Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,236 members, 7,811,653 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:44 PM

How Does One Survive With This New Utility Increment? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Does One Survive With This New Utility Increment? (28935 Views)

How Does One Get A Government Appointment? / Increment Of VAT To 7.2%: Nigerians Slam FG / Sanwo-Olu Visits LASTMA, Approves 100% Salary Increment (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Does One Survive With This New Utility Increment? by writeprof(m): 11:09am On Jul 01, 2023
louso:
I tried recharging my prepaid Meter all through yesterday June 30th, all failed; maybe the traffic of panic buying of the old rate being the last day was responsible for the glitch. Woke up very early this morning to recharge and boom it went just at the 1st trial, chai!!!

I recharged 20k and I got 267 units in return. I was shocked. Usually 1500 is for the 7.5%(VAT). I quickly did the maths 18500 divided by 267.(something). So my tariff now is around 69 Naira per KWH. Mehn, cold gripped me, before now when u buy 20k, u are good for a month due to epileptic power supply. Ironically we have been having 24hours power supply, only God knows if this will last up to 3 weeks sef.

Everything is increasing except for salaries that are on stunted growth. From Fuel, that has impacted directing on food cost and transportation. While this Electric tariff increment will have a larger impact on almost everything. But we all know that the Masses will bear the brunt if it all.

Which way o? How do a common Man survive with all these skyrocketing Bills?

Some of us have been buying at ₦75 per kWh since last year when it went up from ₦40. But not from government provider.
Re: How Does One Survive With This New Utility Increment? by millionboi2: 11:10am On Jul 01, 2023
fergieboy:
Lol even if you like buy electric unit worth 1million naira

From 1st of July been today

Your prepaid meter will start reading with the new tariff

Reason why I didn’t bother to buy
exactly
Re: How Does One Survive With This New Utility Increment? by nedekid: 11:11am On Jul 01, 2023
louso:
I tried recharging my prepaid Meter all through yesterday June 30th, all failed; maybe the traffic of panic buying of the old rate being the last day was responsible for the glitch. Woke up very early this morning to recharge and boom it went just at the 1st trial, chai!!!

I recharged 20k and I got 267 units in return. I was shocked. Usually 1500 is for the 7.5%(VAT). I quickly did the maths 18500 divided by 267.(something). So my tariff now is around 69 Naira per KWH. Mehn, cold gripped me, before now when u buy 20k, u are good for a month due to epileptic power supply. Ironically we have been having 24hours power supply, only God knows if this will last up to 3 weeks sef.

Everything is increasing except for salaries that are on stunted growth. From Fuel, that has impacted directing on food cost and transportation. While this Electric tariff increment will have a larger impact on almost everything. But we all know that the Masses will bear the brunt if it all.

It has been 69 naira for some months. There was a coded increment done some months back. Cannot remember the "band" number it is called. But areas that receive lots of hours of electricity are one the ₦69 band.
It is possible they just placed you on that tariff as that is what I pay on my newly acquired meter.

2 Likes

Re: How Does One Survive With This New Utility Increment? by Compliant(m): 11:11am On Jul 01, 2023
Just look for money and go solar to have peace of mind. This I did December last year and I am grateful I took that step.

Presently using 3.5Kva inverter.

Now there is no need putting off light self, freezer is on, tv is on, fans are on. What else do I need?

I want to upgrade to 5Kva

3 Likes

Re: How Does One Survive With This New Utility Increment? by DesChyko: 11:12am On Jul 01, 2023
awoo47:
my last 10k recharge was for 267units, now it's barely 100units.

Ah shocked
Re: How Does One Survive With This New Utility Increment? by komzy589(m): 11:13am On Jul 01, 2023
crossfm:
Hehehe.

The only logical thing to do is to cut cost,cut cost and cut cost.

Freezer's and light can't be on unnecessary. Once things are frozen just off the freezer. Look for energy saving bulbs.
If you have car now plan your movement,no more using car to go and barb your hair grin.

I was one of those who was against the unplanned removal of subsidy. I support the removal,but is of the view that measures on how to tackle the effect of the removal, should be in motion first.

We might have backed different people during the election,but the reality on ground now is that we are now in this together.

The ones laughing the policies of the government,the ones supporting and even the neutral one,we are all in this together.

My wish is that all the sacrifices Nigerians are making now should never be for nothing.
Evidently, the masses are the only ones making the sacrifices here.
This is a clear indication that nothing good and beneficial will come out of it.
Re: How Does One Survive With This New Utility Increment? by dominique(f): 11:16am On Jul 01, 2023
unite4real:

The tariff increase has not taken effect yet

That's from AEDC, you don't know what IKEDC, BEDC or IBDC are saying. The energy discos are working independently of one another
Re: How Does One Survive With This New Utility Increment? by hoyze24: 11:22am On Jul 01, 2023
Mine haven't increased . IBEDC still charges the same fee.
Re: How Does One Survive With This New Utility Increment? by matm: 11:24am On Jul 01, 2023
crossfm:
Hehehe.

The only logical thing to do is to cut cost,cut cost and cut cost.

Freezer's and light can't be on unnecessary. Once things are frozen just off the freezer. Look for energy saving bulbs.
If you have car now plan your movement,no more using car to go and barb your hair grin.

I was one of those who was against the unplanned removal of subsidy. I support the removal,but is of the view that measures on how to tackle the effect of the removal, should be in motion first.

We might have backed different people during the election,but the reality on ground now is that we are now in this together.

The ones laughing the policies of the government,the ones supporting and even the neutral one,we are all in this together.

My wish is that all the sacrifices Nigerians are making now should never be for nothing.

Nigerians shouldnt be made to sacrifice anything.Govt should embark on the recovery of all govt funds looted since Obasanjo regime till date by few people who worked for govt.And we will have more than enough money to build a new Nigeria.
Re: How Does One Survive With This New Utility Increment? by SalamRushdie: 11:28am On Jul 01, 2023
So after lying this wicked Tinubu still increased electricity tarriff... Electricity in Nigeria is now far more expensive than some US states as it stands
Re: How Does One Survive With This New Utility Increment? by femtex007(m): 11:29am On Jul 01, 2023
LOVEGINO:
baba I dey flex my estimated billing wella. 2h power ac, deep freezer, two burner hot plate, water dispenser and pressing iron for 5k monthly.
For which country biko
Re: How Does One Survive With This New Utility Increment? by Dshocker(m): 11:30am On Jul 01, 2023
louso:

With N3m you will say bye bye to solar...
Re: How Does One Survive With This New Utility Increment? by highoctane: 11:33am On Jul 01, 2023
gaskiyamagana:

Go on and go on, but if you are given USA visa with Resident Permit, please and please reject iand give it to me.
Take this quote. I had ran the streets in our beloved country Nigeria,and it has been to me.
Take your desire for American visa to the next door
Re: How Does One Survive With This New Utility Increment? by DaRuud(m): 11:34am On Jul 01, 2023
taylor89:
APC supporters are very lucky

They can’t even relate to this suffer and hardship

Just borrow a Ronu tag from your neighbor and everything else will be cheaper

Re: How Does One Survive With This New Utility Increment? by matm: 11:34am On Jul 01, 2023
seborrhic:
What are u using that u are using 20k worth of units per month?That is even the tariff rise.
Anyone on prepaid should be grateful because even with the tariff increase,you can easily regulate your energy use.
Those on estimated billing are the ones that should be crying.

May be he has an industry with locomotive machines.
With energy management, u can use 1k only for a month on prepaid.
Use modern fridge and not old noise making freezer that drink energy.Switch off ur fridge once what u put in it frrezez.Turn off bulbs when u want to go to bed and while leaving 8n d morning.

1 Like

Re: How Does One Survive With This New Utility Increment? by thatigboman: 11:34am On Jul 01, 2023
tonytony208:
Freestuffsng, heliinues, seunmsg, Tinubuadvocate, solmusdesigns, playermeji, ihordspy, may your life and that of your family members represent everything Nigerians are facing under Tinubu. Amen
Tinubuadvocate must have run away by now. He was going about earlier begging for assistance to help him get Canadian visa and send his children to Canada (scope, guy man wan use style run away with his family). Seunmsg is seeing reality hitting in the face and doesn't boast much again. Only helinues the clown is going about clowning himself.
U forgot that tiv suya man, darling daddy. And that idoma man omenka that fulani men displaced and took over their farmlands, houses and livelihood in agatu. Hunger dey show them shege. N30k can't go anywhere again. E just dey start.

2 Likes

Re: How Does One Survive With This New Utility Increment? by matm: 11:36am On Jul 01, 2023
id4sho:
It will favour me and my family undecided. Renewed hope shege

Talk is cheap
Re: How Does One Survive With This New Utility Increment? by Lovenorth: 11:37am On Jul 01, 2023
olasaad:

Ex-service Chiefs To Get Four Bulletproof Suvs, 20 Domestic Aides, 36 Soldiers read this news and tell us how poor Nigeria will gain from all this policy cheesy
All these will favour me and my family grin
Re: How Does One Survive With This New Utility Increment? by Lastanza: 11:38am On Jul 01, 2023
fergieboy:

It's a lie. The new tariff only reflects at the point of recharging not at the point of consumption
Re: How Does One Survive With This New Utility Increment? by jmoore(m): 11:46am On Jul 01, 2023
Compliant:
Just look for money and go solar to have peace of mind. This I did December last year and I am grateful I took that step.

Presently using 3.5Kva inverter.

Now there is no need putting off light self, freezer is on, tv is on, fans are on. What else do I need?

I want to upgrade to 5Kva

What is the estimate budget of a solar system of 3.5kva?
Re: How Does One Survive With This New Utility Increment? by bentopsy(m): 11:47am On Jul 01, 2023
Even before now in my area, we buy at 70 naira per unit, I haven't confirmed the new price starting today for my area anyway, so it is still cheaper in your area
Re: How Does One Survive With This New Utility Increment? by Obyino: 11:52am On Jul 01, 2023
Buy APC membership form
Re: How Does One Survive With This New Utility Increment? by Lastanza: 11:53am On Jul 01, 2023
Yewandequeen:

How is that possible? The meters are not online now, so how can such be controlled other than decrease in obtainable unit value.
Don't mind him. He doesn't know what he is saying. You would have to update your phone application to get new updates let alone ordinary meter. Any adjustment only occurs at the point of recharging

1 Like

Re: How Does One Survive With This New Utility Increment? by Namzy(m): 12:02pm On Jul 01, 2023
fergieboy:

Not true
Re: How Does One Survive With This New Utility Increment? by isArray: 12:09pm On Jul 01, 2023
pocohantas:
If you are on prepaid, you are lucky.
At least you can manage your energy usage and only pay for what you use.

As for how we would survive.
Nigerians are very good at adapting to suffer.
To the extent that they even question enjoyment. If you are nice to them, they will think you want to use them for rituals. They are that used to suffer and wickedness.

The keyword here is SURVIVE.
We would SURVIVE.
I wonder at what point an average Nigerian that doesn't leave the country actually get to enjoy it, because it's survival day and night in that country

1 Like

Re: How Does One Survive With This New Utility Increment? by edoairways: 12:09pm On Jul 01, 2023
seborrhic:
What are u using that u are using 20k worth of units per month?That is even the tariff rise.
Anyone on prepaid should be grateful because even with the tariff increase,you can easily regulate your energy use.
Those on estimated billing are the ones that should be crying.
Exactly!
Re: How Does One Survive With This New Utility Increment? by smasher1(m): 12:10pm On Jul 01, 2023
jmoore:

They were paying 70k because they chose to waste energy.

They don't. It's people with estimated billing that on all lights and other equipment and waste energy. People with prepaid don't waste energy.
Re: How Does One Survive With This New Utility Increment? by jmoore(m): 12:16pm On Jul 01, 2023
smasher1:

They don't. It's people with estimated billing that on all lights and other equipment and waste energy. People with prepaid don't waste energy.

Anyone can waste energy, whether prepaid, postpaid or estimated billing.

The only difference is that those on estimated billing do not pay for the wasted energy.

A residential apartment that is spending 70k monthly must be wasting energy. What appliances will consume that high amount?
Re: How Does One Survive With This New Utility Increment? by Lumidee007(m): 12:16pm On Jul 01, 2023
Na sunking solar dey help me. not an advert
Re: How Does One Survive With This New Utility Increment? by smasher1(m): 12:20pm On Jul 01, 2023
jmoore:

Anyone can waste energy, whether prepaid, postpaid or estimated billing.

The only difference is that those on estimated billing do not pay for the wasted energy.

A residential apartment that is spending 70k monthly must be wasting energy. What appliances will consume that high amount?

In a GRA where I live, single apartments have so many appliances that are on 24/7 including CCTV. So I understand that.
Re: How Does One Survive With This New Utility Increment? by OLOKOESHIN: 12:26pm On Jul 01, 2023
ChybuzzDD:

Don't quote any stupid PBAT here.
How much of the "necessary" sufferings is he, his family and friends undoing now?
Rubbish!
Sorry Poor Guy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Amaechi To Wike "We Are Ready For Handover, Don't Panic'' / Tony Blair At The Nigerian Governor's Forum In Abuja - Photos / Resume Or Resign: Deji Adeyanju, Charly Boy And Others Protest Against PMB (PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.