Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,217 members, 7,822,105 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:35 AM

What A Man That Earns 100k+ Told Me When I Wanted To Borrow N500 From Him - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What A Man That Earns 100k+ Told Me When I Wanted To Borrow N500 From Him (56383 Views)

I'm Willing To Borrow Someone 300k As Long As You Get Me Legal Assurance / What Happened When I Went For An Interview At Lekki / Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What A Man That Earns 100k+ Told Me When I Wanted To Borrow N500 From Him by Myer(m): 6:51am On Jun 27, 2023
FeelGoodAlways:
Times are definitely not nice to Nigerians. The streets are not smiling. People are not happy. You could see from their sad faces.

I am an undergraduate working as a security guard at night to help myself financially.

So due to fuel situation and the economic effects, I have been trekking to and fro the place, because no money and the transport is very expensive now. Today, I didn't feel very strong to trek back to the place due to malaria seriously holding me down. I approached my neighbor who is earning over 100k+ salary, minus side hustling to help me with transport fare to go to work. Guess what? He started by laughing cheapishly. When he paused, he narrated how he trekked back from work on Friday, trekked to and fro work today being Monday and not sure how he'll get back to office tomorrow morning being Tuesday. That the new transport fare has eaten deeper into his small earning that even before middle of the month, the salary had long gone. Last night, the children drank Garri to go to bed and this morning, the children left to school drinking only Pap and he put only N100 Akara for each in their lunch boxes. Sad story. He added that due to the economic impact of fuel subsidy removal, retrenchment letters for 3 of his colleagues in the office are ready to be served by the end of the month, and more to go.

Who will rescue us, we don't know? Sad truth is that the money that will be generated from this subsidy removal will not be put to use to the benefit of the commoners. It's just a plot to generate more money for the elites/thieves.

Could you believe that nobody could borrow me N500 in the whole compound? Incredible.

Well, even when I wasn't feeling strong to trek coupled with all I'm passing through financially, I just had to trek which I did.

I picked up this job because instead of sleeping freely at night and when the rent expires, the landlord would come after me + plus all the bills heaped on me, I could rather spend the nights here reading my books, sleep (even though not as recommended) and still earn some money no matter how small.

Finally, I would say do well to help people when you can. People are going through a lot. Not untill the start falling in the street.

*In mama P. voice* - "God will see us through".

God bless all hard working Nigerians no matter the tough times we face.

Your write-up is very emotional and truly the reality of many Nigerians now.

But I want you to know that God's hand is in everything. Nothing happens that God is not aware.

I'll encourage us all to please endure this temporary suffering. Make the necessary sacrifices you have to this period. Let your hope be where it should really be and where it is truly assured and secured- in the government of Jesus Christ.

You will realise that God Himself becomes your provider when you turn to Christ.
He does not only rprovide money, he provides ALL you need.
Wisdom, Strength, Direction, Food, Help, Health, Peace, Joy, Hope etc that you need. Philippians 4:19

Most times these sufferings help us expose our weaknesses so that we can know what is blocking blessings in our lives. It exposes fake friends so that we know who to be careful with, who to separate from, etc.
It helps us build the Fruit of the Spirit and even Gifts of the Spirit.
It is also the time some people with receive ideas that will change their lives for ever.

2Cor.4.16-18 Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.
For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory,
while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What A Man That Earns 100k+ Told Me When I Wanted To Borrow N500 From Him by Legalaffairs(m): 6:59am On Jun 27, 2023
DevilsEqual:

When u give unrelated responses like this, it makes people question your creativity and ability to think outside the box

Even if we voted in Julius ceasar,he'd not have turned things around overnight

IF THE NATION COULD BE QUICKLY DRIVEN INTO HARDSHIP, IT COULD AS WELL BE QUICKLY GIVEN AN IMMEDIATE EASE. THE OUTCOME OF THESE TWO EXTREMES DEPENDS ON THE ECONOMIC STRING YOU PULL.

WE DESERVE AN EASE OF LIFE, NOT DEEPER INTO THE DIFFICULTIES OF LIFE.

I KNOW WHY YOU WOULD NOT KNOW THE DIFFERENCE, BUT I AM CERTAIN YOU ARE FEELING THE HEAT OF THIS RECENT ECONOMIC SUMERSOLT MORE THAN I DO.

PLAY LOGIC, NOT TRIBE OR RELIGION.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What A Man That Earns 100k+ Told Me When I Wanted To Borrow N500 From Him by zedegit: 7:08am On Jun 27, 2023
author=FeelGoodAlways post=124052066]Times are definitely not nice to Nigerians. The streets are not smiling. People are not happy. You could see from their sad faces.

I am an undergraduate working as a security guard at night to help myself financially.

So due to fuel situation and the economic effects, I have been trekking to and fro the place, because no money and the transport is very expensive now. Today, I didn't feel very strong to trek back to the place due to malaria seriously holding me down. I approached my neighbor who is earning over 100k+ salary, minus side hustling to help me with transport fare to go to work. Guess what? He started by laughing cheapishly. When he paused, he narrated how he trekked back from work on Friday, trekked to and fro work today being Monday and not sure how he'll get back to office tomorrow morning being Tuesday. That the new transport fare has eaten deeper into his small earning that even before middle of the month, the salary had long gone. Last night, the children drank Garri to go to bed and this morning, the children left to school drinking only Pap and he put only N100 Akara for each in their lunch boxes. Sad story. He added that due to the economic impact of fuel subsidy removal, retrenchment letters for 3 of his colleagues in the office are ready to be served by the end of the month, and more to go.

Who will rescue us, we don't know? Sad truth is that the money that will be generated from this subsidy removal will not be put to use to the benefit of the commoners. It's just a plot to generate more money for the elites/thieves.

Could you believe that nobody could borrow me N500 in the whole compound? Incredible.

Well, even when I wasn't feeling strong to trek coupled with all I'm passing through financially, I just had to trek which I did.

I picked up this job because instead of sleeping freely at night and when the rent expires, the landlord would come after me + plus all the bills heaped on me, I could rather spend the nights here reading my books, sleep (even though not as recommended) and still earn some money no matter how small.

Finally, I would say do well to help people when you can. People are going through a lot. Not untill the start falling in the street.

God bless all hard working Nigerians no matter the tough times we face.[/quote]

You really think that #100 000 is enough money in this economy? It's barely enough for a single man talkless of one with a family comprising of children.
You should know better.

Calculate transportation in a month and feeding. That should gulp more than half of his salary.

Aside that he will give his wife money for miscellaneous. What of house rent, clothing.
Children school fees nko and sundry expenses which schools task them.

What of extended family members?
You as a single is not finding it funny. Wait and marry first, you will understand better.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What A Man That Earns 100k+ Told Me When I Wanted To Borrow N500 From Him by FeelGoodAlways(m): 7:12am On Jun 27, 2023
LikeAking:

The guy stingy.

You think he had but didn't want to lend? Don't forget 100k now is nothing, especially for family setting.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What A Man That Earns 100k+ Told Me When I Wanted To Borrow N500 From Him by FeelGoodAlways(m): 7:22am On Jun 27, 2023
Calabar1stSon:
Una complain no consign me... I don japa to Ekiti.

Things suppose better for Ekiti after na them first give Tinubu block vote.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What A Man That Earns 100k+ Told Me When I Wanted To Borrow N500 From Him by emerged01(m): 8:42am On Jun 27, 2023
I,myself I'm not earning big. Over the years I have learnt to manage myself and avoid waste by all means. Bro, many are not finding it easy too. I can only advise you to source for additional source of income to ease the burden on you and cut of unnecessary expenses.
If you drink alcohol cut it off
If you smoke cut it off
If you dey carry woman cut her off
Focus on yourself and any other thing may come after when your pocket is smiling.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What A Man That Earns 100k+ Told Me When I Wanted To Borrow N500 From Him by chuksanambra: 9:59am On Jun 27, 2023
FeelGoodAlways:

Things suppose better for Ekiti after na them first give Tinubu block vote.

Wetin Ekiti do really pain those Obidients o cheesy

3 Likes

Re: What A Man That Earns 100k+ Told Me When I Wanted To Borrow N500 From Him by Donpenny(m): 10:43am On Jun 27, 2023
That's the reality for every salary earner right now except very few with viable side hussle. Very wrong time to be a salary earner

4 Likes

Re: What A Man That Earns 100k+ Told Me When I Wanted To Borrow N500 From Him by Minjim: 11:04am On Jun 27, 2023
youngrichnigga:
I feel your pain bro! God will see us (ala Mama Peace). The real issues with the subsidy removal is how they suddenly arrived at the current price because they said the subsidy being paid on PMS was about N202 as recently as a February report. Now we are being made to pay N500 for a liter as against approximately N390 if we add this to the former pump price of N188, please who's fooling who Our labor leaders have become worse than useless undecided undecided undecided undecided

I swear, it seems all government 's priority is to further inflict poverty on Nigerians till they commit sucide.

I can understand how heartless some people can be.
You remove subsidy and asked us to face the reality of hardship with no palliative programme to cushion the effect. Are you not not supposed to put the cushion effect in place for people to fall on before removing the subsidy?

Now, we are left stranded and only the rich are surviving. The trekking have done in this month. I've not done it b4. I didn't even think I can do it. And the effect will all fall on our body and productivity.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What A Man That Earns 100k+ Told Me When I Wanted To Borrow N500 From Him by PARADIZEPRIEST: 2:05pm On Jun 27, 2023
All Political office holders should divide their salaries and feed their consistuencies henceforth.

People should beseige their governors ,senators,reps,ministers,commissioners,perm secs houses for food,they feast like kings daily,let all public servants reduce their cars to 3cars and convert others to free public transport for state residents. Be your brothers keeper o' ye public servants,don't sey e no concern you.

DESPIRATE TIMES NEEDS PUBLIC SERVANT TO DO DESPIRATE THINGS TO HELp THEIR FOLLOWERS, IF TRUELY THEY LOVE THEM. OVER TO YOU ALL.

PUSH TO FRONT PAGE,MAKE IT A JINGLE ACROSSS NATION. grin

3 Likes

Re: What A Man That Earns 100k+ Told Me When I Wanted To Borrow N500 From Him by TheBillyonaire: 2:10pm On Jun 27, 2023
It is exciting times. The last few months has been interestingly amazing. I have no idea why people are lamenting about their existence, when all of their lives is a reflection of their actions and decisions.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What A Man That Earns 100k+ Told Me When I Wanted To Borrow N500 From Him by Fiscus105(m): 3:24pm On Jun 27, 2023
Try to talk to single mothers in which husbands had abandoned with kids and see things urself .

For those who can dig anything under skirt, i think its windfall time.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What A Man That Earns 100k+ Told Me When I Wanted To Borrow N500 From Him by slawomir: 3:24pm On Jun 27, 2023
Damnnn niggar

Don't dare help anybody

Let all suffer

Untill we start stepping into the polling unit without sentiment and tribalism

15 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What A Man That Earns 100k+ Told Me When I Wanted To Borrow N500 From Him by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jun 27, 2023
As for me and my family, it will favour us!!!!
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What A Man That Earns 100k+ Told Me When I Wanted To Borrow N500 From Him by lexy2014: 3:26pm On Jun 27, 2023
Renewed hope

This increase will favour me and family

Tinubu has hit (smashed) the ground running

7 Likes

Re: What A Man That Earns 100k+ Told Me When I Wanted To Borrow N500 From Him by Meditation01(m): 3:27pm On Jun 27, 2023
The occult body is a field of attention. A human being is composed of various parts: the physical body; the subtle physical body or the etheric body; the occult body; the psychic body; the mind; the ego; the life force; and of course the jiva or the soul or what they call in Buddhism the anatman, that eternal spark which is the ultimate perceiver or non-doer. The occult body is not a body in the sense that it has a shape. It's shapeless. The occult body is a field of attention. It's an avenue of awareness. It's a wind tunnel that connects the different realities. Now certainly there are what we call “occult bodies.” It is possible to create these occult bodies. They're extensions of your own bodies; we call them allies or helpers. An advanced spiritual aspirant is capable of creating many different bodies and can utilize these bodies to help aid others in their liberation. But the occult body, more than anything, is a field of awareness. You might say it's a way of being. The occult body is power but power that is not directed in an obvious manner. The word “occult” means hidden, that which is unseen. There are various forms of spiritual practice. Naturally in some forms of spiritual practice we see that which is apparent. When someone loves God, is truthful, is kind to others, compassionate, we can see what appears to be the cause and effect. But the occult body is part of the realm of mysticism and it works through the occult fields.
Re: What A Man That Earns 100k+ Told Me When I Wanted To Borrow N500 From Him by Nolevel666: 3:28pm On Jun 27, 2023
VeeVeeMyLuv:
This country has been retrogressing under APC

Nigerians can no longer afford basic things of life they could conveniently afford in 2014.

Nigerians wake up and take back your country.
Will they?

No.

They rather keep praying to their dead gods
While worshiping the looters to keep looting and live longer.

3 Likes

Re: What A Man That Earns 100k+ Told Me When I Wanted To Borrow N500 From Him by Vinnie2000(m): 3:29pm On Jun 27, 2023
OP, you didn't do well going to a Married man with kids, to beg for money.😏

100k for a married man under this USELESS Apc Govt is chicken change. sad 😒

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What A Man That Earns 100k+ Told Me When I Wanted To Borrow N500 From Him by Fiscus105(m): 3:29pm On Jun 27, 2023
Namaster:
It's madness that anyone will support the removal of fuel subsidy. It may be a good idea in other countries but this is Nigeria.

The people will suffer the consequences of the removal and enjoy none of the benefits. I spent more than 40K travelling to the east in the past 4 weeks.

@ ur bolded

That's most painful aspect of it.

In two years to come now, having realized nothing to show for masses ,they will come and be given various excuses why subsidy removal not working.

By them, it would be too late to reverse removal again.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What A Man That Earns 100k+ Told Me When I Wanted To Borrow N500 From Him by Anabosee(m): 3:30pm On Jun 27, 2023
I have 4 Keke, I de cry.
What about people who are on hire purchase.
Seriously this subsidy and too much tax is too much for the people, buhari is really a good man.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What A Man That Earns 100k+ Told Me When I Wanted To Borrow N500 From Him by NaijaCover(m): 3:30pm On Jun 27, 2023
No Be Small Thing ooooo

1 Like

Re: What A Man That Earns 100k+ Told Me When I Wanted To Borrow N500 From Him by Vinnie2000(m): 3:32pm On Jun 27, 2023
Fiscus105:
Try to talk to single mothers husband had abandoned with kids and see things urself .

For those who can dig anything under skirt, i think this time for ther windfall.

Can you expantiate on this Plz?🤔

BTW, I know you, to be a Tinubu/APC supporter.
Hunger has changed ur Political Party? 😏😒

2 Likes

Re: What A Man That Earns 100k+ Told Me When I Wanted To Borrow N500 From Him by ukaface(f): 3:33pm On Jun 27, 2023
I would love to help with the little I have
But I would be so petty, I swear
I go first ask ‘ who did you vote for?’ If you mention PO forget it
Na only BATS I wan help

Yes, call me petty

5 Likes

Re: What A Man That Earns 100k+ Told Me When I Wanted To Borrow N500 From Him by spill(m): 3:34pm On Jun 27, 2023
FeelGoodAlways:
Times are definitely not nice to Nigerians. The streets are not smiling. People are not happy. You could see from their sad faces.

I sent you mail, Kindly respond to the mail.

Your prompt response would be greatly appreciated before my 10MB vanishes.
Re: What A Man That Earns 100k+ Told Me When I Wanted To Borrow N500 From Him by Fiscus105(m): 3:35pm On Jun 27, 2023
Vinnie2000:

Can you expantiate on this Plz?🤔

BTW, I know you, to be a Tinubu/APC supporter.
Hunger has changed ur Political Party? 😏😒

Quote me where I supported Tinubu, make sure you dig well and see different posts I against Tinubu,Obi and Atiku.

I'm not blinded follower like you, who will never see anything good from Jerusalem.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What A Man That Earns 100k+ Told Me When I Wanted To Borrow N500 From Him by ibechris(m): 3:35pm On Jun 27, 2023
Namaster:
It's madness that anyone will support the removal of fuel subsidy. It may be a good idea in other countries but this is Nigeria.

The people will suffer the consequences of the removal and enjoy none of the benefits. I spent more than 40K travelling to the east in the past 4 weeks.

Fuel in Egypt is 72% subsidised and food is also subsidised.

Here in Nigeria,the poor are praising the politicians. I pity them all.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What A Man That Earns 100k+ Told Me When I Wanted To Borrow N500 From Him by DestinyNigga: 3:36pm On Jun 27, 2023
Tilubu supporters are buying fuel cheaper!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What A Man That Earns 100k+ Told Me When I Wanted To Borrow N500 From Him by Karlosorji(m): 3:36pm On Jun 27, 2023
Dey there na. Today Ashawo collect #500 I surprise. Ee red everywhere no be lie

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What A Man That Earns 100k+ Told Me When I Wanted To Borrow N500 From Him by VTJN(m): 3:37pm On Jun 27, 2023
Anabosee:
I have 4 Keke, I de cry.
What about people who are on hire purchase.
Seriously this subsidy and too much tax is too much for the people, buhari is really a good man.
you're a big man seriously

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What A Man That Earns 100k+ Told Me When I Wanted To Borrow N500 From Him by Yewandequeen(f): 3:37pm On Jun 27, 2023
FeelGoodAlways:

This is something I ponder on everyday and it's quite saddening. It's just as if the government is hell bent on making average Nigerian poorer and the poor becomes pauper...

May God ease our pain

Drop ur acct for a token

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What A Man That Earns 100k+ Told Me When I Wanted To Borrow N500 From Him by Confirm4real(m): 3:37pm On Jun 27, 2023
The sweet will reach everybody relax grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What A Man That Earns 100k+ Told Me When I Wanted To Borrow N500 From Him by captainamiedi1: 3:38pm On Jun 27, 2023
people are really suffering. enter the street, most faces are hungry faces. But again suffering and smile. may we not miss Buhari

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination / What Exactly Is The Salary Of A Graduate In NIMC? / The N-power Teacher Corps Programme: Must Know Fact

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.