Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,220 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:47 AM

What Happened When I Went For An Interview At Lekki - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Happened When I Went For An Interview At Lekki (36091 Views)

Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert / Check Out What A Guy Wore To An Interview / Lady Reveals She Slept With A Manager During An Interview And Got The Job! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Happened When I Went For An Interview At Lekki by sorosoke101: 5:09pm On Mar 30, 2022
So I was billed for an interview today by 12pm at an event center on admiralty way lekki, on getting to the venue the security guard told me there was no such interview on there schedule .

I tried calling the Hr personnel I sent my C.V to and her number was switched off.

The funniest part was that I wasn't the only one at the venue I met 9 other people.

So they started calling the Hr personnel to no avail and we all went back home looking sad.

In fact I came all the way from festac and spent 1800 for Tp. "Me wey broke like broken plate"
So my brothers and sisters you can imagine the disappointment.

Anyways am still in the job hunt in case there is any job opening just holla at your boy BABSODIQ007@GMAIL.COM trust me I can do any legal work because I am versatile though I hard a 3rd class degree in microbiology

255 Likes 16 Shares

Re: What Happened When I Went For An Interview At Lekki by Nehyooh(m): 5:27pm On Mar 30, 2022
That's so pathetic, your own job is coming by God's grace.

240 Likes 11 Shares

Re: What Happened When I Went For An Interview At Lekki by sorosoke101: 5:46pm On Mar 30, 2022
Amen ooh I claim it

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Happened When I Went For An Interview At Lekki by arthurwillia(m): 8:56pm On Mar 30, 2022
Mehn sorry brother
Keep pushing
Meanwhile learn something also na

4 Likes

Re: What Happened When I Went For An Interview At Lekki by Benwallt(m): 9:18pm On Mar 30, 2022
sorosoke101:
So I was billed for an interview today by 12pm at an event center on admiralty way lekki, on getting to the venue the security guard to me there was no such interview on there schedule I tried calling the Hr personnel I sent my C.V to and her number was switched off. The funniest part was that I wasn't the only one at the venue I met 9 other people. So they started calling the Hr personnel to no avail and we all went back home looking sad. In fact I came all the way from festac and spent 1800 for Tp. "Me wey broke like broken plate"
Anyways am still in the job hunt in case there is any job opening just holla at your boy BABSODIQ007@GMAIL.COM trust me I can do any legal work because I am versatile though I hard a 3rd class degree in microbiology
Nothing do you. Keep pushing

7 Likes

Re: What Happened When I Went For An Interview At Lekki by Nobody: 9:54pm On Mar 30, 2022
Just Festac to Lekki?
I once flew from Lagos to Abuja for an interview, only to be informed on getting there that they have decided to postpone it, and were sorry they should have informed us earlier. A management position for that matter.
It's actually a sign that the company's executives are not professional, and workplace could even be toxic. The job is certainly insecure.
Except you are desperate for a job now, I wouldn't advice you to go back even if they call back.

214 Likes 15 Shares

Re: What Happened When I Went For An Interview At Lekki by drealcivilceno(m): 10:16pm On Mar 30, 2022
crows2ravens:
Just Festac to Lekki?
I once flew from Lagos to Abuja for an interview, only to be informed on getting there that they have decided to postpone it, and were sorry they should have informed us earlier. A management position for that matter.
It's actually a sign that the company's executives are not professional, and workplace could even be toxic. The job is certainly insecure.
Except you are desperate for a job now, I wouldn't advice you to go back even if they call back.

Exactly...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happened When I Went For An Interview At Lekki by tillaman(m): 10:16pm On Mar 30, 2022
angry
You just wasted Tp Omo that alone is enough to make you go bananas!!
Don’t worry you will come back here to open another thread on how you got a great offer!!
Keep the hustle spirit alive!!

71 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Happened When I Went For An Interview At Lekki by VladimirPutiin(m): 10:17pm On Mar 30, 2022
angry

The only thing I have to say is may Buhari not happen to anyone of us. Ameen.

62 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Happened When I Went For An Interview At Lekki by calculator123(m): 10:17pm On Mar 30, 2022
Save a soul. Drop the name of the company with it's address

29 Likes

Re: What Happened When I Went For An Interview At Lekki by kennethfranc(m): 10:17pm On Mar 30, 2022
I pray you find one soon

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happened When I Went For An Interview At Lekki by Ayomitide77(m): 10:18pm On Mar 30, 2022
This can be so annoying. God will provide a good job soon

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happened When I Went For An Interview At Lekki by calculator123(m): 10:18pm On Mar 30, 2022
crows2ravens:
Just Festac to Lekki?
Nawa o

1 Like

Re: What Happened When I Went For An Interview At Lekki by Oblongata: 10:18pm On Mar 30, 2022
Better luck next time bro!
Re: What Happened When I Went For An Interview At Lekki by pocohantas(f): 10:18pm On Mar 30, 2022
Lekki offices?

I don’t trust any organization located in a residential area. Forgive me, my experience (not directly) with Lekki offices have been nothing short of disappointing.

They don’t pay well.

They are experts at big tags; Team Lead on a salary of 80k. No be to lead the team astray?

No defined or clear career growth.

No laid down organizational hierarchy. So a lot of asslicking, bullying and whistleblowing goes on there.

As for the HR, that is a typical unprofessional and uncompassionate Nigerian HR.

92 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Happened When I Went For An Interview At Lekki by qanda: 10:18pm On Mar 30, 2022
Re: What Happened When I Went For An Interview At Lekki by Nobody: 10:19pm On Mar 30, 2022
Lols...1800 and you're complaining? Be like u never travel interstate before for a job interview.
We all know times are hard but never give up. Still check them back letter.

1 Like

Re: What Happened When I Went For An Interview At Lekki by uncleck: 10:19pm On Mar 30, 2022
Sorry about that
Re: What Happened When I Went For An Interview At Lekki by ImoleNaija: 10:19pm On Mar 30, 2022
I could have been in the same situation few days ago. A cousin linked me up with his friend who claimed recruitment of Elect-Elect graduates (ND/HND/Bsc) is going on at their workplace. I spoke with the guy on phone & he gave me an address where I would meet the HR for the submission of CV & interview. I told him I would go the following day & asked him to give me some clues about the company so that I can make adequate preparation for the interview & he told me not to worry that I should just go there with my CV. How do I just go for an interview having no knowledge about the company or job description? I called my cousin & asked if he knows anything about the company. He replied that his friend works with one HR company in Lagos; they collect CVs and help with recruitment. From his response, I guessed he doesn't know much about the company. I just had to abort my plan to go to there. It could be GNLD people & it would be so painful wasting tfare from Ibadan to Obalende.

Most importantly, it's sold cold outside now.

29 Likes

Re: What Happened When I Went For An Interview At Lekki by Ademola47(m): 10:20pm On Mar 30, 2022
What people are facing daily in the labour market is nothing to write home about.

An experience I won't like to have...

1 Like

Re: What Happened When I Went For An Interview At Lekki by eventainment(m): 10:20pm On Mar 30, 2022
I need IT related job too o from graphics to front end to backend (Django and nodejs)

1 Like

Re: What Happened When I Went For An Interview At Lekki by Nochiriemmanuel: 10:20pm On Mar 30, 2022
I have gone early for an interview, the supposed recruiter saw my credentials and was woooowwwwwwing anyhow. He asked y I applied that I deserved more. Lass lass, I join access other applicants. Life no balance o

8 Likes

Re: What Happened When I Went For An Interview At Lekki by damosade(m): 10:21pm On Mar 30, 2022
I traveled from ibadan to Abuja only to solve primary 6 question... I knew that the exam was just a format...since 2020, no one has called us for the job.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Happened When I Went For An Interview At Lekki by West2019(m): 10:21pm On Mar 30, 2022
sue her .
Re: What Happened When I Went For An Interview At Lekki by Stonerobaba(m): 10:21pm On Mar 30, 2022
sorosoke101:
So I was billed for an interview today by 12pm at an event center on admiralty way lekki, on getting to the venue the security guard told me there was no such interview on there schedule .

I tried calling the Hr personnel I sent my C.V to and her number was switched off.

The funniest part was that I wasn't the only one at the venue I met 9 other people.

So they started calling the Hr personnel to no avail and we all went back home looking sad.

In fact I came all the way from festac and spent 1800 for Tp. "Me wey broke like broken plate"

It's been long I saw 3rd class graduates looking for jobs when there are so many unemployed first class graduates out there. Build up your qualifications bro or engage in something else You can only get employed with a strong connection. �

11 Likes

Re: What Happened When I Went For An Interview At Lekki by sorosoke101: 10:22pm On Mar 30, 2022
calculator123:
Save a soul. Drop the name of the company with it's address
No I can't do that
Re: What Happened When I Went For An Interview At Lekki by Built2last: 10:22pm On Mar 30, 2022
sorosoke101:

Sorry. Abeg I wan ask question before I do the next thing. Did you support Buhari?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happened When I Went For An Interview At Lekki by Parachoko: 10:22pm On Mar 30, 2022
sorosoke101:

drop the HR number

She is so heartless

And the name of the company and their address.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happened When I Went For An Interview At Lekki by BuhariNaWah: 10:23pm On Mar 30, 2022
VladimirPutiin:
angry

The only thing I have to say is may Buhari not happen to anyone of us. Ameen.

The man na wah

6 Likes

Re: What Happened When I Went For An Interview At Lekki by askolly(m): 10:23pm On Mar 30, 2022
Bro u can join LinkedIn for jobs

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Being Educated Brought The Biggest Shame Of My Life / Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? / MTN Nigeria 2017 Massive Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.