Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,293 members, 7,811,880 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:02 PM

Arsenal Reach Agreement To Sign Declan Rice From West Ham For £105m - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Arsenal Reach Agreement To Sign Declan Rice From West Ham For £105m (18372 Views)

Arsenal Reach £45m Agreement With Man City For Gabriel Jesus / Arsenal Reach Agreement With Real Madrid To Sign Martin Odegaard On Loan / Juventus Completes Signing Of Cristiano Ronaldo For £105m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Reach Agreement To Sign Declan Rice From West Ham For £105m by Angelfrost(m): 2:36pm On Jun 29, 2023
dfrost:

You won't just leave us alone. Arsenal matter, still stray bullet from you didn't waste angry

Hehehehe...! grin grin grin

I just dey report things the way I see them na!

I want a tougher EPL title chase this coming season! At least a table that should finish like the following:

Man City/Arsenal
Arsenal/Man City
Liverpool
Man United

That would be a great season indeed!

Unfortunately, you guys might not even finish top 4 at this rate... Glazers wan finish the club patapata!!! There was a massive protest from fans recently!
Re: Arsenal Reach Agreement To Sign Declan Rice From West Ham For £105m by achimendy(m): 2:37pm On Jun 29, 2023
BabaCommander:
Buy Rice with £105m? shocked cheesy cheesy How much are they going to use to buy Meat? Tomatoes don cost too... Hian!

Hahahahahahahaha
Re: Arsenal Reach Agreement To Sign Declan Rice From West Ham For £105m by Slynation(m): 2:40pm On Jun 29, 2023
oyatainer:

Must their misfortunes always be linked to Man City?
Arsenal have tabled two offers close to 100 million pounds before Man City surfaced with 85. Arsenal outbid and got their player signed. How is that Man City's fault. When Gudogan gone and Silva is preparing to leave, Man City should not aspire for good thing again because Arsenal are in the market? Do you know how many players City haveost because of big spending power of Man United and Chelsea? Players like Sanchez, Fred, Jorginho, Maguire, Cucurella had their hear set on Man City before Man United and Chelsea bullied them out of the deal.
Lol... I guess we ain't on the same page, your assessment is completely off the hook, I'm not laying blames on anybody bro... cheesy
Re: Arsenal Reach Agreement To Sign Declan Rice From West Ham For £105m by Osilama1: 2:43pm On Jun 29, 2023
Nyanabo:
In principle. I loved how Chelsea and Man city both pulled out of the running.

Normally rice should not even get more than 70m price tag. But hey English players are overpriced. I hope he doesn't end up like Maguire and grealish. Though this past season grealish had a little above average season.
when u have club and invested in players sell them cheap u here... Football is business and west Ham cashed out on their player since they can't keep him for Long Time...
Re: Arsenal Reach Agreement To Sign Declan Rice From West Ham For £105m by Osilama1: 2:47pm On Jun 29, 2023
Opanka44:

You guys like complaining a lot. If ARSENAL doesn't spend, you complain. You call Dem stingy and lacking ambition to win silverwares. If they now spend, you still insult them by saying they waste money a lot. What exactly do u guys want pls? The market is already highly inflated and Arsenal is following the trend. You can't fault them. A lot of factors come into play when signing a player. For your info, Declan Rice is way ahead of Caicedo. We've seen Rice perform for westham and England for many years but same cannot be said of Caicedo. You only talk of ill of Rice because of your hate for British players, u feel they are over hyped. Rice is a British player, he satisfies the Home grown quota system, he is young(24yrs) and not forgetting the Tax system in England. All these play a part in the deal
u de mind them they keep shouting English players are overhyped... Like lampard Terry Joe cole Harry Kane nobi English stars... Besides Rice is an important player for west Ham and that's his release clause on his contract... Shebi we de see how benfica sells players to... Football is business... Let any club bid for osihmen and see whether Napoli owner ll sell for 120m self

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Reach Agreement To Sign Declan Rice From West Ham For £105m by schoolboymatt(m): 2:52pm On Jun 29, 2023
I talk am!
Re: Arsenal Reach Agreement To Sign Declan Rice From West Ham For £105m by Osilama1: 2:53pm On Jun 29, 2023
Seunfretty:
The people saying Rice is good has a point....but wat they don't really clear is...what is he good at...he is ok defensively but Asides that Rice is not better than ndidi of Nigeria ..to play in a top team in modern football u have to have a better technicality as a DM ..that's wat makes likes of Casemiro better...

Rice doesn't score goals ..he isn't even s good ball passer...Mikel during is years was a DM most times but he was a better ball passer than this present Rice...i watch him again and again for england and wat does he do in possession...pass the ball to the defence or the next person...nothing comes out of the box than the basics...

Is nice partey is playing cos he is a far better player than rice even while they are a little different in type...partey is physical...and can play in multiple roles...

And for those saying Rice is better than Caicedo ..u must be kidding ...Moises is better technically than rice ...he can pass the ball better ..use his physicality to get the ball past people...he can play other roles in the midfield ...Rice can only play as a DM...

And for 105million...Omo ..he isn't even a 80 million player
if ndidi is better why are clubs not bidding for him nobi same EPL e de?? U guys just like to run down English players... If u be club owner u ll just sell ur prize assets for cheap abi .. ?? Jude Bellingham left England second division to Dortmund at 15m pounds small in market eyes but huge for Birmingham City... Dortmund has sold him close to 100m imagine the profit... Declan rice is a product of West Ham academy... Did u Kno how much west Ham invested in nurturing him and others at the academy..

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Reach Agreement To Sign Declan Rice From West Ham For £105m by Henz81: 2:57pm On Jun 29, 2023
Freshtruth:
who bro?
4th. 171.8m
Re: Arsenal Reach Agreement To Sign Declan Rice From West Ham For £105m by Henz81: 2:58pm On Jun 29, 2023
oyatainer:

Who was the second highest spender then if not Arsenal that spent 190 million pounds in Summer and 60 million pounds in January?

Do your research before you respond. Arsenal bought Trossard, Jorvinho and that Poland defender with about sixty million pounds or more in spite of Zichenco, Jesus and others they bought in Summer totalling 190
Arsenal spent 171.8m last season.
Re: Arsenal Reach Agreement To Sign Declan Rice From West Ham For £105m by Soulsymbol99: 3:21pm On Jun 29, 2023
So this guy chose arsenal over man city. Is like he doesn't need trophies
Re: Arsenal Reach Agreement To Sign Declan Rice From West Ham For £105m by amoreobansu: 3:46pm On Jun 29, 2023
ArchiLimited:
West Ham just cashed out. Simple

Arsenal, since we now have Rice, please help us with the signing of Beans as his midfield partner. So that our midfield will be solid and impenetrable.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Reach Agreement To Sign Declan Rice From West Ham For £105m by Draslo(m): 3:52pm On Jun 29, 2023
Kennyking1234:
Odumodu Blavk helped this guy career. If not for that song.
It's the other way round

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Reach Agreement To Sign Declan Rice From West Ham For £105m by oyatainer(m): 3:52pm On Jun 29, 2023
stanbright:
partey was bough 2020 mr I too know.you no be arsenal fan you won drag arsenal with me
Tomiyasu was bought 20million
Arsenal expenses was not more than 100million.now calculate for other clubs,you no sabi football you no go go watch BBN

Tell me how Turner, Viera, Marquino, Trossard, Jorjoinho, Kwior and Odegard himself got to Arsenal and how much. After Chelsea was Arsenal and followed by Man United. Your failure to win league was not because you didn't spend money but it was because you preferred quantity over quality which is what Arteta is correcting now. Last year was even better. Year before last was the worst when Arsenal bought fringe players like Tomiyasu, Tierney, Tavarez, Lokonga and others only to be knocked out of top four at the end

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Reach Agreement To Sign Declan Rice From West Ham For £105m by vickydevoka(m): 3:57pm On Jun 29, 2023
Kennyking1234:
Odumodu Blavk helped this guy career. If not for that song.
See mumu talk
Re: Arsenal Reach Agreement To Sign Declan Rice From West Ham For £105m by Osariemen12: 4:03pm On Jun 29, 2023
Will it stop Manchester United from beating them? Definitely NO.
Re: Arsenal Reach Agreement To Sign Declan Rice From West Ham For £105m by oyatainer(m): 4:05pm On Jun 29, 2023
Slynation:
Lol... I guess we ain't on the same page, your assessment is completely off the hook, I'm not laying blames on anybody bro... cheesy

Why won't it be off the hook when I didn't join you to say that Man City made Westaham if late the price of players. Or I didn't believe in your analogy that Man City made Jorginho, Cucurella, Sanchez, Maguire, Fred tough for them. It is true that team bully City not yhe other way round but everyone just accept it when they don't have fans and reasonable legends like others.
Re: Arsenal Reach Agreement To Sign Declan Rice From West Ham For £105m by extol1(m): 4:14pm On Jun 29, 2023
Angelfrost:
Finally! Congrats to the Gunners!

That midfield is finally locked down!

The coming season is gonna be an interesting one...! Man United should sort out their Ownership Mess/Saga, and go buy their needed reinforcements!

Let's have a 4-horse race for a change!!! cool
Those Glazer's family are not ready to sell Man united, they may drag it to next season. Sincerely how I wish Man united can get Caicedo and Mount, then welcome back Greenwood
Re: Arsenal Reach Agreement To Sign Declan Rice From West Ham For £105m by stanbright(m): 4:17pm On Jun 29, 2023
undecided
oyatainer:

Tell me how Turner, Viera, Marquino, Trossard, Jorjoinho, Kwior and Odegard himself got to Arsenal and how much. After Chelsea was Arsenal and followed by Man United. Your failure to win league was not because you didn't spend money but it was because you preferred quantity over quality which is what Arteta is correcting now. Last year was even better. Year before last was the worst when Arsenal bought fringe players like Tomiyasu, Tierney, Tavarez, Lokonga and others only to be knocked out of top four at the end
for how much compared to the ofhers,Tomiyasu,traverez and lokonga was 60million.compare it to ther team.Did your club win the league
Manu signed Anthony 100million and casemiro 60million last season and you are here saying rubbish.How much did Liverpool buy Nunez and Diaz?

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Reach Agreement To Sign Declan Rice From West Ham For £105m by oyatainer(m): 4:25pm On Jun 29, 2023
Seunfretty:
....I stopped reading your post immediately i saw u saying Rice is a technical player...bros u fall hand....let me shock u the days of the Orthodox no6 is getting obsolete gradually and that's wat Rice is....people no prefer players who have physicality and can still player as "Registre" kind of midfielder ...someone who can do the "la pausa" and " la película" ...someone who is great with one touch football

Rice is not even in that league...he is an orthodox kinda 6 ....like Ndidi...Gueye...who does almost nothing than win ball then pass to the nearest team mate ...the requirement for playing in font of the defence is now more than that...

You can check stat Rice isn't good with passes ..he doesn't have a football brain to tick things in the middle all u see is sideways pass...i understand some coaches want physicality but there are players who has the blend of that and have the nick pass...the one touch ball and other things and can spread the ball around from basr....Rice isn't in that league bro. .

Look around u ...how many coaches or top team in Europe do u see still playing with the orthodox No6 who is only a hard marker and nothing much after than....kimmich....Rodri...bouquet...verrati and more ..

You are buttressing the point I made. Take it to anywhere, Rice uses ball more than Partey. That's what Arteta is trying to do. You can play that pattern without a ball user who can stay on the ball for long to draw opponents. Rice does that well, better than Partey.

You are funny, you stopped where is said something but your respond capture every areas I touched.

Technically leave it or take it, Rice is more technical than Xhaka and Partey. Most of you that watch him judge him by only his performance when Westham is playing big teams where midfielders do more marking than holding ball. Rice will ball. He hold ball and move past players with ball which only few midfielders can do. If you read my comments very well you will see where I said that players like Busquet, Rodri, Jorginho are technical. That's to tell you that I am aware of the fact that football is not all about tackles all the time. Stability in midfield is the key which physical midfielders cannot give you.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Reach Agreement To Sign Declan Rice From West Ham For £105m by bluefilm: 4:32pm On Jun 29, 2023
Seunfretty:
The people saying Rice is good has a point....but wat they don't really clear is...what is he good at...he is ok defensively but Asides that Rice is not better than ndidi of Nigeria ..to play in a top team in modern football u have to have a better technicality as a DM ..that's wat makes likes of Casemiro better...

Rice doesn't score goals ..he isn't even s good ball passer...Mikel during is years was a DM most times but he was a better ball passer than this present Rice...i watch him again and again for england and wat does he do in possession...pass the ball to the defence or the next person...nothing comes out of the box than the basics...

Is nice partey is playing cos he is a far better player than rice even while they are a little different in type...partey is physical...and can play in multiple roles...

And for those saying Rice is better than Caicedo ..u must be kidding ...Moises is better technically than rice ...he can pass the ball better ..use his physicality to get the ball past people...he can play other roles in the midfield ...Rice can only play as a DM...

And for 105million...Omo ..he isn't even a 80 million player

Na mancity force arsenal into buying that Rice, if not me I no even see wetin that Rice abi Beans dey play sef wey make am to worth that much.
Re: Arsenal Reach Agreement To Sign Declan Rice From West Ham For £105m by Ogarexmas: 5:23pm On Jun 29, 2023
Osilama1:
if ndidi is better why are clubs not bidding for him nobi same EPL e de?? U guys just like to run down English players... If u be club owner u ll just sell ur prize assets for cheap abi .. ?? Jude Bellingham left England second division to Dortmund at 15m pounds small in market eyes but huge for Birmingham City... Dortmund has sold him close to 100m imagine the profit... Declan rice is a product of West Ham academy... Did u Kno how much west Ham invested in nurturing him and others at the academy..

For your information Declan Rice is a product of Chelsea's academy
Re: Arsenal Reach Agreement To Sign Declan Rice From West Ham For £105m by Arabk25: 5:39pm On Jun 29, 2023
Though rice is a very good player but he's not worth that money truth be told
Re: Arsenal Reach Agreement To Sign Declan Rice From West Ham For £105m by princeade86(m): 5:40pm On Jun 29, 2023
Smooyis:

Good but you cannot know better than the club scouts. They know what they need.
not all of them know best player. Just like Madrid on hazard deal.
Re: Arsenal Reach Agreement To Sign Declan Rice From West Ham For £105m by Arabk25: 5:41pm On Jun 29, 2023
Ogarexmas:

Yes very true he's a product of Chelsea academy
Re: Arsenal Reach Agreement To Sign Declan Rice From West Ham For £105m by Arabk25: 5:46pm On Jun 29, 2023
Man city is just playing minds game they never had the intentions in signing this rice guy they just pushed arsenal into spending huge sum of money rice is not even a £60m player. Man city are criminals
Re: Arsenal Reach Agreement To Sign Declan Rice From West Ham For £105m by Tiheanacho(m): 5:46pm On Jun 29, 2023
City is jx begin careful because of the FFP rules. In a very good day, city go buy am about right
Re: Arsenal Reach Agreement To Sign Declan Rice From West Ham For £105m by chiefolododo(m): 6:07pm On Jun 29, 2023
DimIsaac10:
Wisdom bro
Thank youo
Re: Arsenal Reach Agreement To Sign Declan Rice From West Ham For £105m by Osilama1: 7:11pm On Jun 29, 2023
Ogarexmas:

stop ur ignorance he is product of West Ham academy... At least use Google u hear...
Re: Arsenal Reach Agreement To Sign Declan Rice From West Ham For £105m by dfrost: 8:20pm On Jun 29, 2023
Angelfrost:

Hehehehe...! grin grin grin

I just dey report things the way I see them na!

I want a tougher EPL title chase this coming season! At least a table that should finish like the following:

Man City/Arsenal
Arsenal/Man City
Liverpool
Man United

That would be a great season indeed!

Unfortunately, you guys might not even finish top 4 at this rate... Glazers wan finish the club patapata!!! There was a massive protest from fans recently!

Baba the matter tire person. No movement sef for transfer market.
Re: Arsenal Reach Agreement To Sign Declan Rice From West Ham For £105m by Dyfynezz12(m): 10:04pm On Jun 29, 2023
[quote author=Joshrob post=124104232]

Keep saying rubbish.. That's how you guys are praising Yves Bissouma before he moved to Tottenham. Some you even insult arteta and edu because of Yves Bissouma. Where's he today?..
Can't even start for Tottenham.
Rice is the perfect midfielder for arsenal, he can play xhaka position perfectly and can also stand for partey whenever he's injured.
He's also an home grown player.
[/quote He can't play xhaka position perfectly how many goals did he score last season compared to Xhaka.Rice is a defensive midfielder he has even played more games as a centre back compared to the number of games he has played in that Xhaka role.
Re: Arsenal Reach Agreement To Sign Declan Rice From West Ham For £105m by jzimchi: 11:03pm On Jun 29, 2023
They will akways have something negative to say about Arsenal . People just create demons in their skulls and begin to fight them .. 😤.
Probably this negative energy keeps you all juiced up
ravensckar:
All these one na initial gra gra. Even with all the signings, them no go still win spoon. It's Arsenal's destiny to always 'nearly' win but never actually win.

Arsenal fans, avoid me please. I get hot temper o.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Arsenal Reach Agreement To Sign Declan Rice From West Ham For £105m by Mikekan30: 12:57am On Jun 30, 2023
I know alot of you rivals fans are crying and choking on your pain and vomit is okay, I understand the pain you all are going through......

Last season we did not have enough squad depth after a performance of 90% but this season we are building from where we left off by strengthen our squad and again challenge for the league title! enough of Mancity's dominance....

In this we are renewing our players who had a year or two contracts with a long terms and options of extending with increased wages..

We needed a defensive Mid-fielder, a CB/RB who is versatile and of course a wide winger and so far Arsenal has identified their prospect and negotiated and gotten them already, that's why the Club is prepared to pay any amount for their targets! So stop questioning, stop crying, so comparing, its not your Money!

Kai Havertz - wide winger/
Declan Rice- defensive Mid-fielder
Jurrien Timber- CB/RB

We always do our best earlier to train and interpret our tactics to our new recruits this why we performed extremely good last season, from pre season we were on fire till the league started but

Here Pained and Jealous fans are crying...

Chelsea fans this season you will continue to suffer because you and your owners are not prepared always living on delusion, Selling players without replacing them with quality, new coach every season, new players when will they blend, will the league wait for you to blend? Your stupidity will be in full blown swing by September when the UEFA Champions league group stages begins you will suddenly realise you have been lost in a pit all along. E never clear una mumu eye.

For Manchester United fans, your owners are confused on who they want to sell their fathers precious club to? Given your coach only £150million for the summer in a demanding season when you have difficult engagement this season, hahahahahaha I laugh at you better be serious the league is more challenging and difficult now.

For Manchester City fans you guys have a big sugar daddy who coats you with every sugar with a brilliant manager whose mentality is sharp and fertile, keep enjoying the dominance but your time of struggle will come and you will be smacked that fines you have been avoiding and bribing all this year's breaching rules and regulations feeling you are invincible. Time will catch with you.

For Liverpool fans keep sleeping and then suddenly wake up to see that you have been crawling than working, Your coach is out of his Mojo's guess his tactics are outdated now. This season will be more demanding sit up.

Hope you all don't cry on any team who will be performing well, because "the earlier the better".

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jay Jay Okocha - The World's Greatest Football Wizard (video) / Mikel, Iheanacho, Musa Make CAF Player Of The Year Shortlist / UK Pool Week 31 Banker Draws!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.