Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,435 members, 7,812,294 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:17 AM

Can Money Buy Happiness - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can Money Buy Happiness (401 Views)

Money Can't Buy Happiness?? / Can Money Open The Leg Of All Girl's ??? / Before You Toast A Girl Go Make Money, Buy Benz, iPhone- Slay Queen Advises Guys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Money Buy Happiness by Sandralight(f): 2:48pm On Jul 01, 2023
I saw a saying today when browsing Twitter and someone said
"Money may not buy happiness but poverty never buys anything"
It really resonates with me because of the constant saying that money can't buy happiness.
What exactly can make you happy?? Do you know money is mostly the root cause of sin, many people sin today because of the search for money, young guys enter into frauds while young girl are into hookup because of the desperation of money, if they have money, they wont enter that lifestyle.

So my question is "What exactly is the happiness that money can't buy"
Because my happiness at the moment is getting my own place, there is one thing I have been having in my head for months now, with 250k I will get my own place and leave where I am staying now, getting my own place will give me so much happiness, I wont feel sad or depressed so yes money can buy happiness.
When you are sick you can afford the best medical care, you can buy anything you want, you can travel anywhere you want to go, so why are people saying money can't buy happiness?

There was one lady I know years back, this lady was travelling when she got into an accident and injured her Spinal cord, the doctor said they can fixed the problem but they have to fly her to Lagos for the surgery and the money for the surgery is big, the lady family couldn't afford it so they didn't do the surgery and they took her home, this lady was paralyzed from the neck down, couldn't use her hands or legs, mother called a lot of pastors because that was her only hope, the pastors came and pray for healing but the lady remained where she is and she remained like that for 8 years, can you imagine spending 8 years of your life on the bed not moving and know this is your life, even if she had the money for the surgery it was too late and she was paralyzed forever.
After 8 years the lady mother died who was her primary care taker and nobody could help her, after some months of her mother passing she died herself, maybe she prayed for death or others prayed for her death because nobody cried when she died, they were mostly relieved, nobody want that burden of taking care of her on their shoulders.
So yes Money buys happiness, if the lady had money she will be living her life to the fullest, poverty is a disease that never helped anyone.

So when anyone says money can't buy happiness I wonder what sort of happiness they are saying because once you can afford good food, have your own house, good medical care, you have no worries in your life and yes I do know the rich also have their problems but they are not living hand to mouth, they wont be scared of an emergency because they know they can handle it.
Now that this country of ours is getting worse by the day and prizes of goods are increasing with salary remaining constants, our poverty level will just be increasing.
Poverty is like been in a free fall and hoping, struggling, hoping someone gives you a lifeline but you just keep falling and falling until you hit the ground and it's over.

Anyway I am just ranting.
Have a nice Saturday
Re: Can Money Buy Happiness by YinkaOlusesi16(m): 2:54pm On Jul 01, 2023
If you have all the money in the world and you are infertile, you can't produce & you can't have sex, is that an happiness?

1 Like

Re: Can Money Buy Happiness by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:01pm On Jul 01, 2023
money can buy you a COMFORTABLE life, but comfort is not the automatic connection to happiness...

ask any billionaire with an incurable illness if they A) are happy or B) wouldnt change place with a poor person right now (in exchange for good health)?

but hey, to most poor people today, MONEY IS INDEED THE SOLUTION TO THEIR PROBLEMS, and as they are hungry/broke, they certainly believe that money is the solution to their immediate problems, thus they believe that "money = happiness".

1 Like

Re: Can Money Buy Happiness by Sandralight(f): 3:07pm On Jul 01, 2023
YinkaOlusesi16:
If you have all the money in the world and you are infertile, you can't produce & you can't have sex, is that an happiness?
If it's infertility, there are many treatment for that and also there is another thing called "Adoption" it's just that many Nigerians dont know how to love other people children, that's why if they can't give birth, they just rather remain childless than adopting.
Also the poor can also be infertile and been poor and infertile is surely worst right.

1 Like

Re: Can Money Buy Happiness by Blackdeewhy(m): 3:10pm On Jul 01, 2023
What money cannot do, more money will.
Re: Can Money Buy Happiness by Sandralight(f): 3:13pm On Jul 01, 2023
MrBrownJay1:
money can buy you a COMFORTABLE life, but comfort is not the automatic connection to happiness...

ask any billionaire with an incurable illness if they A) are happy or B) wouldnt change place with a poor person right now (in exchange for good health)?

but hey, to most poor people today, MONEY IS INDEED THE SOLUTION TO THEIR PROBLEMS, and as they are hungry/broke, they certainly believe that money is the solution to their immediate problems, thus they believe that "money = happiness".

So the poor dont get incurable diseases??
The likelihood of the poor dying from basic malaria is higher then the rich dying from serious disease.
If a rich man have kidney damage, he can use his money to get the best care in the world and even buys kidney and be healthy unlike the poor man that will like died because he couldn't even afford dialysis which will be hundred of thousand weekly even before thinking of how to pay for kidney transplant.

Whether rich or poor, many sick people will rather exchange lives with healthy people but the rich get the upper hand in terms of medical care
Re: Can Money Buy Happiness by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jul 01, 2023
No.

1 Like

Re: Can Money Buy Happiness by myyansh68(m): 3:23pm On Jul 01, 2023
Yes.
Those that are saying "No " should transfer their money into my account and stop doing whatever generates money.

1 Like

Re: Can Money Buy Happiness by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:25pm On Jul 01, 2023
Sandralight:
So the poor dont get incurable diseases??
The likelihood of the poor dying from basic malaria is higher then the rich dying from serious disease.
If a rich man have kidney damage, he can use his money to get the best care in the world and even buys kidney and be healthy unlike the poor man that will like died because he couldn't even afford dialysis which will be hundred of thousand weekly even before thinking of how to pay for kidney transplant.

Whether rich or poor, many sick people will rather exchange lives with healthy people but the rich get the upper hand in terms of medical care

again, the difference between a rich terminal cancer patient and a poor one is COMFORT.... money will only buy them COMFORT, but in the end they will all die from their illness! so again, money can only buy a comfortable life, NOT happiness.
Re: Can Money Buy Happiness by vincenteger: 4:01pm On Jul 01, 2023
Money can only give you comfort but not happiness.

Money is a human craving that never ends.

1 Like

Re: Can Money Buy Happiness by Sandralight(f): 4:06pm On Jul 01, 2023
vincenteger:
Money can only give you comfort but not happiness.

Money is a human craving that never ends.
So what's your definition of happiness??
Like tell what will make you happy in this world, you can list 3 things because you guys keep talking about "comfort, comfort" then tell me what makes you happy
Re: Can Money Buy Happiness by Thugnificent(m): 4:10pm On Jul 01, 2023
Sandralight:

Like tell what will make you happy in this world, you can list 3 things because you guys keep talking about "comfort, comfort" then tell me what makes you happy
Salvation
Re: Can Money Buy Happiness by Dshocker(m): 4:15pm On Jul 01, 2023
Sandralight:
I saw a saying today when browsing Twitter and someone said
"Money may not buy happiness but poverty never buys anything"
It really resonates with me because of the constant saying that money can't buy happiness.
What exactly can make you happy?? Do you know money is mostly the root cause of sin, many people sin today because of the search for money, young guys enter into frauds while young girl are into hookup because of the desperation of money, if they have money, they wont enter that lifestyle.

So my question is "What exactly is the happiness that money can't buy"
Because my happiness at the moment is getting my own place, there is one thing I have been having in my head for months now, with 250k I will get my own place and leave where I am staying now, getting my own place will give me so much happiness, I wont feel sad or depressed so yes money can buy happiness.
When you are sick you can afford the best medical care, you can buy anything you want, you can travel anywhere you want to go, so why are people saying money can't buy happiness?

There was one lady I know years back, this lady was travelling when she got into an accident and injured her Spinal cord, the doctor said they can fixed the problem but they have to fly her to Lagos for the surgery and the money for the surgery is big, the lady family couldn't afford it so they didn't do the surgery and they took her home, this lady was paralyzed from the neck down, couldn't use her hands or legs, mother called a lot of pastors because that was her only hope, the pastors came and pray for healing but the lady remained where she is and she remained like that for 8 years, can you imagine spending 8 years of your life on the bed not moving and know this is your life, even if she had the money for the surgery it was too late and she was paralyzed forever.
After 8 years the lady mother died who was her primary care taker and nobody could help her, after some months of her mother passing she died herself, maybe she prayed for death or others prayed for her death because nobody cried when she died, they were mostly relieved, nobody want that burden of taking care of her on their shoulders.
So yes Money buys happiness, if the lady had money she will be living her life to the fullest, poverty is a disease that never helped anyone.

So when anyone says money can't buy happiness I wonder what sort of happiness they are saying because once you can afford good food, have your own house, good medical care, you have no worries in your life and yes I do know the rich also have their problems but they are not living hand to mouth, they wont be scared of an emergency because they know they can handle it.
Now that this country of ours is getting worse by the day and prizes of goods are increasing with salary remaining constants, our poverty level will just be increasing.
Poverty is like been in a free fall and hoping, struggling, hoping someone gives you a lifeline but you just keep falling and falling until you hit the ground and it's over.

Anyway I am just ranting.
Have a nice Saturday

When you have too much money, you will become bored to some extent, because there is nothing else to buy.
Re: Can Money Buy Happiness by KingDash09(m): 4:20pm On Jul 01, 2023
Y’all just saying nonsense... Money can bring happiness in all shape and sizes. Make person paste aza make I send am 1m if happiness no go kill the person
Re: Can Money Buy Happiness by Sandralight(f): 4:21pm On Jul 01, 2023
Thugnificent:
Salvation
Both the rich and the poor all fight for salvation, I know people are going to go with the rich man poor man story in the bible in which the poor man went to heaven and the rich man went to hell.
Rich men are also Christian too and they serve God too.
Tell me from this example of which one of this 2 persons is going to hell
One is rich, have money, dont have much bother in his life and serve God will all his heart
And the other is frustrated poor, poverty make him to steal, deceive and lie just to afford the basic necessity.
So who is going to hell.
Now I am not saying the poor will go to hell, I am just saying the devil can easily manipulate the poor all in the bid for money than the rich.
So basically everyone fights for Salvation but the fight is easier when you are rich because you wont be tempted to sell your soul because of peanuts like Esua sold his birth right because of porridge
Lack of money leads to a lot of sin
Re: Can Money Buy Happiness by Thugnificent(m): 4:32pm On Jul 01, 2023
Sandralight:

Both the rich and the poor all fight for salvation, I know people are going to go with the rich man poor man story in the bible in which the poor man went to heaven and the rich man went to hell.
Rich men are also Christian too and they serve God too.
Tell me from this example of which one of this 2 persons is going to hell
One is rich, have money, dont have much bother in his life and serve God will all his heart
And the other is frustrated poor, poverty make him to steal, deceive and lie just to afford the basic necessity.
So who is going to hell.
Now I am not saying the poor will go to hell, I am just saying the devil can easily manipulate the poor all in the bid for money than the rich.
So basically everyone fights for Salvation but the fight is easier when you are rich because you wont be tempted to sell your soul because of peanuts like Esua sold his birth right because of porridge
Lack of money leads to a lot of sin
My dear, Riches alone can't bring you true happiness. It's because you most likely in Nigeria that's why you think like this. If you were abroad your thinking will change. Do you think all the millionaires and billionaires in this world are happy? You never jam depression which doesn't discriminate whether you are rich or poor. When you have God and Jesus nothing else matters reason Jesus said, seek first the kingdom of God and every other thing will be added. True happiness comes from God whether rich or poor.

1 Like

Re: Can Money Buy Happiness by zanshi: 4:38pm On Jul 01, 2023
Happiness no dey for market so your answer is a NO.
Re: Can Money Buy Happiness by Salary: 4:50pm On Jul 01, 2023
zanshi:
Happiness no dey for market so your answer is a NO.

**There is a market for everythin', man!!

Re: Can Money Buy Happiness by Sandralight(f): 4:51pm On Jul 01, 2023
Thugnificent:
My dear, Riches alone can't bring you true happiness. It's because you most likely in Nigeria that's why you think like this. If you were abroad your thinking will change. Do you think all the millionaires and billionaires in this world are happy? You never jam depression which doesn't discriminate whether you are rich or poor. When you have God and Jesus nothing else matters reason Jesus said, seek first the kingdom of God and every other thing will be added. True happiness comes from God whether rich or poor.
I think we are diverting from the issue, of course God is the one that bring true happiness.
What I am simply trying to say is that money brings happiness, it makes you content, someone with money can afford all the comfort life have to offer unlike if you are poor.
Like I said in my first writeup "Money may not bring happiness but poverty never brings anything"
It is always better to be rich than poor and one thing you should know is everyone are not the same, many people get happiness from having a good life, from been rich just because some rich people get depressed doesn't change the fact that poor people get depressed too.

Even many Churches nowadays preach prosperity, praying their members get money because once you are rich life is easier to live, been truly focused on God is easier.
I have many things I would to say but let's just leave it like that, you are taking this to a religious level and I dont think I am ready for that
Re: Can Money Buy Happiness by Thugnificent(m): 5:43pm On Jul 01, 2023
Sandralight:

I think we are diverting from the issue, of course God is the one that bring true happiness.
What I am simply trying to say is that money brings happiness, it makes you content, someone with money can afford all the comfort life have to offer unlike if you are poor.
Like I said in my first writeup "Money may not bring happiness but poverty never brings anything"
It is always better to be rich than poor and one thing you should know is everyone are not the same, many people get happiness from having a good life, from been rich just because some rich people get depressed doesn't change the fact that poor people get depressed too.

Even many Churches nowadays preach prosperity, praying their members get money because once you are rich life is easier to live, been truly focused on God is easier.
I have many things I would to say but let's just leave it like that, you are taking this to a religious level and I dont think I am ready for that
I get your point now. But honestly having money without God is pointless as tomorrow is never guaranteed.
Re: Can Money Buy Happiness by vincenteger: 5:53pm On Jul 01, 2023
Sandralight:

Happiness: The condition of being prosperous, of having good fortune (According to my dictionary)
And being prosperous could mean being successful
That is to say 1: happiness could be achievement of my aims/goals
2: happiness could be the activities I engage in like helping people/seeing people happy
3: happiness is what I have gained

(1) (Reply)

How Naughty Are You? | +18 / A Seed Has Been Planted In The World... A Bad Seed / For Ladies Only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.