Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,159 members, 7,811,340 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:42 AM

Significance Of The Day Of Arafat - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Significance Of The Day Of Arafat (4550 Views)

Best Way To Congratulate A Muslim On The Day Of Eid / The Barcode 666 Is Of No Significance / Nigerians And Other Muslims Climb Mount Arafat In Saudi Arabia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Significance Of The Day Of Arafat by habeeboladimeji(m): 10:49am On Jun 26, 2023
The Day of Arafat falls on the 9th day of Dhul hijjah
On this day, it is believed that everyone will be resurrected and gathered on Mount Arafat to be held accountable for their actions. Many people, on the Day of Arafah, will submit themselves to worship and fast to cleanse their souls to receive the ultimate reward of entering Jannah (Paradise). This day is also the very essence of Hajj.
This year Day of Arafah is expected to fall on the 27th of June 2023

What and where is Arafat?

Mount Arafat is a granite hill about 20km southeast of Makkah in the plain of Arafah. It is often called the “Mountain of Mercy,” because it is the hill upon which Prophet Ibrahim (as) was prepared to sacrifice his son Ismail (as) before Allah mercifully substituted a ram for sacrifice in place of the boy.

It is also the place where on this day, Hajj pilgrims pause before moving on to Makkah. They stand before God (wuquf), in contemplative vigil, offering supplications, repenting and atoning for their sins, and listening to the sermons of Islamic scholars. This vigil on Arafah is essential. Otherwise, their Hajj is considered invalid.

Arafat Day is regarded as a day of great gratitude – expressed in the celebration of Eid ul-Adha which follows.

Here are six reasons why you should take advantage and fast on this auspicious day:

1. It is the day when the religion of Islam was perfected.

Allah (SWT) revealed to the Prophet Muhammad (SAW): ”Today, I have perfected for you your religion, completed upon you My blessing and have approved for you Islam as your religion.” (Qur’an 5:3)
Fasting is a way to celebrate this monumental occasion.

2. It is the day when the Prophet (SAW) gave his last sermon.

Prophet Muhammed (SAW) delivered his farewell sermon on Mount Arafah. He reminds us to follow the Qur’an and Sunnah and addressed racism, gender equality and human rights.

Fasting allows us to remember the words of the Prophet (SAW).

3. The day Allah (SWT) releases souls from Hell.

The Prophet (SAW) said: “There is no day in which Allah sets free more souls from the fire of hell than on the day of Arafah.” (Muslim)

Fasting is a way for you to focus on your prayers and seek forgiveness and protection from the Hellfire.

4. It is the essence of Hajj.

The ritual of Hajj would not be complete without the blessed journey to Mount Arafah. The Prophet (SAW) said: “Hajj is Arafah.” (Nasa’i) Repenting on the Day of Arafah is a way of renewing your promise to Allah (SWT) and starting afresh.

Fasting on the Day of Arafah and repenting for your sins defeats Shaytaan, who tempted you to commit past sins.

5. It is when Allah (SWT) descends down from the sky.

For the people who stay in Arafah, Allah (SWT) descends to the sky and says to His angels: “My slaves have come to me, looking rough, from every deep valley hoping for my mercy, so if their sins are equivalent to the amount of sand or the drops of rain or like the foam on the sea I will forgive them. So go forth My slaves! Having forgiveness for what and whom you have interceded for.” (at-Tabarani)

6. It is the greatest day of the Islamic Year.

“Fasting on the day of Arafah expiates the sins from the past and coming year.” (Muslim)

Fasting is one of the most favourable acts of worship for Allah (SWT). Fasting on the Day of Arafah is another chance for you to reflect and gain closeness to Allah (SWT) without any worldly distractions.

We pray that Allah (SWT) allows you to fast on the Day of Arafah so that you can benefit from the blessings of this day. Ameen.

After the Day of Arafah is Eid al-Adha, where animal sacrifices will be made following Eid prayers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hac_LU_yvY&t=39s

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Significance Of The Day Of Arafat by Debangis20(m): 8:00pm On Jun 26, 2023
Ameen. Subhaan-Allah! Alhamdulillah!!

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Significance Of The Day Of Arafat by AntiChristian: 9:38am On Jun 27, 2023
‘Abd-Allah ibn ‘Amr ibn al-‘As (may Allah be pleased with him) narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “The best of du’a is du’a on the day of ‘Arafah, and the best that I and the Prophets before me said is ‘La ilaha ill-Allah wahdahu la sharika lah, lahu’l-mulk wa lahu’l-hamd wa huwa ‘ala kulli shay’in qadir (There is no god but Allah Alone, with no partner or associate; His is the dominion, to Him be praise, and He has power over all things).” (Narrated by al-Tirmidhi (3585)’ classed as hasan by al-Albani in Sahih al-Targhib (1536)

Just keep saying it as much as you like!

Taqabalallahu minna wa minkum!

Don't forget my meet y'all! grin

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Significance Of The Day Of Arafat by D00DS: 9:40am On Jun 27, 2023
Thanks

4 Likes

Re: Significance Of The Day Of Arafat by ANTlSLAAM: 9:41am On Jun 27, 2023
See as this one is laughing
Re: Significance Of The Day Of Arafat by murphybo(m): 9:43am On Jun 27, 2023
May Allah gives us the blessings

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Significance Of The Day Of Arafat by money121(m): 9:48am On Jun 27, 2023
Aliamudulilahi

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Significance Of The Day Of Arafat by thaoriginator: 9:53am On Jun 27, 2023
Subhanallah

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Significance Of The Day Of Arafat by kcnwaigbo: 10:04am On Jun 27, 2023
Allahu Akbar

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Significance Of The Day Of Arafat by Obaofaba: 10:04am On Jun 27, 2023
Alhamdulillah!!!

Masha Allah

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Significance Of The Day Of Arafat by motayoayinde: 10:05am On Jun 27, 2023
BAARAKALLAHU FEEK.

HAPPY CELEBRATIONS TO ALL MUSLIMS.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Significance Of The Day Of Arafat by Sheflex4real(m): 10:18am On Jun 27, 2023
Thank you!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Significance Of The Day Of Arafat by Newnas(m): 10:21am On Jun 27, 2023
Maa shaa Allah.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Significance Of The Day Of Arafat by labake1(f): 10:41am On Jun 27, 2023
May Almighty Allah grant our heart desires and make us experience more

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Significance Of The Day Of Arafat by ibrutex(m): 10:53am On Jun 27, 2023
Pray throughout the day if possible, or resort to isolation after asri prayer in remembrance of Allah and to seek more forgiveness.....

Taqoballah Lahu minka wa minaa

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Significance Of The Day Of Arafat by Bakrabas: 11:16am On Jun 27, 2023
May Allah grant our Dua

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Significance Of The Day Of Arafat by chillychill(f): 12:20pm On Jun 27, 2023
Alhamdullilah may Allah accept our worship as an act of ibaadah,may our prayers be accepted. May we witness more of this day in sound health and rizq.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Significance Of The Day Of Arafat by Microwhy: 1:01pm On Jun 27, 2023
Jazakallahu khair

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Significance Of The Day Of Arafat by ibrahass: 2:27pm On Jun 27, 2023
خزاك الله خير

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Significance Of The Day Of Arafat by Bimpe29: 4:05pm On Jun 27, 2023
Allahumo Aameen

Re: Significance Of The Day Of Arafat by Kunlexity(m): 5:23pm On Jun 27, 2023
Laa 'ilaaha 'illallaahu wahdahu laa shareeka lahu, lahul-mulku wa lahul-hamdu wa Huwa 'alaa kulli shay'in Qadeer

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Aisha / The Virtues Of Reciting Suratul Al-kahf On Friday. / Seeking The Great Night In The Month Of Ramadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.