Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,546 members, 7,819,939 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:09 AM

Governor Otti Sets Up Judicial Panel To Probe Past Administration - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Otti Sets Up Judicial Panel To Probe Past Administration (11766 Views)

Re: No Existing Financial Commitment By Past Administration In Geometric - Kalu / Aisha Yesufu Reacts As Governor Otti Spends ₦927M On Food, Others / EndSARS: Governor Wike Sets Up Judicial Panel Of Inquiry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Otti Sets Up Judicial Panel To Probe Past Administration by Engrjamjam: 2:58pm On Jun 30, 2023
Scam Alert!!

Emmanuel Ugbejo Adejo who claims to be a paypal expert is a fraudster.

Alot of people on nairaland have complained of his criminal activities.
Re: Governor Otti Sets Up Judicial Panel To Probe Past Administration by paramakina202: 3:01pm On Jun 30, 2023
100% in support of our governor.From OUK to TA Orji to Ikpeazu they must vomit all they stole from Abia state.
Re: Governor Otti Sets Up Judicial Panel To Probe Past Administration by Lumig: 3:02pm On Jun 30, 2023
He has to, otherwise na the same people (Obidients) wey dey praise him now would be the ones that will vehemently criticize him later, especially when he does not have much fund to carry out his promises
Re: Governor Otti Sets Up Judicial Panel To Probe Past Administration by bigtt76(f): 3:03pm On Jun 30, 2023
All of these ko necessiri ...let go and move on!

BluntCrazeMan:
According to his verified Twitter handle:

Source:
https://twitter.com/alexottiofr/status/1673956214370103298

Source:
https://twitter.com/alexottiofr/status/1673956526900355073
Re: Governor Otti Sets Up Judicial Panel To Probe Past Administration by ViceGovernor: 3:04pm On Jun 30, 2023
PrincessofDSS:
Let the push begin.

Only God knows what will be unraveled at the end of the probe
And the shove will follow
Re: Governor Otti Sets Up Judicial Panel To Probe Past Administration by Henry22(m): 3:04pm On Jun 30, 2023
NwaNimo1:
SMS.....Short man syndrome!

But short man is doing really well

1 Like

Re: Governor Otti Sets Up Judicial Panel To Probe Past Administration by PrincessofDSS(f): 3:06pm On Jun 30, 2023
ViceGovernor:

And the shove will follow

🤙
Better late than never

1 Like

Re: Governor Otti Sets Up Judicial Panel To Probe Past Administration by Bluntemperor: 3:11pm On Jun 30, 2023
FOOTSOLDIER2:
Way to go, just as Peter Obi will probe Buhari and Tinubu before the year comes to an end

You are funny o!
You be like a serious adage in our land ' Omode to so wipe,toun ba dagbatan,ori eyele loun ma fi mugari, ori eyele na ko ni jeki Omode na dagba'
so ti gbo!

1 Like

Re: Governor Otti Sets Up Judicial Panel To Probe Past Administration by abobote: 3:12pm On Jun 30, 2023
I don't think any administration has successfully probe the past administration in Nigeria. Let's see how this one goes

2 Likes

Re: Governor Otti Sets Up Judicial Panel To Probe Past Administration by HembaqMbk: 3:18pm On Jun 30, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
He is doing the right thing that should not be his priority for now. He should document everything and start on a clean slate

Is he the one probing them? He has set up committee to do that. Have you been to Aba? If yes, you will understand why it is a MUST to probe and bring these guys to book.

Visit - Port Harcourt road, Ohanku, Obiohia etc. in Aba - you will never forgive Ikpeazu and TA Orji.

God bless.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Otti Sets Up Judicial Panel To Probe Past Administration by HembaqMbk: 3:18pm On Jun 30, 2023
worksmart:
I think doing a probe of the past administration could be a distraction and even dangerous. I think he should just start from ground zero, but still try and recover assets that could be recovered.

Is he the one probing them? He has set up committee to do that. Have you been to Aba? If yes, you will understand why it is a MUST to probe and bring these guys to book.

Visit - Port Harcourt road, Ohanku, Obiohia etc. in Aba - you will never forgive Ikpeazu and TA Orji.

God bless.

1 Like

Re: Governor Otti Sets Up Judicial Panel To Probe Past Administration by sukar886: 3:22pm On Jun 30, 2023
Otti , no carry probing give excuss , abia depends on u
Re: Governor Otti Sets Up Judicial Panel To Probe Past Administration by Nyceguy92: 3:28pm On Jun 30, 2023
Saying the governor should start from ground zero and not carry out any probe is wrong.

Without doing so, impurities will continue.
Misappropriation of fund and conversation of public property to self should not be allowed.
Re: Governor Otti Sets Up Judicial Panel To Probe Past Administration by stanbright(m): 3:32pm On Jun 30, 2023
seeme2:
Sit down and watch how failure government works. Labour Party is showing us how not to govern. Their governor, Otti's body language since he assumed power a month ago has been to blame everybody else.
How?
Re: Governor Otti Sets Up Judicial Panel To Probe Past Administration by Afamed: 3:39pm On Jun 30, 2023
FOOTSOLDIER2:
Way to go, just as Peter Obi will probe Buhari and Tinubu before the year comes to an end

Obi has started probing them , that was why Obi was crying few days ago about the number of cars in President Tinubu convoy
Re: Governor Otti Sets Up Judicial Panel To Probe Past Administration by magzey: 3:39pm On Jun 30, 2023
FOOTSOLDIER2:
If he finally found out that 3 million votes is greater than 8 million votes abi? grin grin

1 Like

Re: Governor Otti Sets Up Judicial Panel To Probe Past Administration by FSBoperator: 3:42pm On Jun 30, 2023
Lumig:
He has to, otherwise na the same people (Obidients) wey dey praise him now would be the ones that will vehemently criticize him later, especially when he does not have much fund to carry out his promises

Funds from where ?

This parasitic state depends wholly on the FG to run it's affairs .

And when you add that SE produces zero or adds any real value to our economy , you will see them as a net drain on our polity.

At least north adds to our economy via agriculture .

What does SE contribute ?

Nada!

A welfare case claiming to be independent.

1 Like

Re: Governor Otti Sets Up Judicial Panel To Probe Past Administration by CJStarz: 3:47pm On Jun 30, 2023
This shouldn't be a priority inasmuch as it Is needful. It would only portray Alex Otti as a very vindictive person. This whole exercise would end up derailing good governance which Abians have craved for all these years
Re: Governor Otti Sets Up Judicial Panel To Probe Past Administration by Manrise: 3:49pm On Jun 30, 2023
Wahala every corner
Re: Governor Otti Sets Up Judicial Panel To Probe Past Administration by frog12: 3:56pm On Jun 30, 2023
good work. but the man short oo grin
Re: Governor Otti Sets Up Judicial Panel To Probe Past Administration by Nathan2016: 4:00pm On Jun 30, 2023
Goalnaldo:
Good. But dont spend all your time probing them.

That is why there is a panel for the inquiry.
Re: Governor Otti Sets Up Judicial Panel To Probe Past Administration by frazee: 4:01pm On Jun 30, 2023
Otti should put his energy on delivering Abia state from the claws of neglect and abandonment.
Abia state need practical change.
Public schools are dead,
Bad roads everywhere
Revive Aba.
He should relax on what has been stolen because trying to get what was stolen might even take him as far as orji uzor tenure..
We need things to work in Abia state...
Re: Governor Otti Sets Up Judicial Panel To Probe Past Administration by Nathan2016: 4:03pm On Jun 30, 2023
worksmart:
I think doing a probe of the past administration could be a distraction and even dangerous. I think he should just start from ground zero, but still try and recover assets that could be recovered.

Typical Nigerian, no accountability but still want excellence.

Most times I think the citizen are just as bad and even worse than the leaders.

If there is misappropriation of fund, they or it must be probe. Public Money does not belong to individual or a certain people.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Otti Sets Up Judicial Panel To Probe Past Administration by AskNgige2: 4:07pm On Jun 30, 2023
ednut1:
I served in abia state in 2012. They didn’t even have a government house. The ministries be like buka kiosks. I was shocked because Orji Kalu was popular back then. The Governor then was also useless. Paid salaries once in 4 months 🤣
Am from Obowo in IMO state close to umuahia... The place be like okene in kogi state...

2 Likes

Re: Governor Otti Sets Up Judicial Panel To Probe Past Administration by Nathan2016: 4:13pm On Jun 30, 2023
frazee:
Otti should put his energy on delivering Abia state from the claws of neglect and abandonment.
Abia state need practical change.
Public schools are dead,
Bad roads everywhere
Revive Aba.
He should relax on what has been stolen because trying to get what was stolen might even take him as far as orji uzor tenure..
We need things to work in Abia state...

How do you want things to work without accountability.

There is a reason he imitated the council. Governance is run like a company and if a leader exit and you see there was a misappropriation of fund, then you investigate it. There is nothing wrong with that.

Only in Nigeria that i see people being scared of probing thieves. I think it reflect the society we have and want.

I am from Abia State and I know the kind of corruption that is going on there.

During the 90s and 2000s, Abia wasnt that bad, but the current leaders have mad a mess of the country.

Probing is part of his job.
Re: Governor Otti Sets Up Judicial Panel To Probe Past Administration by ViceGovernor: 4:16pm On Jun 30, 2023
PrincessofDSS:

🤙
Better late than never
For real someone needs to checkmate past administrations recklessness...esp at state level.

Imagine a situation where there's that fear a governor can to jail after his tenure that will reduce their tyranny but naija na one kind twisted country where the abnormal is normal.
Ma do you work with DSS?
If yes *I'm running out your mention asap* grin
Re: Governor Otti Sets Up Judicial Panel To Probe Past Administration by frazee: 4:24pm On Jun 30, 2023
Nathan2016:

How do you want things to work without accountability.

There is a reason he imitated the council. Governance is run like a company and if a leader exit and you see there was a misappropriation of fund, then you investigate it. There is nothing wrong with that.

Only in Nigeria that i see people being scared of probing thieves. I think it reflect the society we have and want.

I am from Abia State and I know the kind of corruption that is going on there.

During the 90s and 2000s, Abia wasnt that bad, but the current leaders have mad a mess of the country.

Probing is part of his job.

I am equally from Abia (ikwuano).
The state is in the worst form dilapidation.
There are many things to be done, let's see template of how it will be done..
You can secretly setup the recovery team, so it doesn't seem like he is out to witch hunt.
I was in the state some weeks back, it's very sad...
Aba has lost it glory...
We need to see practical steps to get the state back... alot needs to be done
Re: Governor Otti Sets Up Judicial Panel To Probe Past Administration by VIKTO83(m): 4:34pm On Jun 30, 2023
Note: I'm from Abia state and never had I supported the brazen rape on our commonwealth but trust is that Otti has started poorly by this move.
He need to be told that panel of enquiry is illegal and can never indict anyone.
Take Rivers state for instance and other states.
I was thinking Otti was smarter than this.
Leave those old crooks and start a new Abia.

1 Like

Re: Governor Otti Sets Up Judicial Panel To Probe Past Administration by bros856: 4:56pm On Jun 30, 2023
Oh Abia State with a wrong choice once again. Misplaced priorities. Why not focus on developing the existing infrastructures and building new infrastructures first before putting all your time and resources/energy on the past. Something that will never see the light of the day.
Re: Governor Otti Sets Up Judicial Panel To Probe Past Administration by Nathan2016: 5:13pm On Jun 30, 2023
frazee:

I am equally from Abia (ikwuano).
The state is in the worst form dilapidation.
There are many things to be done, let's see template of how it will be done..
You can secretly setup the recovery team, so it doesn't seem like he is out to witch hunt.
I was in the state some weeks back, it's very sad...
Aba has lost it glory...
We need to see practical steps to get the state back... alot needs to be done

There is no reason to secretly setup the recovery team when there is a clear indication of misappropriation of public fund. I havent seen him asking bulldozers to pull down a building. He has taken an excellent step in setting up a council. Abia State is a mess and even so, Nigeria and all the states are a mess.

Accountability in public office is not witch hunt. Even as advanced as US is, the former president is still being probed. If you know your hands are clean, you shouldnt be afraid.

Only a thief or thief apologist is scared of being probe.
Re: Governor Otti Sets Up Judicial Panel To Probe Past Administration by arsenal33: 5:21pm On Jun 30, 2023
He said he will not probe grin grin grin
Re: Governor Otti Sets Up Judicial Panel To Probe Past Administration by cardoctor(m): 5:26pm On Jun 30, 2023
Wahala

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Osita Chidoka: The Betta Edu Saga Reveals Deep Systemic Issues / Nigerian States And Zones Ranked By Igr / Sylva Threatens To Embarrass GEJ By Releasing Sensitive Documents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.