Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,155 members, 7,821,929 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:02 PM

'Save Us From Losing Accreditation’ — UNIBEN Geology Begs For N2.5m - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 'Save Us From Losing Accreditation’ — UNIBEN Geology Begs For N2.5m (1080 Views)

UNIBEN May Lose Geology Accreditation As Varsity Begs For N2.5m Funding / Loss Of Accreditation: UNIBEN Optometry Students Protest, Block School Gate / Many Geologists Are Riding Okada - Olugbenga Okunlola, UI Professor Of Geology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'Save Us From Losing Accreditation’ — UNIBEN Geology Begs For N2.5m by BleedingPen: 9:51pm On Jun 30, 2023
University of Benin (UNIBEN) Geology Department has raised the alarm that the department is at the verge of losing its accreditation, while appealing for the public to come to its rescue.

The alarm was raised in a letter signed by the Head of the Department, Professor O. E. Imasuen, and addressed to all alumni of the Department, sighted by METROWATCH.

A copy of the letter obtained by METROWATCH on Friday dated 27th June, 2023 was titled: ‘Appeal for Fund to Save the Department of Geology, University of Benin’.

Imasuen said the Department have been given a last chance to face the accreditation between 6 – 11 August by the Council of Nigerian Mining Engineers and Geoscientists (CONMEG).

According to him, in order to prepare for the accreditation, the Department has to raise a minimum of two million, five hundred thousand Naira (N2,500,000.00).

He explained that the N2.5 million Naira would be used to cover accreditation fee, transportation, accommodation, feeding and other logistics for the CONEG accreditation team.

Imasuen said the biggest challenge now is that UNIBEN has stopped funding of accreditation by any professional body as it is now entirely up to the department to source for fund for accreditation of their programme.

The Head of Department, therefore, appealed to all alumni of the Department of Geology, UNIBEN to come urgently to the aid of the department for this accreditation and other teething needs of the department.

CONMEG is the professional regulatory body for Mining Engineering and Geosciences degree programs in Nigeria.

https://metrowatchxtra.com/2023/06/30/save-us-from-losing-accreditation-uniben-geology-begs-for-n2-5m-metrowatch/

Lala Seun Mynd4

Re: 'Save Us From Losing Accreditation’ — UNIBEN Geology Begs For N2.5m by BleedingPen: 9:51pm On Jun 30, 2023
Re: 'Save Us From Losing Accreditation’ — UNIBEN Geology Begs For N2.5m by Onowu33: 9:57pm On Jun 30, 2023
Ok
Re: 'Save Us From Losing Accreditation’ — UNIBEN Geology Begs For N2.5m by Researcher720(f): 9:59pm On Jun 30, 2023
It shall be well
Re: 'Save Us From Losing Accreditation’ — UNIBEN Geology Begs For N2.5m by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 10:02pm On Jun 30, 2023
I am so happy about this making it to Nairaland

When I talked about raising the bar in the previous thread, I faced many criticisms. It’s shouldn’t be this bad if the bar can be raised with student’s paying their fair share.

If a department in the Great UNIBEN can be soliciting for funds, imagine how worse it has become. Now imagine what could be happening in Ekiti or Anambra state university.
Re: 'Save Us From Losing Accreditation’ — UNIBEN Geology Begs For N2.5m by rtdCivilservant: 11:21pm On Jun 30, 2023
So a whole department in a school no get 2.5M? So annoying of the HOD, can't he donate like 500k, and source the remaining from other lecturers in the department.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'Save Us From Losing Accreditation’ — UNIBEN Geology Begs For N2.5m by Angel55555(m): 5:26am On Jul 01, 2023
With the shitty way most public universities treat their students, why would any reasonable person give back after going through hell for 4 years ?

2 Likes

Re: 'Save Us From Losing Accreditation’ — UNIBEN Geology Begs For N2.5m by Waterlilly: 6:08am On Jul 01, 2023
make una tell una vc, she's loaded

1 Like

Re: 'Save Us From Losing Accreditation’ — UNIBEN Geology Begs For N2.5m by GlorifiedTunde(m): 6:21am On Jul 01, 2023
This is really sad.

1 Like

Re: 'Save Us From Losing Accreditation’ — UNIBEN Geology Begs For N2.5m by Sibbb: 7:12am On Jul 01, 2023
So accreditation is all about money, accommodating accreditation team, and all bullshit.

1 Like

Re: 'Save Us From Losing Accreditation’ — UNIBEN Geology Begs For N2.5m by jackmrandy: 9:21am On Jul 01, 2023
This is a joke. Let's assume in the whole department (from level 100 to final year) they have 256 students which I believe might be more than that. If each student is asked to pay 20k that's 256*20k, that's 4480000. That's times two of what they are looking for. Or let's even assume they asked student to pay half of the 20k which is 10k it will still give them that money. If the 10k is too much they can slash it down, and ask all lecturers in the department to donate. Compulsory donation. After they have been collecting salary for long. They don't need to come out publicly to cry. Even the Dean can afford this money. So what's the public outcry for. They have been collecting departmental money for years from students what have they been doing with this money?

3 Likes

Re: 'Save Us From Losing Accreditation’ — UNIBEN Geology Begs For N2.5m by Nigerfine3: 9:38am On Jul 01, 2023
Has the department ever produced graduates? Do they work? Where are they?
The head of the school that embezzles the school money nko? Let them raise that little money and get accredited
Re: 'Save Us From Losing Accreditation’ — UNIBEN Geology Begs For N2.5m by free2ryhme: 9:46am On Jul 01, 2023
Re: 'Save Us From Losing Accreditation’ — UNIBEN Geology Begs For N2.5m by christejames(m): 10:01am On Jul 01, 2023
Chai! 2.5 million? 😲

The department no get alumni?

Slawomir, your Alma Mater is in indeed of financial intervention.
Re: 'Save Us From Losing Accreditation’ — UNIBEN Geology Begs For N2.5m by Nobody: 10:30am On Jul 01, 2023
2.5m shouldn't be too big for a department in the great UniBen to cover.

The department should task it students. But if the students have already paid departmental fees, then the department should resort to the departmental fees already paid by the students to cover the accreditation fees.

In my school, I pay as highly as 101k as departmental fee alone (a federal university). I pray God makes a way for my family to be able to pay my next session fees come January 2024.
Re: 'Save Us From Losing Accreditation’ — UNIBEN Geology Begs For N2.5m by clockwisereport: 10:31am On Jul 01, 2023
SPE... OIL AND GAS

These ones go dey behave like say na them get all oil company jobs in Nigeria.
Re: 'Save Us From Losing Accreditation’ — UNIBEN Geology Begs For N2.5m by Reloadedisraelp: 10:38am On Jul 01, 2023
Miracood2:
2.5m shouldn't be too big for a department in the great UniBen to cover.

The department should task it students. But if the students have already paid departmental fees, then the department should resort to the departmental fees already paid by the students to cover the accreditation fees.

In my school, I pay as highly as 101k as departmental fee alone (a federal university). I pray God makes a way for my family to be able to pay my next session fees come January 2024.
dude here it's

MBC July JOURNEY

#GentlePEACE
#Miracood2
#Zee0007
#MBC2023
1/90

2AAEF748
Re: 'Save Us From Losing Accreditation’ — UNIBEN Geology Begs For N2.5m by Nobody: 10:41am On Jul 01, 2023
Reloadedisraelp:
dude here it's

MBC July JOURNEY

#GentlePEACE
#Miracood2
#Zee0007
#MBC2023
1/90

2AAEF748

U don't need to stake it tho. I'll be staking it over here.

Is this option safe though?
Re: 'Save Us From Losing Accreditation’ — UNIBEN Geology Begs For N2.5m by Nobody: 10:54am On Jul 01, 2023
Reloadedisraelp:
dude here it's

MBC July JOURNEY

#GentlePEACE
#Miracood2
#Zee0007
#MBC2023
1/90

2AAEF748
See the Rules

1. Under 4.5 or 5.5 for FT
2. Over 0.5 for FT
3. Under 3.5 for 1st Half.
4. No repetition of games already played by other punters

1 Like

Re: 'Save Us From Losing Accreditation’ — UNIBEN Geology Begs For N2.5m by marsup: 11:47am On Jul 01, 2023
Organise events to create awareness and raise money instead of begging.
Re: 'Save Us From Losing Accreditation’ — UNIBEN Geology Begs For N2.5m by BleedingPen: 11:48am On Jul 01, 2023
Lala Seun Mynd4 FP
Re: 'Save Us From Losing Accreditation’ — UNIBEN Geology Begs For N2.5m by ekineme: 12:02pm On Jul 01, 2023
rtdCivilservant:
So a whole department in a school no get 2.5M? So annoying of the HOD, can't he donate like 500k, and source the remaining from other lecturers in the department.

Guy you are Funny, do you know the said HOD didn't receive salary for 8months likewise the lecturers in the department due to ASUU strike, some are just recovering from the debt they incurred from various sources and you want same HOD whose salary is like 475k to donate 500k?
The best bet is to tax N500 as accreditation fee from all students in his department and he will have leftover to handover to the next administration as "Excess crude"
Re: 'Save Us From Losing Accreditation’ — UNIBEN Geology Begs For N2.5m by Reloadedisraelp: 1:11pm On Jul 01, 2023
Miracood2:

U don't need to stake it tho. I'll be staking it over here.

Is this option safe though?
yes ...pls clearify me on the betting thread if u have stake.... I started with 1k thou
Re: 'Save Us From Losing Accreditation’ — UNIBEN Geology Begs For N2.5m by OloYeOfEgbE: 1:53pm On Jul 01, 2023
Omo ordinary 2.5m...

How much is left biko?
Re: 'Save Us From Losing Accreditation’ — UNIBEN Geology Begs For N2.5m by Reloadedisraelp: 7:02pm On Jul 01, 2023
Miracood2:

See the Rules

1. Under 4.5 or 5.5 for FT
2. Over 0.5 for FT
3. Under 3.5 for 1st Half.
4. No repetition of games already played by other punters
if u didn't play the game n won't accept my options replace me then..thank

(1) (Reply)

Universities In Nigeria / Nigerians Don't Like To Read / Good News For Those Who Scored Below 200 In 2008 Ume.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.