Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,215 members, 7,829,357 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:38 AM

Please What Can I Do At This Stage? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please What Can I Do At This Stage? (2350 Views)

What Is Next When A Marriage Reach This Stage? / Can I Give Up The Marriage At This Stage..pls Advise Needed / How Does It Really Get To This Stage In Marriage?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please What Can I Do At This Stage? by NoToPile: 3:57pm On Jun 30, 2023
NigeriaIsGreat:
you maybe right Op should not call out the king on radio station or social media. The king might come for him later but you see that your last paragraph, it's wrong. You hardly can get a reasonable job in this country without knowing someone. Only few lucky ones might be exempted. I know someone who said he got his appointment letter in a multinational company in his bedroom grin

This country no be am again bro.

Tell me it's a lie shocked
Re: Please What Can I Do At This Stage? by NoToPile: 3:58pm On Jun 30, 2023
UnfairLife7:
They do that very well for full staff also. I may not have the experience for that of Nestle but I've had the experience in the financial sector as a full staff. They employ their own candidate mostly at the end and probably pick one or two random person. This is practice very well in private sector not only government institutions. A friend also had the same experience. Her female cousin got a slot for training school of one particular bank. She's done with training school and earning 285k now. It was her man friend that linked her up. If Nestle can shortchanged and swapped the name of her contract staff employees. I'm not sorry to say that they are more than capable of doing that for full staff employees also. They lack integrity

Interesting.... So this slot matter has finally entered private firms even multinationals.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please What Can I Do At This Stage? by pocohantas(f): 4:19pm On Jun 30, 2023
NoToPile:

Interesting.... So this slot matter has finally entered private firms even multinationals.

I don't believe anyone just shows up inside a multinational or private firm without being tested somehow. Like the person who claims to know someone that got a training school slot, makes no sense given that people fail training school every other month. I would only be intrigued if the girl showed up inside the bank without passing through training school or failed training sch and still got the job.

Every one I know in these top companies are hot upstairs. Never seen one that didn't look like they deserve the spot.

1 Like

Re: Please What Can I Do At This Stage? by NigeriaIsGreat: 4:28pm On Jun 30, 2023
pocohantas:

I don't believe anyone just shows up inside a multinational or private firm without being tested somehow. Like the person who claims to know someone that got a training school slot, makes no sense given that people fail training school every other month. I would only be intrigued if the girl showed up inside the bank without passing through training school or failed training sch and still got the job.

Every one I know in these top companies are hot upstairs. Never seen one that didn't look like they deserve the spot.
why was she given a training school slot when her mate had gone through series of test to reduce the population? If she was allowed to follow due process she probably wouldn't make it to the training school. I believe anyone who passed through the four walls of class rooms in the university without sorting should be able to scale through training school

Moreover, that doesn't mean those who didn't make it to training school aren't good though. It's just a game of numbers. They had to reduce them to the minimal amount of staff they want.

If Nestle can demonstrate God fatherism for her contract staff employees, i wouldn't be surprised they are also doing that for full staff.
Re: Please What Can I Do At This Stage? by NoToPile: 4:31pm On Jun 30, 2023
pocohantas:

That what I thought and know as the truth that's also why I made that caveat for the permanent staff but apparently they are insinuating it's no longer so.

You might know someone but you still have to pass.

My friends friend gave her link to apply I don't think it was an open recruitment she got into Gtb in 2014 or 15 I think. She had a first class in sciences and she passed training school. she said people failed. She did have a link working there but she had to pass training school.

1 Like

Re: Please What Can I Do At This Stage? by pocohantas(f): 4:33pm On Jun 30, 2023
NigeriaIsGreat:
why was she given a training school slot when her mate had gone through series of test to reduce the population? If she was allowed to follow due process she probably wouldn't make it to the training school. I believe anyone who passed through the four walls of class rooms in the university without sorting should be able to scale through training school

Moreover, that doesn't mean those who didn't make it to training school aren't good though. It's just a game of numbers. They had to reduce them to the minimal amount of staff they want.

If Nestle can demonstrate God fatherism for her contract staff employees, i wouldn't be surprised they are also doing that for full staff.

I think this post should be directed at who gave her the slot, not me. I for ome have never seen it happen, but I don't want to stick out my neck to say it doesn't happen. There would always be exceptions. Nigerians only complain of connection when it doesn't favour them, but if they knew an uncle/aunty that would fit them inside CBN without any test, they will take it and give testimony. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Please What Can I Do At This Stage? by Villa12(m): 4:40pm On Jun 30, 2023
pocohantas:

I think this post should be directed at who gave her the slot, not me. I for ome have never seen it happen, but I don't want to stick out my neck to say it doesn't happen. There would always be exceptions. Nigerians only complain of connection when it doesn't favour them, but if they knew an uncle/aunty that would fit them inside CBN without any test, they will take it and give testimony. Thank you
it's happening in private sector. A top shareholder in a private firm can fix you up without blinking an eye. They know obviously the person must have certificate to present hence, he/she is educated and teachable.
Re: Please What Can I Do At This Stage? by NoToPile: 4:41pm On Jun 30, 2023
NigeriaIsGreat:

I think you are wrong with the bolded, that one fails these training schools doesn't mean the person sorted back in school or is not intelligent.
Re: Please What Can I Do At This Stage? by pocohantas(f): 4:42pm On Jun 30, 2023
NoToPile:

That what I thought and know as the truth that's also why I made that caveat for the permanent staff but apparently they are insinuating it's no longer so.

You might know someone but you still have to pass.

My friends friend gave her link to apply I don't think it was an open recruitment she got into Gtb in 2014 or 15 I think. She had a first class in sciences and she passed training school. she said people failed. She did have a link working there but she had to pass training school.

I don't even believe that story one bit, but I am not in for arguments. GT recruitment is always open. It has always been open since 1804. If she got a link, then it was open. Staff were also allowed to bring in CVs then and this was the case with Zenith and UBA. It wasn't a big deal, just dividends of working in that bank. The thing is people get basic privileges and amplify it to look like it was the MD that created a space in the banking school for them. We that have gone to banking schools know we could all identify ourselves right from the day we wrote test in our different zones. It is rare to see a strange face just drop into the training school.
Re: Please What Can I Do At This Stage? by NigeriaIsGreat: 4:47pm On Jun 30, 2023
NoToPile:

I think you are wrong with the bolded, that one fails these training schools doesn't mean the person sorted back in school or is not intelligent.
Yes i know and i understand. Even in the so called training school they still find a way out of it. I know multinational coy level of corruption and God fatherism isn't as rotten as that of government establishment.
Re: Please What Can I Do At This Stage? by NoToPile: 4:53pm On Jun 30, 2023
pocohantas:

I don't even believe that story one bit, but I am not in for arguments. GT recruitment is always open. It has always been open since 1804. If she got a link, then it was open. Staff were also allowed to bring in CVs then and this was the case with Zenith and UBA It wasn't a big deal, just dividends of working in that bank. The think is people get basic privileges and amplify it to look like it was the MD that created a space in the banking school for them. We that have gone to banking schools know we could all identify ourselves right from the day we wrote test in our different zones. It is rare to see a strange face just drop into the training school.

I guess the bolded was my friends case BUT It was amplified as a really big deal.
Re: Please What Can I Do At This Stage? by pocohantas(f): 4:56pm On Jun 30, 2023
NoToPile:

I guess the bolded was my friends case BUT It was amplified as a really big deal.

That is the problem with people. Before you know it, they use their mouth to put the helper in trouble.
Re: Please What Can I Do At This Stage? by Zealag(m): 5:19pm On Jun 30, 2023
If you are job hunting in Naija

*Just know one or two cabals (have connection)then you are good to go

*Ur certificate won't get you a job

*Ladies - Be ready to pay back with ur body

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please What Can I Do At This Stage? by Villa12(m): 6:01pm On Jun 30, 2023
Zealag:

that means the poor will remain poor for life. Obviously a poor man child has no cabal as you said at the top. He will continue to live from hand to mouth.
Re: Please What Can I Do At This Stage? by Zealag(m): 6:40pm On Jun 30, 2023
Villa12:
that means the poor will remain poor for life. Obviously a poor man child has no cabal as you said at the top. He will continue to live from hand to mouth.
Work on the way you socialize with people,go out on occasions,meet people, humble urself and try to get closer and form a good relationship with people of high caliber.Make sure you are contributing even in ur little way, don't make them see you as a pest.With time they will get acquaintance with you and you get what you want.
Not easy tho...
Re: Please What Can I Do At This Stage? by Villa12(m): 6:55pm On Jun 30, 2023
Zealag:

Work on the way you socialize with people,go out on occasions,meet people, humble urself and try to get closer and form a good relationship with people of high caliber.Make sure you are contributing even in ur little way, don't make them see you as a pest.With time they will get acquaintance with you and you get what you want.
Not easy tho...
hmmmm, it's very rare for son of a poor man to mingle or associate with the cabals. Poor folks mostly move with themselves. Even those cabals do not want to associate with them. Op would have gotten that contract job despite he got to the final stage. A call would have save him that. I feel for him sincerely. He was denied something he worked hard for

1 Like

Re: Please What Can I Do At This Stage? by UnfairLife7(m): 5:43am On Jul 01, 2023
NoToPile:

A friend told me about her church member. She was on vacation in one European country when she got her appointment letter in an oil and gas industry. Her dad got it for her. God fatherism had entered private sector long time ago. Some of these top managers in multinational firm and even CEOs attend same church with some of these people. Some are in the same club also. It's somewhat easier to work things out as the CEO or top shareholder of a firm.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please What Can I Do At This Stage? by Meerahbel: 8:18am On Jul 02, 2023
NigeriaIsGreat:
very wicked people. It's surprising even private sector are also involve in God fatherism. Very sad
Welcome to Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please What Can I Do At This Stage? by Meerahbel: 8:19am On Jul 02, 2023
Zealag:

Lies from the out of hell.
Re: Please What Can I Do At This Stage? by Aaaaarghmed(m): 10:03am On Jul 02, 2023
OP leave the funds,that's why I quit all my corporate job to be a business freelancer

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please What Can I Do At This Stage? by Villa12(m): 10:38am On Jul 02, 2023
Meerahbel:
I don't understand you please

Is it a lie that the best of jobs are gotten through connection?

Is it a lie that a 3rd class graduate with solid connection will secure reasonable job than a first class graduate in Nigeria?

Is it a lie that some ladies do get job using their body as a collateral?

Please where is the lie in what he said?

1 Like

Re: Please What Can I Do At This Stage? by Zealag(m): 1:30pm On Jul 02, 2023
Meerahbel:
Tell us the truth from heaven's gate

2 Likes

Re: Please What Can I Do At This Stage? by VTJN(m): 9:09pm On Jul 02, 2023
I don't think you can get your money back unless you call him out which might spell danger to your life and that of your family.

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Have You Once Been Rejected by Your Father? / When Does Adultery Happen? / Man Charged For Raping Wife On Wedding Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.