Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,933 members, 7,810,598 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:52 AM

Twitter Now Requires An Account To View Tweets - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Twitter Now Requires An Account To View Tweets (19835 Views)

Hilarious Tweets From Twitter Users As WhatsApp Is Down (Pictures) / Twitter Is Down: Users Unable To Login, Post Or View Tweets / Funniest Tweets About Facebook, Instagram And WhatsApp Since They Are Down (Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Twitter Now Requires An Account To View Tweets by nlfpmod: 8:11am On Jul 01, 2023
If you’re not logged into your Twitter account and try to view a tweet, you’ll be presented with a sign-in screen. And if you don’t want to have an account on the bird app, too bad!

Twitter hasn’t commented on this change, and given how sloppy the platform has been since Elon Musk’s takeover, it might just be a glitch. However, in a time when Twitter is struggling to grow its user base, it’s possible that this is a tactic to force silent lurkers into creating an account.

Like many of Twitter’s recent changes, this could easily backfire. If tweets aren’t publicly accessible, search engine algorithms could rank the site’s content lower, meaning that fewer people would be directed to the site from Google. Also, it’s just kind of annoying.

Musk — who is no longer CEO of Twitter, but still deeply involved in operations — may also be motivated by a desire to prevent AI tools from searching Twitter. Musk has previously admonished Microsoft, which dropped Twitter from its advertising platform, by saying: “They trained illegally using Twitter data. Lawsuit time.”

As new CEO Linda Yaccarino settles into her new role, Twitter has remained riddled with technical errors. Earlier this week, a disproportionate amount of users were notified that they had been suspended for three days due to spam. We’re still not sure what happened there (and Twitter won’t answer our emails), but with Musk in the C-suite, policies can change faster than you can say “$44 billion,” so anything’s possible.

https://techcrunch.com/2023/06/30/twitter-now-requires-an-account-to-view-tweets/

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Twitter Now Requires An Account To View Tweets by Likoya: 8:12am On Jul 01, 2023
Deleted

162 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Twitter Now Requires An Account To View Tweets by inoki247: 8:12am On Jul 01, 2023
So in one word u no fit dey access Twitter as guest anymore....

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Twitter Now Requires An Account To View Tweets by tuoyoojo(m): 8:12am On Jul 01, 2023
As the bird have learnt to fly without perching so men have learnt to shoot without missing

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Now Requires An Account To View Tweets by Inkling(f): 8:12am On Jul 01, 2023

The m@dness on that app is too much.

I only spend time on Nairaland and telegram these days because I have option of choosing what to read and the one to Waka pass.

10 Likes

Re: Twitter Now Requires An Account To View Tweets by RapistOnBail: 8:13am On Jul 01, 2023
Una think say una wise pass Elon Musk?!

6 Likes

Re: Twitter Now Requires An Account To View Tweets by Winters23: 8:13am On Jul 01, 2023
This op is definitely an Elon musk hater...too bad of all people you chosed a billionaire to hate, not just any billionaire, the world richest....

Smh

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Twitter Now Requires An Account To View Tweets by BarrElChapo(m): 8:13am On Jul 01, 2023
Noticed this yesterday and I was vexed. Elon can fvck off I'm not logging in back for now.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Twitter Now Requires An Account To View Tweets by Tesanibo: 8:13am On Jul 01, 2023
Ah
Re: Twitter Now Requires An Account To View Tweets by Hoilgbegiri: 8:13am On Jul 01, 2023
Helinues and APC ding Batistas will be disappointed because more work by creating accounts to view qudus Thier propaganda papa

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Now Requires An Account To View Tweets by olaolulazio(m): 8:14am On Jul 01, 2023
Better.

Elon grin grin

1 Like

Re: Twitter Now Requires An Account To View Tweets by brightleave(m): 8:14am On Jul 01, 2023
The problem of one man's business grin

2 Likes

Re: Twitter Now Requires An Account To View Tweets by Wealthoptulent(m): 8:14am On Jul 01, 2023
I no get TWITTER, so dem go CREDIT my ACCOUNT instead?

2 Likes

Re: Twitter Now Requires An Account To View Tweets by smokinloud(m): 8:15am On Jul 01, 2023
Then there's no way I can view Omokri's post again haha!.

4 Likes

Re: Twitter Now Requires An Account To View Tweets by Brendaniel: 8:15am On Jul 01, 2023
Well, sometimes to see people inside a house you have to enter the house...

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Now Requires An Account To View Tweets by Cloudflare: 8:16am On Jul 01, 2023
Damn!

Sam's way you can't view FB posts without having an account, so no big deal there

8 Likes

Re: Twitter Now Requires An Account To View Tweets by Banjoramos(m): 8:16am On Jul 01, 2023
I never use Twitter or whatever they call it so Weytin concern me grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Twitter Now Requires An Account To View Tweets by Dialpad: 8:17am On Jul 01, 2023
Less traffic
Re: Twitter Now Requires An Account To View Tweets by tobenuel(m): 8:17am On Jul 01, 2023
Anita you don try...
You and person run show finish, you come internet open your mouth waaaaaaah

4 Likes

Re: Twitter Now Requires An Account To View Tweets by money121(m): 8:17am On Jul 01, 2023
Ok now
Tech
Re: Twitter Now Requires An Account To View Tweets by DWJOBScom(m): 8:17am On Jul 01, 2023
Oga Elon de investor must make his money

1 Like

Re: Twitter Now Requires An Account To View Tweets by aieromon(m): 8:19am On Jul 01, 2023
We, the association of guest viewers will not be intimidated to open user accounts.

2 Likes

Re: Twitter Now Requires An Account To View Tweets by Melonsmasher: 8:21am On Jul 01, 2023
RapistOnBail:
Una think say una wise pass Elon Musk?!
He's inadvertently killing the website

4 Likes

Re: Twitter Now Requires An Account To View Tweets by Isaacpyo04(m): 8:24am On Jul 01, 2023
Wonder why it took them so long.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Now Requires An Account To View Tweets by Aidejay(m): 8:26am On Jul 01, 2023
Likoya:
Rubbish 😒 this is not my problem now abeg....

Now, I have an advice for some people here...
If You're sixteen years old,or just finished secondary school in this country, please my advice for you is to not go to university immediately.. Use one year or 6 months to go and learn any business you have passion for, then ask your parents to use the money they want to waste for that Useless five years course to start up a business for you, trust me, in five years time if you are destined to succeed and not an Igbo smoker or mumu pikin, when your mates are celebrating graduating with a stupid degree and start searching for a job they can never see, you will have become a millionaire by then.. After you've established your business to a stage where by it don't need your presence to run, you can employ people to run it in your absence while your go to school and chase that degree if you want.....

God bless that your brain you used to write this. it needs to be said.

9 Likes

Re: Twitter Now Requires An Account To View Tweets by tete7000(m): 8:27am On Jul 01, 2023
Likoya:

If You're sixteen years old,or just finished secondary school in this country, please my advice for you is to not go to university immediately.. Use one year to go and learn any business you have passion for, then ask your parents to use the money they want to waste for that Useless five years course to start up a business for you, trust me, in five years time if you are destined to succeed and not an Igbo smoker or mumu pikin, when your mates are celebrating graduating with a stupid degree and start searching for a job they can never see, you will be counting in millions by then.. After you've established your business to a stage where by it don't need your presence to run, you can employ people to run it in your absence while your go to school and chase that degree if you want...

So you think university degree is useless maybe because you got one and 'found' it useless. Yours isn't useless not because instead of applying your mind in school, you are busy cramming stuffs. That your advice also came from an empty mind. Not is more rewarding than an having an educated mind, but an educated mind you wont get by cramming but by diligently applying yourself to knowing and there is no way you will have knowledge and won't eventually make a breakthrough.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Now Requires An Account To View Tweets by tremilatre(m): 8:27am On Jul 01, 2023
Chai, them catch me o, I'm one of the stealth viewers on twitter but last night I couldn't view anything especially the Love Island twitter reactions.
Ain't getting no account though, I'd stick to my life principle that nothing and no one is indispensable. cool

4 Likes

Re: Twitter Now Requires An Account To View Tweets by whytediamond(m): 8:29am On Jul 01, 2023
Likoya:

If You're sixteen years old,or just finished secondary school in this country, please my advice for you is to not go to university immediately.. Use one year or 6 months to go and learn any business you have passion for, then ask your parents to use the money they want to waste for that Useless five years course to start up a business for you, trust me, in five years time if you are destined to succeed and not an Igbo smoker or mumu pikin, when your mates are celebrating graduating with a stupid degree and start searching for a job they can never see, you will have become a millionaire by then.. After you've established your business to a stage where by it don't need your presence to run, you can employ people to run it in your absence while your go to school and chase that degree if you want.....

God bless you more. Only fools will ignore this advice. My daughter is 8 years old. If I ignore your advice, then I'm mentally unstable.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Ways To Tell If Your Smartphone Is Being Tapped / Google’s Equiano Submarine Cable To Begin Operations In Nigeria By December / I Need Driver Software For Mt6225 Chinese Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.