Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

Twitter Now Requires An Account To View Tweets - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Twitter Now Requires An Account To View Tweets (19859 Views)

Hilarious Tweets From Twitter Users As WhatsApp Is Down (Pictures) / Twitter Is Down: Users Unable To Login, Post Or View Tweets / Funniest Tweets About Facebook, Instagram And WhatsApp Since They Are Down (Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Twitter Now Requires An Account To View Tweets by Damian911: 9:46am On Jul 01, 2023
This is exactly what I'm doing right now
I wanted to go to the university but due to my parents lack of funds,I went in search for jobs and in a year I got a slightly lucrative job and I've been aggressively saving for me to have my establishment I do see some of my school mate seeming to look down on me but they got nothing going on for them and I believe if I got the chance of going to school I for get nothing
Likoya:
Rubbish 😒 this is not my problem now abeg....

Now, I have an advice for some people here...
If You're sixteen years old,or just finished secondary school in this country, please my advice for you is to not go to university immediately.. Use one year or 6 months to go and learn any business you have passion for, then ask your parents to use the money they want to waste for that Useless five years course to start up a business for you, trust me, in five years time if you are destined to succeed and not an Igbo smoker or mumu pikin, when your mates are celebrating graduating with a stupid degree, busy signing shirt upandan and start searching for a job they can never see, you will have become a millionaire by then.. After you've established your business to a stage where by it don't need your presence to run, you can employ people to run it in your absence while your go to school and chase that degree if you want... When your mates dey celebrate graduating at 21,22,23, you will be celebrating becoming a millionaire and employer of labour at that same age... Tell me how many BSC holders get upto a million Naira in their account today? Na them full Nairaland 24/7 dey complain of job scarcity, planning how to go squat with a friend in another state in search of job..
Re: Twitter Now Requires An Account To View Tweets by Karnice600: 9:59am On Jul 01, 2023
nlfpmod:

https://techcrunch.com/2023/06/30/twitter-now-requires-an-account-to-view-tweets/

...and even when you would have successfully established a business, you'll still require graduates be employed in your establishment.

Running a business is more than just a skill. It also has a thing to do with your entire psychology; that means not everyone can fit in that space. In fact a huge number of people can't fit in.
If Nigeria were a system with vibrant institutions and effective laws, most businesses in Ladipo, Alaba international, Trade fair...most of them won't even begin, to start with, not to talk of running.
Igbos are popular with being successful at running businesses, but most of these business models won't thrive where labour laws and copyright policies are effective, truth be told. What we define as businesses here most times, can't pass litmus tests for start ups outside.
If I were you, I'll rather say a child should pick up a skill and grow with it. That's how some businesses begin; with a skill.

2 Likes

Re: Twitter Now Requires An Account To View Tweets by RECHMOND: 10:08am On Jul 01, 2023
Informative, thanks for this post, I had to login so I can like and share what you just said

Likoya:

If You're sixteen years old,or just finished secondary school in this country, please my advice for you is to not go to university immediately.. Use one year or 6 months to go and learn any business you have passion for, then ask your parents to use the money they want to waste for that Useless five years course to start up a business for you, trust me, in five years time if you are destined to succeed and not an Igbo smoker or mumu pikin, when your mates are celebrating graduating with a stupid degree, busy signing shirt upandan and start searching for a job they can never see, you will have become a millionaire by then.. After you've established your business to a stage where by it don't need your presence to run, you can employ people to run it in your absence while your go to school and chase that degree if you want... When your mates dey celebrate graduating at 21,22,23, you will be celebrating becoming a millionaire and employer of labour at that same age... Tell me how many BSC holders get upto a million Naira in their account today? Na them full Nairaland 24/7 dey complain of job scarcity, planning how to go squat with a friend in another state in search of job..
Re: Twitter Now Requires An Account To View Tweets by Likoya: 10:09am On Jul 01, 2023
Damian911:
This is exactly what I'm doing right now
I wanted to go to the university but due to my parents lack of funds,I went in search for jobs and in a year I got a slightly lucrative job and I've been aggressively saving for me to have my establishment I do see some of my school mate seeming to look down on me but they got nothing going on for them and I believe if I got the chance of going to school I for get nothing
Bro don't mind those people bro, they don't know anything...Let them go and waste their parents money for five years in the name of degree and school fees and start looking for non existent jobs after graduation. Most of them will later end up in the business route but by then, them go don old...

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Twitter Now Requires An Account To View Tweets by RECHMOND: 10:14am On Jul 01, 2023
So for ur mind now u talk sense abi, read to understand not just to quote.

tete7000:

So you think university degree is useless maybe because you got one and 'found' it useless. Yours isn't useless not because instead of applying your mind in school, you are busy cramming stuffs. That your advice also came from an empty mind. Not is more rewarding than an having an educated mind, but an educated mind you wont get by cramming but by diligently applying yourself to knowing and there is no way you will have knowledge and won't eventually make a breakthrough.
Re: Twitter Now Requires An Account To View Tweets by RECHMOND: 10:22am On Jul 01, 2023
You couldn't have said it better

meedoLock:
I think you are all getting the dude wrong, I do not see anywhere in that write up which demeaning the fundamental essence of being educated, but to enlighten us more on the reality in the country as we speak, what the so call degree holders have to go through in their post school moment.
How unlikely it is to secure yourself a payable job after your time and money in acquiring the degree, not having the conducive or accommodative environment to support your own idea as a supplement to white collar job.

If we all keep doing the same thing over and over again expecting different result, the status quo will remain with us forever, if we don't learn from our mistakes and train our born and unborn children on how to take their first step so that they don't end up falling into a deep hole, then we have learnt nothing from what hinder or deprive us a better future as a person.

Either we like it or not, spending years to acquire theoretical aspect of whatever degree we desire to acquire without any assurance of what benefit to put it to is nowhere to go about. But there are other ways to get educated without having to spend the most prestige part of one's life withing the four walls of a school as he suggested

2 Likes

Re: Twitter Now Requires An Account To View Tweets by WantsandMore: 10:26am On Jul 01, 2023
Even nairaland go soon follow suite, some say na industry standards...honeypot of data capture....Chai..sm no longer safe
Re: Twitter Now Requires An Account To View Tweets by Draslo(m): 10:50am On Jul 01, 2023
Likoya:

Good speech but why the Igbo gist?
Re: Twitter Now Requires An Account To View Tweets by elonize(m): 10:54am On Jul 01, 2023
Likoya:

u just used ur hand to type shit n insult graduates....whoever lacks respect, don't av d ground to advice any1
Re: Twitter Now Requires An Account To View Tweets by elonize(m): 11:08am On Jul 01, 2023
tete7000:

So you think university degree is useless maybe because you got one and 'found' it useless. Yours isn't useless not because instead of applying your mind in school, you are busy cramming stuffs. That your advice also came from an empty mind. Not is more rewarding than an having an educated mind, but an educated mind you wont get by cramming but by diligently applying yourself to knowing and there is no way you will have knowledge and won't eventually make a breakthrough.
wen I read his words
.I knew it's just sm fool speaking
Re: Twitter Now Requires An Account To View Tweets by naturefellow(m): 11:13am On Jul 01, 2023
Winters23:

Delete your account and focus on nairaland. Twitter has never been better
LOL.
Not an option. Nairaland is localized. Only advantage is news aggregation.

Twitter is universal. More intelligent if you follow right sources.

Only the new reforms - like videos, discover feature, longer character spaces for tweets, commercial verification, etc - under Elon Musk makes is quite weird now.

Not a major issue. But less sane now.

Why am I spending 1/2 minutes reading a tweet, making me feel like I'm on Facebook? Whereas, any tweet wouldnt take more than 10 sec to read.l before. That's why it was called a microblogging site. With Elon, it is a blogging site.

You get my point now?
Re: Twitter Now Requires An Account To View Tweets by lizko(m): 11:21am On Jul 01, 2023
China is one of the greatest copy cat in the world people mock them for that but their economy is the biggest in the world now. Is not easy to strife with poor light, insecurity, poor policies from the system.
Karnice600:

...and even when you would have successfully established a business, you'll still require graduates be employed in your establishment.

Running a business is more than just a skill. It also has a thing to do with your entire psychology; that means not everyone can fit in that space. In fact a huge number of people can't fit in.
If Nigeria were a system with vibrant institutions and effective laws, most businesses in Ladipo, Alaba international, Trade fair...most of them won't even begin, to start with, not to talk of running.
Igbos are popular with being successful at running businesses, but most of these business models won't thrive where labour laws and copyright policies are effective, truth be told. What we define as businesses here most times, can't pass litmus tests for start ups outside.
If I were you, I'll rather say a child should pick up a skill and grow with it. That's how some businesses begin; with a skill.
Re: Twitter Now Requires An Account To View Tweets by Dimehook: 11:50am On Jul 01, 2023
Re: Twitter Now Requires An Account To View Tweets by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jul 01, 2023
Likoya:

These are the types of comment i like to see.
What of me I'm just in 200 level what can i do?
Re: Twitter Now Requires An Account To View Tweets by mpire: 12:30pm On Jul 01, 2023
Likoya:

Yelp, imagine calling a handyman for a dishwasher overflowing and he charges $70/hr, came in unscrew the drain stalked with food, boom job done is 2mins, made the easiest $70 ever.
Re: Twitter Now Requires An Account To View Tweets by Winters23: 12:36pm On Jul 01, 2023
naturefellow:
LOL.
Not an option. Nairaland is localized. Only advantage is news aggregation.

Twitter is universal. More intelligent if you follow right sources.

Only the new reforms - like videos, discover feature, longer character spaces for tweets, commercial verification, etc - under Elon Musk makes is quite weird now.

Not a major issue. But less sane now.

Why am I spending 1/2 minutes reading a tweet, making me feel like I'm on Facebook? Whereas, any tweet wouldnt take more than 10 sec to read.l before. That's why it was called a microblogging site. With Elon, it is a blogging site.

You get my point now?

Yeah, I get your point. It only underscores how we Africans don't like to read, Lols.

But this Elon era made me more active on twitter than ever before.

Tweeps can now criticise LGBTQ without getting banned, there's more freedom of speech than before.

For the first time the left and right wing ideological divide now have a level playing field. All voice now matters.

Imagine banning a seating USA president? grin

The old twitter sulks!

1 Like

Re: Twitter Now Requires An Account To View Tweets by Purvan(m): 12:37pm On Jul 01, 2023
airsaylongcome:
Just use nitter.net

Twitter will do to nitter what Instagram did to barista
Re: Twitter Now Requires An Account To View Tweets by Careente7(m): 12:52pm On Jul 01, 2023
PeachtreeReside:
Some are wealthy out of luck.
Elon Musk is just a lucky guy not a maverick as previously touted.
🤣🤣🤣🤣 Joke is on you.
Re: Twitter Now Requires An Account To View Tweets by airsaylongcome: 12:53pm On Jul 01, 2023
Purvan:

Twitter will do to nitter what Instagram did to barista

Then we move to Pixelfed, Mastodon, Misskey, Calckey, Friendica. I'm barely even active of Twitter or IG. Haven't been on FB since 2018

1 Like

Re: Twitter Now Requires An Account To View Tweets by Careente7(m): 12:56pm On Jul 01, 2023
RosyIsBlessed:

Education is not all about the money or job. It's not 'usele.ss'. It enhances your whole life. It broadens your perspective and outlook in life and much more. Do your own research around you by sampling the educated and the uneducated.

It's only an illite.rate/uneducated person that finds solace in not getting educated, stating 'the educated cannot get a job' as his excuse.

Mind you, the educated person can still do his business and even run it better (than the uneducated)
Are you sure you understood what you read?😠
Re: Twitter Now Requires An Account To View Tweets by Careente7(m): 1:00pm On Jul 01, 2023
EgunMogaji2:

He gave it as an option not a requirement.
You smart!

1 Like

Re: Twitter Now Requires An Account To View Tweets by Careente7(m): 1:02pm On Jul 01, 2023
JovialRPiller:

What about people who want to study medicine grin
Then they can go ahead if they have the zeal and resources and we will back them up.
Re: Twitter Now Requires An Account To View Tweets by Pacyrus(m): 1:11pm On Jul 01, 2023
This very feature has always been there nau sad
Re: Twitter Now Requires An Account To View Tweets by iLoveYouToo(m): 1:34pm On Jul 01, 2023
Likoya:
Deleted

Who installs Twitter just to view tweets without an account? Quit lying to your ass
Re: Twitter Now Requires An Account To View Tweets by leye4u: 1:39pm On Jul 01, 2023
Melonsmasher:

He's inadvertently killing the website
You definitely know more about business than the world's richest man
Re: Twitter Now Requires An Account To View Tweets by bepositive11: 1:46pm On Jul 01, 2023
Likoya:
Deleted

It depends on the goals of the person. If they want to go abroad for masters, they can start their degree immediately.

But if they want to start a business, if a degree is not needed for their line of expertise, they don't have to do any degree and should follow your advice.

1 Like

Re: Twitter Now Requires An Account To View Tweets by tete7000(m): 1:48pm On Jul 01, 2023
occeeeaan:

There is actually sense in some parts of what he spewed. One of my cousins took this decision, and today he is a graduate and the richest in the family.

Education is not about making money and getting rich. It is about getting an enriched mind that enables you take quality decisions. You can be rich and still be ignorant and incapable of making quality decisions. A good education suppose to help open your mind so that you become capable of doing critical analysis of issues.
Re: Twitter Now Requires An Account To View Tweets by RosyIsBlessed: 2:02pm On Jul 01, 2023
dontrulee:

Not going to the university doesn't make you uneducated. Finishing at the level of secondary school is termed secondary level of education. The university has lost it's glory, graduates are unemployed and doing jobs not related to their course of study, is that not a waste of time and resources??

Like I said before, education is not all about jobs but it enhances your life in totality.

1 Like

Re: Twitter Now Requires An Account To View Tweets by naturefellow(m): 2:44pm On Jul 01, 2023
Winters23:

Yeah, I get your point. It only underscores how we Africans don't like to read, Lols.

But this Elon era made me more active on twitter than ever before.

Tweeps can now criticise LGBTQ without getting banned, there's more freedom of speech than before.

For the first time the left and right wing ideological divide now have a level playing field. All voice now matters.

Imagine banning a seating USA president? grin

The old twitter sulks!
salient views there
Re: Twitter Now Requires An Account To View Tweets by XAUBulls: 4:01pm On Jul 01, 2023
Re: Twitter Now Requires An Account To View Tweets by dontrulee: 4:08pm On Jul 01, 2023
RosyIsBlessed:

Like I said before, education is not all about jobs but it enhances your life in totality.

Definitely not the university of today where majority of ladies are slay queens and hookupers and the guys are yahoo boys. It doesn't enhance anybody's life in totality, because once you're a graduate, you're on your own except your parents are wealthy enough to support your dreams or business. grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Need Driver Software For Mt6225 Chinese Phone / Learn How To Develop Android Apps With Your Android Phone / Internet Users : Nigeria Ranked #1 In Africa , #10 In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.