Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,107 members, 7,828,881 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:35 PM

Subsidy Removal As Elite Banditry, Reverse Robin Hoodism By Farooq A. Kperogi - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Subsidy Removal As Elite Banditry, Reverse Robin Hoodism By Farooq A. Kperogi (21237 Views)

Tinubu’s Anti-people, Reverse Robin Hoodist “courage” By Farooq A. Kperogi / Sanusi's Removal As Emir: Dele Momodu Poses Question On Future / Junaid Mohammed: Sanusi’s Removal As Emir Won’t Cause Any Crisis In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subsidy Removal As Elite Banditry, Reverse Robin Hoodism By Farooq A. Kperogi by Thomasankara(m): 5:50pm On Jul 01, 2023
[/color]this man no dey ever write precise article[color=#770077]
Racoon:

https://www.farooqkperogi.com/2023/07/subsidy-removal-as-elite-banditry.html
Re: Subsidy Removal As Elite Banditry, Reverse Robin Hoodism By Farooq A. Kperogi by theophorus(m): 5:50pm On Jul 01, 2023
Abeg who go Subsidy this Kperogi talk cos me ain't gat energy for long reads.
Re: Subsidy Removal As Elite Banditry, Reverse Robin Hoodism By Farooq A. Kperogi by ppogba: 5:50pm On Jul 01, 2023
Farooq the.crook has woken up.

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Removal As Elite Banditry, Reverse Robin Hoodism By Farooq A. Kperogi by lexy2014: 5:51pm On Jul 01, 2023
LegendHero:

I’ll rather the government use the subsidy savings to increase minimum wage, lift people out of poverty by providing meaningful grant and low interest loans for small businesses, secure the nation which will inturn drive agricultural food production, invest massively in Agriculture and create an environment where the poor farmer can preserve his farm produce with proper storage facilities across the country.

Nigeria is a crazy country. No matter the strategy you put in to curb subsidy, they will always outgame the system. Almost all president tried to block the loophole but it’s just impossible because corruption only thrive when people can game the system.

Take Dollar arbitrage for example. People lie about importing/schooling and etc, get $$ at official rate and just sell at black market rate. They are making billions by doing nothing. The banks themselves are the culprit, common man will not get $$ easily at official rate and only powerful people do.

That suffering and hunger can be worked on by the government. That’s what Tinubu should find ways to curb with the savings they get from subsidy and other sources.

How many of the above has the government done with the subsisdy removed from kerosene and diesel?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Subsidy Removal As Elite Banditry, Reverse Robin Hoodism By Farooq A. Kperogi by PHIPEX(m): 5:52pm On Jul 01, 2023
This 2 faced hypocrites still had to attack Obi and obidients for subsidy removal.

See the insult he poured on Obi while excusing Tinubu for Buhari's failure to make provision for subsidy.

2 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal As Elite Banditry, Reverse Robin Hoodism By Farooq A. Kperogi by lexy2014: 5:52pm On Jul 01, 2023
Racoon:

Very poignant but true

At a point, you ask yourself if there is any merit in fighting for a people who are deeply invested in their self-immolation, who are cheerleaders for their oppressors, who fight you for fighting for them, whose counterattacks you need to fend off as you attack their attackers, and who remind you of Zimbabwean nationalist Benjamin Burombo’s pithy observation that “Each time I want to fight for African rights, I use only one hand — because the other hand is busy trying to keep away Africans who are fighting me.”

4 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal As Elite Banditry, Reverse Robin Hoodism By Farooq A. Kperogi by Mrbenny001: 5:56pm On Jul 01, 2023
Subsidy is scam is what everyone is shouting now...so these scammers no get name abi they been spirit

4 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal As Elite Banditry, Reverse Robin Hoodism By Farooq A. Kperogi by Blaze14k: 5:56pm On Jul 01, 2023
LegendHero:
For the past decade, people have been clamoring for subsidy to be removed but no president has the balls to proceed with it.

During the campaign season, the highlight of the campaign is all candidates vowing to remove fuel subsidy if they get elected.

So I don’t know all the blame game about about Subsidy removal and bla bla bla.

Tinubu already spoke about his palliative program to ease the burden on people and they already have committee looking into that and will be rolling it out soon.

Even if petrol sell for 1 trillion, subsidy is gone forever. I would rather activists and people should start pressuring Tinubu government to release the palliative programs as soon as possible like minimum wage increment, improving security/infrastructure, access to low interest loan for MSME as promised, and etc.

The Tinubu that I know will not back out. Subsidy on petrol is gone!!!

Someone has to drag Peter obi once again
Re: Subsidy Removal As Elite Banditry, Reverse Robin Hoodism By Farooq A. Kperogi by maasoap(m): 5:58pm On Jul 01, 2023
Two, because corrosive right-wing populism now enjoys an unchallenged rhetorical high ground, opposing it comes across as deviant, unreasonable, and tone deaf. Most people whose quality of life is being eroded, and in some cases outright exterminated, by the withdrawal of the state from the quotidian life of the citizenry (which subsidy removal represents) have been brainwashed into supporting the policy.

This is what I'm yet to understand. A lot of masses are really speaking in support of subsidy removal as if they were not benefiting from the oil and power subsidy, as if they had something to benefit from its removal.
Many people can't go out anymore with their private cars.

6 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal As Elite Banditry, Reverse Robin Hoodism By Farooq A. Kperogi by JoshTim: 5:59pm On Jul 01, 2023
Subsidy in itself is good, but not achieving the purpose for which it was meant is bad. Now, is cutting the head the right solution to headache?

Oil subsidy shouldn't exist from the word go because we are abundantly blessed with oil, check it, governments all over the world only subsidize goods/products/service/commodity produced out of scarce resources. The word oil subsidy comes to play because some people are hell bent in ensuring our refineries don't functions to maximum capacity....hence subsidizing the expensive cost of importing refined oil became pertinent.

Indeed, the honey preventing fully functionality of refineries is corruption and greed to create spvs to siphon funds to the detriment of many, for the benefit of few.

In the wake of Dangote refinery,...the good news is subsidy has come to an end.
Re: Subsidy Removal As Elite Banditry, Reverse Robin Hoodism By Farooq A. Kperogi by WorldRichest: 6:00pm On Jul 01, 2023
Racoon:
Bottom line; ".....The poor are actually now being “sacrificed” while the political elites use proceeds from the removal of subsidies to fund their luxuries.

But you will never hear opponents of subsidies (who, by the way, benefited from subsidies right from their primary school up to their universities but who now want to break the ladder they used to climb to their current positions) talk about the corrupt, unearned privileges of the rich and the powerful...."

Saying nonsense

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Removal As Elite Banditry, Reverse Robin Hoodism By Farooq A. Kperogi by Menclothing: 6:02pm On Jul 01, 2023
When will all
License private refinery work

Our old refineries should be sold
Re: Subsidy Removal As Elite Banditry, Reverse Robin Hoodism By Farooq A. Kperogi by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jul 01, 2023
Racoon:

anyone who supports subsidy removal never loves Nigeria

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Subsidy Removal As Elite Banditry, Reverse Robin Hoodism By Farooq A. Kperogi by maasoap(m): 6:05pm On Jul 01, 2023
Dotherightthing:
This guys should just shut up jor

There is no free lunch in life
Government has responsibility to make life easy for her citizens. The countries that your fellow Nigerians are japaying to don't leave their citizens at the mercy of economic hardship.

6 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal As Elite Banditry, Reverse Robin Hoodism By Farooq A. Kperogi by 7brigade: 6:07pm On Jul 01, 2023
LegendHero:
For the past decade, people have been clamoring for subsidy to be removed but no president has the balls to proceed with it.

During the campaign season, the highlight of the campaign is all candidates vowing to remove fuel subsidy if they get elected.

So I don’t know all the blame game about about Subsidy removal and bla bla bla.

Tinubu already spoke about his palliative program to ease the burden on people and they already have committee looking into that and will be rolling it out soon.

Even if petrol sell for 1 trillion, subsidy is gone forever. I would rather activists and people should start pressuring Tinubu government to release the palliative programs as soon as possible like minimum wage increment, improving security/infrastructure, access to low interest loan for MSME as promised, and etc.

The Tinubu that I know will not back out. Subsidy on petrol is gone!!!

Is it that u read and not understand,or u deliberately want to b mischievous and unfortunate,
SUBSIDY REMOVAL IS ANTI PEOPLE,THE PROPER PROSECUTION AND DELIVERY OF THE SUBSIDY REGIME IS WHAT SHOULD HAVE BEN DONE,ITS NOT D CITIZENS DAT SMUGGLE,ITS NOT D CITIZENS DAT QUOTE FIGURES FOR LITERS OF PMS NOT IMPORTED BUT COLLECT SUBSIDIES FOR GOST PRODUCTS,
TINUBU KNOWS MORE OGA,MONEY WILL REVOVERED AND SQUANDERED AGAIN NOTHING LIKE PALLIATIVE NO BODY IS A FOOL,EVEN COVID NO BODY RECIEVED IT AND U KNOW THAT...MIND WHAT U SAY PEOPLE ARE ANGRY

7 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal As Elite Banditry, Reverse Robin Hoodism By Farooq A. Kperogi by Dotherightthing: 6:10pm On Jul 01, 2023
maasoap:

Government has responsibility to make life easy for her citizens. The countries that your fellow Nigerians are japaying to don't leave their citizens at the mercy of economic hardship.

Nigeria is a uselessly corrupt country with very unpatriotic and selfish citizens.

Subsidies will NEVER work in a country like Nigeria angry
Re: Subsidy Removal As Elite Banditry, Reverse Robin Hoodism By Farooq A. Kperogi by ignatiusez: 6:12pm On Jul 01, 2023
Racoon:

Mr Farooq, I stopped reading your article when it's obvious that your article is too parochial, prejudiced and indirectly aimed at tarnishing an innocent man's reputation. Was it PO that removed subsidy? Why is your article unjustly biased against him? Try and be objective please.

3 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal As Elite Banditry, Reverse Robin Hoodism By Farooq A. Kperogi by Dotherightthing: 6:13pm On Jul 01, 2023
maasoap:

This is what I'm yet to understand. A lot of masses are really speaking in support of subsidy removal as if they were not benefiting from the oil and power subsidy, as if they had something to benefit from its removal.

How can we borrowing money to fund subsidy for chrissake
Re: Subsidy Removal As Elite Banditry, Reverse Robin Hoodism By Farooq A. Kperogi by Angelfrost(m): 6:13pm On Jul 01, 2023
At a point, you ask yourself if there is any merit in fighting for a people who are deeply invested in their self-immolation, who are cheerleaders for their oppressors, who fight you for fighting for them, whose counterattacks you need to fend off as you attack their attackers, and who remind you of Zimbabwean nationalist Benjamin Burombo’s pithy observation that “Each time I want to fight for African rights, I use only one hand — because the other hand is busy trying to keep away Africans who are fighting me.”

Professor Kperogi... Save your words and your breath!

I have taken to observing Nigerians the way I observe animals in a reserve! Especially those from certain areas!

3 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal As Elite Banditry, Reverse Robin Hoodism By Farooq A. Kperogi by sukkot: 6:14pm On Jul 01, 2023
Dotherightthing:
This guys should just shut up jor

but the oil is free from GOD

2 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal As Elite Banditry, Reverse Robin Hoodism By Farooq A. Kperogi by Treadway: 6:14pm On Jul 01, 2023
point of correction. I supported OBI, and I back the removal of subsidy, because I understand that the bastards esp Bubu regime, perpetrated the most epic stealing that makes 16years stealing of the PDP look like child's play..sotey dem steal borrowed money join. So yea, unless we want the country to collapse cos dem don tiff everything finish, subsidy has to go.

The problem I have that Kperogi doesn't realise is that, the person wey remove am I no trust am with money. There is difference between leaving 1trn savings with someone I trust with money and leaving 1trn with someone with very sticky hands. Big big difference. Shey na emilokan go tackle d corruption when he gan gan no comot him straw for Lagos since him comot abi na him go collect the trillions wey Bubu and the forty thieves steal. See how the monies from initial subsidy removal were pilfered in broad daylight under Bubu, nothing stops that from repeating itself under emilokan.

Subsidy removal savings good but Who go dey accountable for the savings is importanter. What will a corrupt govt do with money other than corrupt practices?

5 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal As Elite Banditry, Reverse Robin Hoodism By Farooq A. Kperogi by Dotherightthing: 6:16pm On Jul 01, 2023
sukkot:
but the oil is free from GOD

Do you know much it costs and what it takes to drill crude oil from the ground
Re: Subsidy Removal As Elite Banditry, Reverse Robin Hoodism By Farooq A. Kperogi by Angelfrost(m): 6:16pm On Jul 01, 2023
Dotherightthing:
This guy should just shut up jor

The oil that has been sold and embezzled since 1960 is not free?!! How much did they pay nature for it?!!
Re: Subsidy Removal As Elite Banditry, Reverse Robin Hoodism By Farooq A. Kperogi by Dotherightthing: 6:19pm On Jul 01, 2023
Angelfrost:

The oil that has been sold and embezzled since 1960 is not free?!! How much did they pay nature for it?!!

Did the crude oil flow out of the ground all by itself
Re: Subsidy Removal As Elite Banditry, Reverse Robin Hoodism By Farooq A. Kperogi by sukkot: 6:19pm On Jul 01, 2023
maasoap:

the bolded baffles me. i have concluded nigerians are dumb self saboteurs

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Subsidy Removal As Elite Banditry, Reverse Robin Hoodism By Farooq A. Kperogi by sukkot: 6:23pm On Jul 01, 2023
Dotherightthing:

How can we borrowing money to fund subsidy for chrissake
they borrow money to loot, so why not ?
Re: Subsidy Removal As Elite Banditry, Reverse Robin Hoodism By Farooq A. Kperogi by Dotherightthing: 6:23pm On Jul 01, 2023
sukkot:
the bolded baffles me. i have concluded nigerians are dumb self saboteurs

Only a l*natic will be happy to hear that his government is borrowing the future of his country to sustain a subsidy regime that is benefitting the whole sub sahara Africa. embarassed
Re: Subsidy Removal As Elite Banditry, Reverse Robin Hoodism By Farooq A. Kperogi by sukkot: 6:26pm On Jul 01, 2023
Dotherightthing:

Do you know much it costs and what it takes to drill crude oil from the ground

if it wasnt profitable they will not do it. the oil is free from GOD
Re: Subsidy Removal As Elite Banditry, Reverse Robin Hoodism By Farooq A. Kperogi by Dotherightthing: 6:26pm On Jul 01, 2023
sukkot:
they borrow money to loot, so why not ?

Road construction does not continue indefinitely

Rail construction comes to an end someday

But subsidy NEVER ends! Public refineries will never work!! Private refineries will never work!!! angry
Re: Subsidy Removal As Elite Banditry, Reverse Robin Hoodism By Farooq A. Kperogi by Dotherightthing: 6:28pm On Jul 01, 2023
sukkot:
if it wasnt profitable they will not do it. the oil is free from GOD

Yeah. But it took some investment...

Oil doesn't ooze out the ground and refine itself sad

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Give Us More Time - Buhari Begs ECOWAS Bank President (Photos) / Buhari Replies Critics: I Have Declared My Assets Four Times Since 1974 / I never said Wike And Fayose Will Be Expelled: Sherrif

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.