Celebrates Skills At Ronaldinho's Charity Game- Pulse Sports by pinkyruledworld(m): 4:09pm On Jun 25, 2023
okuta007:

Okocha peaked at a time there were exceptionally great players who can not be ignored and they were winning trophies too and he was not winning anything big at his club. His inability to get a good scout to make him play for great clubs like Madrid, Barca or Milan really diminished his prospect of maybe winning a Ballon D'Or. If Okocha played at his peak in a year like 1992/93 where the likes of average players like Pierre Papin won the WPOY then Okocha would have stood a better chance. Same goes for Samuel Eto'o - he peaked at a time Ronaldinho was playing crazy football and like out of this world - in speed, dribbling, precision goal scoring and assists... and immediately came Messi - who did same and he was younger and that ended it for Eto'o - his exploits got eclipsed finally. If Eto'o of 2006-2010 was available in year 2000 - 2004, surely we would have won the Ballon D'Or probably twice. So I really do not see racism here. George Weah was very lucky to have peaked at a time most players looked very average- Roberto Baggio who was the exceptional player at that time was down with injuries, and Romario was not in form - that was why Weah won the Ballon D'Or.

I totally understand you bro. I am not against all you said but what I am saying is if he was SA or european, things would have been much more better for him. He would have had more recognition than what he had.

You mention Weah and Eto, same applies to them. If they were Europeans, dont you think they would have achieved more? Imagine say CR7 or Messi na African.

That is what my post is about, I hope you understand my point naw.

1 Like

Re: Jay Jay Okocha Celebrates Skills At Ronaldinho's Charity Game- Pulse Sports by pinkyruledworld(m): 4:14pm On Jun 25, 2023
Reflect7:

My friend SHUT UP. You are talking rubbish. Jay Jay had serious end product and showed it even in this game. Go and watch his YouTube clips. He was a big goal scorer and created numerous chances with his range of passing and dribbling.

The so-called big clubs like Barca and Madrid were SCARED of a NIGERIAN coming in and becoming the best player in their team after the massive hyping they gave the likes of Raul, Iniesta and other players.

Wherever and whenever he played, Okocha was always the best player on the pitch.

Dont mind him, like say no be this same Nairaland we see image of them crowning someone over Osimhen.

If Osimehn na European, there is a 90% chance they wont do that.

1 Like

Re: Jay Jay Okocha Celebrates Skills At Ronaldinho's Charity Game- Pulse Sports by sprints1: 4:15pm On Jun 25, 2023
Oakenshield:
Okocha and Ronaldinho na them find football and no be football find them
what of R9
Re: Jay Jay Okocha Celebrates Skills At Ronaldinho's Charity Game- Pulse Sports by Reflect7: 4:15pm On Jun 25, 2023
EVERY GAME JAY JAY OKOCHA PLAYED IN, HE WAS ALWAYS THE BEST PLAYER ON THE PITCH, regardless of who was playing.

When Bolton played Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal etc, Jay Jay Okocha outshone everyone.

When Nigeria played Brazil in Abuja in 2003, Jay Jay toyed with them, and Ronaldinho was quiet.

Anytime Ronaldinho is on the pitch with JAY JAY, Ronaldinho looks AVERAGE just like you saw in this video.

In fact, Complex dey catch Ronaldinho when he see JAY JAY for pitch. Because he knows that JAY JAY is the master.
Re: Jay Jay Okocha Celebrates Skills At Ronaldinho's Charity Game- Pulse Sports by Arabk25: 4:35pm On Jun 25, 2023
Skills are interesting but it doesn't add anything to football goals are the main entertainment as far as football is concern.
Re: Jay Jay Okocha Celebrates Skills At Ronaldinho's Charity Game- Pulse Sports by Reflect7: 4:40pm On Jun 25, 2023
Arabk25:
Skills are interesting but it doesn't add anything to football goals are the main entertainment as far as football is concern.

UTTER TRASH. Skills lead to goals like you saw Jay Jay display in this video. Some of you lack basic football intelligence. You just saw the guy dribble and score twice in the video and yet you typed this garbage.

Of course if you saw Messi doing the same thing, you wouldn’t type that trash.

Inferiority complex afflicted people.

Yours is never good enough in your eyes.
Re: Jay Jay Okocha Celebrates Skills At Ronaldinho's Charity Game- Pulse Sports by okuta007: 4:47pm On Jun 25, 2023
pinkyruledworld:

I totally understand you bro. I am not against all you said but what I am saying is if he was SA or european, things would have been much more better for him. He would have had more recognition than what he had.

You mention Weah and Eto, same applies to them. If they were Europeans, dont you think they would have achieved more? Imagine say CR7 or Messi na African.

That is what my post is about, I hope you understand my point naw.

YES i do and thanks for your great insights - figuring out what would have been especially with football matters can be tedious for every soccer enthusiast, including you and I - but i perfectly understand and respect your opinion cool Happy Sunday
Re: Jay Jay Okocha Celebrates Skills At Ronaldinho's Charity Game- Pulse Sports by UrPapa: 5:01pm On Jun 25, 2023
ezechi242:

you sound tribalistic and demented.....and i dont remember asking for your opinion mr igbophobia.
igbophobia grin
Victim mentality as usual
Re: Jay Jay Okocha Celebrates Skills At Ronaldinho's Charity Game- Pulse Sports by JOemmy(m): 5:06pm On Jun 25, 2023
Ageless legend he retired too early.

1 Like

Re: Jay Jay Okocha Celebrates Skills At Ronaldinho's Charity Game- Pulse Sports by Kcos: 5:09pm On Jun 25, 2023
When are our ex super eagles player will organise some spectacular like this?
Where are the old s/eagles players self?
Re: Jay Jay Okocha Celebrates Skills At Ronaldinho's Charity Game- Pulse Sports by KingAzubuike(f): 5:22pm On Jun 25, 2023
Reflect7:

I wanted to reply you but when I saw the part where you said "go and watch his YouTube clips", I chose not to reply you any longer. You shouldn't be arguing with your elder ones that watched jayjay live.
Re: Jay Jay Okocha Celebrates Skills At Ronaldinho's Charity Game- Pulse Sports by KingAzubuike(f): 5:23pm On Jun 25, 2023
Reflect7:

Lol how old are you . You sound like what those primary school kids used to argue on back in the days.
Re: Jay Jay Okocha Celebrates Skills At Ronaldinho's Charity Game- Pulse Sports by ezechi242: 5:30pm On Jun 25, 2023
UrPapa:
igbophobia grin
Victim mentality as usual

Unfortunately you ate the one bahaving like the victim....why being afriad of an Igbo man in every way...even when they careless about you and your unfortunate life and generations.
Re: Jay Jay Okocha Celebrates Skills At Ronaldinho's Charity Game- Pulse Sports by AareGaa: 5:49pm On Jun 25, 2023
ezechi242:
his only sin was being an african.

Una too dey feel inferior for iboland
George Weah, Samuel Eto'o, Kanu, no be black?
Okocha was wasteful in his hey days. It was towards the end of his career that he became serious, but was late.
At a time two of the biggest clubs were fighting over Mikel, a black man .
Okocha is not half as good as Robinho or Neymar, not to talk of Ronaldinho.

1 Like

Re: Jay Jay Okocha Celebrates Skills At Ronaldinho's Charity Game- Pulse Sports by NurseJP(m): 5:58pm On Jun 25, 2023
BayLord01:
Okocha remain the best when it kom to skills and dribble.

And he does that in a mesmerising manner while laughing his soul out 😀😀😀
Re: Jay Jay Okocha Celebrates Skills At Ronaldinho's Charity Game- Pulse Sports by ezechi242: 5:59pm On Jun 25, 2023
AareGaa:

Una too dey feel inferior for iboland
George Weah, Samuel Eto'o, Kanu, no be black?
Okocha was wasteful in his hey days. It was towards the end of his career that he became serious, but was late.
At a time two of the biggest clubs were fighting over Mikel, a black man .
Okocha is not half as good as Robinho or Neymar, not to talk of Ronaldinho.

shut and stop thinking with your yansh ......let the igbo's breath.
Re: Jay Jay Okocha Celebrates Skills At Ronaldinho's Charity Game- Pulse Sports by Streetmovement(m): 6:00pm On Jun 25, 2023
Wotoporiously cool speaking

Agba ballers cool
Re: Jay Jay Okocha Celebrates Skills At Ronaldinho's Charity Game- Pulse Sports by chinonfelix2(m): 6:20pm On Jun 25, 2023
Video or I don't believe you
Re: Jay Jay Okocha Celebrates Skills At Ronaldinho's Charity Game- Pulse Sports by Austineva(m): 6:55pm On Jun 25, 2023
Tommydare:
Haha....how delusional could this cat be?
at d end we will know who is delusional and a cat between me and u. D game is on, I hope u have d might to stop us from exiting d zoo this year
Re: Jay Jay Okocha Celebrates Skills At Ronaldinho's Charity Game- Pulse Sports by mordred44: 7:08pm On Jun 25, 2023
I don't know why he retired early.. ..talent just dey waste
Re: Jay Jay Okocha Celebrates Skills At Ronaldinho's Charity Game- Pulse Sports by NaijaRank: 7:08pm On Jun 25, 2023
Check out Jay Jay Okocha's DAZZLING moves and skills in the 'Team Ronaldinho vs Team Roberto Carlos' match.
Jay Jay still a top baller @50. cool

[url=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMDmpJi8cuo][/url]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Anthony Joshua Taken To Hospital With A Suspected Broken Eye Socket / ISIS Uses Lionel Messi's Image To Threaten Russia 2018 World Cup / Senegal Vs Nigeria: FIFA U-20 World Cup (2 - 1) Full Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.