Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,088 members, 7,818,264 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:26 AM

Tinubu Renames Airports After Buhari, Usman Dan Fodio, Awolowo, Others - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Renames Airports After Buhari, Usman Dan Fodio, Awolowo, Others (52680 Views)

Buhari constitutes Board For Aviation Agencies, Renames Airports - Hours To Go / Usman Dan Fodio: Founder Of The Sokoto Caliphate / Give Us RUGA : Students Of Usman Dan Fodio University Sokoto(UDUS) Stage Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Renames Airports After Buhari, Usman Dan Fodio, Awolowo, Others by AwkaFinest: 6:00pm On Jun 26, 2023
Raf4:

Are you aware that some monuments are named after Zik, King Jaja etc in the SW, especially Lagos and Ibadan?

It wasn't named by FG. But the people of those regions decides to name it that way.
Re: Tinubu Renames Airports After Buhari, Usman Dan Fodio, Awolowo, Others by Versal: 6:00pm On Jun 26, 2023
RaptorX:
Ronald Regan Airport, JFk Airport, George Bush Airport, John Dulles Airport, Hartsfield Jackson Airport, O Hare Airport, Charles De Gaule Airport. I guess all those are black monkeys too dumb ass.

How do those names sound to you?

Patriots
Thinkers
Developers
Lovers of their people
Explorers

Plus its a 1st World country. Your country is fourth 3rd
country. Deal with Basic Amenities issues, first, before airports
that are below animal standard.

Don't let thoughtlessness ruin you.
Re: Tinubu Renames Airports After Buhari, Usman Dan Fodio, Awolowo, Others by 4right: 6:00pm On Jun 26, 2023
I am A Yoruba.
Not in Support of Portharcourt Airport Been named after Awolowo.
This is very insensitive,After the name Up,and the next Morning,it’s been destroyed,the same Government will be complaining about Agitation.
What Happened to the Hero’s from the SS both the dead and the living ( Wike nko APC living Hero lol) lol lol .
Joke Apart if an Airport in Osun named change to Okadigbo won’t go well with the resident there why should PH Airport name changed to Awolowo be tolerated.
Re: Tinubu Renames Airports After Buhari, Usman Dan Fodio, Awolowo, Others by ahaz: 6:00pm On Jun 26, 2023
ImmaculateJOE:
Buhari already did this just before he handed over..

But why renaming Nasarawa Airport after the caliphate..? Nasarawa are 60% Christian state..

Also, does it mean that the people of South South has no Icon that Port Harcourt Airport can be named after..? Awolowo has other National monuments been named after him.. GEJ should have been the one in place of Awolowo..
But Abuja airport was named after Zik and Lagos after Muritala Muhammed, do no issues.
My problem na that dan fodio with Nasarawa it's an insult to the middle belt.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Renames Airports After Buhari, Usman Dan Fodio, Awolowo, Others by naptu2: 6:01pm On Jun 26, 2023
Godmann:

So the South South has no leadership that PH Airport has to be renamed to Awo? Just asking oooh

naptu2:
Nnamdi Azikiwe Road Kaduna, Olu Obasanjo Road Port-Harcourt, Alfred Rewane Way Lagos, Muhammadu Buhari Bridge Anambra-Delta, Yakubu Gowon Stadium Port-Harcourt, etc.

It doesn't have to be in the town or region that the person comes from.

naptu2:

The facility does not need to be in the South-West before it can be named after Awolowo. Usman Dan Fodio is associated with Sokoto, which is in the North-West, but an airport in Nasarawa, which is in the North-Central, was named after him.
Re: Tinubu Renames Airports After Buhari, Usman Dan Fodio, Awolowo, Others by Newton2024: 6:01pm On Jun 26, 2023
plaetton:

Unfortunately so.

It is the typical British Empire playbook for their colonies:
Give the most important jobs to the least qualified people, and then sit and watch everything crumble and fight amongst themselves.
It is senseless to continue blaming Britain many decades after independence. They are human beings like you.
Re: Tinubu Renames Airports After Buhari, Usman Dan Fodio, Awolowo, Others by mohlanforex: 6:07pm On Jun 26, 2023
ImmaculateJOE:

But why renaming Nasarawa Airport after the caliphate..? Nasarawa are 60% Christian state..

Also, does it mean that the people of South South has no Icon that Port Harcourt Airport can be named after..? Awolowo has other National monuments been named after him.. GEJ should have been the one in place of Awolowo..

%60 Christian state is a huge lie, since creations of nasarawa state, Christian has never been elected governor of the state which clearly shows that Muslims are the majority.. IPOB terrorists stop this lie..
Re: Tinubu Renames Airports After Buhari, Usman Dan Fodio, Awolowo, Others by nisai: 6:18pm On Jun 26, 2023
naptu2:

It's not difficult, all you need to do is, when they put the signboard there, go and remove it.
🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Renames Airports After Buhari, Usman Dan Fodio, Awolowo, Others by plaetton: 6:20pm On Jun 26, 2023
Newton2024:
It is senseless to continue blaming Britain many decades after independence. They are human beings like you.

I'm definitely not one those who continue to blame colonialism or the west for the many many failures of the African people.
Almost on daily basis, I debate with people who do that. I believe that destiny of the African people lie squarely in the hands of the African people.

Having said that. It still remains true that the European colonial Template was basically to identify unqualified people, often sociopaths, to occupy very important and sensitive positions in their colonies and former colonies.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Renames Airports After Buhari, Usman Dan Fodio, Awolowo, Others by shinealight(m): 6:44pm On Jun 26, 2023
Brendaniel:

You see the mistake you are still making, so you mean a kidnapper is an extreme case compared to a government official who stole palliatives to feed children in IDP camps?

Na wa o, who measures the cases to extreme and non extreme, before we go too far, the issue was that renaming of airport now has no single benefit to the aviation sector and also to Nigerians.

Among all the problems in the aviation sector presently including the Nigerian air scam tell me what a name change is more important among all the problems in the sector now.

If you can't then it means that both you and Tinubu are simply putting the cart before the horse, what Nigerians need now is not name change, that was how Buhari used 8 years to focus on the most irrelevant things and wasted resources and time of Nigerians.

Please simply tell me what Tinubu has done in the aviation sector since he entered and which problem name change is more important than
among all the problems facing the aviation sector presently for him to feel name change is the first problem to tackle?

Amazing!
Has it occurred to you that the import of the name changes has more to do with remembering and honouring the contributions of the eminent individuals involved than it has on improving the “aviation sector” you keep shouting about?
Some administrations choose to change the name of the currency or even the name of the entire country itself. The perceived effect of such actions are always subjective….I repeat subjective!
When you get there, if ever, decide on what is a priority for you and let’s stop laying ground rules for others please. Wait for your turn!
Re: Tinubu Renames Airports After Buhari, Usman Dan Fodio, Awolowo, Others by Raf4: 6:48pm On Jun 26, 2023
AwkaFinest:

It wasn't named by FG. But the people of those regions decides to name it that way.

So, what's the difference?
Re: Tinubu Renames Airports After Buhari, Usman Dan Fodio, Awolowo, Others by Brendaniel: 7:00pm On Jun 26, 2023
shinealight:

Amazing!
Has it occurred to you that the import of the name changes has more to do with remembering and honouring the contributions of the eminent individuals involved than it has on improving the “aviation sector” you keep shouting about?
Some administrations choose to change the name of the currency or even the name of the entire country itself. The perceived effect of such actions are always subjective….I repeat subjective!
When you get there, if ever, decide on what is a priority for you and let’s stop laying ground rules for others please. Wait for your turn!

I do not need to wait for my turn to demand for good governance, it is my right as a citizen to get good governance and demand for it if I am not getting it, name change should be the least of Tinubu's priority right now in the aviation sector...
Re: Tinubu Renames Airports After Buhari, Usman Dan Fodio, Awolowo, Others by shinealight(m): 7:06pm On Jun 26, 2023
Brendaniel:

I do not need to wait for my turn to demand for good governance, it is my right as a citizen to get good governance and demand for it if I am not getting it, name change should be the least of Tinubu's priority right now in the aviation sector...

In that case, you can keep making noises….your noise is really of little or no consequence.
If you feel up to it, go join some political party and contest ….let’s see what you can do. Mr roadside Noise-maker! grin grin grin
Re: Tinubu Renames Airports After Buhari, Usman Dan Fodio, Awolowo, Others by Terrahawk: 7:13pm On Jun 26, 2023
Major international airport in the north is named after an Easterner, Major airport in the west is name after a Southerner, it's only fair the remaining major airport in the southern region be named after a westerner. Be fair and reasonable.
Re: Tinubu Renames Airports After Buhari, Usman Dan Fodio, Awolowo, Others by Brendaniel: 7:13pm On Jun 26, 2023
shinealight:

In that case, you can keep making noises….your noise is really of little or no consequence.
If you feel up to it, go join some political party and contest ….let’s see what you can do. Mr roadside Noise-maker! grin grin grin

If that's what you think, no problem as long as I'm doing what is right and for the good of Nigeria and Nigerians...
Re: Tinubu Renames Airports After Buhari, Usman Dan Fodio, Awolowo, Others by olumike001(m): 7:15pm On Jun 26, 2023
God1000:
Why Buhari? The man that impoverished us.

Bad and wicked leaders should not be immortalized.

I have no problem with the rest.
Are you sure you don't have problem with the person that named the airport's as well

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Renames Airports After Buhari, Usman Dan Fodio, Awolowo, Others by hollywater: 7:17pm On Jun 26, 2023
TemplarLandry:
Tinubu is an incredible leader with amazing foresight. He'll be the best performing Nigerian President.
I dedicate “To Be A Man (Mega Remix) by Dax to him. Great jam!
Please sit down it's too early to be jumping up and down. How much was exchange rate dollar to naira when Tinubu took office and how much is it today?
Una no dey shame at all?
Re: Tinubu Renames Airports After Buhari, Usman Dan Fodio, Awolowo, Others by Segunandrew24: 7:35pm On Jun 26, 2023
I pray that borno Airport continue to work ooo
Re: Tinubu Renames Airports After Buhari, Usman Dan Fodio, Awolowo, Others by AwkaFinest: 7:37pm On Jun 26, 2023
Raf4:

So, what's the difference?

The difference is FG.
Re: Tinubu Renames Airports After Buhari, Usman Dan Fodio, Awolowo, Others by OgunkeelAllMod: 8:02pm On Jun 26, 2023
Why not just name one in iragbaji after buharii favorite Cow.. useless and useful Aboki assliker idiot undecided
Re: Tinubu Renames Airports After Buhari, Usman Dan Fodio, Awolowo, Others by okuta007: 8:03pm On Jun 26, 2023
ImmaculateJOE:

GEJ the democratic icon of Africa no get airport ? Tinubu is high on his supply again

Abeg Tribunal, when is the verdict - someone is high on his supply again ooooo

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Renames Airports After Buhari, Usman Dan Fodio, Awolowo, Others by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 8:13pm On Jun 26, 2023
Shattuck:
Port Harcourt airport should have been named after a SS indegene, since all the airport in the north and sw were named after prominent men from the region why not the SS too, why always political leaders? Why can other notable Nigerians be immortalized, considering the fact that politicians have taken more from us and they are largely the reason why Nigeria is in a sorry state I find it insensitive that when an a national award is to be given or someone is to be immortalized these set of individuals are always the first, I don't think dan fodio should have been on this list either considering the fact he was a genocidal religious maniac, everywhere in the world historic figures named after racist and slave traders are being pulled down, why immortalized and individual like uthman Dan fodio.
You celebrate your Benin,Oyo empires etc and their rulers which is basically how you invaded and subjugated other people but others should call theirs maniacs. Will you getat from hia!
Re: Tinubu Renames Airports After Buhari, Usman Dan Fodio, Awolowo, Others by chiedozie198100: 8:33pm On Jun 26, 2023
Interesting. 15 airports, 7 named after fulanis.
Re: Tinubu Renames Airports After Buhari, Usman Dan Fodio, Awolowo, Others by gaskiyamagana: 8:55pm On Jun 26, 2023
MetroLane:
I will continue from where Buhari stopped

Na the footstep be dis.........

I trust the agbado people to come out en masse and hail him as if renaming airport will add value to human lives.
Japa through airport add value to Japa people than desert and sea. You hear me.
Re: Tinubu Renames Airports After Buhari, Usman Dan Fodio, Awolowo, Others by LONEWOLFJOHN: 8:56pm On Jun 26, 2023
God1000:
Why Buhari? The man that impoverished us.

Bad and wicked leaders should not be immortalized.

I have no problem with the rest.
I agree with you on this. Buhari is the most useless man in the world
Re: Tinubu Renames Airports After Buhari, Usman Dan Fodio, Awolowo, Others by mediclife1987(m): 8:58pm On Jun 26, 2023
naptu2:

https://www.channelstv.com/2023/06/26/tinubu-renames-airports-after-buhari-usman-dan-fodio-awolowo-others/

A file photo of the Port Harcourt International Airport. (Photo: Facebook/FAAN)

E remain to rename Nigeria from Nai ji ri ya, to Zoo republic.
Re: Tinubu Renames Airports After Buhari, Usman Dan Fodio, Awolowo, Others by lexy2014: 9:10pm On Jun 26, 2023
Newton2024:
They are reforming aviation sector by renaming airports. grin

The least intelligent among us are the ones ruling us. Shame on them.

that is the most shocking part of the article. unsurprisingly, asslickers will hail it as an achievement
Re: Tinubu Renames Airports After Buhari, Usman Dan Fodio, Awolowo, Others by lexy2014: 9:12pm On Jun 26, 2023
olumike001:

Are you sure you don't have problem with the person that named the airport's as well

how do you explain this?

The statement noted that the President renamed the airports “as part of reforms of the Aviation sector”.
Re: Tinubu Renames Airports After Buhari, Usman Dan Fodio, Awolowo, Others by lexy2014: 9:14pm On Jun 26, 2023
funshint:

Nonsense....Port Harcourt was part of old Western region which was headed by Obafemi Awolowo. So renaming the airport after him is still in order. And besides Federal Institutions can be named after anybody.
when was PH part of the old western region?

WEALTHYLADYTIME
Re: Tinubu Renames Airports After Buhari, Usman Dan Fodio, Awolowo, Others by DivineT: 9:33pm On Jun 26, 2023
saintkeppy:

Even Alfred Diete Spiff would have been OK for port Harcourt Airport not Osubi in Warri.

He was one the best performing military Governor of Rivers State.
Osubi airport Osubi

Illiterate, you can’t differentiate a geography location from another
Re: Tinubu Renames Airports After Buhari, Usman Dan Fodio, Awolowo, Others by fyneeagle99: 10:01pm On Jun 26, 2023
ImmaculateJOE:

south south people,good morning.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pat Utomi. Falana, Odiemegkwe, Oyinlola Screened To Be Appointed Ministers / Governor Yahaya Bello's Son With Cerebral Palsy Pictured / Shehu Sani Reacts To His Suspension From APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.