Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,270 members, 7,836,215 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

N1000 Vehicle Proof Of Ownership: Nigerians Reject Newly Imposed Levy - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / N1000 Vehicle Proof Of Ownership: Nigerians Reject Newly Imposed Levy (32629 Views)

States, FRSC To Share N12bn Proof Of Ownership Proceeds, Says Official / FG To Slash Levy On Imported Cars To 5% From 35% / The Cost Of Vehicle Licensing, Change Of Ownership, Registration & Number Plate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N1000 Vehicle Proof Of Ownership: Nigerians Reject Newly Imposed Levy by Popesuccess(m): 5:57pm On Jun 28, 2023
Tntsi:
After acquiring your vehicle licence, and all other documents needed , you come every year to pay to show that you own the vehicle.

Welcome to Renewed extortion, renewed robbery and embezellment of the common man.
Very soon we will be paying to prove our children are ours. The people refused to cut the cost of governance, they are still driving in long convoy, appointing plenty aids, alloting money for themselves as allowances.
Re: N1000 Vehicle Proof Of Ownership: Nigerians Reject Newly Imposed Levy by Cantonese: 5:58pm On Jun 28, 2023
nedekid:

How much is your minimum wage in Saudi. What is the Saudi gdp compared to that of Nigeria. Do you know a full tank of petrol in my car which takes me for 3-4 days is 48-50k after removal of subsidy, yet minimum wage officially in naija is 30k. How many people even earn that 30k.
Go on the street of Nigeria and see the vehicles driven (a way to see how an economy if fairing), all the vehicles are old bangers! Those driving benz think they are doing well, benz of 2010, 12, maybe 2015, most likely accidented imports.
Guy, Nigerians are going through alot now. I see people suffering, trekking from oshodi to iyana ipaja etc daily. Som e have parked their vehicles and only use them on Sundays.
You are lucky to be in Saudi, please never compare Nigerian to that country.
Na joke say Nigeria won the title of poverty capital of the world? Over 100m people introduced to poverty by buhari, in the past 1month, oga, likely another 80million has been added!

The person that you quoted must have been trekking from Oshodi to Iyana Ipaja since the government of Buhari, yet pretending. That's one of the people that we call Bewitched. They are the suffer today, enjoy tomorrow. Suffering is in their DNA.
Re: N1000 Vehicle Proof Of Ownership: Nigerians Reject Newly Imposed Levy by Chosimba: 6:00pm On Jun 28, 2023
Hoelujohn:
It's done all over the world. Let us bear the pains, our children and grandchildren will benefit from the policy later in life. grin

Lies.

There is NO such thing as proof of ownership overseas.

Road tax (car licence)
Insurance
Driver License

FINISH.

No let ignorance kill you

1 Like

Re: N1000 Vehicle Proof Of Ownership: Nigerians Reject Newly Imposed Levy by randymirrors(f): 6:00pm On Jun 28, 2023
Oga Tinubu, you failed on this one o. You can't keep adding to people's expenses in the name of levies and taxation when the burden of fuel price hike is still being felt with no upgrade in income.

Let people enjoy the benefits of your economic policies first before thinking of collecting from them. This is very condemnable, senseless and thoughtless.

1 Like

Re: N1000 Vehicle Proof Of Ownership: Nigerians Reject Newly Imposed Levy by WeirdAlien: 6:00pm On Jun 28, 2023
MXrep:
Ndi IGR have gone National. No nation can tax itself into prosperity. Production is what brings progress not taxation. GDP is the measurement for economic growth, not IGR that increase poverty

Gbam!
Re: N1000 Vehicle Proof Of Ownership: Nigerians Reject Newly Imposed Levy by ShenTeh(m): 6:01pm On Jun 28, 2023
Which Nigerians dey reject? Nigerians don't reject any government policy/decision no matter how Draconian.

Before you know it,we are already making excuses for the government. We are not ready.

Tinubu said a long time ago, "let's reduce the people's purchasing power... Widen the tax net." Nigerians never see anything. APC and tax na 5&6.

You can't tax your population to national prosperity. Poor people don't make a wealthy nation.

1 Like

Re: N1000 Vehicle Proof Of Ownership: Nigerians Reject Newly Imposed Levy by femicyrus(m): 6:05pm On Jun 28, 2023
How much is 1k?
The main problem is the 15k 3rd party insurance.
That is just a free money collected from car owners without any value added.
Government can tax the insurance company 5k on every 15k collected if they really want to tax
Re: N1000 Vehicle Proof Of Ownership: Nigerians Reject Newly Imposed Levy by DatNiggaDaz: 6:06pm On Jun 28, 2023
SKIBiNSKI:
Don't talk rubbish man! I don't pay every years to proof that i own the same car i am driving here in the UK so which all over the world are you yapping about? How many countries have you lived in all over the world?
You are a very wicked man.

You want him to further explain in gazelle garangaja grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: N1000 Vehicle Proof Of Ownership: Nigerians Reject Newly Imposed Levy by ufotunang: 6:09pm On Jun 28, 2023
That is the renewed hope you voted for
Re: N1000 Vehicle Proof Of Ownership: Nigerians Reject Newly Imposed Levy by Freethinker87: 6:09pm On Jun 28, 2023
When a state Governor who didn't build any state owned enterprise brags about increasing IGR. You should ask yourself how he manage to generated the high IGR?

I told you all that this man's idea of generating IGR is simply by taxing individuals and businesses to death but you didn't believe me. We will all experience Lagos under Tinubu together.

Anyways, may this new POC levy favour me and my family.

1 Like

Re: N1000 Vehicle Proof Of Ownership: Nigerians Reject Newly Imposed Levy by ufotunang: 6:09pm On Jun 28, 2023
Nawaoooo... renewed shege
Re: N1000 Vehicle Proof Of Ownership: Nigerians Reject Newly Imposed Levy by gudugudumeje: 6:10pm On Jun 28, 2023
Really.....
Re: N1000 Vehicle Proof Of Ownership: Nigerians Reject Newly Imposed Levy by uniquelyspecial(m): 6:11pm On Jun 28, 2023
WeirdAlien:

Eeyah...
Did they hypnotize you or what?
The president is his tribesman, so nothing can be wrong about a policy by his government.

Pathetic!
Re: N1000 Vehicle Proof Of Ownership: Nigerians Reject Newly Imposed Levy by nedekid: 6:14pm On Jun 28, 2023
Cantonese:

The person that you quoted must have been trekking from Oshodi to Iyana Ipaja since the government of Buhari, yet pretending. That's one of the people that we call Bewitched. They are the suffer today, enjoy tomorrow. Suffering is in their DNA.
Lolz, OK.
Na wah, "suffering is in their dna". grin
Anyway, I hope it is just pretence as it is hard to believe or imagine.
Re: N1000 Vehicle Proof Of Ownership: Nigerians Reject Newly Imposed Levy by Jomonix: 6:17pm On Jun 28, 2023
How about the existing proof of ownership that we have
Re: N1000 Vehicle Proof Of Ownership: Nigerians Reject Newly Imposed Levy by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 6:26pm On Jun 28, 2023
Ruskov:

God will increase you.
I cannot always wait to jeer at the Ronus. They deserve to be taunted daily! grin
See what they turned Nigeria into

Amen and Amen Brother......
Same with you bro....
Is well with those who can be Patience....
Re: N1000 Vehicle Proof Of Ownership: Nigerians Reject Newly Imposed Levy by ultimateprof: 6:30pm On Jun 28, 2023
More are still coming. For I know that Tinubu will be more than Buhari in finishing what is left for him.

1 Like

Re: N1000 Vehicle Proof Of Ownership: Nigerians Reject Newly Imposed Levy by Exceed15: 6:33pm On Jun 28, 2023
Where do you expect him to recover his life resources in pursuit to winning election by force? Una never see anything?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: N1000 Vehicle Proof Of Ownership: Nigerians Reject Newly Imposed Levy by Exceed15: 6:36pm On Jun 28, 2023
Eskis sir, Eskis sir please include my name among APC supporters that will be excluded from this fee. Thank u

1 Like

Re: N1000 Vehicle Proof Of Ownership: Nigerians Reject Newly Imposed Levy by bejeria101(m): 6:36pm On Jun 28, 2023
Chai una criminal president select dun start work grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: N1000 Vehicle Proof Of Ownership: Nigerians Reject Newly Imposed Levy by qtx(m): 6:43pm On Jun 28, 2023
Tntsi:
After acquiring your vehicle licence, and all other documents needed , you come every year to pay to show that you own the vehicle.

Welcome to Renewed extortion, renewed robbery and embezellment of the common man.

Una never see anything. More multiple taxation and levies underway.

1 Like

Re: N1000 Vehicle Proof Of Ownership: Nigerians Reject Newly Imposed Levy by FireUpNow(m): 6:43pm On Jun 28, 2023
Very soon our tv sets, phones and toothpaste will be taxed. Agbado nation over to you.

1 Like

Re: N1000 Vehicle Proof Of Ownership: Nigerians Reject Newly Imposed Levy by Hemeshemeheru(m): 6:48pm On Jun 28, 2023
Your moniker remind me of Daz dillger, aka Nigga Daz in Death Row Records. Daz is credited with aiding the catapult of West Coast and gangsta rap into the mainstream.

Nigga Daz is one half of the rap duo tha Dogg Pound, along with Kurupt. Also Butch Cassidy is another rap legend. grin grin

DatNiggaDaz:
1000 naira is chicken change grin grin
The tinubu will better me & my family's lives crew have special agbado card. "It's none of our business" - emilokans

Dem don hide the thread enter Car section..dem say na car talk Lol grin grin

1 Like

Re: N1000 Vehicle Proof Of Ownership: Nigerians Reject Newly Imposed Levy by MichaelSokoto(m): 6:49pm On Jun 28, 2023
iwaeda:
Nlfpmod, Mynd44, aku odun oo. Kwara dun grin grin grin angry grin
Akun odun?

naxo em take dey talk am?
grin

Re: N1000 Vehicle Proof Of Ownership: Nigerians Reject Newly Imposed Levy by Basicend: 6:52pm On Jun 28, 2023
It's getting too much for Tinubu and his wicked inhumane policies.

Imagine increasing fuel price from #175 to #530 per litre. . Dollar from #465 to #770. . Yet Nigerians still chilled and calmed down for him thinking they have a reasonable leader. .

Then he went to educational sector, electricity , professional and many others. . What a effontary?

Whereas, he has stocked and still keep stockpiling billions of naira and dollars so that him and his loved will even feel anything. .

The way God will judge all this oppressors ehh....

2 Likes

Re: N1000 Vehicle Proof Of Ownership: Nigerians Reject Newly Imposed Levy by MichaelSokoto(m): 6:54pm On Jun 28, 2023
d irony here is dat most of u don't know dat majority of d Yorubas didn't support nor vote for Tinubu.
Tinubu forced himself on them.

cool

1 Like

Re: N1000 Vehicle Proof Of Ownership: Nigerians Reject Newly Imposed Levy by Basicend: 6:54pm On Jun 28, 2023
She in dey blame Buhari and Osibanjo. .

Atleast, those ones where still trying to subsidize everything for the masses. . So they can still breathe. .
Re: N1000 Vehicle Proof Of Ownership: Nigerians Reject Newly Imposed Levy by AfonjaPriest: 7:06pm On Jun 28, 2023
It didn't start today. Tinubu agbero associates have been imposing hardship vehicle levies on hapless lagosians since ancient of time.
Re: N1000 Vehicle Proof Of Ownership: Nigerians Reject Newly Imposed Levy by Pwettylinda(f): 7:06pm On Jun 28, 2023
Hoelujohn:
It's done all over the world. Let us bear the pains, our children and grandchildren will benefit from the policy later in life. grin

The hungry man defender cheesy
Re: N1000 Vehicle Proof Of Ownership: Nigerians Reject Newly Imposed Levy by Iwonttell(m): 7:12pm On Jun 28, 2023
[quote author=LOVEGINO post=124091087] since 2015 I never renew both my vehicle paper & driver license. Dem dey
learn work.[/quo

Funny enough anytime you go to renew the vehicle papers your are going to pay for all the years you skiped before they issue a new one..
Re: N1000 Vehicle Proof Of Ownership: Nigerians Reject Newly Imposed Levy by texazzpete(m): 7:13pm On Jun 28, 2023
Hoelujohn:

You’ve never traveled out of Nigeria before, have you?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The 1936 Bugatti Type 57sc: Is This The Most Beautiful Car In The World? / Serious Accident Around Ojodu Berger (just After Mobil Petrol Station) / Kia Unveils The All-New 2018 Kia Sportage SUV Proudly Assembled In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.