Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,912 members, 7,824,825 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:18 PM

Proof Of Ownership Certificate: FG Imposes N1,000 Annual Fee On Motorists - Autos (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Proof Of Ownership Certificate: FG Imposes N1,000 Annual Fee On Motorists (35340 Views)

Just A Year Used Camry Big Daddy+i4+see Proof Of Ownership For Confirmation / Change Of Ownership For Naija Used Cars Call/WhatsApp: 08182880902 / Vehicle Registration| Driver's License| Change of Ownership (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Proof Of Ownership Certificate: FG Imposes N1,000 Annual Fee On Motorists by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 3:13pm On Jun 27, 2023
Justiceleague1:

Haba!!!! I thought you Batists are not affected nah grin

Are you finally tired of ya igbo this, Igbo that everyday job? grin
Hand yaff touch you small grin
Btw,the #1000 doesn't affect wheelbarrow jeep nah baaaahahahahahahahaaa!!!!!! grin grin grin

smh….

I don’t always have to lie all the time. Sometimes, I say the truth.

If I wanted to polish the development, it won’t cost me anything.
Re: Proof Of Ownership Certificate: FG Imposes N1,000 Annual Fee On Motorists by ITbomb(m): 3:14pm On Jun 27, 2023
No be Tinubu again?
Very soon we go dey pay annual fee to renew ownership of our Television
Re: Proof Of Ownership Certificate: FG Imposes N1,000 Annual Fee On Motorists by baralatie(m): 3:15pm On Jun 27, 2023
Sounds like extortion
Re: Proof Of Ownership Certificate: FG Imposes N1,000 Annual Fee On Motorists by saveman91(m): 3:15pm On Jun 27, 2023
Make una kukuma commot tinubu for site dis man won't allow persin breath
Re: Proof Of Ownership Certificate: FG Imposes N1,000 Annual Fee On Motorists by bayelsaowei(m): 3:15pm On Jun 27, 2023
Everybody collecting..
Re: Proof Of Ownership Certificate: FG Imposes N1,000 Annual Fee On Motorists by abobote: 3:16pm On Jun 27, 2023
post=124066618:

All these levy won't do much until we do the necessary things as a nation.
The change must start from the office holders,
The politicians.
And the populace will take serious all these actions.

How to move our Darling country forward...

1. Abolish SECURITY VOTE in NIGERIA. Nigeria will pay N45,000 minimum wage comfortably.

2. a) Abolish CONSTITUENCY PROJECT FUNDS
b) Reduce number of ADVISERS to SENATE PRES(2), HOUSE SPEAKER(2), GOVs(4), PRESIDENT(5), VP(2)
c) Reduce current ALL Political Office Holders PAY CHEQUES by 51.5%, without exception
d) Do away with special remuneration to POLITICAL ADVISERS & PUBLIC SERVANTS e.g; Purchase of Private Vehicles, Houses, granting Govt paid Vacations, paying for 1st & Business Class Transportations, etc, etc...
e) Abolish payment of OVERSEAS MEDICAL BILLS for Political Office Holders.
f) Eliminate PRIVATE PRACTICE in public workforce
g) Eliminate participation of Public Workforce in Partisan Politics.
h) Institute EMPLOYMENT BY MERIT, and eliminate UNDEREMPLOYMENT.
i) Review and eliminate allocation of Govt paid POLITICAL AIDES & SUPPORT STAFF to Political Office Holders.

With (1) + (2) Nigeria would pay a minimum wageof N65,000 comfortably.......
(3, 4 and 5 To be completed on another thread)

God bless Nigeria
We will get there.......
Wow, so you can be this reasonable?
Re: Proof Of Ownership Certificate: FG Imposes N1,000 Annual Fee On Motorists by Eecho(m): 3:16pm On Jun 27, 2023
Wealthoptulent:
Smileee
Nice one, it will also generate Revenue..
While stolen vehicles are reducing, government purse will increase... hmm! if the price won't be later inflated it nice. Easier to own a Car bt difficult maintain . Nice one.
Tactics like this will forcefully reduce cars plying roads and force many people to use more of commercial vehicles, government should provide mass transits system [with CNG & LNG ] cheap fare can encourage commutters.

U don't type with wisdom, and obviously not innovative as a person with knowledge.. u want good system but will FG print Notes excessively to give masses ? They must generate to provide for masses .. because we haven't been lucky in past , doesn't mean we forever won't be.

U can On ur NFC to share my response for Him

Cut the cheap young man's, many of us type see cars as asset bt hell no, its liability . Why struggle to own a car? For show off? If u need it, no matter the policies u would keep it. If because of 1k u now here throwing tantrum, better register for uber to dey raise maintenance money.
I only wrote what I felt work for a a good system. I never praised or leaked Government ass.
Look below how much 9ja owes creditors

So u expect make dem print the money to pay off? U do economic or business study for college som
A very daft old man who couldn’t own Car . Fuel Subsidy removal didn’t stop the number of cars on the road it’s 1000 naira fee that will stop people from driving or buying cars . Go and make money !
Re: Proof Of Ownership Certificate: FG Imposes N1,000 Annual Fee On Motorists by GetSenseNow: 3:16pm On Jun 27, 2023
Sitwalkstand:
I am not a Tinubu fan but i don't have problem with this policy but for few concerns.

Here is why.

In England, you pay 3 things on a car mandatorily. These are Road tax. you pay tax to government for using their road. Every car in UK pays this. UK government makes billions of pounds every year from it. We pay insurance and we do MOT every year.

The government needs money to run things. Nigeria is owing almost 50 trillion. That debt needs to be paid.

Here is my concern with this policy

Timing: Nigerian's are suffering already. You removed Subsidy that skyrocketed commodity price and PMS price without anything to cushion the effect on the people.
The price should be reduced to 300 naira which will give government 30 billion each year assuming we have 100 million cars. 30 billion can do a lot on roads in a year.

Whatever takes money out of people's lean pocket should be avoided for now.

Electricity bill is going up in July

We don't have data to track all cars in Nigeria to ensure compliance. Agbero will harass Nigerians unnecessarily. making life hell for motorists.

Ogas at the top will print receipts and take the cash away except where it must be directly paid to the bank and online receipt generated which road safety can verify on the go when they ask a driver.

Tinubu handlers should tell him that those hailing him will soon join those mocking him if the policies do not have human face.

People are already suffering.

I did this Proof of Ownership for my car at 2k last week
Re: Proof Of Ownership Certificate: FG Imposes N1,000 Annual Fee On Motorists by Dzzzz: 3:19pm On Jun 27, 2023
Anyone who uses corruption to become a leader has no good motives for the people..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Proof Of Ownership Certificate: FG Imposes N1,000 Annual Fee On Motorists by Ombudsman1: 3:19pm On Jun 27, 2023
post=124066618:

All these levy won't do much until we do the necessary things as a nation.
The change must start from the office holders,
The politicians.
And the populace will take serious all these actions.

How to move our Darling country forward...

1. Abolish SECURITY VOTE in NIGERIA. Nigeria will pay N45,000 minimum wage comfortably.

2. a) Abolish CONSTITUENCY PROJECT FUNDS
b) Reduce number of ADVISERS to SENATE PRES(2), HOUSE SPEAKER(2), GOVs(4), PRESIDENT(5), VP(2)
c) Reduce current ALL Political Office Holders PAY CHEQUES by 51.5%, without exception
d) Do away with special remuneration to POLITICAL ADVISERS & PUBLIC SERVANTS e.g; Purchase of Private Vehicles, Houses, granting Govt paid Vacations, paying for 1st & Business Class Transportations, etc, etc...
e) Abolish payment of OVERSEAS MEDICAL BILLS for Political Office Holders.
f) Eliminate PRIVATE PRACTICE in public workforce
g) Eliminate participation of Public Workforce in Partisan Politics.
h) Institute EMPLOYMENT BY MERIT, and eliminate UNDEREMPLOYMENT.
i) Review and eliminate allocation of Govt paid POLITICAL AIDES & SUPPORT STAFF to Political Office Holders.

With (1) + (2) Nigeria would pay a minimum wageof N65,000 comfortably.......
(3, 4 and 5 To be completed on another thread)

God bless Nigeria
We will get there.......

EVEN YOUR DELUSIONS HAVE DELUSIONS

YOU'RE FAR TOO GONE TO BE REDEEMED

1 Like

Re: Proof Of Ownership Certificate: FG Imposes N1,000 Annual Fee On Motorists by nairalanda1(m): 3:20pm On Jun 27, 2023
Treadway:
I think I have to agree with you 100% on this one. Nairalanda1 does fit the profile...while he does not carry himself as a hopeless asslicker like the bat griller and his cohorts, you can't help but notice how he vehemently downplays everything else and elevates only that his point of view, which typically is oddly specific and quite detached from realism. Meaning that truly his responses cannot be from wide depth of understanding but rather just responding and re-echoing his pre-determined transcript, kinda like a customer care officer, na the thing wey dey say make he talk he go just dey talk, and as such he simply can't handle the curveballs thrown, and so just downplays it.

Thanks, BAT supporter.
Re: Proof Of Ownership Certificate: FG Imposes N1,000 Annual Fee On Motorists by sonnie10: 3:21pm On Jun 27, 2023
SmartyPants:

They didn't just wake up and add a new "tax". From the write-up, this law has been in place since 2012, but not enforced.
I see the 1k as a mere administrative fee, not a tax. No just cause for complaint.
Which law are you talking about? There is no law that says they should collect yearly fee on proof of ownership.
Proof of ownership is a title . If it is yours, you don’t need to renew it. In fact it is illegal to alter , copy or change.? The most you could do is to apply for duplicate. Even a lost one, on reissued copy, a stamped mark is usually on it to show that it’s reissued. It is not as if the information used to obtain it will ever change.
On POC you have vehicle vin and personal information extracted from driver license. A change of address is usually reflected on the driver license but the actual license number doesn’t change. None of these would ever change. So why the yearly renewal?
An agency does not need administrative fee to store your certification. We have agencies that have and store birth certificate, school certificate, professional license certificate, marriage certificate, land certificate, divorce certificate, death certificate, none is collecting administrative fee to store them.
This is just extortion of masses and broad day robbery.

2 Likes

Re: Proof Of Ownership Certificate: FG Imposes N1,000 Annual Fee On Motorists by Greatihex(m): 3:21pm On Jun 27, 2023
Sitwalkstand:
I am not a Tinubu fan but i don't have problem with this policy but for few concerns.

Here is why.

In England, you pay 3 things on a car mandatorily. These are Road tax. you pay tax to government for using their road. Every car in UK pays this. UK government makes billions of pounds every year from it. We pay insurance and we do MOT every year.

The government needs money to run things. Nigeria is owing almost 50 trillion. That debt needs to be paid.

Here is my concern with this policy

Timing: Nigerian's are suffering already. You removed Subsidy that skyrocketed commodity price and PMS price without anything to cushion the effect on the people.
The price should be reduced to 300 naira which will give government 30 billion each year assuming we have 100 million cars. 30 billion can do a lot on roads in a year.

Whatever takes money out of people's lean pocket should be avoided for now.

Electricity bill is going up in July

We don't have data to track all cars in Nigeria to ensure compliance. Agbero will harass Nigerians unnecessarily. making life hell for motorists.

Ogas at the top will print receipts and take the cash away except where it must be directly paid to the bank and online receipt generated which road safety can verify on the go when they ask a driver.

Tinubu handlers should tell him that those hailing him will soon join those mocking him if the policies do not have human face.

People are already suffering.

WHY ARE YOU USING UK AS COMPARISON? WHY ARE YOU NOT USING LYBIA DURING GADDAFI'S TIME AS COMPARISON? AT LEAST THEY ARE AN OIL PRODUCING STATE LIKE NIGERIA. EDUCATION WAS FREE, ELECTRICITY WAS FREE, ETC.

WHY DON'T YOU USE FINLAND, NORWAY, GERMANY SWEDEN ETC AS COMPARISON, WHERE THEY HAVE EDUCATION AND OTHER THINGS AS FREE? WHY UK?

2 Likes

Re: Proof Of Ownership Certificate: FG Imposes N1,000 Annual Fee On Motorists by bablon20(m): 3:21pm On Jun 27, 2023
The tariff should have been used to replaced one of the existing tariffs. FG can mt continue killing masses with loads of taxes. Habba!
Re: Proof Of Ownership Certificate: FG Imposes N1,000 Annual Fee On Motorists by Ishilove: 3:22pm On Jun 27, 2023
Nigerian government is determined to milk us of every Kobo we are worth

1 Like

Re: Proof Of Ownership Certificate: FG Imposes N1,000 Annual Fee On Motorists by nairalanda1(m): 3:23pm On Jun 27, 2023
melviniyke2002:
lol let dem reduce cost of governance......let d poor breathe

And when that money runs out, Comrade?
Re: Proof Of Ownership Certificate: FG Imposes N1,000 Annual Fee On Motorists by SmartyPants(m): 3:24pm On Jun 27, 2023
sonnie10:

Which law are you talking about? There is no law that says they should collect yearly fee on proof of ownership.
Proof of ownership is a title . If it is yours, you don’t need to renew it. In fact it is illegal to alter , copy or change.? The most you could do is to apply for duplicate. Even a lost one, on reissued copy, a stamped mark is usually on it to show that it’s reissued. It is not as if the information used to obtain it will ever change.
On POC you have vehicle vin and personal information extracted from driver license. A change of address is usually reflected on the driver license but the actual license number doesn’t change. None of these would ever change. So why the yearly renewal?
An agency does not need administrative fee to store your certification. We have agencies that have and store birth certificate, school certificate, professional license certificate, marriage certificate, land certificate, divorce certificate, death certificate, none is collecting administrative fee to store them.
This is just extortion of masses and broad day robbery.

Well, you've made valid points
Re: Proof Of Ownership Certificate: FG Imposes N1,000 Annual Fee On Motorists by nairalanda1(m): 3:25pm On Jun 27, 2023
fawaz050:

I have no problem with raising our tax to GDP ratio. But the problem is the Govt is actualling taxing poverty. You don't agree? check our MPI!

Tax to GDP at ten percent is not taxing poverty.

It's even having mercy on the poor.

The only people who feel taxes are we the city people
Re: Proof Of Ownership Certificate: FG Imposes N1,000 Annual Fee On Motorists by MrColdsweat: 3:26pm On Jun 27, 2023
Macphenson:

If you have a car, you would have known that those information are already in FRSC data base..

Obviously you have never renewed a vehicle license before in your life.

Why you expose am na? cheesy
Re: Proof Of Ownership Certificate: FG Imposes N1,000 Annual Fee On Motorists by lastmessenger: 3:31pm On Jun 27, 2023
SangoOlukosoOba:
Extortion!

That is fraud!

You cannot just be milking the populace in the name of generating revenue. Why does a car owner have to pay for POC every year, and still pay for vehicle license?

These politicians don’t have a soul!

my brother and they just increased their salaries to 114 %. Where will they get money to pay this 100% increase. I don't really know
Re: Proof Of Ownership Certificate: FG Imposes N1,000 Annual Fee On Motorists by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:38pm On Jun 27, 2023
Dyfynezz12:

Driving license is not renewed every year.they want something that will be bringing in money every year.imagine 10 million car owners paying 1k dats 10bn,and it will still be shared among few ppl.
And am sure driving license will still be increased but they want this particular money seperately just to use and compensate some ppl

Vehicle licence is renewed every year.

2 Likes

Re: Proof Of Ownership Certificate: FG Imposes N1,000 Annual Fee On Motorists by SalamRushdie: 3:38pm On Jun 27, 2023
Wealthoptulent:
Smileee
While stolen vehicles are reducing, government purse will increase... hmm! if the price won't be later inflated it nice. Easier to own a Car bt difficult maintain . Nice one.
Tactics like this will forcefully reduce cars plying roads and force many people to use more of commercial vehicles, government should provide mass transits system [with CNG & LNG ] cheap fare can encourage commutters.

U don't type with wisdom, and obviously not innovative as a person with knowledge.. u want good system but will FG print Notes excessively to give masses ? They must generate to provide for masses .. because we haven't been lucky in past , doesn't mean we forever won't be.

U can On ur NFC to share my response to Him, with him

Cut the cheap young man's, many of us type see cars as asset bt hell no, its liability . Why struggle to own a car? For show off? If u need it, no matter the policies u would keep it. If because of 1k u now here throwing tantrum, better register for uber to dey raise maintenance money.
I only wrote what I felt work for a a good system. I never praised or leaked Government ass.

So u expect make dem print the money to pay off? U do economic or business study for college so?

who ? U? Not jus 1 or 5 cars i have owned. I use strictly BMW PRODUCTS. So where are u driving at? With ur bare foot. Mugu, dey look face well.
U know how many people u don Tax since Subsidy removal?

You are a🤡🤡🤡🤡

I Buy only BMW ..The BMW👇👇

Re: Proof Of Ownership Certificate: FG Imposes N1,000 Annual Fee On Motorists by Fidecoo(m): 3:43pm On Jun 27, 2023
nairalanda1:

We are in debt, and our tax to gdp is low.

We better start making more money, or we take more loans , you know. Loans are worse.

Taking loans to do want??
Re: Proof Of Ownership Certificate: FG Imposes N1,000 Annual Fee On Motorists by slowice(m): 3:46pm On Jun 27, 2023
They want Nigerians to prove they re the owners of their cars annually? Wow

Na one chance we enter sha but thank God it won't affect ronu members grin

2 Likes

Re: Proof Of Ownership Certificate: FG Imposes N1,000 Annual Fee On Motorists by nairalanda1(m): 3:46pm On Jun 27, 2023
Fidecoo:

Taking loans to do want??

To pay for your mummy's birthday party.
Re: Proof Of Ownership Certificate: FG Imposes N1,000 Annual Fee On Motorists by ceejayluv(m): 3:46pm On Jun 27, 2023
Tinubu the revenue Man..... I'm not surprised.
Re: Proof Of Ownership Certificate: FG Imposes N1,000 Annual Fee On Motorists by Eecho(m): 3:48pm On Jun 27, 2023
Wealthoptulent:
Smileee

U can On ur NFC to share my response to Him, with him

So u expect make dem print the money to pay off? U do economic or business study for college so?

who ? U? Not jus 1 or 5 cars i have owned. I use strictly BMW PRODUCTS. So where are u driving at? With ur bare foot. Mugu, dey look face well.
U know how many people u don Tax since Subsidy removal?
Vivid Imagination!
Re: Proof Of Ownership Certificate: FG Imposes N1,000 Annual Fee On Motorists by delpee(f): 3:51pm On Jun 27, 2023
Why don't we start by reducing cost of governance instead of taxing the masses to death?
Re: Proof Of Ownership Certificate: FG Imposes N1,000 Annual Fee On Motorists by godofuck231: 3:54pm On Jun 27, 2023
Landlord never come ,make una just hold on , when em come una go tear check plenty , APC go knack una AKPAKO , loud one
Re: Proof Of Ownership Certificate: FG Imposes N1,000 Annual Fee On Motorists by nairalanda1(m): 3:59pm On Jun 27, 2023
Treadway:
I think I have to agree with you 100% on this one. Nairalanda1 does fit the profile...while he does not carry himself as a hopeless asslicker like the bat griller and his cohorts, you can't help but notice how he vehemently downplays everything else and elevates only that his point of view, which typically is oddly specific and quite detached from realism. Meaning that truly his responses cannot be from wide depth of understanding but rather just responding and re-echoing his pre-determined transcript, kinda like a customer care officer, na the thing wey dey say make he talk he go just dey talk, and as such he simply can't handle the curveballs thrown, and so just downplays it.

Seriously, this is uncalled for man.

I am not a government supporter. I even hate APC and what it stands for. As I do other parties

My point is we are not earning enough money, and sadly the corruption makes a bad matter worse

But all you do is call me a government supporter

And I thought you were reasonable.

Good evening. Thanks for the abuse. I won't trouble you again.
Re: Proof Of Ownership Certificate: FG Imposes N1,000 Annual Fee On Motorists by Magnoliaa(f): 4:00pm On Jun 27, 2023
Antiochus:
It will favour me and my family cheesy undecided

Amen!

Not like I have a car anyway, but still, it will favour every of my family members who have cars.

I don't care what is implemented anymore, positive speaking all the way. 🤞
Re: Proof Of Ownership Certificate: FG Imposes N1,000 Annual Fee On Motorists by Magnoliaa(f): 4:02pm On Jun 27, 2023
Racoon:
The government is not longer favouring you and your family again? Don't be tired this early.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

OEM Toyota/Lexus Spare Parts / 5 African Car Manufacturers That Would Blow Your Mind. (PICTURES) / Locations Of Automotive Manufacturing & Assembly Plants In Nigeria (Infographic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.