Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,266 members, 7,811,758 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:58 PM

My Friend Got Tired Making Money From Fuel Subsidy, Begged President To Stop It - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Friend Got Tired Making Money From Fuel Subsidy, Begged President To Stop It (59904 Views)

Not A Single Kobo Has Been Saved From Fuel Subsidy Removal - Ajaero / IPMAN Protests Exclusion From Fuel Distribution By NNPCL / We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Friend Got Tired Making Money From Fuel Subsidy, Begged President To Stop It by Ofadaman(m): 6:33am On Jun 27, 2023
Your friend is you! And you is your friend
Re: My Friend Got Tired Making Money From Fuel Subsidy, Begged President To Stop It by andycom(m): 6:40am On Jun 27, 2023
Agbadocassava:
In 8 years time you won’t have any reason to japa again, Tinubu is here to right the wronged…

I laughed very hard at this comment. Your suffering just increased and you're yarning dust
Re: My Friend Got Tired Making Money From Fuel Subsidy, Begged President To Stop It by Pacyrus(m): 6:41am On Jun 27, 2023
Confession time... Calamitous time awaits them all sad
Re: My Friend Got Tired Making Money From Fuel Subsidy, Begged President To Stop It by thaoriginator: 6:44am On Jun 27, 2023
How much dem give papa?
Re: My Friend Got Tired Making Money From Fuel Subsidy, Begged President To Stop It by HellVictorinho6(m): 6:44am On Jun 27, 2023
NastiLord:
It hurt so much to know the kind of evil we do to ourselves in this country. I think we are the most wicked people in this world.
Greed, selfishness, hatred have eaten deep into our souls. See looting!!
stop using we like a lunatic, shey na all of us dey see murni?
Re: My Friend Got Tired Making Money From Fuel Subsidy, Begged President To Stop It by bluecircle470: 6:45am On Jun 27, 2023
Babatunjo:
I am typing this with tears in my eyes.
Nigeria is gone.
I supported Tinubu but the analysis I am hearing recently is very sad.

Subsidy was started to put money in the hands of the big men of those days, subsidy is also being removed now to put more money in the hands of the rich and big men of Nigeria of today.

Such a sad situation for my nation and the masses who are so gullible.

Watch closely and you will see clearly the game called Nigeria.

It's sad.

Gamer the game boy grin continue
Re: My Friend Got Tired Making Money From Fuel Subsidy, Begged President To Stop It by Veedy: 6:47am On Jun 27, 2023
Re: My Friend Got Tired Making Money From Fuel Subsidy, Begged President To Stop It by imbless: 6:50am On Jun 27, 2023
nairalanda1:

So, you want to vote for someone who would have kept subsidy.

Yes, and you would have ended up with Nigeria running out of money completely in the next ten years, with our budget deficit eating up the budget.

Subsidy removal is hellish, but keeping it assures a hellish future.
But when GEJ wanted to remove it, ur Tinubu kicked against it!!
GEJ regime was the best time to remove the subsidy, tell me what APC government policies have achieved since they took over? at least una no dey buy fuel at lesser price than people from other regions, inflation is not hitting only one region, it's going all round, bad governance is like the rain, it pours on good and bad.
Re: My Friend Got Tired Making Money From Fuel Subsidy, Begged President To Stop It by slowice(m): 6:51am On Jun 27, 2023
Nigeria belongs to the elite, every policy of government is designed to favor them only.
We were close this once to having a president that has empathy and cares, a corrupt free man who want to put money in the hands of the poor through various means of empowerment but the same rich twisted the hearts of many via ethnicity and religion and ensured we re back to status quo.

Bro, no one cares about the average Nigerian. The people who stole and hid your indomie during coivd can suddenly be in love with you.
Re: My Friend Got Tired Making Money From Fuel Subsidy, Begged President To Stop It by kenmaro: 6:57am On Jun 27, 2023
Anyone that believes this Isa Yagudu, have just been cajoled. All what he is saying are lies. These are just political strategies employed by the political class to calm the minds of Nigerians on the effect of the subsidy removal making it seem like this is fine. Subsidy removal is more money to be shared by the states. Corruption is not just limited to subsidy cabals, all state governors and politicians are guilty of Corruption. What have they be doing with monthly federal allocation been shared to their states? Bad roads and lack of basic infrastructures everywhere. Allocations are shared and pocketed.

sameoldguy:
There is no subsidy anthers, it is just scam. That money is just free money for them
Re: My Friend Got Tired Making Money From Fuel Subsidy, Begged President To Stop It by Gokoyer0(m): 7:01am On Jun 27, 2023
When we are tired, everyone will go their separate ways. No be by force to stay as one country.

Tinubu should restructure Nigeria or get us a credible referendum for secession.
Babatunjo:
Nigeria is gone.

Subsidy was started to put money in the hands of the big men of those days, subsidy is also being removed now to put more money in the hands of the rich and big men of Nigeria of today.

It's sad.

1 Like

Re: My Friend Got Tired Making Money From Fuel Subsidy, Begged President To Stop It by Phantom233: 7:05am On Jun 27, 2023
oluseyiforjesus:
In a sane country this man will produce dat his friend n both of them will be charged to court, but in Nigeria na yahoo yahoo boys dey dey charge to court if he no settle them.......
Who told you the government is not aware of all the beneficiaries? Infact they're all politicians. It's this same country that saudi arabia gave a list of those fingered in financing of terrorism but till today none has been arrested. E go soon clear una for eyes, keep supporting imposed leaders.
Re: My Friend Got Tired Making Money From Fuel Subsidy, Begged President To Stop It by Hanndye: 7:06am On Jun 27, 2023
How, where and when? Also who?
Re: My Friend Got Tired Making Money From Fuel Subsidy, Begged President To Stop It by LyfeJennings(m): 7:06am On Jun 27, 2023
Before Buhari came to power
AA Rano was just a wealthy man but when Subsidy money touch. Man's got like 4 private Jets
That's for who we know
Do U know how many people made money that we don't even know
Re: My Friend Got Tired Making Money From Fuel Subsidy, Begged President To Stop It by MSesan: 7:07am On Jun 27, 2023
Stop being emotional, remove your tears and type like a sane person. What do you mean by Nigeria is gone? Just because you heard an analysis from someone's opinion now made you jumped into conclusion.

The more you see, the less you know!

Babatunjo:
Nigeria is gone.

It's sad.
Re: My Friend Got Tired Making Money From Fuel Subsidy, Begged President To Stop It by eallstar: 7:14am On Jun 27, 2023
oluseyiforjesus:
In a sane country this man will produce dat his friend n both of them will be charged to court, but in Nigeria na yahoo yahoo boys dey dey charge to court if he no settle them.......
He will not even have the mind to say it in sane country
Re: My Friend Got Tired Making Money From Fuel Subsidy, Begged President To Stop It by 001Lagos: 7:21am On Jun 27, 2023
Nigeria is a country where anything and everything goes
Re: My Friend Got Tired Making Money From Fuel Subsidy, Begged President To Stop It by TOMMYS: 7:22am On Jun 27, 2023
nairalanda1:

No it was not. Subsidy was an ultimately misguided plan to keep fuel prices cheap for the poor. It did not work because it fouled up the profit making ability of the petroleum sector, and messed it up to the point that we lost domestic refining, and ended up with large deficits.

If there was no subsidy or if it had been removed since...we would have had domestic refining, been exporting oil to every country in west africa for profit, and we would have had more and more jobs.

Your problem is you think that business people earn money to put in their pockets. They have tax to pay, staff to pay,etc.

A lot of the profits resulting from the removal of subsidy are going to salaries to pay...ordinary Nigerians like you and me.

If you were running a business, would you sell at a loss, so that you could help the poor?

You won't , so why expect that from the oil sector. ? We lost four refineries, and got years of corruption and mismanagement because of trying to sell cheap fuel to help the poor.

Anyway, whoever you voted, they would still have removed subsidy. If we kept the subsidy, its cost would have been 14 trillion this year. Our budget is 20 trillion. That 14 trillion would have come from our budget...leaving a hole that needs to be filled...by loans.

And as things stand, we cannot take any more loans right now. DMO is shouting that we are all loaned up, and the IMF is looking at us one kind.

Very apt. So can you explain to us why the 3 refinery we have has not work for years despite the fact that monies have been budgeted and disbursed?.
Re: My Friend Got Tired Making Money From Fuel Subsidy, Begged President To Stop It by peacemara54(m): 7:24am On Jun 27, 2023
jchioma:
Life nor balance walai!! Someone is making so much and doesn't even know what to do with it; while some others are scrambling for crumbs that fall from any table. My brother, In this life, try know something or someone ... and make good use of the opportunity very well.

Know God, give your life to Jesus and you will know; Godliness with contentment is great gain, for we brought nothing to the world, and we will take nothing out of it.
Re: My Friend Got Tired Making Money From Fuel Subsidy, Begged President To Stop It by TemmyT002(m): 7:26am On Jun 27, 2023
Babatunjo:
Nigeria is gone.

It's sad.

Check history. Nigeria has always been like that.
It's a game between the elites.
Re: My Friend Got Tired Making Money From Fuel Subsidy, Begged President To Stop It by Matrixoba: 7:27am On Jun 27, 2023
Can your country at least refine its products?
Do we need to import what we can easily produce?
Working refineries=no subsidy, and your leaders know that
nairalanda1:
The way the subsidy scam works, first there is price controls, then there is payment for the resulting lossess...the subsidy.

The thing is, it is in the payment that opportunity for looting and corruption arises.

At the end, subsidies cost a lot of money because the government has to spend a lot of money paying for potential losses. Based on the fear of the losses being too high, a lot of money has to be paid.

That;s where the looting comes in...

Also, the fact is, when one brings in price controls, you in essence foul up the profit motive. People go into business for the sole purpose of making money...not just for their pockets, but to run their business. Subsidy took that away, made the refineries crash because of prices being kept too low, and then forced us to import, which in turn provided lots of opportunites to make money.

All because we all wanted cheap fuel.

The problem is, there is no such thing as cheap fuel.

Countries that used to do price controls all had one thing in common...massive scarcity, and large black markets.
Re: My Friend Got Tired Making Money From Fuel Subsidy, Begged President To Stop It by Brushstrokes20: 7:36am On Jun 27, 2023
# only in the shithole undecided
Re: My Friend Got Tired Making Money From Fuel Subsidy, Begged President To Stop It by Average9jaman: 7:38am On Jun 27, 2023
Agbadocassava:
In 8 years time you won’t have any reason to japa again, Tinubu is here to right the wronged…

My friend shatap ya mouth there ❗❗
Re: My Friend Got Tired Making Money From Fuel Subsidy, Begged President To Stop It by greenandy: 7:38am On Jun 27, 2023
Gokoyer0:
When we are tired, everyone will go their separate ways. No be by force to stay as one country.

Tinubu should restructure Nigeria or get us a credible referendum for secession.
Multiple religious and ethnic mix failed Nigeria. Europe that created Nigeria does not allow multiple ethnic and religious country in Europe because such countries fail at last. The 3 Swiss groups agreed first on a formula.

Since the late 1980s, Europeans have dissolved all the once multi ethnic and religious countries in Europe, like Soviet Union, Yugoslavia, Czechoslovakia, etc.
Europeans have refused Turkey membership of the European Union because of religious differences.

But cheap cash from crude oil makes small minded Nigerian politicians stick to an impossible Nigeria they know can never work. The country has become the poverty capital of the earth.

1 Like

Re: My Friend Got Tired Making Money From Fuel Subsidy, Begged President To Stop It by benqo01(m): 7:39am On Jun 27, 2023
IF I EVER HEAR THESE WORDS AGAIN 'NIGERIA WILL BE GREAT ' I WILL BEAT YOU TO STUPOR LIKE A THIEF.

LIKE SOMEONE SAID NIG IS A BUSINESS VENTURE UNTIL IT CEASED TO BE, THEN WE CAN START MAKE PROGRESS THAT IS IF WE EVEN WANT TO
Re: My Friend Got Tired Making Money From Fuel Subsidy, Begged President To Stop It by greenandy: 7:45am On Jun 27, 2023
Gokoyer0:

Nigeria has dissolved itself. With sharia criminal laws not recognised by the constitution, the 12 northern states drew boundary for their new country.

The easterners have been asking for Biafra.

With Amotekun Force not recognised by the constitution, the SW region drew the boundary of its own new country, including Lagos.
What is now left is when these new countries shall become sovereign.

1 Like

Re: My Friend Got Tired Making Money From Fuel Subsidy, Begged President To Stop It by royalnose: 7:52am On Jun 27, 2023
Babatunjo:
Nigeria is gone.

It's sad.

I appreciate your sincerity, but don't ever think Tinubu would probe them or fight corruption. I know he will try on infrastructure but that he bring them to book forget about that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Oshiomhole Booed And Stoned At Ogun APC Presidential Rally. / Buhari's Interview With CNN Christiane Amanpour (Full Video) / Aisha Buhari' Official Portrait Changed Because Of The Expensive Wrist Watch?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.