Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,906 members, 7,810,489 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:03 AM

What A Man That Earns 100k+ Told Me When I Wanted To Borrow N500 From Him - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What A Man That Earns 100k+ Told Me When I Wanted To Borrow N500 From Him (56327 Views)

I'm Willing To Borrow Someone 300k As Long As You Get Me Legal Assurance / What Happened When I Went For An Interview At Lekki / Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

What A Man That Earns 100k+ Told Me When I Wanted To Borrow N500 From Him by FeelGoodAlways(m): 7:04pm On Jun 26, 2023
Times are definitely not nice to Nigerians. The streets are not smiling. People are not happy. You could see from their sad faces.

I am an undergraduate working as a security guard at night to help myself financially.

So due to fuel situation and the economic effects, I have been trekking to and fro the place, because no money and the transport is very expensive now. Today, I didn't feel very strong to trek back to the place due to malaria seriously holding me down. I approached my neighbor who is earning over 100k+ salary, minus side hustling to help me with transport fare to go to work. Guess what? He started by laughing cheapishly. When he paused, he narrated how he trekked back from work on Friday, trekked to and fro work today being Monday and not sure how he'll get back to office tomorrow morning being Tuesday. That the new transport fare has eaten deeper into his small earning that even before middle of the month, the salary had long gone. Last night, the children drank Garri to go to bed and this morning, the children left to school drinking only Pap and he put only N100 Akara for each in their lunch boxes. Sad story. He added that due to the economic impact of fuel subsidy removal, retrenchment letters for 3 of his colleagues in the office are ready to be served by the end of the month, and more to go.

Who will rescue us, we don't know? Sad truth is that the money that will be generated from this subsidy removal will not be put to use to the benefit of the commoners. It's just a plot to generate more money for the elites/thieves.

Could you believe that nobody could borrow me N500 in the whole compound? Incredible.

Well, even when I wasn't feeling strong to trek coupled with all I'm passing through financially, I just had to trek which I did.

I picked up this job because instead of sleeping freely at night and when the rent expires, the landlord would come after me + plus all the bills heaped on me, I could rather spend the nights here reading my books, sleep (even though not as recommended) and still earn some money no matter how small.

Finally, I would say do well to help people when you can. People are going through a lot. Not untill the start falling in the street.

*In mama P. voice* - "God will see us through".

God bless all hard working Nigerians no matter the tough times we face.

645 Likes 71 Shares

Re: What A Man That Earns 100k+ Told Me When I Wanted To Borrow N500 From Him by Prechgold1180(m): 7:12pm On Jun 26, 2023
Smile

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What A Man That Earns 100k+ Told Me When I Wanted To Borrow N500 From Him by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 7:18pm On Jun 26, 2023
This country has been retrogressing under APC

Nigerians can no longer afford basic things of life they could conveniently afford in 2014.

Nigerians wake up and take back your country.

390 Likes 37 Shares

Re: What A Man That Earns 100k+ Told Me When I Wanted To Borrow N500 From Him by Garrieveryday: 7:27pm On Jun 26, 2023
APC - top to bottom.

You are an enemy of the country if you chose APC to continue in power after what we went through the hands of Buhari

342 Likes 24 Shares

Re: What A Man That Earns 100k+ Told Me When I Wanted To Borrow N500 From Him by garriAndsugar: 7:29pm On Jun 26, 2023
Sometimes i begin to wonder if we were born to suffer in this Nigeria.
the poor are getting poorer everybody before you know they will vanish from extreme poverty while some people are getting richer on tax payers money.

192 Likes 16 Shares

Re: What A Man That Earns 100k+ Told Me When I Wanted To Borrow N500 From Him by Zonefree(m): 7:34pm On Jun 26, 2023
I'm against this nonsense removal of subsidy cos the funds generated from it would still be looted and embezzled by our greedy politicians.

Everybody don park car for my compound. Nobody dey gree drive go work again. By 11pm everybody don OFF gen for compound.

300 Likes 14 Shares

Re: What A Man That Earns 100k+ Told Me When I Wanted To Borrow N500 From Him by Namaster: 8:16pm On Jun 26, 2023
It's madness that anyone will support the removal of fuel subsidy. It may be a good idea in other countries but this is Nigeria.

The people will suffer the consequences of the removal and enjoy none of the benefits. I spent more than 40K travelling to the east in the past 4 weeks.

129 Likes 8 Shares

Re: What A Man That Earns 100k+ Told Me When I Wanted To Borrow N500 From Him by BeStroNG(m): 8:32pm On Jun 26, 2023
The day we begin to act devoid of tribe or religion is the day we'll begin to have things right. Till then, let's continue to play tribalism and religion. How can someone remove subsidy just like that without even putting any palliative on ground.

280 Likes 22 Shares

Re: What A Man That Earns 100k+ Told Me When I Wanted To Borrow N500 From Him by Rexymania(m): 8:42pm On Jun 26, 2023
Nothing to add, you've said it all.

But I heard APC members are not trekking 😆

260 Likes 18 Shares

Re: What A Man That Earns 100k+ Told Me When I Wanted To Borrow N500 From Him by MMempire(m): 8:52pm On Jun 26, 2023
E no easy for even Ezekiel.

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What A Man That Earns 100k+ Told Me When I Wanted To Borrow N500 From Him by Samfloxin(m): 8:57pm On Jun 26, 2023
Everybody go chop the breakfast last last. I know APC supporters are feeling the heat more

95 Likes 10 Shares

Re: What A Man That Earns 100k+ Told Me When I Wanted To Borrow N500 From Him by DevilsEqual(m): 8:58pm On Jun 26, 2023
VeeVeeMyLuv:

Nigerians can no longer afford basic things of life they could conveniently afford in 2014.

When u give unrelated responses like this, it makes people question your creativity and ability to think outside the box

Even if we voted in Julius ceasar,he'd not have turned things around overnight

36 Likes 10 Shares

Re: What A Man That Earns 100k+ Told Me When I Wanted To Borrow N500 From Him by Gilgil: 8:59pm On Jun 26, 2023
Its actually Tough Bottom 😇

Garrieveryday:
APC - top to bottom.

You are an enemy of the country if you chose APC to continue in power after what we went through the hands of Buhari

8 Likes

Re: What A Man That Earns 100k+ Told Me When I Wanted To Borrow N500 From Him by Offpointng: 9:14pm On Jun 26, 2023
Zonefree:
By 11pm everybody don OFF gen for compound.

Aswear Guy. Even myself now na 8-10,11 thinx

12 Likes

Re: What A Man That Earns 100k+ Told Me When I Wanted To Borrow N500 From Him by youngrichnigga: 9:19pm On Jun 26, 2023
I feel your pain bro! God will see us (ala Mama Peace). The real issues with the subsidy removal is how they suddenly arrived at the current price because they said the subsidy being paid on PMS was about N202 as recently as a February report. Now we are being made to pay N500 for a liter as against approximately N390 if we add this to the former pump price of N188, please who's fooling who Our labor leaders have become worse than useless undecided undecided undecided undecided

95 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What A Man That Earns 100k+ Told Me When I Wanted To Borrow N500 From Him by HeDied: 9:39pm On Jun 26, 2023
youngrichnigga:
I feel your pain bro! God will see us (ala Mama Peace). The real issues with the subsidy removal is how they suddenly arrived at the current price because they said the subsidy being paid on PMS was about N202 as recently as a February report. Now we are being made to pay N500 for a liter as against approximately N390 if we add this to the former pump price of N188, please who's fooling who Our labor leaders have become worse than useless undecided undecided undecided undecided

As in eh, see the nonsense called Labour union. That nonsense should better be scrapped.

44 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What A Man That Earns 100k+ Told Me When I Wanted To Borrow N500 From Him by NotAMan: 9:44pm On Jun 26, 2023
Having survived Buhari torment, Nigerians are supposed to be given some reliefs but here we have more torments put on us.

20 Likes

Re: What A Man That Earns 100k+ Told Me When I Wanted To Borrow N500 From Him by PROPEACE: 9:54pm On Jun 26, 2023
Toh, me I said it many times, but everyone seemed to be hailing Tilumbu. Money will be realised from subsidy removal, no doubt, many contracts will be awarded at ridiculously high rates, all the gains from subsidy removal will end up in the pockets of theiving politicians, rogue contractors and corrupt civil servants. These trio will still feed fat as usual, but under Tilumbu, the masses will pay for the expensive lifestyle of these rogues with their sweat.

95 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What A Man That Earns 100k+ Told Me When I Wanted To Borrow N500 From Him by IketownNigeria: 9:59pm On Jun 26, 2023
Don’t pity them o, election time you’ll see them in the streets fighting for their oppressors

121 Likes 16 Shares

Re: What A Man That Earns 100k+ Told Me When I Wanted To Borrow N500 From Him by FeelGoodAlways(m): 10:11pm On Jun 26, 2023
PROPEACE:
Toh, me I said it many times, but everyone seemed to be hailing Tilumbu. Money will be realised from subsidy removal, no doubt, many contracts will be awarded at ridiculously high rates, all the gains from subsidy removal will end up in the pockets of thriving politicians, rogue contractors and corrupt civil servants. These trio, will still feed fat as usual, but this time, under Tilumbu, the masses will pay for it with their sweat.

Exactly. The whole thing is like collecting the small the masses had and still add to the much the politicians have.

26 Likes

Re: What A Man That Earns 100k+ Told Me When I Wanted To Borrow N500 From Him by obonujoker(m): 10:21pm On Jun 26, 2023
Lol....

Sha pay my house rent and your children school fees be my own...😬

6 Likes

Re: What A Man That Earns 100k+ Told Me When I Wanted To Borrow N500 From Him by Tombrown3(m): 10:40pm On Jun 26, 2023
I was shouting it here, as long as it's Tinubu, the money realized from the subsidy will not be put to good use.

Imagine what 400 billion naira monthly could do.
Now multiply that by 12 months.

That's trillions of naira that will go into 8 group of people's pocket.

If that money is channel into power alone, Nigeria wil be sweeming in electricity in all corners of it.

Is it road? Salaries? Just imagine what that money will do.

But it will never happen, keeping in your perpetual poverty and extreme hunger is deliberate. Sometimes I wish we could suffer so much that people start commiting suicide on a daily. But Nigerians are the most reziliant people on earth. We can be suffering and smiling.

APC will still win 2027. Just pray to be alive and see that day.

67 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What A Man That Earns 100k+ Told Me When I Wanted To Borrow N500 From Him by FeelGoodAlways(m): 11:16pm On Jun 26, 2023
How can you come into office and just put more suffering on Nigeriand without recourse?

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What A Man That Earns 100k+ Told Me When I Wanted To Borrow N500 From Him by Haymus007(m): 3:28am On Jun 27, 2023
MMempire:
E no easy for even Ezekiel.
Everybody must collect cheesy

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: What A Man That Earns 100k+ Told Me When I Wanted To Borrow N500 From Him by Calabar1stSon: 5:23am On Jun 27, 2023
Una complain no consign me... I don japa to Ekiti.

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What A Man That Earns 100k+ Told Me When I Wanted To Borrow N500 From Him by LikeAking: 5:27am On Jun 27, 2023
FeelGoodAlways:
Times are definitely not nice to Nigerians. The streets are not smiling. People are not happy. You could see from their sad faces.

I am an undergraduate working as a security guard at night to help myself financially.

So due to fuel situation and the economic effects, I have been trekking to and fro the place, because no money and the transport is very expensive now. Today, I didn't feel very strong to trek back to the place due to malaria seriously holding me down. I approached my neighbor who is earning over 100k+ salary, minus side hustling to help me with transport fare to go to work. Guess what? He started by laughing cheapishly. When he paused, he narrated how he trekked back from work on Friday, trekked to and fro work today being Monday and not sure how he'll get back to office tomorrow morning being Tuesday. That the new transport fare has eaten deeper into his small earning that even before middle of the month, the salary had long gone. Last night, the children drank Garri to go to bed and this morning, the children left to school drinking only Pap and he put only N100 Akara for each in their lunch boxes. Sad story. He added that due to the economic impact of fuel subsidy removal, retrenchment letters for 3 of his colleagues in the office are ready to be served by the end of the month, and more to go.

Who will rescue us, we don't know? Sad truth is that the money that will be generated from this subsidy removal will not be put to use to the benefit of the commoners. It's just a plot to generate more money for the elites/thieves.

Could you believe that nobody could borrow me N500 in the whole compound? Incredible.

Well, even when I wasn't feeling strong to trek coupled with all I'm passing through financially, I just had to trek which I did.

I picked up this job because instead of sleeping freely at night and when the rent expires, the landlord would come after me + plus all the bills heaped on me, I could rather spend the nights here reading my books, sleep (even though not as recommended) and still earn some money no matter how small.

Finally, I would say do well to help people when you can. People are going through a lot. Not untill the start falling in the street.

*In mama P. voice* - "God will see us through".

God bless all hard working Nigerians no matter the tough times we face.

The guy stingy.

2 Likes

Re: What A Man That Earns 100k+ Told Me When I Wanted To Borrow N500 From Him by YourMrBoo: 5:34am On Jun 27, 2023
You are an ipob if you're against fuel subsidy....

Wetyn concern me... Let us suffer

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What A Man That Earns 100k+ Told Me When I Wanted To Borrow N500 From Him by iHateFraudsters: 5:46am On Jun 27, 2023
VeeVeeMyLuv:

Wake up?

No be the same people vote tinubu?

We deserve what we get till we're ready to really wake up.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What A Man That Earns 100k+ Told Me When I Wanted To Borrow N500 From Him by AskProf: 5:57am On Jun 27, 2023
YourMrBoo:
You are an ipob if you're against fuel subsidy....

Wetyn concern me... Let us suffer

Hmmm!

2 Likes

Re: What A Man That Earns 100k+ Told Me When I Wanted To Borrow N500 From Him by Samakus(m): 6:45am On Jun 27, 2023
Hope he isn't supporting the same party that impoverished him due to tribalism...

Cos that their prayer of "this subsidy removal will favour me and my family " is obviously not working

All of us go get sense by fire by force

30 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination / The N-power Teacher Corps Programme: Must Know Fact / What Exactly Is The Salary Of A Graduate In NIMC?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.