Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,974 members, 7,817,870 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:46 PM

FG Increases Custom Rates For Clearing Agents - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Increases Custom Rates For Clearing Agents (1998 Views)

Border Reopening: Clearing Agents Knock FG, Say Closure Disastrous / FG Increases Prices Of Electricity Meters / FG Increases Electricity Tariff By 50% (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Increases Custom Rates For Clearing Agents by obonujoker(m): 9:42am On Jun 30, 2023
Na wa....

Make we dey manage our cars o... grin

Some people no go fit buy toks again... Lol grin

Re: FG Increases Custom Rates For Clearing Agents by TemplarLandry: 9:43am On Jun 30, 2023
Re: FG Increases Custom Rates For Clearing Agents by Bidema: 9:48am On Jun 30, 2023
This is why Automobiles are far more expensive in Nigeria than small countries like Cotonou. Please do we really have a dream for a new Nigeria that we all can live like other small countries without natural resources

6 Likes

Re: FG Increases Custom Rates For Clearing Agents by CodeTemplar: 9:51am On Jun 30, 2023
Multiple taxation. Once clearing agents offset the extra burden on their service cost, imported goods go up generally and the masses pay.
I hope it applies to luxury and leisure things and not on machines.
Re: FG Increases Custom Rates For Clearing Agents by Queenslander(f): 9:54am On Jun 30, 2023
APC

Sold a dream, given a nightmare!!

6 Likes

Re: FG Increases Custom Rates For Clearing Agents by helinues: 9:54am On Jun 30, 2023
No unnecessary borrowing this time around.

We need to generate the money internally

1 Like

Re: FG Increases Custom Rates For Clearing Agents by b3llo(m): 9:54am On Jun 30, 2023
Omo! Fuel and clearing cost wahala on. Nigeria go survive.

1 Like

Re: FG Increases Custom Rates For Clearing Agents by CodeTemplar: 10:02am On Jun 30, 2023
helinues:

generate more money from the system but give almost nothing back to aid the system. Isn't it better they just print their money and keep it instead of circulating it, make people work hard for it then make the working process so hard on people?

8 Likes

Re: FG Increases Custom Rates For Clearing Agents by Georgry(m): 10:05am On Jun 30, 2023
Fg are getting mad I swear

3 Likes

Re: FG Increases Custom Rates For Clearing Agents by OneCandleAway(f): 10:07am On Jun 30, 2023
CodeTemplar:
generate more money from the system but give almost nothing back to aid the system. Isn't it better they just print their money and keep it instead of circulating it, make people work hard for it then make the working process so hard on people?

You can't over tax the people and expect the country to prosper. Over taxation is why I never wanted Tinubu. He over taxes. There are other ways the govt can generate revenue, we have multiple natural resources, the zamfara gold I have never heard anything about how the gold is adding to our income. How do you encourage SME when you're taxing them to death.

9 Likes

Re: FG Increases Custom Rates For Clearing Agents by obonujoker(m): 10:10am On Jun 30, 2023
helinues:

With which money??

Hopefully salaries will be increased to cushion all these increments

4 Likes

Re: FG Increases Custom Rates For Clearing Agents by Parachoco: 10:10am On Jun 30, 2023
Bidema:
This is why Automobiles are far more expensive in Nigeria than small countries like Cotonou. Please do we really have a dream for a new Nigeria that we all can live like other small countries without natural resources
You're lying

Car is not far cheaper in Cotonou than Lagos

You can bring out your valid evidence to prove me wrong though
Re: FG Increases Custom Rates For Clearing Agents by CodeTemplar: 10:20am On Jun 30, 2023
OneCandleAway:

You can't over tax the people and expect the country to prosper. Over taxation is why I never wanted Tinubu. He over taxes. There are other ways the govt can generate revenue, we have multiple natural resources, the zamfara gold I have never heard anything about how the gold is adding to our income. How do you encourage SME when you're taxing them to death.
cry
Re: FG Increases Custom Rates For Clearing Agents by MXrep: 10:26am On Jun 30, 2023
helinues:

You will only increase poverty, the solution is to support small businesses to increase production for export. Taxation is never a sign of progress

5 Likes

Re: FG Increases Custom Rates For Clearing Agents by helinues: 10:27am On Jun 30, 2023
MXrep:

You will only increase poverty, the solution is to support small businesses to increase production for export. Taxation is never a sign of progress

Increase poverty? How?
Re: FG Increases Custom Rates For Clearing Agents by WorldRichest: 10:53am On Jun 30, 2023
helinues:

You are very right my Nigga. But, this increase is too much. So many increases in the prices of everything across all aspects of life. Blocking loopholes for looting will give more money and not suffocate the masses.

5 Likes

Re: FG Increases Custom Rates For Clearing Agents by Houseofglam7(f): 11:28am On Jun 30, 2023
🀲🏼🀲🏼🀲🏼🀲🏼😫😫😫🀲🏼🀲🏼🀲🏼
Re: FG Increases Custom Rates For Clearing Agents by fuckingAyaya(m): 11:31am On Jun 30, 2023
The increment will Favour..................... grin

4 Likes

Re: FG Increases Custom Rates For Clearing Agents by IVORY2009(m): 11:37am On Jun 30, 2023
The govt should calm down a bit, the masses needs to settle down with the subsidy removal before other stuff would come in gradually, I don't know those advising the selected president, he is going awire

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Increases Custom Rates For Clearing Agents by DatNiggaDaz: 11:39am On Jun 30, 2023
helinues:

Oya take go & generate yours. Not by pay per Post on Nairaland generation Lol

Re: FG Increases Custom Rates For Clearing Agents by starstaz(m): 12:42pm On Jun 30, 2023
We are going into recession: no magic about this
Re: FG Increases Custom Rates For Clearing Agents by obonujoker(m): 12:51pm On Jun 30, 2023
Lol

1 Kings 12:10 And the young men that were grown up with him spake unto him, saying, Thus shalt thou speak unto this people that spake unto thee, saying, Thy father made our yoke heavy, but make thou it lighter unto us; thus shalt thou say unto them, My little finger shall be thicker than my father's loins.
12:11 And now whereas my father did lade you with a heavy yoke, I will add to your yoke: my father hath chastised you with whips, but I will chastise you with scorpions.
Re: FG Increases Custom Rates For Clearing Agents by MrRichmond: 1:01pm On Jun 30, 2023
one of the reasons I didn't want tinubu to win.

Over taxing will lead to more poverty and reduce the purchasing power of Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: FG Increases Custom Rates For Clearing Agents by RECTEM: 1:24pm On Jun 30, 2023
Tax collector is in charge

1 Like

Re: FG Increases Custom Rates For Clearing Agents by sholay4star: 3:32pm On Jun 30, 2023
He said he will widen the tax net and he's doing
Re: FG Increases Custom Rates For Clearing Agents by OneCandleAway(f): 3:39pm On Jun 30, 2023
MrRichmond:
one of the reasons I didn't want tinubu to win.

Over taxing will lead to more poverty and reduce the purchasing power of Nigerians.

Anyone that studies lagos will know to expect over taxation.

2 Likes

Re: FG Increases Custom Rates For Clearing Agents by PrincessofDSS(f): 4:03pm On Jun 30, 2023
Remodeling of Nigeria to Lagos standard, expect more taxes and hikes
Re: FG Increases Custom Rates For Clearing Agents by Opanka44(m): 4:14pm On Jun 30, 2023
They just keep increasing everything in this country except Salaries and Wages of hardworking Workers

1 Like

Re: FG Increases Custom Rates For Clearing Agents by ojesymsym: 4:18pm On Jun 30, 2023
Interesting
Re: FG Increases Custom Rates For Clearing Agents by Seniormanchi: 4:21pm On Jun 30, 2023
Parachoco:
You're lying

Car is not far cheaper in Cotonou than Lagos

Please explain!
Re: FG Increases Custom Rates For Clearing Agents by hungkee: 4:27pm On Jun 30, 2023
This is pure Lagos blueprint of over taxation, next is tolling of our roads, even pedestrians will soon be taxed.
Ordinary food wey poor man chop dey vex Tinubu, him wan tax everything.
Re: FG Increases Custom Rates For Clearing Agents by 9jatriot(m): 4:34pm On Jun 30, 2023
Just so we are clear, did they increase the rates or the new exchange rate is what is affecting the clearing rate? I know there is a component of the clearing fee that is valued in USD, so before now they were using the 416USD exchange rate, but not that the rate is now around 770USD, it is expected that the clearing fee will also change.

I think it is the newly floated exchange rate. That means theoretically, if the exchange rate was to reduce then the clearing rate will also reduce.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Biography Of Hafsat Abubakar Bakari (photo) / Why Every Non Igboid Deltan Must Key Into Anioma State / Inte Credit Card &identity Theft Ring Of Nigerians In New York Dismantled

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.