Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,477 members, 7,830,405 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:28 PM

Please What Can I Do At This Stage? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please What Can I Do At This Stage? (2364 Views)

What Is Next When A Marriage Reach This Stage? / Can I Give Up The Marriage At This Stage..pls Advise Needed / How Does It Really Get To This Stage In Marriage?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please What Can I Do At This Stage? by Villa12(m): 5:34am On Jun 30, 2023
CondenseMilk:
Very sad

A job of probably $120 per Month

I don't think it's even up to that going by the exchange rate. The job is basically meant for survival but they deny him that

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please What Can I Do At This Stage? by Weevel77: 6:21am On Jun 30, 2023
Kylekent59:

The outsource manager kept to his word, but the top managers could sack him if he didn't do as requested by them.

I remember as a fresh graduate, I went for an exam in one of the production companies. I was sure of what I wrote. Three mathematical-based questions. After the exam, we were told to go home. After three days, someone in the company told me that everyone failed the exam.

I even gave our first class and one of my lecturers the questions, and they said I solved them excellently.

That was when I knew the company had played with our emotions.

My sister's friend gave me a call and linked me to an international job where I earn about 970k plus a month.

You have to man up and move on Op.
He confirmed it to me then. He said the top managers had swapped our names. He can't do nothing. He felt so bad.

2 Likes

Re: Please What Can I Do At This Stage? by UnfairLife7(m): 6:37am On Jun 30, 2023
Weevel77:
I applied as a contract staff at Nestle around May last year. I finished my youth service the following month and i was called up for aptitude test by an outsource firm. On the very day of the test we were checked in and addressed by the outsource staff. I guess some of the applicant had influential persons linked to the industry who promised to help them get the job. They were just there to fulfil all righteousness. The outsource manager said that very day that, he wouldn't condole nepotism and God fatherism. He said he won't forward the name of those who had someone but couldn't pass the aptitude test and interview. He wants a level playing ground probably at this stage.

The test was conducted and i was called for interview after a month interval. After the interview i got a success mail and i was called for medical. I met other applicants who were successful at Nestle clinic for medical. After our medical we all exchanged contact and looking forward to resume in no distant time. We did medical last year August. Sadly, we weren't contacted to resume throughout last year. No one among us was asked to resume. I was so apprehensive and perturbed as a fresh graduate. I assume i had gotten the job after a success mail for medical. Then why the delay? No one among us had resume yet. I felt so bothered. Although i didn't loosen up.

I was applying and going for interview. My uncle came around late last year to check up on us. He asked about my plan and i told him nothing but to secure a job. I relayed everything to him and he was full of amazement. He said he knew someone related to a King and the king has the final say. He asked me to look for money so that he can go with it to influence it since I've done medical. I didn't go with the idea because i was indigent. But as a fresh graduate who's in need of job. I had to empty my account and raise #30,000. I had interview the very day my uncle was asked to come. He went alongside my mum. She witness everything. My uncle gave him the money and my CV. I was told even the king was surprised why i hadn't resumed yet after medical. He promised to settle everything within a week or two.

Unfortunately, nothing was done till this very moment. I had gone to the management who conducted the recruitment process and they were even surprised neither me nor anyone among the name they sent to nestle was called. The outsource management claimed it takes maximum of 6 months to carry out recruitment process for a firm. They assume the top managers in the industry had swapped our names for theirs. The manager of the outsource firm was so concerned that he had to put up a call across and he confirmed to me they had resume since last year. I cried that very day in the outsource office. The manager told me "Welcome to Nigeria." He admonished me to move on. I cried for a fruitless efforts and being swindled by a King. I trekked back home crying like a toddler. I was thinking tif I could call him out on social media or Radio station to refund my money. I can't just let go of that money in this my present condition. He shouldn't have accepted the money having known he had nothing to do. My mum said i should forget about the money. She claimed we're the least of persons to call out such a prominent and influential person. She said she doesn't want problem. My uncle was in support of it but my mum disagree. She claimed the money in question wouldn't make any difference in my life. Perhaps, i don't know the aftermath of my actions.

Please what's your take on this.
Your experience is heartwretching. It's rare getting to medical and documentation and got denial. This is the level of corruption in the country. One cannot get a decent job without connection. Even for a contract job. They hijack every slot and distribute it among themselves.

I suggest you listen to your mother. It's so sad.
Re: Please What Can I Do At This Stage? by UnfairLife7(m): 6:45am On Jun 30, 2023
madridguy:
I wouldn't have say anything but since its NESTLE i have to say this. My friend has exact experience with NESTLE Nigeria around five years ago.

Infact, I was so annoyed when the guy incharge the process threatned his life for coming for resumption on the stated on the email he got.
I wanted to call the out after getting his pictures from his facebook and also write NESTLE headquarter but my friend his the type with soft balls and he said he don't want his name on media so it won't affect him later in life.

He later got the information that some ogas there changed their names with their own candidates that couldn't pass the exam.

So sorry bro.
same experience from the same organisation. You guys should call them out on social media. I know they own their company but why wasting peoples time and resources with aptitude test and medical when you know you won't employ them. What manner of wickedness is that.
Re: Please What Can I Do At This Stage? by damble: 6:55am On Jun 30, 2023
Candidlady:

Why would you tell him to forget the money... For how long is he gonna keep forgetting THE MONEY

We live in a country where if you don't know someone that knows someone you are going no_where.. but that don't mean anyone should be taking advantage off cos of their desperation or lack of substance...
Don't be offended please, how old are you? You wouldn't have adviced the young man this way if you have experienced some life threatening situations in Nigeria

Men doing men bad... Op It is your mum iactually feel for

Op get in touch with wazobia fm call out the scam of a king and even your uncle... Idont trust anything bout those gender
Re: Please What Can I Do At This Stage? by UnfairLife7(m): 7:08am On Jun 30, 2023
hustler2828:
Can you imagine the level of corruption, in a so-called private company? And this is just the tip of the iceberg, think of public parastatals like NNPC, Customs, police, etc. Then factor in tribalism and religion. And one person say Naija go better. It will only get worst. The average Nigerian man is corrupt, wicked, and heartless.

In your shoes I will prepare my opsec, do some osint findings on the top management of the company, and call them out publicly on any of their social media pages. In the worst-case scenario, I will tail them online and do all sorts of information gathering to blackmail them. Imagine the nonsense.
I swear to God. Someone else shared the experience his friend has with the same Nestle. In a saner climes that company will be fine for wasting their time and resources. Almost a year wasted.

1 Like

Re: Please What Can I Do At This Stage? by wunmi590(m): 7:16am On Jun 30, 2023

You allowed a hungry king to swindled you of your hard earned 30k..

King that is not influential, I'm not even expecting g him to collect the 30k from you, knowing fully well that once you get the job, you can do better things for him...

Please put your hope in God and move on..

NESTLE nah like that their top oga be for that place, I've experience in well, almost all the top FMCG company that nepotism attitude....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please What Can I Do At This Stage? by Weevel77: 7:31am On Jun 30, 2023
wunmi590:

You allowed a hungry king to swindled you of your hard earned 30k..

King that is not influential, I'm not even expecting g him to collect the 30k from you, knowing fully well that once you get the job, you can do better things for him...

Please put your hope in God and move on..

NESTLE nah like that their top oga be for that place, I've experience in well, almost all the top FMCG company that nepotism attitude....
A king whose kids and wife live in the US? The king himself was based in US before he came back to Nigeria to become king.. He's a lecturer in one university in US. He is so influential and prominent. His status convince me thinking he isn't such kind of a person.

His family do not live in Nigeria. He visit them often even as a King

2 Likes

Re: Please What Can I Do At This Stage? by UnfairLife7(m): 7:49am On Jun 30, 2023
Weevel77:
A king whose kids and wife live in the US? The king himself was based in US before he came back to Nigeria to become king.. He's a lecturer in one university in US. He is so influential and prominent. His status convince me thinking he isn't such kind of a person.

The king no just want help you and he ate your money. Rich man milking and suffocating the poor

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please What Can I Do At This Stage? by Karlifate: 8:14am On Jun 30, 2023
Vain is the help of man.

đź’Ż

1 Like

Re: Please What Can I Do At This Stage? by madridguy(m): 8:22am On Jun 30, 2023
Infact they're not only wasting peoples time but also resources. I hope this will hit the front page so the people incharge can know what is happening.

UnfairLife7:
same experience from the same organisation. You guys should call them out on social media. I know they own their company but why wasting peoples time and resources with aptitude test and medical when you know you won't employ them. What manner of wickedness is that.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please What Can I Do At This Stage? by advanceDNA: 8:22am On Jun 30, 2023
Weevel77:

Mayb them use the name of the king swindle you...have u seen the king before?.. na which kingdom?? Mayb na baálę wey dey claim king
Re: Please What Can I Do At This Stage? by hustler2828: 8:46am On Jun 30, 2023
lavylilly:
I would have mentioned 7 companies that I personally experienced what the OP experienced but it not worth it

Una try, as for me that top manager will know no peace on line. I will make sure I wreck his online reputation, make his phone number, and email useless. Call him and the company management out on all social media platforms.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Please What Can I Do At This Stage? by Weevel77: 9:03am On Jun 30, 2023
advanceDNA:

Mayb them use the name of the king swindle you...have u seen the king before?.. na which kingdom?? Mayb na baálę wey dey claim king
Yes i have met with the King two times pleading for him to help me. He's more like a first class king, though not up to Ooni of ife and the likes. The king own an estate. I was so disappointed. I was even begging him to consider any other organisation if NESTLE is too difficult to get in despite getting to final stage and i did medical. He wasn't interested to help i guess. I wonder why he collected the money. Maybe he felt it's a gift or something

He's a prominent king

1 Like

Re: Please What Can I Do At This Stage? by Villa12(m): 9:13am On Jun 30, 2023
hustler2828:

Una try, as for me that top manager will know no peace on line. I will make sure I wreck his online reputation, make his phone number, and email useless. Call him and the company management out on all social media platforms.
Even the king too should not be left out. You collected money from the poor guy and refused to help out. Going by how Op described him. He has the power to fix him up even as a full staff. Maybe he's a type that prefer helping people of his calibre. He doesn't like helping the poor trying to better their lives.

I hope this hit front page maybe they can come across it.
Re: Please What Can I Do At This Stage? by hustler2828: 9:19am On Jun 30, 2023
Villa12:
Even the king too should not be left out. You collected money from the poor guy and refused to help out. Going by how Op described him. He has the power to fix him up even as a full staff. Maybe he's a type that prefer helping people of his calibre. He doesn't like helping the poor trying to better their lives.

I hope this hit front page maybe they can come across it.
If na me that king don buy market. I will blackmail the living daylight out of him. But op are you sure the king received those funds? Or a middleman played a fast one in the name of the king? Given his reputation and status, soiling his name for a mere 30k wouldn't be worth it for a king of his caliber.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please What Can I Do At This Stage? by besty75: 10:31am On Jun 30, 2023
there is a program called our "back yard" on wazobia 95.1 fm Lagos. reach out to dem,dey can help you get ur money.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please What Can I Do At This Stage? by Reality3080: 10:52am On Jun 30, 2023
Candidlady:

Why would you tell him to forget the money... For how long is he gonna keep forgetting THE MONEY

We live in a country where if you don't know someone that knows someone you are going no_where.. but that don't mean anyone should be taking advantage off cos of their desperation or lack of substance...

Men doing men bad... Op It is your mum iactually feel for

Op get in touch with wazobia fm call out the scam of a king and even your uncle... Idont trust anything bout those gender
life no b by gra gra

If 30k fit b big money to op don’t u think the king n those involved can spend 300k to punish him?

Person wey pass u pass u, the guy should move on n see it as a stepping stone

There are some battles u don’t fight cos it’s obvious u can’t win it, the best d radio station can do is to call out d king just once n that’s all

Hope the op is prepared to face whatever happens after n this time d radio station won’t save him again

This is Nigeria, wisdom is profitable to direct

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please What Can I Do At This Stage? by Reality3080: 11:00am On Jun 30, 2023
UnfairLife7:
Your experience is heartwretching. It's rare getting to medical and documentation and got denial. This is the level of corruption in the country. One cannot get a decent job without connection. Even for a contract job. They hijack every slot and distribute it among themselves.

I suggest you listen to your mother. It's so sad.
na where I weak finish for Nigeria matter na when I hear say dem dey share slot for npower job

Imagine slot over job of 30k per month, as in d man was even feeling fly on phone n we were both at an eatery

He was even saying it confidently that he has 5 slots, I just look d man shake head

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please What Can I Do At This Stage? by Weevel77: 11:07am On Jun 30, 2023
hustler2828:

If na me that king don buy market. I will blackmail the living daylight out of him. But op are you sure the king received those funds? Or a middleman played a fast one in the name of the king? Given his reputation and status, soiling his name for a mere 30k wouldn't be worth it for a king of his caliber.
my mum confirmed it when they came back. The king collected the money with his hand. The money was put in brown envelope. And he was assuring them about the job.

It is obvious the king do not want to help. Why then did he collect money from them? My uncle has stopped going to his palace when he heard it himself that they had already resume work at Nestle. It's a horrible experience that i can never forget in my life

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please What Can I Do At This Stage? by Villa12(m): 11:17am On Jun 30, 2023
hustler2828:

it's really a sad experience. Don't forget this is Nigeria. That king can kill him if possible. The king might come for his family members. Those kind corrupt king are capable of doing that. I understand the money is a whole lot for Op and he really need the job. But he should consider his life and that of the family. Don't forget the person in question is richer and very influential.

1 Like

Re: Please What Can I Do At This Stage? by NoToPile: 11:51am On Jun 30, 2023
Weevel77 listen carefully do not call out any king on SM, your 30k was probably presented as a Gift to him, more like wetting ground for him to help you talk to who he knows in the company. Did he ask for the 30k? Most likely not, your uncle felt the 30k gift will push start the king to talk to those who knows in the company.

Now It didn't work out so you guys can't ask for the 30k back. Infact if you go and meet him one on one can you ask for the envelope back?

If you like allow some peeps to push you unnecessarily.

I am talking as someone that my line of job makes my self and collegues meet with some of these baales and kings a lot. There's a time to do PR and there's a time to not.

As for Nestlé, people around this Agbara axis know how it rolls within the multinationals there, Unilever own nko.

Understand that the top Nestlé management will pay an outsourcing firm for recruitment and normally it should be recruitment process where the best are selected, it is people like you or I who are opportuned to be Ogas that swap the names from outsourcing firm especially as it's for contract staffing

Such may not occur for experienced hires or their graduate trainee program, even if you know someone you will have to be capable.

3 Likes

Re: Please What Can I Do At This Stage? by UnfairLife7(m): 12:19pm On Jun 30, 2023
NoToPile:
Weevel77 listen carefully do not call out any king on SM, your 30k was probably presented as a Gift to him, more like wetting ground for him to help you talk to who he knows in the company. Did he ask for the 30k? Most likely not, your uncle felt the 30k gift will push start the king to talk to those who knows in the company.

Now It didn't work out so you guys can't ask for the 30k back. Infact if you go and meet him one on one can you ask for the envelope back?

I am talking as someone that my line of job makes my self and collegues meet with some of these baales and kings a lot. There's a time to do PR and there's a time to not.

As for Nestlé, people around this Agbara axis know how it rolls within the multinationals there, Unilever own nko.

Understand that the top Nestlé management will pay an outsourcing firm for recruitment and normally it should be recruitment process where the best are selected, it is people like you or I who are opportuned to be Ogas that swap the names from outsourcing firm especially as it's for contract staffing

Such may not occur for experienced hires or their graduate trainee program, even if you know someone you will have to be capable.

They do that very well for full staff also. I may not have the experience for that of Nestle but I've had the experience in the financial sector as a full staff. They employ their own candidate mostly at the end and probably pick one or two random person. This is practice very well in private sector not only government institutions. A friend also had the same experience. Her female cousin got a slot for training school of one particular bank. She's done with training school and earning 285k now. It was her man friend that linked her up. If Nestle can shortchanged and swapped the name of her contract staff employees. I'm not sorry to say that they are more than capable of doing that for full staff employees also. They lack integrity

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please What Can I Do At This Stage? by frozen70(f): 12:34pm On Jun 30, 2023
Weevel77:
I applied as a contract staff at Nestle around May last year. I finished my youth service the following month and i was called up for aptitude test by an outsource firm. On the very day of the test we were checked in and addressed by the outsource staff. I guess some of the applicant had influential persons linked to the industry who promised to help them get the job. They were just there to fulfil all righteousness. The outsource manager said that very day that, he wouldn't condole nepotism and God fatherism. He said he won't forward the name of those who had someone but couldn't pass the aptitude test and interview. He wants a level playing ground probably at this stage.

The test was conducted and i was called for interview after a month interval. After the interview i got a success mail and i was called for medical. I met other applicants who were successful at Nestle clinic for medical. After our medical we all exchanged contact and looking forward to resume in no distant time. We did medical last year August. Sadly, we weren't contacted to resume throughout last year. No one among us was asked to resume. I was so apprehensive and perturbed as a fresh graduate. I assume i had gotten the job after a success mail for medical. Then why the delay? No one among us had resume yet. I felt so bothered. Although i didn't loosen up.

I was applying and going for interview. My uncle came around late last year to check up on us. He asked about my plan and i told him nothing but to secure a job. I relayed everything to him and he was full of amazement. He said he knew someone related to a King and the king has the final say. He asked me to look for money so that he can go with it to influence it since I've done medical. I didn't go with the idea because i was indigent. But as a fresh graduate who's in need of job. I had to empty my account and raise #30,000. I had interview the very day my uncle was asked to come. He went alongside my mum. She witness everything. My uncle gave him the money and my CV. I was told even the king was surprised why i hadn't resumed yet after medical. He promised to settle everything within a week or two.

Unfortunately, nothing was done till this very moment. I had gone to the management who conducted the recruitment process and they were even surprised neither me nor anyone among the name they sent to nestle was called. The outsource management claimed it takes maximum of 6 months to carry out recruitment process for a firm. They assume the top managers in the industry had swapped our names for theirs. The manager of the outsource firm was so concerned that he had to put up a call across and he confirmed to me they had resume since last year. I cried that very day in the outsource office. The manager told me "Welcome to Nigeria." He admonished me to move on. I cried for a fruitless efforts and being swindled by a King. I trekked back home crying like a toddler. I was thinking tif I could call him out on social media or Radio station to refund my money. I can't just let go of that money in this my present condition. He shouldn't have accepted the money having known he had nothing to do. My mum said i should forget about the money. She claimed we're the least of persons to call out such a prominent and influential person. She said she doesn't want problem. My uncle was in support of it but my mum disagree. She claimed the money in question wouldn't make any difference in my life. Perhaps, i don't know the aftermath of my actions.

Please what's your take on this.

If the king is influencial and respect himself, he wouldn't have collected any money from you till the job is done in this case because as king he claimed to be, no body will assist him and expect him to pay him money

So the money he collected was for his selfishness

So go with your uncle and make a request for your money that you need it as you have to continue another search

I don't even know if to trust that your uncle on this or not to trust him

As it is now
I don't know who is doing you

1 Like

Re: Please What Can I Do At This Stage? by Villa12(m): 12:35pm On Jun 30, 2023
Reality3080:
na where I weak finish for Nigeria matter na when I hear say dem dey share slot for npower job

Imagine slot over job of 30k per month, as in d man was even feeling fly on phone n we were both at an eatery

He was even saying it confidently that he has 5 slots, I just look d man shake head
I heard about it also. They are also sharing slot for empowerment program meant for the poor. Why are they now abusing these guys doing Yahoo? How do they want a poor man child to survive? Die of starvation or what please? This country is really terrible. They have added fuel subsidy, increase in electricity tarrif, inflation every where. Haba.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please What Can I Do At This Stage? by Weevel77: 12:45pm On Jun 30, 2023
frozen70:

If the king is influencial and respect himself, he wouldn't have collected any money from you till the job is done in this case because as king he claimed to be, no body will assist him and expect him to pay him money

So go with your uncle and make a request for your money that you need it as you have to continue another search

As it is now
My mum was with my uncle that very day. It was my mum who handed the money to the king so he would understand how serious it is for a mother to come along out for his son. They gave him my CV also. I have been there two times with my uncle and myself alone. He's a busy type. Either not in the country or travelled to other states for meetings here and there. He doesn't recognise me very well. I believe they gave him the money. He probably see it as a gift.
Re: Please What Can I Do At This Stage? by frozen70(f): 12:54pm On Jun 30, 2023
Weevel77:
My mum was with my uncle that very day. It was my mum who handed the money to the king so he would understand how serious it is for a mother to come along out for his son. They gave him my CV also. I have been there two times with my uncle and myself alone. He's a busy type. Either not in the country or travelled to other states for meetings here and there. He doesn't recognise me very well. I believe they gave him the money. He probably see it as a gift.

Well in that case, let your uncle understand what you are passing through and ask him to help you financially so that you can have money from transport fair

Then is possible the king didn't have any link there

Maybe your uncle could assist by talking to him for a refund

Worst case your forget about it
Re: Please What Can I Do At This Stage? by Villa12(m): 1:05pm On Jun 30, 2023
frozen70:

As it is now
Unless they call him out, i doubt if that king will ever give him the money. He probably see the money as a gift but failed to help out after collecting the gift.

I'm even imagining how can such a big personality can't help with a contract job in the territory he's governing as a King. I don't know why i feel the king do not have the intention of helping him. He's only deceiving him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please What Can I Do At This Stage? by NigeriaIsGreat: 2:01pm On Jun 30, 2023
NoToPile:

you maybe right Op should not call out the king on radio station or social media. The king might come for him later but you see that your last paragraph, it's wrong. You hardly can get a reasonable job in this country without knowing someone. Only few lucky ones might be exempted. I know someone who said he got his appointment letter in a multinational company in his bedroom grin

This country no be am again bro.

1 Like

Re: Please What Can I Do At This Stage? by frozen70(f): 2:15pm On Jun 30, 2023
Villa12:
Unless they call him out, i doubt if that king will ever give him the money. He probably see the money as a gift but failed to help out after collecting the gift.

I'm even imagining how can such a big personality can't help with a contract job in the territory he's governing as a King. I don't know why i feel the king do not have the intention of helping him. He's only deceiving him.

Too bad of him

1 Like

Re: Please What Can I Do At This Stage? by Stevenbright(m): 2:17pm On Jun 30, 2023
Weevel77:
you can imagine. This is so annoying seriously. Why are they deceiving us then? They should stop publicising their vacant position since they already have their candidates to occupy those vacant position

So God fatherism has been in existence before today?

It is pure wickedness. They make unsuspecting individuals to go through the recruiting processes (stages) expending their time and financial resources in the process.

They will then use the recruitment data so generated to recruit connected candidates or candidates who pay for job slots.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please What Can I Do At This Stage? by NigeriaIsGreat: 3:06pm On Jun 30, 2023
Stevenbright:

It is pure wickedness. They make unsuspecting individuals to go through the recruiting processes (stages) expending their time and financial resources in the process.

They will then use the recruitment data so generated to recruit connected candidates or candidates who pay for job slots.
very wicked people. It's surprising even private sector are also involve in God fatherism. Very sad

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Resign To Take Care Of The Baby / Introducing Your Fiance/fiancee As An Orphan Or Without A Family To Your Family. / I'm Feeling Suicidal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.