Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,967 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:15 AM

Other Than Linkedin, Please How Do You Get Tech Jobs - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Other Than Linkedin, Please How Do You Get Tech Jobs (2826 Views)

Other Than Linkedin Where Can I Apply For Jobs / Thread For International Remote Tech Jobs - US, UK, Canada, Germany, UAE... / Why We Should All Be Productized(how To Get Tech/creatives Paid) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Other Than Linkedin, Please How Do You Get Tech Jobs by Westwood2580: 12:47pm On Jul 02, 2023
qtguru:

Picking a scarce skill helps, what's your skill ?
Boss is project management an in demand skills because i intend to transition from customer service industry to project management. I have done some Google search but i still need a personal suggestions if a project manager can work remotely.
Re: Other Than Linkedin, Please How Do You Get Tech Jobs by qtguru(m): 1:02pm On Jul 02, 2023
Westwood2580:
Boss is project management an in demand skills because i intend to transition from customer service industry to project management. I have done some Google search but i still need a personal suggestions if a project manager can work remotely.

There's gig for customer service along with VA skills issue with Project manager is showcasing your portfolio , it would mean having work experience to back it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Other Than Linkedin, Please How Do You Get Tech Jobs by Westwood2580: 1:40pm On Jul 02, 2023
qtguru:

There's gig for customer service along with VA skills issue with Project manager is showcasing your portfolio , it would mean having work experience to back it.
Yes i know there are jobs in customer service industry but i want something entirely different. Though I'm still exploring which skills i should pick up and master. I have the following skills in mind
Project management
Product management
Cybersecurity
Devops but i want to ask people who are already in the tech industry to help me make a good decision. I'm more concerned about that has open roles for entry level. Well, thank you for your time but if anything you might still want to add. I'm very open to hear and learn. Your opinion is high valuable to me.
Re: Other Than Linkedin, Please How Do You Get Tech Jobs by qtguru(m): 2:02pm On Jul 02, 2023
Westwood2580:

Yes i know there are jobs in customer service industry but i want something entirely different. Though I'm still exploring which skills i should pick up and master. I have the following skills in mind
Project management
Product management
Cybersecurity
Devops but i want to ask people who are already in the tech industry to help me make a good decision. I'm more concerned about that has open roles for entry level. Well, thank you for your time but if anything you might still want to add. I'm very open to hear and learn. Your opinion is high valuable to me.

I think the issue is we have with freelance is that we look at it with a professional lens, freelance gigs, the weirdest gigs could make you money, there's a Nigerian who setups Zoom Conferences and makes money. So I don't think it needs to be tech, it just needs to be a niche.

I'd say try and look at some platforms skills on the side.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Other Than Linkedin, Please How Do You Get Tech Jobs by airsaylongcome: 4:28pm On Jul 02, 2023
Westwood2580:

I saw your comment that you aren’t interested in Customer Support roles. But you’d be surprised to find out that your experience in Customer Service makes you a very good fit for Customer Support roles. You can pick up remote Customer Support roles, earn in FX and use that earning to finance your PM or whatever training you have interest in.

1 Like

Re: Other Than Linkedin, Please How Do You Get Tech Jobs by Ayrastarr(f): 4:33pm On Jul 02, 2023
airsaylongcome:

I saw your comment that you aren’t interested in Customer Support roles. But you’d be surprised to find out that your experience in Customer Service makes you a very good fit for Customer Support roles. You can pick up remote Customer Support roles, earn in FX and use that earning to finance your PM or whatever training you have interest in.

Hello Airsaylongcome.

How do one start the customer support role?
What courses can one take?
Re: Other Than Linkedin, Please How Do You Get Tech Jobs by airsaylongcome: 5:53pm On Jul 02, 2023
Ayrastarr:

Hello Airsaylongcome.

How do one start the customer support role?
What courses can one take?

I don't know of any general purpose Customer Support training. For total newbies to Tech/IT Support roles, I often recommend Google's IT Support training on Coursera

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Other Than Linkedin, Please How Do You Get Tech Jobs by Westwood2580: 6:50pm On Jul 02, 2023
airsaylongcome:

Thank you for your input and suggestions. I'm currently enrolled to Google project management but just need some advice concerning job availability for an entry role.
Re: Other Than Linkedin, Please How Do You Get Tech Jobs by Westwood2580: 6:53pm On Jul 02, 2023
qtguru:

I think the issue is we have with freelance is that we look at it with a professional lens, freelance gigs, the weirdest gigs could make you money, there's a Nigerian who setups Zoom Conferences and makes money. So I don't think it needs to be tech, it just needs to be a niche.

I'd say try and look at some platforms skills on the side.

Thank you for your advice. Though I'm currently enrolled in google project management just more curious to know the job availability for the skills to break especially for an entry level. I don't mind to undergo internship just to get a firsthand experience after the professional program.
Re: Other Than Linkedin, Please How Do You Get Tech Jobs by airsaylongcome: 6:57pm On Jul 02, 2023
Westwood2580:

Thank you for your input and suggestions. I'm currently enrolled to Google project management but just need some advice concerning job availability for an entry role.

If your Customer Service role has been in a somewhat technical role, you have the basics to get started. You just need to hunt. Crossover.com has entry level technical support roles starting at $15k/year. That figure is down from the $30k they used to offer, mostly because of the downturn in the global economy. Assuming you can scale the screening stage, ₦937,500 per month isn't particularly a bad start while you save and undergo your Project Management training

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Other Than Linkedin, Please How Do You Get Tech Jobs by Westwood2580: 6:50am On Jul 03, 2023
airsaylongcome:

If your Customer Service role has been in a somewhat technical role, you have the basics to get started. You just need to hunt. Crossover.com has entry level technical support roles starting at $15k/year. That figure is down from the $30k they used to offer, mostly because of the downturn in the global economy. Assuming you can scale the screening stage, ₦937,500 per month isn't particularly a bad start while you save and undergo your Project Management training
Thank you boss for your advice i really appreciate your time and suggestions
Re: Other Than Linkedin, Please How Do You Get Tech Jobs by Emeraldfynest(m): 9:27pm On Jul 04, 2023
Qtguru do I need to be a Senior to get into Andela as a UI/UX Designer? Seems they hire mostly Devs right?
Re: Other Than Linkedin, Please How Do You Get Tech Jobs by qtguru(m): 9:43pm On Jul 04, 2023
Emeraldfynest:
Qtguru do I need to be a Senior to get into Andela as a UI/UX Designer? Seems they hire mostly Devs right?

UI/UX jobs are hard to find for Andela designers,

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Other Than Linkedin, Please How Do You Get Tech Jobs by Emeraldfynest(m): 11:04am On Jul 05, 2023
Alright thank you. Seems another talent pipeline like Toptal is more feasible then.
qtguru:

UI/UX jobs are hard to find for Andela designers,
Re: Other Than Linkedin, Please How Do You Get Tech Jobs by Bade007: 7:51am On Jul 06, 2023
qtguru:
Freelance gig Upwork. when you apply on LinkedIn, go the company website to apply or reach out to the Talent Recruiter.

There are other job boards, but Upworks has served me well so far
boss i've gotten a gig on Upwork thanks
Re: Other Than Linkedin, Please How Do You Get Tech Jobs by qtguru(m): 8:08am On Jul 06, 2023
Bade007:
boss i've gotten a gig on Upwork thanks

You owe the boss a bottle of heineken. wink Congrats sir

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Other Than Linkedin, Please How Do You Get Tech Jobs by Westwood2580: 11:33am On Jul 08, 2023
airsaylongcome:

Happy weekend Boss! Please i have a question to ask you concerning how to get a job that required US work authorization. I find a job I'm good fit for but the barrier now is work authorization. Have you ever gotten a job that required work authorization. If yes, how do you go about it. Thanks
Re: Other Than Linkedin, Please How Do You Get Tech Jobs by airsaylongcome: 12:58pm On Jul 08, 2023
Westwood2580:
Happy weekend Boss! Please i have a question to ask you concerning how to get a job that required US work authorization. I find a job I'm good fit for but the barrier now is work authorization. Have you ever gotten a job that required work authorization. If yes, how do you go about it. Thanks

Work authorization means Work permit. If a job requires Work authorization, then you do not qualify for it as you do not have a US Work permit. You have to be in the US and legally hold a Work permit to apply for those jobs. What you should be looking for are 1099 also called Independent Contractor roles
Re: Other Than Linkedin, Please How Do You Get Tech Jobs by demanuel(m): 3:52pm On Jul 08, 2023
qtguru:

You owe the boss a bottle of heineken. wink Congrats sir
I saw your post where wrote about a laptop you sent to someone for coding. I can't quote you there, hence I came here.
If I may ask, what brand of laptop is it that can last that long? Which would you recommend? I am into data analysis
Re: Other Than Linkedin, Please How Do You Get Tech Jobs by qtguru(m): 3:56pm On Jul 08, 2023
demanuel:

I saw your post where wrote about a laptop you sent to someone for coding. I can't quote you there, hence I came here.
If I may ask, what brand of laptop is it that can last that long? Which would you recommend? I am into data analysis

Acer , I'd recommend ThinkPad with double cell battery
Re: Other Than Linkedin, Please How Do You Get Tech Jobs by demanuel(m): 4:39pm On Jul 08, 2023
qtguru:

Acer , I'd recommend ThinkPad with double cell battery
Does Acer have Thinkpad? And do you have a trusted dealer I can reach out to when I want to get it?
Re: Other Than Linkedin, Please How Do You Get Tech Jobs by qtguru(m): 4:58pm On Jul 08, 2023
demanuel:

Does Acer have Thinkpad? And do you have a trusted dealer I can reach out to when I want to get it?

Lenovo ThinkPad. the name of the laptop I bought is Acer not Thinkpad
Re: Other Than Linkedin, Please How Do You Get Tech Jobs by Westwood2580: 11:31am On Jul 09, 2023
airsaylongcome:

Work authorization means Work permit. If a job requires Work authorization, then you do not qualify for it as you do not have a US Work permit. You have to be in the US and legally hold a Work permit to apply for those jobs. What you should be looking for are 1099 also called Independent Contractor roles
Happy sunday boss! Thank you for the quick response and I'm sorry for late reply. Thank you for your input.
Re: Other Than Linkedin, Please How Do You Get Tech Jobs by qtguru(m): 8:56am On Jul 11, 2023
Maclink288:
Mine is mostly via referrals oh, that's why it's good to always grow your network.

Just do the following:

- Start attending tech events
- Post your works across different platforms including WhatsApp status(You don't know who is watching)
- Join communities and also contribute.

I have gotten a gig here on Nairaland though it's just one.

Hi pls reach out. I want to recommend you for a project.
Re: Other Than Linkedin, Please How Do You Get Tech Jobs by Maclink288: 10:15am On Jul 11, 2023
qtguru:

Hi pls reach out. I want to recommend you for a project.

Thanks you. I've sent a PM
Re: Other Than Linkedin, Please How Do You Get Tech Jobs by qtguru(m): 10:23am On Jul 11, 2023
Maclink288:

Thanks you. I've sent a PM

Great profile, you don't get gigs on Upworks ? I have sent it, let's talk later
Re: Other Than Linkedin, Please How Do You Get Tech Jobs by Maclink288: 10:31am On Jul 11, 2023
qtguru:

Great profile, you don't get gigs on Upworks ? I have sent it, let's talk later
Thank you very much.
I have been on Upwork for a while but gigs aren't forthcoming. I just get gigs via referrals these days.
Re: Other Than Linkedin, Please How Do You Get Tech Jobs by qtguru(m): 10:34am On Jul 11, 2023
Maclink288:

Thank you very much.
I have been on Upwork for a while but gigs aren't forthcoming. I just get gigs via referrals these days.

We will get on a call later
Re: Other Than Linkedin, Please How Do You Get Tech Jobs by Maclink288: 10:36am On Jul 11, 2023
qtguru:

We will get on a call later
Okay.
Re: Other Than Linkedin, Please How Do You Get Tech Jobs by adeyod(m): 5:56pm On Jul 11, 2023
Good evening my senior developer colleagues in the building. Please your boy is in need of job or internship opportunities. I have better understanding of HTML, CSS, JavaScript, nodejs, expressjs, ejs, mongodb, react, antd, bootstrap and tailwind CSS
Re: Other Than Linkedin, Please How Do You Get Tech Jobs by DyingFetus: 7:37pm On Dec 28, 2023
adeyod:
Good evening my senior developer colleagues in the building. Please your boy is in need of job or internship opportunities. I have better understanding of HTML, CSS, JavaScript, nodejs, expressjs, ejs, mongodb, react, antd, bootstrap and tailwind CSS

No job for you

Learn the right skill, you're better off with C# or Asp. Net

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Latest Nigeria Social Network Site 2017 / Which Php Framework Do You Use? / Array Of Countries And Cities In Php

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.