Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,513 members, 7,816,245 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:11 AM

Christians, Do You Believe In Human Sacrifice? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians, Do You Believe In Human Sacrifice? (4807 Views)

I Have Decided To Help The Christians Do Some Concret Research / 5 Things Christians Do Now And Don't Consider It Sin Anymore. / Christians- Do You Follow Your Pastors Teachings? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians, Do You Believe In Human Sacrifice? by zataxs: 5:05pm On Oct 04, 2011
Does sacrifice brings about positive change, Like our fore-fathers used to do? e.g. does it? brings rain, brings good will, fight disease?

If no,

why do you believe in story of Jesus of Nazareth? It is a story of human sacrifice to save humans from sins.

Sins that we committed. Did Jesus of Nazareth wash our sins with his blood?
Discuss,
Re: Christians, Do You Believe In Human Sacrifice? by harakiri(m): 6:23pm On Oct 04, 2011
From the stone ages,humans have always believed that human sacrifice was the ultimate appeasement for the gods (some still believe such till today).

I do not believe it works but the animosity of man to his fellow man never ceases to amaze me. In Africa (Nigeria to be specific), a lot of people still believe in such (even the so called born again christians).
Re: Christians, Do You Believe In Human Sacrifice? by Jenwitemi(m): 6:49pm On Oct 04, 2011
Blood or human sacrifice, for whatever reason, can never bring anything positive. To bring about anything positive, the loss of human life isn't necessary. Only malevolent god-beings require blood sacrifices before they can give anything back to the sacrificers. A benevolent entity would never demand such.

The god-beings that our forefathers worshiped in the olden days and the ones worshiped by the world religions today, are one and the same entities(the same group) and that is why they are similar in their thirsts for all sorts of sacrifices, including the blood ones.
Re: Christians, Do You Believe In Human Sacrifice? by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:06pm On Oct 04, 2011
sacrifices are done because in order to get something from the Gods, one must give something in return. however, different needs have different sacrifices. If innocent animals are sacrificed, there is nothing wrong with humans being sacrificed. In my opinion, we can sacrifce criminals (i.e., murderers, ra.pists ,etc) to the Gods just as our ancestors did. This can be done in order to purify soceity and the souls of these criminals by doing them a favour of sending them directly to the Gods. Yes, this might help society.
Re: Christians, Do You Believe In Human Sacrifice? by harakiri(m): 7:07pm On Oct 04, 2011
@Jenwitemi, Do you believe human blood rituals can bring wealth? I'm asking because of lot of Africans believe such (even born again christians). Do you believe it works?
Re: Christians, Do You Believe In Human Sacrifice? by harakiri(m): 7:31pm On Oct 04, 2011
@Pagan 9ja, How many of those sacrifices prevented the slave trade invaders from conquering your forefathers? How many of the human sacrifices have changed the fate of Nigeria? Liechestein,Finland,Luxembourg etc are predominantly non-religious countries that are peaceful and progressive. Was it human heads that brought stability to their countries?
Re: Christians, Do You Believe In Human Sacrifice? by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:48pm On Oct 04, 2011
^^^^

and you Sir, do you think ANY sacrifices were performed to stop the slave trade. also didnt i tell you that different causes have different sacrifices

why would you sacrifice humans to stop slave traders the 2 issues do not have any connection. it is like you are asking rain from the God of War.

the point is, had we sacrificed the[i] slave-traders[/i], we would not have been conquered by the foreigners. but we didnt. we didnt fight back and even if we did, we were weak. many of our people were treacherous and traitors. we LOST.

Liechenstein, Finland, Luxembourg, London, and all these Western countries. the only reaon they are rich is beause they looted us. they did not get their money by truthful means. who says they wont pay they will pay. the Gods will make sure of that.

we Nigerians are so backward because we do not believe in ourselves. true progress can only be achieved first with a spiritual progrees, then followed by devolopment of the country, etc. we have abandoned ourselves, our Gods, our faith and we went to lick the feet of our slave masters and follow their religion. so we pay.
Re: Christians, Do You Believe In Human Sacrifice? by Jenwitemi(m): 8:11pm On Oct 04, 2011
Yes, they can and do bring monetary wealth. There are numerous examples, in the yorubaland, of such cases. But these cases are kept very secret because of obvious reasons, of course.
Answering your last question directly, yes, they work.
harakiri:

@Jenwitemi, Do you believe human blood rituals can bring wealth? I'm asking because of lot of Africans believe such (even born again christians). Do you believe it works?
Re: Christians, Do You Believe In Human Sacrifice? by harakiri(m): 8:16pm On Oct 04, 2011
@Jenwitemi,Can you explain the process that converts human heads into naira? Also, why is it always currency? Are printing machines involved or do the human heads eject money like ATM machines?
Re: Christians, Do You Believe In Human Sacrifice? by harakiri(m): 8:30pm On Oct 04, 2011
@Pagan 9ja, Can sacrificing criminals stop looting of the govt treasury? Last time I checked it was britian,america,spain and portugal that raided Nigeria's resources and this was at a time oil hadn't discovered so what are you talking about?
Re: Christians, Do You Believe In Human Sacrifice? by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:34pm On Oct 04, 2011
ofcourse not. again there is no relation here. undecided
sacrificing crimials does help increase government revenue though. we can abolish jails and use the land for other more useful purpose. also we do not have to spend peoples money on feeding the 1000s of inmates. this useful money can be used by govt. on other areas such as hospitals, transport, good roads , ectc.
Re: Christians, Do You Believe In Human Sacrifice? by Jenwitemi(m): 9:02pm On Oct 04, 2011
I can't tell you the process because i do not know it, and i never claimed that i do. All i know is that it is possible and people use it to become rich because i have heard of people who used this means to gain wealth and i have no reason to disbelieve them. This world we live in isn't as immutable as you think, see.
harakiri:

@Jenwitemi,Can you explain the process that converts human heads into naira? Also, why is it always currency? Are printing machines involved or do the human heads eject money like ATM machines?
Re: Christians, Do You Believe In Human Sacrifice? by zataxs: 11:32am On Oct 05, 2011
Re: Christians, Do You Believe In Human Sacrifice? by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:47pm On Oct 05, 2011
^^^^^^^^

@zataxs, can you please tell me^which people does picture 4 represent im very interested.
Re: Christians, Do You Believe In Human Sacrifice? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Oct 05, 2011
Jenwitemi:

I can't tell you the process because i do not know it, and i never claimed that i do. All i know is that it is possible and people use it to become rich because i have heard of people who used this means to gain wealth and i have no reason to disbelieve them. This world we live in isn't as immutable as you think, see.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Christians, Do You Believe In Human Sacrifice? by zataxs: 1:03pm On Oct 05, 2011
I thought you can tell by looking at it tsk tsk tsk,,, are you in the pic?
[img]http://1.bp..com/_bUVDGRNFOQs/S8ip3SZhE9I/AAAAAAAAAFA/iiB61gTG5BY/s320/human_sacrifice.jpg[/img]

(1) (Reply)

Are There People In Hell Right Now? An insight into God's justice ! / Benefits Of Paying Your Tithes And Offerings. / Is The NIV Bible Corrupt? (for Recognise And Other Christians)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.