Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,586 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

How Does One Survive With This New Utility Increment? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Does One Survive With This New Utility Increment? (28958 Views)

How Does One Get A Government Appointment? / Increment Of VAT To 7.2%: Nigerians Slam FG / Sanwo-Olu Visits LASTMA, Approves 100% Salary Increment (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Does One Survive With This New Utility Increment? by tunnex190: 5:54pm On Jul 01, 2023
yongg:

The arrangement we have is we buy the meters, registered in the landlord's name, so obviously we can leave with it and he has to subtract that value and expenses from the next rent payment.

I think that may be better than buying the meter and registering in your name at a location that isn't permanent because if you move it may not be so easy to reintegrate it at your new location, it could be same state but will it be the same line? I usually hear of line/tarrif A, B and C.
Will it also be the same EDC? Heck you new location might even be a different state.

I don't really know how it is done, so I am spit-balling here, contact your nearest EDC for better advice.

It is better this way. We did the same in my location. We just talked to the landlord and he agreed that if anyone is willing to pay for it that we should do it. But it is always better to buy the metres with the landlord's info. So, when the next tenant who's paying for his rent just used his money to buy 5 metres and we all agreed to pay for the installation and all ourselves. So don't try and buy it with your names on it
Re: How Does One Survive With This New Utility Increment? by Oloki: 5:56pm On Jul 01, 2023
yongg:

The arrangement we have is we buy the meters, registered in the landlord's name, so obviously we can leave with it and he has to subtract that value and expenses from the next rent payment.

I think that may be better than buying the meter and registering in your name at a location that isn't permanent because if you move it may not be so easy to reintegrate it at your new location, it could be same state but will it be the same line? I usually hear of line/tarrif A, B and C.
Will it also be the same EDC? Heck you new location might even be a different state.

I don't really know how it is done, so I am spit-balling here, contact your nearest EDC for better advice.

Ok. Thanks. I will look into it.
Re: How Does One Survive With This New Utility Increment? by Sniper101(m): 5:57pm On Jul 01, 2023
I really don't understand how this 40% increment of a thing played out cos yesterday I sent 5k to a NEPA friend of mine for her to send me some tokens.
She sent me 80unit tokens cos normally 1k gives me 16units.
I sent her another 3k this morning for her to send me some more; hoping to beat the increment deadline.
I was shocked when she sent me 72units; which is 24units per 1k this time around.

I had to call her and ask her "What's up?"
And she said that's how she sef saw it

I really don't get it.
Re: How Does One Survive With This New Utility Increment? by jmoore(m): 6:27pm On Jul 01, 2023
Sniper101:
I really don't understand how this 40% increment of a thing played out cos yesterday I sent 5k to a NEPA friend of mine for her to send me some tokens.
She sent me 80unit tokens cos normally 1k gives me 16units.
I sent her another 3k this morning for her to send me some more; hoping to beat the increment deadline.
I was shocked when she sent me 72units; which is 24units per 1k this time around.

I had to call her and ask her "What's up?"
And she said that's how she sef saw it

I really don't get it.

I doubt if there was any 40% increase. But DISCOS can change their rate at anytime.

May I know why you can't buy the tokens online by yourself?
Re: How Does One Survive With This New Utility Increment? by Johnjustice: 6:52pm On Jul 01, 2023
Federal and state governments must utilize their capacity and resources they control on behalf of their people, increase the power generation capacity, go source for investors and encourage local investors in power. State governments should stop being lazy heads, just building buildings and roads, increase the capacity of your people. Increase in electricity tarrif will stunt our economic growth, we need cheap accessible electricity, so the people can buy goods and services at lesser prices, and have more money to spend, to optimize economic mobilization.
Re: How Does One Survive With This New Utility Increment? by hedonido: 7:07pm On Jul 01, 2023
fredoooooo:

Hypocrites, now you're running as usual , you can never take things youv throw at people.. you can't take responsibilities.
Once again, all the cancer Johnathan and pdp cretaed for Nigeria, shall be ya portions and that of ya family .. AMEN, ASE,ISE
Oloriburuku ma shanfani people ..

You're too old for this rubbish, you disgusting fool. Agbaya with zero shame. Spit on you.
Re: How Does One Survive With This New Utility Increment? by fredoooooo: 7:33pm On Jul 01, 2023
hedonido:

You're too old for this rubbish, you disgusting fool. Agbaya with zero shame. Spit on you.
Spit on ya fada and generations ... Eleribu oni frustration grin cheesy
Re: How Does One Survive With This New Utility Increment? by sacajawea: 7:52pm On Jul 01, 2023
Oloki:

Not funny at all. In our building, six flats of self contain, they gave us 64k last month. Only God knows how much we are getting this month
And y'all paid??
Re: How Does One Survive With This New Utility Increment? by LOVEGINO(m): 8:27pm On Jul 01, 2023
femtex007:

For which country biko
our beloved naija
Re: How Does One Survive With This New Utility Increment? by Cromagnon: 8:55pm On Jul 01, 2023
crossfm:
Hehehe.

The only logical thing to do is to cut cost,cut cost and cut cost.

Freezer's and light can't be on unnecessary. Once things are frozen just off the freezer. Look for energy saving bulbs.
If you have car now plan your movement,no more using car to go and barb your hair grin.

I was one of those who was against the unplanned removal of subsidy. I support the removal,but is of the view that measures on how to tackle the effect of the removal, should be in motion first.

How do you tackle 63yrs of laziness

We might have backed different people during the election,but the reality on ground now is that we are now in this together.

The ones laughing the policies of the government,the ones supporting and even the neutral one,we are all in this together.

My wish is that all the sacrifices Nigerians are making now should never be for nothing.
what sacrifice are we making abi politicians are sacrificing you.?
We don't produce anything yet want to consume every
Think am na
Re: How Does One Survive With This New Utility Increment? by Oloki: 9:03pm On Jul 01, 2023
sacajawea:

And y'all paid??

We no get choice, unless the light will be disconnected. This last one, we all paid 7k each
Re: How Does One Survive With This New Utility Increment? by VicUkegbu(m): 9:13pm On Jul 01, 2023
Nigerians

Suffering and smiling
Re: How Does One Survive With This New Utility Increment? by VicUkegbu(m): 9:16pm On Jul 01, 2023
finallybusy:
Na for bachelors to move back into their parents’ home. By the time you add your salary to the utility bills, you all can live frivolously. I can’t come and kill myself. Being a man is not an easy feat. Sometimes know when to retreat from uphill battles.

Honestly, it isn't easy!!!
But we'll survive.
Re: How Does One Survive With This New Utility Increment? by jomarick(m): 10:52pm On Jul 01, 2023
Oloki:

Not funny at all. In our building, six flats of self contain, they gave us 64k last month. Only God knows how much we are getting this month
that's exactly what they brought to use last month 64k. Four mini flats and 10 selfcon. Am not bothered about the estimated bill, I hardly buy gas, I run my Ac at will, my double door refrigerator runs 24/7
As I dey look sef, e be like say I go carry transformer comrplug for my house.
Re: How Does One Survive With This New Utility Increment? by ghettochild(m): 11:05pm On Jul 01, 2023
U have to manage
When u leaving the house....all appliances shd be off
Even at night when u r sleeping..
Only the fan stays on..
U just have to manage..
If u using electric stove.
Switch to gas
Re: How Does One Survive With This New Utility Increment? by Melagros(m): 11:17pm On Jul 01, 2023
id4sho:
It will favour me and my family undecided. Renewed hope shege
My brother a whole graduate told me this i was shocked!

2 Likes

Re: How Does One Survive With This New Utility Increment? by Sniper101(m): 12:13am On Jul 02, 2023
jmoore:

I doubt if there was any 40% increase. But DISCOS can change their rate at anytime.

May I know why you can't buy the tokens online by yourself?

It can be bought via one's bank app?
I didn't know that.
Re: How Does One Survive With This New Utility Increment? by jimcaddy(m): 2:56am On Jul 02, 2023
On our mandate we shall stand. We never see anything. Nigerians that voted Tinubu and the APC GOVERNMENT INTO POWER. I WARNED you all, but you didn't listen. I said all of us will suffer for this. Let's see how we will all cope. What's my own. Shebi our eyes have cleared. More tax increments too. It's going to get worse, just watch. I loaded 1000 naira worth of Units today and got just 9khz. That's about 102 naira per khz. We never see shege yet. It's still loading.
Re: How Does One Survive With This New Utility Increment? by Foodqueen(f): 3:58am On Jul 02, 2023
I still can't load on Eko electric.
Re: How Does One Survive With This New Utility Increment? by SolarEngr(m): 5:11am On Jul 02, 2023
I am a SOLAR ENGINEER, with at least ₦200k you can go Solar, check my thread Solar Inverter Installation. Send a dm.
Re: How Does One Survive With This New Utility Increment? by maasoap(m): 5:23am On Jul 02, 2023
louso:
I tried recharging my prepaid Meter all through yesterday June 30th, all failed; maybe the traffic of panic buying of the old rate being the last day was responsible for the glitch. Woke up very early this morning to recharge and boom it went just at the 1st trial, chai!!!

I recharged 20k and I got 267 units in return. I was shocked. Usually 1500 is for the 7.5%(VAT). I quickly did the maths 18500 divided by 267.(something). So my tariff now is around 69 Naira per KWH. Mehn, cold gripped me, before now when u buy 20k, u are good for a month due to epileptic power supply. Ironically we have been having 24hours power supply, only God knows if this will last up to 3 weeks sef.

Everything is increasing except for salaries that are on stunted growth. From Fuel, that has impacted directing on food cost and transportation. While this Electric tariff increment will have a larger impact on almost everything. But we all know that the Masses will bear the brunt if it all.

Which way o? How do a common Man survive with all these skyrocketing Bills?

Lol. When we were already being given 9 units/kwh for recharging N1,000 in my area. This new tariff increase might push tariff in my area to N110 per unit.
Re: How Does One Survive With This New Utility Increment? by maasoap(m): 5:29am On Jul 02, 2023
crossfm:
Hehehe.

The only logical thing to do is to cut cost,cut cost and cut cost.

Freezer's and light can't be on unnecessary. Once things are frozen just off the freezer. Look for energy saving bulbs.
If you have car now plan your movement,no more using car to go and barb your hair grin.

I was one of those who was against the unplanned removal of subsidy. I support the removal,but is of the view that measures on how to tackle the effect of the removal, should be in motion first.

You people have been told to stop making this statement, "I support subsidy removal" but. What do you stand to gain from subsidy removal other than this hardships and frustration we're seeing everywhere? What were you losing when subsidy was in place?

We might have backed different people during the election,but the reality on ground now is that we are now in this together.

The ones laughing the policies of the government,the ones supporting and even the neutral one,we are all in this together.

My wish is that all the sacrifices Nigerians are making now should never be for nothing.
Hear yourself now, you traded reality and benefit for a mere wish. With this level of corruption in Nigeria, I'm afraid to say that it might be all for nothing.
Re: How Does One Survive With This New Utility Increment? by maasoap(m): 5:32am On Jul 02, 2023
olasaad:

Ex-service Chiefs To Get Four Bulletproof Suvs, 20 Domestic Aides, 36 Soldiers read this news and tell us how poor Nigeria will gain from all this policy cheesy

The guy you quoted is dreaming.
Re: How Does One Survive With This New Utility Increment? by maasoap(m): 5:38am On Jul 02, 2023
Danisaint112:
Tinubu regime will favour me and my family crew

I Hope you all that voted and rigged for this disaster of a party called APC will have higher units than others and bill reduced when you display your APC membership card or wave the broom for them.

How people voted for APC that is killing them to rescue them knowing fully well that the same set of thiefs will be reinforced still baffles me

When we ask you to elect leaders with the genuine interest of the people at heart, a leader that truly listens to the people, accessible and proactive you all corn addicts rather decided to heed to tribal and religious sentiments. undecided

We haven't gone anywhere yet this is just the beginning. By the time Tinubu is done looting and taxing, many dysfuntional brains will come back to life.

No one rigged anyone in, your master came third in the election.
APC votes was down to 8 million in 2023 from 12 million in 2019, that should tell you that APC lost 4 million voters instead of gaining additional supporters.
Had your Pandora master stayed with PDP, it would have been PDP 13 million votes against APC 8 million votes.

That one aside, LP and PDP equally promised to remove subsidy. So, safe your political rants
Re: How Does One Survive With This New Utility Increment? by LeoFish92(m): 5:59am On Jul 02, 2023
Jbleenk:
Go and tweak your meter and pay less. I tweaked mine and I’m paying less.

Don’t tell anybody this.

How much did it cost you to do the tweaking? And what's the new consumption like?
Re: How Does One Survive With This New Utility Increment? by Igwe9(m): 6:20am On Jul 02, 2023
We left someone that wanted to take us from consumption to production to someone that promised to widen the tax regime to get more money to the government.
maasoap:

No one rigged anyone in, your master came third in the election.
APC votes was down to 8 million in 2023 from 12 million in 2019, that should tell you that APC lost 4 million voters instead of gaining additional supporters.
Had your Pandora master stayed with PDP, it would have been PDP 13 million votes against APC 8 million votes.

That one aside, LP and PDP equally promised to remove subsidy. So, safe your political rants
removing subsidy is different from arbitrary price increase, if the price wasn't set high, how come did they sell the old stock at a much higher amount and now that the exchange rate has gone up, the price is still the same?
if government was paying N125 per litre in subsidy, how come the price rose to what it is now?
Nevertheless, you are immune to it, even if you are, nothing lasts forever.
Re: How Does One Survive With This New Utility Increment? by Love800(m): 6:28am On Jul 02, 2023
Tankz sir. For the prepaid, Does it mean one will be having 24hrs of light without going off till the units is exhausted? Or sometimes there will not be light, even if you still have units? I want to get it clearer. Sorry for disturbing
jmoore:

1. Estimated billing: The apartment has no metre. Your bill is based on estimate. The NEPA guys can use the average consumption of others around you to make the estimate. The advantage about this is that you can consume more than what you pay. Most people on estimated billing cook with their electric stove, power AC 24/7.
The disadvantage is that you will pay for darkness when there is blackout for a longer period.

2. Post paid: A metre is installed. It records the amount of power you consume in kWh. The NEPA guys comes each month to take note of the consumption and gives you the bill to pay for what you have consumed.

3. Prepaid: Another type of metre. In this case, you have to load power units before you can have power supply, just same way you load recharge card before you can make a call. Once your loaded power units gets exhausted, the metre will automatically shutdown and there will be no power in your apartment. When you load again, it will automatically turn on.
Re: How Does One Survive With This New Utility Increment? by Love800(m): 6:29am On Jul 02, 2023
Tanks.

That is huge
Oloki:

We can if he allows us to convert the money to rent. Because you can't carry the prepaid meter with you when you are going. Moreso, the accumulated debt on the six flats is like 700k.
He has refuse to put a dime down and the tenants has agree to look for another accommodation. As it is now, we might get over 70k this month as NEPA bill.
Re: How Does One Survive With This New Utility Increment? by Love800(m): 6:34am On Jul 02, 2023
Tanks sir.

Like the 2kw solar is around which range in purchasing?
yongg:

There are solar pumps na.

But if you have a pump already that is not a solar pump, what you do is

- get the power rating of that pump or if you know the amount of horsepower that pump puts out, you can estimate the power rating...

For example, if your pump is 2 horsepower, 1 horsepower is approximately 750W, so 2hp will be 1.5KW. From this you will need a 2KW(higher than the pumps highest power requirements) Solar system to handle the pump (alone o, that is as long as no other appliance is running) .
Re: How Does One Survive With This New Utility Increment? by Love800(m): 6:36am On Jul 02, 2023
Tankz so much
pocohantas:

I have seen someone use it to iron. But most do not use the average family installation for such.
Re: How Does One Survive With This New Utility Increment? by Love800(m): 6:36am On Jul 02, 2023
Tankz

I appreciate
Dshocker:

Yes!!!
Re: How Does One Survive With This New Utility Increment? by Kobicove(m): 6:47am On Jul 02, 2023
Rumundele:
Nepa refuse to approve my request for a recharge token yesterday
I think they purposely shut it down to enable new tariff takes effect today.
God dey sja

You waited too late to do the recharge, you should have done it much earlier

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Stop Hating Other Nigerians If You Want To Produce President –Okorocha To Ndigbo / Tonye Cole Picks Victor Giadom As Running Mate / You Must Come For Debate, PDP Tells Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.