Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,337 members, 7,829,855 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

Africa Is Not Primitive, We Just Prefer Our Ways - Charity Ekezie (Video) - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Africa Is Not Primitive, We Just Prefer Our Ways - Charity Ekezie (Video) (9371 Views)

The Largest Football Stadium In Africa Is Under Construction In Egypt / A Look Into Africa's Most Primitive Tribe / My Experience With The Primitive People Of Ezillo LGA Of Ebonyi State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Africa Is Not Primitive, We Just Prefer Our Ways - Charity Ekezie (Video) by Rossikk(m): 7:30pm On Jun 28, 2023
SeriouslySense:
Do your research, they got it directly from the Israelites. Even in the gospel, there was an Ethiopian eunuch, who was baptized as he was going back home. Also east African and that region had more close contact with the Israelites and has access to original manuscripts.

I am not sure where the Queen of Sheba came from to listen to Solomon, apart from the region around Arabia (Yemen), she is could have come from Cush or Ethiopia. The point is Even ancient Ethiopian Kings were Christians. You can look it up, instead of just dismissing what comes to you, then you will show that you have researched on it and can make bold assertions.

This is common knowledge and it is not something to debate

Shut up and stop lying. Jesus was invented by Roman leaders around 60 AD. The Ethiopians were deceived by the LIE of a ‘Jesus’ who never existed.

Christianity is a false religion based on lies.

The very idea that the Supreme Being will torture humans in an everlasting furnace for not ‘accepting’ a white man ‘saviour’ named “Jesus” is INSANE, and no rational African can accept that.
Re: Africa Is Not Primitive, We Just Prefer Our Ways - Charity Ekezie (Video) by okoroemeka(m): 7:47pm On Jun 28, 2023
YouandiAllofus:
In a transformative world where technology is solving societal challenges, societies are driven by top notch technology and finding solutions to all human problems in this modern era. It sounds archaic to suggest that one should prefer old ways to new innovative ways
no matter the type of transformative technology you mean but traditional religion is still strong and growing
Re: Africa Is Not Primitive, We Just Prefer Our Ways - Charity Ekezie (Video) by 1Sharon(f): 12:34am On Jun 29, 2023
Lol, this chick and her sarcasm.
Re: Africa Is Not Primitive, We Just Prefer Our Ways - Charity Ekezie (Video) by BigBashiru: 8:30pm On Jul 02, 2023
VeryStingyMan:
undecided

Pan-Africanists continue to lie to themselves in order to justify their centuries of backwardness. Being unambitious ultimately led to the easy colonization by the French and the British and now, more than 60 years after decolonisation, the continent is yet to fix their problems - tribalism, corruption, extreme poverty, incompetent and greedy leadership, lawlessness and severely undereducated masses not to mention the fact that the lack of ambition still plaguing the continent till date.

I mean, why do you live in modern houses and not your "aesthetically appealing" round huts? Why do you use smartphones rather than depend on town criers? You don't prefer your ways, you simply lack the capability to evolve and make it better by yourself!

Think long and hard about this... What do you think any country on the African continent would be able to "bring to the table" in the next 2 centuries? Africans elect populist leaders who have no plan to develop their respective countries and when they're exposed as failures, they suddenly take a pan-Africanist, anti-west stance and soon become continental heroes - like the classic case of Museveni in Uganda.

I'd argue there's more freedom in the west. Hell, there's more freedom in North Korea but ok undecided

that the lack of ambition still plaguing the continent till date.
Western Europe's "ambition" for colonial and imperial power is motivated by their poverty....its not because they are more ambitious....a hungry thief will be more motivated to colonize than a well to do man (Africa). There was simply no need for Africa to embark on any colonial projects because it is self sufficient and was already advanced in mining technology et al prior to what colonialists will tell you.

@round huts
>> Round huts are found not just in Africa but in many other places. By the cement was invented outside of western europe because they do not hv limestone and do not need cement that's why today most of their houses are made of dry wall and bricks.

What do you think any country on the African continent would be able to "bring to the table" in the next 2 centuries?

The history of Africa as you know it is a false history taught by colonialists....a lot of African history has been erased....but from the evidence we hv its Europe that we should be asking what they bring to the table. From telling false histories to renaming inventions and claiming African inventions as theirs to renaming African cities, Africans are the smart ones contrary to what many hv been programmed to believe.....it takes careful study of the real African history to see the real truth.

For example Einstein and Faraday only claimed what had been invented centuries earlier as theirs....

And the history you know is the one and propaganda told by Europeans to glorify themselves...

May God open your eyes to see the truth....
Re: Africa Is Not Primitive, We Just Prefer Our Ways - Charity Ekezie (Video) by VeryStingyMan: 7:56am On Jul 03, 2023
BigBashiru:

that the lack of ambition still plaguing the continent till date.
Western Europe's "ambition" for colonial and imperial power is motivated by their poverty....its not because they are more ambitious....a hungry thief will be more motivated to colonize than a well to do man (Africa). There was simply no need for Africa to embark on any colonial projects because it is self sufficient and was already advanced in mining technology et al prior to what colonialists will tell you.

It's not just colonialism though. The ambitions of the west has led to the development of their various countries and ease of life in general. From the days of Nikola Tesla to now, when modern day scientists are actively searching for the cure to cancer. When humans explore, this triggers curiosity. This then raises questions – what, why, how etc. These questions then lead to discoveries. This is simply what Africans lack, curiosity!

If Africans were that advanced, then there wouldn't be the talk of colonialism today. Europeans had better weapons, better equipment and better supplies than Africans which made colonialism all very easy.

[quote post=124172685] The history of Africa as you know it is a false history taught by colonialists....a lot of African history has been erased....but from the evidence we hv its Europe that we should be asking what they bring to the table. From telling false histories to renaming inventions and claiming African inventions as theirs to renaming African cities, Africans are the smart ones contrary to what many hv been programmed to believe.....it takes careful study of the real African history to see the real truth. [/quote]

Ah shit. Here we go again. Please post the real African history and inventions, let me see.

[quote post=124172685] And the history you know is the one and propaganda told by Europeans to glorify themselves... [/quote]

The irony in this. You're literally spitting Pan-Africanist, "white man bad" propaganda. sad

[quote post=124172685] May God open your eyes to see the truth....[/quote]

The same God sold to you by Europeans of which other?
Re: Africa Is Not Primitive, We Just Prefer Our Ways - Charity Ekezie (Video) by BigBashiru: 1:42pm On Jul 03, 2023
VeryStingyMan:

It's not just colonialism though. The ambitions of the west has led to the development of their various countries and ease of life in general. From the days of Nikola Tesla to now, when modern day scientists are actively searching for the cure to cancer. When humans explore, this triggers curiosity. This then raises questions – what, why, how etc. These questions then lead to discoveries. This is simply what Africans lack, curiosity!

If Africans were that advanced, then there wouldn't be the talk of colonialism today. Europeans had better weapons, better equipment and better supplies than Africans which made colonialism all very easy.

Ah shit. Here we go again. Please post the real African history and inventions, let me see.

The irony in this. You're literally spitting Pan-Africanist, "white man bad" propaganda. sad

I'm going to address your points directly...

The ambitions of the west has led to the development of their various countries and ease of life in general....

>> it's not a western thing it's a global thing....any ambitious country can succeed in anything. Russia first sent a man to the moon....western europe has not. Madagascar found the cure for covid-19 before western europe...for you to make an informed input you need to visit various African countries....you can't conclude the west is more ambitious than africa based on western media and propaganda....of course they will glorify themselves and say they are more ambitious than you. Every year tens of thousands of Nigerians return back to Nigeria from Europe America etc....they have realized the truth: overall Nigeria and Africa is better.

This is simply what Africans lack, curiosity!

That's according to the West. For colonization to happen, the colonizers must convince you that they are better than you. In fact, the LIFE of the collective west is dependent on the continued propagation and belief of this theory that Africans lack curiosity, are primitive, are lazy etc. That's why the BBC invests millions of pounds yearly filming poor kids (never mind the same poor kids are found in Budapest, Warsaw, Berlin etc. This is further reinforced in the colonial education curriculum that teaches Mungo Park discovered River Niger....I want to state now that Einstein Faraday and all those scientific laws named after Europeans were either stolen inventions or renamed inventions or claimed inventions. Know this and know peace.... keep an open mind and listen and think about what I just told you. In many cases the western brainwashing is complete and many Africans are permanently mentally enslaved.

At this point I want to draw parallels between colonization of north America and Nigeria/Africa....the British called native Americans savages unable to think, who lack curiosity etc and who needed to be "civilized". After erasing the culture of 150 First nations in Canada thru genocide, forced assimilation etc they came down to Africa around 1856. They repeated the same script here: Nigerians and Africans are savages who need to be civilized who also lack curiosity and are lazy etc. That's the colonial script you hv believed. I've already told you a self sufficient person (Africa) doesn't need to start colonial wars - only barbarians (Europe) do that due to their poverty.

I was once like you till it clicked one day and I understood what's happening/happened....

Listing the African inventors and philosophers will take too long but over time I will on this thread....just don't hv the time for today but over time I will....
Re: Africa Is Not Primitive, We Just Prefer Our Ways - Charity Ekezie (Video) by BigBashiru: 11:20pm On Jul 03, 2023
VeryStingyMan:

I hope you are not arguing as a competition or as an ego battle. I will only engage if you truly want to know the real truth...the sad thing is the damage that has been done to African minds is extensive; in this vein I agree with you that the africans are a bit too relaxed; they didnt push out their own news media to counter BBC's propaganda.
Re: Africa Is Not Primitive, We Just Prefer Our Ways - Charity Ekezie (Video) by Sladem05: 4:47pm On Jan 10
VeryStingyMan:
undecided

Pan-Africanists continue to lie to themselves in order to justify their centuries of backwardness. Being unambitious ultimately led to the easy colonization by the French and the British and now, more than 60 years after decolonisation, the continent is yet to fix their problems - tribalism, corruption, extreme poverty, incompetent and greedy leadership, lawlessness and severely undereducated masses not to mention the fact that the lack of ambition still plaguing the continent till date.

I mean, why do you live in modern houses and not your "aesthetically appealing" round huts? Why do you use smartphones rather than depend on town criers? You don't prefer your ways, you simply lack the capability to evolve and make it better by yourself!

Think long and hard about this... What do you think any country on the African continent would be able to "bring to the table" in the next 2 centuries? Africans elect populist leaders who have no plan to develop their respective countries and when they're exposed as failures, they suddenly take a pan-Africanist, anti-west stance and soon become continental heroes - like the classic case of Museveni in Uganda.

I'd argue there's more freedom in the west. Hell, there's more freedom in North Korea but ok undecided

I agree with everything you’ve said. Africans are the last people in the world to talk about nature preservation and being connected to nature. Humans in general are killing Gaea. She’s probably really pissed off with everyone living on her at this time. We are all killing the ecosystem. Africa is no different in this regard. Africa is even worse. Most Africans do not care about things like Environmental protection, Nature Preservation, Global Warming and Climate Change. The African Economy is centred on extraction of natural resources which is detrimental to the vitality of our ecosystem.
Africa is very behind on pushing for green energy, and tackling climate change compared to the rest of the world.

Would you rather bathe or drink water from a river in Africa or a developed nation? 😂😂

Compare the air and water quality of Africa to the rest of the world.

It’s hilarious that Afrocentrists/Pan-Africanists bring this up because they know there is nothing else Africa excels in.

Africa is by no means connected to nature when it’s destroying its ecosystem at even quicker rate than the rest of the world.

Re: Africa Is Not Primitive, We Just Prefer Our Ways - Charity Ekezie (Video) by Sladem05: 4:50pm On Jan 10
BigBashiru:

The ambitions of the west has led to the development of their various countries and ease of life in general....

>> it's not a western thing it's a global thing....any ambitious country can succeed in anything. Russia first sent a man to the moon....western europe has not. Madagascar found the cure for covid-19 before western europe...for you to make an informed input you need to visit various African countries....you can't conclude the west is more ambitious than africa based on western media and propaganda....of course they will glorify themselves and say they are more ambitious than you. Every year tens of thousands of Nigerians return back to Nigeria from Europe America etc....they have realized the truth: overall Nigeria and Africa is better.

That's according to the West. For colonization to happen, the colonizers must convince you that they are better than you. In fact, the LIFE of the collective west is dependent on the continued propagation and belief of this theory that Africans lack curiosity, are primitive, are lazy etc. That's why the BBC invests millions of pounds yearly filming poor kids (never mind the same poor kids are found in Budapest, Warsaw, Berlin etc. This is further reinforced in the colonial education curriculum that teaches Mungo Park discovered River Niger....I want to state now that Einstein Faraday and all those scientific laws named after Europeans were either stolen inventions or renamed inventions or claimed inventions. Know this and know peace.... keep an open mind and listen and think about what I just told you. In many cases the western brainwashing is complete and many Africans are permanently mentally enslaved.

At this point I want to draw parallels between colonization of north America and Nigeria/Africa....the British called native Americans savages unable to think, who lack curiosity etc and who needed to be "civilized". After erasing the culture of 150 First nations in Canada thru genocide, forced assimilation etc they came down to Africa around 1856. They repeated the same script here: Nigerians and Africans are savages who need to be civilized who also lack curiosity and are lazy etc. That's the colonial script you hv believed. I've already told you a self sufficient person (Africa) doesn't need to start colonial wars - only barbarians (Europe) do that due to their poverty.

I was once like you till it clicked one day and I understood what's happening/happened....

Listing the African inventors and philosophers will take too long but over time I will on this thread....just don't hv the time for today but over time I will....

Your entire argument doesn’t comport with reality.
More Africans go to the West than Westerners go to Africa.Immigration levels from Africa to the West are at all a time high.

Over 150,000 Nigerians applied for a US Visa 2023
https://punchng.com/over-150000-nigerians-applied-for-us-visa-in-2023-envoy/?amp

In first half of 2023, The UK granted over 130,000 visas to Nigerians.
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/619375-uk-granted-132000-visas-to-nigerians-in-first-half-2023-envoy.html

“In 2021, the migration rate in Nigeria stood at -0.29 per 1,000 population. This means that the number of people leaving Nigeria is slightly higher than that of those entering the country”
Nigerians are definitely trying to JAPA out of that shithole of a country especially now that you people elected a former drug kingpin 😂😂😂 as your president. That’s why developed nations are tightening their immigration laws to curb migration from third world countries like Nigeria.
Africa has always lagged behind the rest of the world. It’s always been way behind European and Asian civilisations.
African nations and philosophers?
Give me African analogues of Einstein,Aristotle, Newton, Charles Darwin.
Outside of the North, Africa has made very little contributions to modern civilisation. Stop deceiving yourself.
Re: Africa Is Not Primitive, We Just Prefer Our Ways - Charity Ekezie (Video) by Sladem05: 5:03pm On Jan 10
YoungLionken:
CNN and BBC have made the Westerners believe that. That's why I hate that useless movie: "Woman King", like why Africa of all places??

People believe that the Westerners are the most educated, but I believe that they're the most ignorant! They still believe that Africa is a country, we wear animal skin as clothes, dwell in mud houses, use bow and arrow as weapons, etc. All thanks to the news media and fake movies...

Africans are the dumbest. I wouldn’t say that most westerners actually believe those African stereotypes actually especially the ones that have travelled more.

Re: Africa Is Not Primitive, We Just Prefer Our Ways - Charity Ekezie (Video) by Sladem05: 6:01pm On Jan 10
BigBashiru:

Nigeria and Africa are better? There is no alternative reality in where what you are saying is true. Offcourse the West is more ambitious than Africa. They explored the world and built modern civilisation.

Madagascar didn’t find the COVID cure before Europe. Its plant based “cure” was even deemed as unsafe by
the WHO.

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/africa/madagascar-slams-who-for-not-endorsing-its-herbal-cure/1836905

Most Russians are obviously white and live on the European side of Russia. In terms of ethnicity/race , Russia is is very much European. Geographically and Politically. The US sent Armstrong to the moon before the Soviets sent a man to space.

It was because of the Germans that the Soviets and Americans got ahead in the space race. Look at Operation Paper Clip and Operation Osoaviakhim
Neil Armstrong was of German and Scottish Descent.

Germany had an invaluable effect on both the USA and USSR. Without Germany, Those programs would not have taken off literally.

It was also Albert Einstein that showed the Americans the formula to create the atomic bomb.

Almost all important innovations, advances in technology were made by European and Asian Civilisations. The Brits were the first country in the world to become industrialised. Europe brought about the scientific revolution, introduced concepts such as capitalism, modernity etc.

Outside of North Africa, Africa has done Bleep all to improve the world.
Re: Africa Is Not Primitive, We Just Prefer Our Ways - Charity Ekezie (Video) by Sladem05: 11:09am On Jan 22
YourNextLevel:
Just say that WE ARE ORGANIC , case closed..

Africa is neither. How can be organic or natural when you’re destroying the nature around you? It’s like saying you have a partner. You have a “connection” to that partner but yet you abuse and insult that person. What kind of connection is that? Africans have a very toxic relationship with nature 😂😂 You can’t love/be connected to something but also killing it at the same time. What kind of love and connection is that? I’m not trying to be an environmentalist. But if you’re going to market your way of life as “natural’. At least take care of the environment. Marketing African lifestyle as natural is delusional. Putting on animal skin instead of clothes is not natural as you’ve had to kill that animal. You can’t kill and love something at the same time.
Re: Africa Is Not Primitive, We Just Prefer Our Ways - Charity Ekezie (Video) by Sladem05: 1:57pm On Apr 28
SIRTee15:

how was the white man able to do all this to aftica. was it because their culture was better or they had advanced technology.
btw u can go and read about the opium war. china didnt use that as an excuse. They realised they were far behind and did everything to catch up.
what did congo do to catch up?

The West contributed to East Asia’s rise. Nixon opened up China. The Americans forced the Japanese out of isolation. East Asians so that the only way to beat the West was to defend themselves against the west was beat them at their own game which was advancing in science and technology. And so they did so. East Asia is the only region of the world that is on par with the West.
Re: Africa Is Not Primitive, We Just Prefer Our Ways - Charity Ekezie (Video) by Sladem05: 2:03pm On Apr 28
SKIBiNSKI:
grin grin grin Really? What an ignorant assertions, the Sudanese have being massarcaring themselves for few weeks now, the congolese are also killing themselves, Africans are claiming refugee and seeking refuges all over Europe. Risking their poor lives swimming across the Atlantic to get away from true freedom in Africa grin grin

What da hell does mother Africa even mean? Does that shit even mean anything?
Indeed, mother Africa is not happy with them. They claim to be “natural” but they are decimating their nature far more than anyone else is.
Re: Africa Is Not Primitive, We Just Prefer Our Ways - Charity Ekezie (Video) by Sladem05: 2:07pm On Apr 28
IboHausaYoruba:
The western world will not respect us and will always see us that way until we are able to sustain and bring values to the table.

Exactly right, who will take Africa seriously like this? 😂😂
Re: Africa Is Not Primitive, We Just Prefer Our Ways - Charity Ekezie (Video) by Sladem05: 2:16pm On Apr 28
[quote author=MarketDispatch post=124080754][/quote]

Facts Africa is “natural” my ass. You can’t kill what your apparently “connected” to

Re: Africa Is Not Primitive, We Just Prefer Our Ways - Charity Ekezie (Video) by Sladem05: 2:28pm On Apr 28
donsufia:
[
Same people are shouting on global warming, green house effects etc. Do Yu think they are happy about their so called development?quote author=YouandiAllofus post=124080565]In a transformative world where technology is solving societal challenges, societies are driven by top notch technology and finding solutions to all human problems in this modern era. It sounds archaic to suggest that one should prefer old ways to new innovative ways

Yeah because the African method is so much better huh? At the least The West is actually making an attempt to take care of its environment. What are Africans doing? There is nothing environmentally friendly about an African Lifestyle. Living in Mud Huts, Wearing Animal Skin is not environmentally friendly at all. People act like as if humans just started screwing around with nature in modern times. That’s not the case. The world has been screwing with the earth ever since the first humans were on earth. Ancient people were not environmentally friendly. Our crimes against the planet did not start in modern times. No, it’s been around since the first humans. Ancient/Primitive people didn’t care about nature. They weren’t aware about those kind of things like before. You think an average Viking or Aztec or Mongol or Roman or Greeks etc cared about the environment like how modern society does? 😂😂
The ancestors of Native Americans decimated much of the wildlife and nature of the Americas, The Ancient Europeans decimated the nature and wilderness of Europe. The same can be said for the ancient peoples of any other part of the world. The difference is that with advancement in science, technology and improvement of education. Humans are much more aware about the impact we have on this planet. The West is way way ahead of Africa in terms of going green. Environmentalism is far far more prevalent in the West than Africa so please shut your mouth. Your clueless.

Re: Africa Is Not Primitive, We Just Prefer Our Ways - Charity Ekezie (Video) by SIRTee15: 2:30pm On Apr 28
Sladem05:

The West contributed to East Asia’s rise. Nixon opened up China. The Americans forced the Japanese out of isolation. East Asians so that the only way to beat the West was to defend themselves against the west was beat them at their own game which was advancing in science and technology. And so they did so. East Asia is the only region of the world that is on par with the West.

So what's stopping Africa from learning science and technology from the west.
Who's stopping us from developing advanced technology.
Despite all the sanctions against Iran, they are almost self sufficient in refining capacity technology in oil and gas; and advanced drone technology.

Libya built the largest underground aqueduct system known to man with local technology at a time they were hardest hit by sanctions.

Sub Sahara africa had never been this sanctioned, so what's stopping us?
Re: Africa Is Not Primitive, We Just Prefer Our Ways - Charity Ekezie (Video) by Sladem05: 2:31pm On Apr 28
SKIBiNSKI:
Sudan and the Congo have being massarcaring their fellow country people unbehalf of the Europeans. Europeans funding and coercing Africans to murder themselves to benefit themselves.

And then they make up rubbish like "cease fire" Africans stops blowing their own country up and killing their fellow citizens for 1 week and then starts again after the so called "cease fire" i mean, if war can be stopped for a week, why can't the war be stopped permanently?

All these chaos are created by the Europeans to keep Africa destroyed, ignorant, poorer, backwards and easy to milk.

Victim mentality will help huh?
Re: Africa Is Not Primitive, We Just Prefer Our Ways - Charity Ekezie (Video) by Sladem05: 2:34pm On Apr 28
alshalz:
You have forgotten,pains,destructions ,deaths etc caused by these technologies. So it's not in all round advantages

So how has African methods done for it with the imsuffering,poverty and so on? Nothing can be perfect you realise? Western Ways are far more sustainable and environmentally friendly. Scandinavian countries are more natural than Africa.
Re: Africa Is Not Primitive, We Just Prefer Our Ways - Charity Ekezie (Video) by Sladem05: 2:42pm On Apr 28
SIRTee15:

So what's stopping Africa from learning science and technology from the west.
Who's stopping us from developing advanced technology.
Despite all the sanctions against Iran, they are almost self sufficient in refining capacity technology in oil and gas; and advanced drone technology.

Libya built the largest underground aqueduct system known to man with local technology at a time they were hardest hit by sanctions.

Sub Sahara africa had never been this sanctioned, so what's stopping us?

1. Traditional Mindset- Not wanting to keep up with the times.

2. Victim Mentality- Blame the West for everything.
Re: Africa Is Not Primitive, We Just Prefer Our Ways - Charity Ekezie (Video) by Sladem05: 3:00pm On Apr 28
olatade:
This is a conversation Africans will never want to have.

It’s why no one takes the continent seriously

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Anambra Is Ancestral Home Of The Igalas / I Would Like To Know Some About Igbo Traditions / Kiswahili Should Be Made The Official African Language

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.