Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,580 members, 7,812,898 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:37 PM

Please What Can I Do At This Stage? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please What Can I Do At This Stage? (2319 Views)

What Is Next When A Marriage Reach This Stage? / Can I Give Up The Marriage At This Stage..pls Advise Needed / How Does It Really Get To This Stage In Marriage?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please What Can I Do At This Stage? by Weevel77: 8:34pm On Jun 29, 2023
I applied as a contract staff at Nestle around May last year. I finished my youth service the following month and i was called up for aptitude test by an outsource firm. On the very day of the test we were checked in and addressed by the outsource staff. I guess some of the applicant had influential persons linked to the industry who promised to help them get the job. They were just there to fulfil all righteousness. The outsource manager said that very day that, he wouldn't condole nepotism and God fatherism. He said he won't forward the name of those who had someone but couldn't pass the aptitude test and interview. He wants a level playing ground probably at this stage.

The test was conducted and i was called for interview after a month interval. After the interview i got a success mail and i was called for medical. I met other applicants who were successful at Nestle clinic for medical. After our medical we all exchanged contact and looking forward to resume in no distant time. We did medical last year August. Sadly, we weren't contacted to resume throughout last year. No one among us was asked to resume. I was so apprehensive and perturbed as a fresh graduate. I assume i had gotten the job after a success mail for medical. Then why the delay? No one among us had resume yet. I felt so bothered. Although i didn't loosen up.

I was applying and going for interview. My uncle came around late last year to check up on us. He asked about my plan and i told him nothing but to secure a job. I relayed everything to him and he was full of amazement. He said he knew someone related to a King and the king has the final say. He asked me to look for money so that he can go with it to influence it since I've done medical. I didn't go with the idea because i was indigent. But as a fresh graduate who's in need of job. I had to empty my account and raise #30,000. I had interview the very day my uncle was asked to come. He went alongside my mum. She witness everything. My uncle gave him the money and my CV. I was told even the king was surprised why i hadn't resumed yet after medical. He promised to settle everything within a week or two.

Unfortunately, nothing was done till this very moment. I had gone to the management who conducted the recruitment process and they were even surprised neither me nor anyone among the name they sent to nestle was called. The outsource management claimed it takes maximum of 6 months to carry out recruitment process for a firm. They assume the top managers in the industry had swapped our names for theirs. The manager of the outsource firm was so concerned that he had to put up a call across and he confirmed to me they had resume since last year. I cried that very day in the outsource office. The manager told me "Welcome to Nigeria." He admonished me to move on. I cried for a fruitless efforts and being swindled by a King. I trekked back home crying like a toddler. I was thinking tif I could call him out on social media or Radio station to refund my money. I can't just let go of that money in this my present condition. He shouldn't have accepted the money having known he had nothing to do. My mum said i should forget about the money. She claimed we're the least of persons to call out such a prominent and influential person. She said she doesn't want problem. My uncle was in support of it but my mum disagree. She claimed the money in question wouldn't make any difference in my life. Perhaps, i don't know the aftermath of my actions.

Please what's your take on this.

10 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Please What Can I Do At This Stage? by madridguy(m): 8:38pm On Jun 29, 2023
I wouldn't have say anything but since its NESTLE i have to say this. My friend has exact experience with NESTLE Nigeria around five years ago.

Infact, I was so annoyed when the guy incharge the process threatned his life for coming for resumption on the stated on the email he got.
I wanted to call the out after getting his pictures from his facebook and also write NESTLE headquarter but my friend his the type with soft balls and he said he don't want his name on media so it won't affect him later in life.

He later got the information that some ogas there changed their names with their own candidates that couldn't pass the exam.

So sorry bro.

14 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Please What Can I Do At This Stage? by Villa12(m): 8:41pm On Jun 29, 2023
This country is against the poor. Tueh!

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Please What Can I Do At This Stage? by zarathustra(m): 8:48pm On Jun 29, 2023
Put it behind you and push on. Don't confront him, don't report him, don't call him out. You are young man and your journey in life is still far and the road is a winding one. You will still cross many parts, so just be calm, careful and keep moving. One day you will arrive, we have all been there.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please What Can I Do At This Stage? by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:51pm On Jun 29, 2023
Don't worry. Tinubu will create excess jobs cry cry cry cry

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Please What Can I Do At This Stage? by Villa12(m): 8:56pm On Jun 29, 2023
madridguy:
I wouldn't have say anything but since its NESTLE i have to say this. My friend has exact experience with NESTLE Nigeria around five years ago.

Infact, I was so annoyed when the guy incharge the process threatned his life for coming for resumption on the stated on the email he got.
I wanted to call the out after getting his pictures from his facebook and also write NESTLE headquarter but my friend his the type with soft balls and he said he don't want his name on media so it won't affect him later in life.

He later got the information that some ogas there changed their names with their own candidates that couldn't pass the exam.

So sorry bro.
you can imagine another experience. That means this thing happen in private sector too, thinking only government establishment are this corrupt

I believe being poor is not a crime. What else do they want the poor to do now

If ordinary contract staff job is not possible for the poor in this country. Who did the poor offend

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please What Can I Do At This Stage? by Uyi168: 8:57pm On Jun 29, 2023
without connections, it is almost impossible to get decent jobs in Nigeria.

spits..

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please What Can I Do At This Stage? by ZaramT: 8:57pm On Jun 29, 2023
Just listen to your Mom. Forget the money and move on.

It's really a bitter experience but keep pushing

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Please What Can I Do At This Stage? by Candidlady: 8:57pm On Jun 29, 2023
ZaramT:

Why would you tell him to forget the money... For how long is he gonna keep forgetting THE MONEY

We live in a country where if you don't know someone that knows someone you are going no_where.. but that don't mean anyone should be taking advantage off cos of their desperation or lack of substance...

Men doing men bad... Op It is your mum iactually feel for

Op get in touch with wazobia fm call out the scam of a king and even your uncle... Idont trust anything bout those gender

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Please What Can I Do At This Stage? by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jun 29, 2023
Very sad

A job of probably $120 per Month

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please What Can I Do At This Stage? by advanceDNA: 9:11pm On Jun 29, 2023
Weevel77:

Guy...move on...forget the king....

U lose guard....u lose money...but hopefully u don gain life/street experience...

..in a short time......... u go dey alright....

3 Likes

Re: Please What Can I Do At This Stage? by Villa12(m): 9:13pm On Jun 29, 2023
ZaramT:

very bitter experience
Re: Please What Can I Do At This Stage? by NigeriaIsGreat: 9:29pm On Jun 29, 2023
Weevel77:
I applied as a contract staff at Nestle around May last year. I finished my youth service the following month and i was called up for aptitude test by an outsource firm. On the very day of the test we were checked in and addressed by the outsource staff. I guess some of the applicant had influential persons linked to the industry who promised to help them get the job. They were just there to fulfil all righteousness. The outsource manager said that very day that, he wouldn't condole nepotism and God fatherism. He said he won't forward the name of those who had someone but couldn't pass the aptitude test and interview. He wants a level playing ground probably at this stage.

The test was conducted and i was called for interview after a month interval. After the interview i got a success mail and i was called for medical. I met other applicants who were successful at Nestle clinic for medical. After our medical we all exchanged contact and looking forward to resume in no distant time. We did medical last year August. Sadly, we weren't contacted to resume throughout last year. No one among us was asked to resume. I was so apprehensive and perturbed as a fresh graduate. I assume i had gotten the job after a success mail for medical. Then why the delay? No one among us had resume yet. I felt so bothered. Although i didn't loosen up.

I was applying and going for interview. My uncle came around late last year to check up on us. He asked about my plan and i told him nothing but to secure a job. I relayed everything to him and he was full of amazement. He said he knew someone related to a King and the king has the final say. He asked me to look for money so that he can go with it to influence it since I've done medical. I didn't go with the idea because i was indigent. But as a fresh graduate who's in need of job. I had to empty my account and raise #30,000. I had interview the very day my uncle was asked to come. He went alongside my mum. She witness everything. My uncle gave him the money and my CV. I was told even the king was surprised why i hadn't resumed yet after medical. He promised to settle everything within a week or two.

Unfortunately, nothing was done till this very moment. I had gone to the management who conducted the recruitment process and they were even surprised neither me nor anyone among the name they sent to nestle was called. The outsource management claimed it takes maximum of 6 months to carry out recruitment process for a firm. They assume the top managers in the industry had swapped our names for theirs. The manager of the outsource firm was so concerned that he had to put up a call across and he confirmed to me they had resume since last year. I cried that very day in the outsource office. The manager told me "Welcome to Nigeria." He admonished me to move on. I cried for a fruitless efforts and being swindled by a King. I trekked back home crying like a toddler. I was thinking tif I could call him out on social media or Radio station to refund my money. I can't just let go of that money in this my present condition. He shouldn't have accepted the money having known he had nothing to do. My mum said i should forget about the money. She claimed we're the least of persons to call out such a prominent and influential person. She said she doesn't want problem. My uncle was in support of it but my mum disagree. She claimed the money in question wouldn't make any difference in my life. Perhaps, i don't know the aftermath of my actions.

what a pity. Move on and let go. I know it's not easy but just listen to your mum

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please What Can I Do At This Stage? by madridguy(m): 9:33pm On Jun 29, 2023
Every company or sector in Nigeria has cabal cheesy

Villa12:
you can imagine another experience. That means this thing happen in private sector too, thinking only government establishment are this corrupt

If ordinary contract staff job is not possible for the poor in this country. Who did the poor offend

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please What Can I Do At This Stage? by Weevel77: 9:37pm On Jun 29, 2023
madridguy:

So sorry bro.
you can imagine. This is so annoying seriously. Why are they deceiving us then? They should stop publicising their vacant position since they already have their candidates to occupy those vacant position

So God fatherism has been in existence before today?
Re: Please What Can I Do At This Stage? by Villa12(m): 9:49pm On Jun 29, 2023
advanceDNA:

Guy...move on...forget the king....

U lose guard....u lose money...but hopefully u don gain life/street experience...

..in a short time......... u go dey alright....

how did he lose guard biko? Someone applied for a job and get to the final stage. He did medical. They didn't call him to resume. Even those who did medical together, none of them resume work. It is normal for anyone in his shoe to act that way unless the person is not serious with life. That king is a thief. I believe he has the power to help Op get the job after all he get to the final stage and he has done medical. It's not like he's bringing him from no where. And it's contract staff not a full staff o. The king don't want to help him because he's from a poor background but he can eat a poor man money. Is that not wickedness?

I don't see any lose guard in this one

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please What Can I Do At This Stage? by Kylekent59: 9:56pm On Jun 29, 2023
Weevel77:

The outsource manager kept to his word, but the top managers could sack him if he didn't do as requested by them.

I remember as a fresh graduate, I went for an exam in one of the production companies. I was sure of what I wrote. Three mathematical-based questions. After the exam, we were told to go home. After three days, someone in the company told me that everyone failed the exam.

I even gave our first class and one of my lecturers the questions, and they said I solved them excellently.

That was when I knew the company had played with our emotions.

My sister's friend gave me a call and linked me to an international job where I earn about 970k plus a month.

You have to man up and move on Op.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Please What Can I Do At This Stage? by ZaramT: 10:08pm On Jun 29, 2023
How much do you want him to waste while chasing lost 30k? The king will tell him that he used the money to get in touch with his contacts in the company BUT it was too late ( he didn't come early). That money is gone.

But OP every advice is good, know the one to take

Candidlady:

Why would you tell him to forget the money... For how long is he gonna keep forgetting THE MONEY

We live in a country where if you don't know someone that knows someone you are going no_where.. but that don't mean anyone should be taking advantage off cos of their desperation or lack of substance...

Men doing men bad... Op It is your mum iactually feel for

Op get in touch with wazobia fm call out the scam of a king and even your uncle... Idont trust anything bout those gender
Re: Please What Can I Do At This Stage? by Spherical77(m): 10:12pm On Jun 29, 2023
Weevel77:

so sad

That King really fvck up. He wants to stain himself over token of money. Calling him out on radio stations might affect you later considering his status in the society. Just let it side. God will provide a better job for you very soon

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please What Can I Do At This Stage? by advanceDNA: 10:17pm On Jun 29, 2023
Villa12:
The king don't want to help him because he's from a poor background but he can eat a poor man money. Is that not wickedness?

Lol.......I no expect you to see wetin I see.... no vex ....
Re: Please What Can I Do At This Stage? by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jun 29, 2023
These same sets of people will later be blaming our politicians. Very evil sets of human beings.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please What Can I Do At This Stage? by ahnie: 10:59pm On Jun 29, 2023
Sad one
Re: Please What Can I Do At This Stage? by hustler2828: 1:15am On Jun 30, 2023
Can you imagine the level of corruption, in a so-called private company? And this is just the tip of the iceberg, think of public parastatals like NNPC, Customs, police, etc. Then factor in tribalism and religion. And one person say Naija go better. It will only get worst. The average Nigerian man is corrupt, wicked, and heartless.

In your shoes I will prepare my opsec, do some osint findings on the top management of the company, and call them out publicly on any of their social media pages. In the worst-case scenario, I will tail them online and do all sorts of information gathering to blackmail them. Imagine the nonsense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please What Can I Do At This Stage? by eteebanky1: 1:38am On Jun 30, 2023
No go carry cement, dy find white collar job upanda
Re: Please What Can I Do At This Stage? by Beuberry(f): 2:54am On Jun 30, 2023
Remove the job from your mind.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please What Can I Do At This Stage? by lavylilly: 3:13am On Jun 30, 2023
Rule 1 Love all trust none
Rule 2 Don't forget rule 1

3 Likes

Re: Please What Can I Do At This Stage? by lavylilly: 3:14am On Jun 30, 2023
hustler2828:
Can you imagine the level of corruption, in a so-called private company? And this is just the tip of the iceberg, think of public parastatals like NNPC, Customs, police, etc. Then factor in tribalism and religion. And one person say Naija go better. It will only get worst. The average Nigerian man is corrupt, wicked, and heartless.

In your shoes I will prepare my opsec, do some osint findings on the top management of the company, and call them out publicly on any of their social media pages. In the worst-case scenario, I will tail them online and do all sorts of information gathering to blackmail them. Imagine the nonsense.
I would have mentioned 7 companies that I personally experienced what the OP experienced but it not worth it

1 Like

Re: Please What Can I Do At This Stage? by lavylilly: 3:16am On Jun 30, 2023
Kylekent59:

The outsource manager kept to his word, but the top managers could sack him if he didn't do as requested by them.

I remember as a fresh graduate, I went for an exam in one of the production companies. I was sure of what I wrote. Three mathematical-based questions. After the exam, we were told to go home. After three days, someone in the company told me that everyone failed the exam.

I even gave our first class and one of my lecturers the questions, and they said I solved them excellently.

That was when I knew the company had played with our emotions.

My sister's friend gave me a call and linked me to an international job where I earn about 970k plus a month.

You have to man up and move on Op.
cry I attended the same interview but you were linked or connected. God dey sha

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please What Can I Do At This Stage? by lavylilly: 3:19am On Jun 30, 2023
Villa12:
how did he lose guard biko? Someone applied for a job and get to the final stage. He did medical. They didn't call him to resume. Even those who did medical together, none of them resume work. It is normal for anyone in his shoe to act that way unless the person is not serious with life. That king is a thief. I believe he has the power to help Op get the job after all he get to the final stage and he has done medical. It's not like he's bringing him from no where. And it's contract staff not a full staff o. The king don't want to help him because he's from a poor background but he can eat a poor man money. Is that not wickedness?

Any interview you attend and the outsourcing manager/ interviewer says he wouldn't condole nepotism and God fatherism. He won't forward the name of those who has someone but couldn't pass the aptitude test and interview. He wants a level playing ground at this stage. Just know you CAN NEVER get the job

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please What Can I Do At This Stage? by lavylilly: 3:23am On Jun 30, 2023
Villa12:

The most corrupt agencies in Nigeria in o particular order
SON
Nigerian Customs
FIRS
Nigerian Immigrations
NNPC

5 Likes

Re: Please What Can I Do At This Stage? by Villa12(m): 4:37am On Jun 30, 2023
lavylilly:
Any interview you attend and the outsourcing manager/ interviewer says he wouldn't condole nepotism and God fatherism. He won't forward the name of those who has someone but couldn't pass the aptitude test and interview. He wants a level playing ground at this stage. Just know you CAN NEVER get the job
The outsource manager was even honest by trying to be fair to all. Many will not say anything. You will just realised you didn't get the job. So many people don't even stressed themselves anymore in applying for jobs. They already know the outcome from the beginning

Op situation is even worst because he has done medical. What the hell is wrong in this country please.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please What Can I Do At This Stage? by Meerahbel: 5:18am On Jun 30, 2023
madridguy:
Every company or sector in Nigeria has cabal cheesy

The reason we can't grow. Man know man over competence

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Pet Name Do You Call Your Hubby/spouse? / Would You rather ''take It To Your Grave''? / The Ten Commandments Of An African Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.