Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:55 AM

Send-Forth Dinner For The Super Falcons Ahead Of The Women's World Cup - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Send-Forth Dinner For The Super Falcons Ahead Of The Women's World Cup (28239 Views)

Sanwo-Olu, Dangote, Others At Dinner For Infantino (Photos). / Super Falcons Qualify For The Second Round In The Women’s World Cup / China Vs Nigeria: U-20 Women's World Cup - 1 - 1 (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

Re: Send-Forth Dinner For The Super Falcons Ahead Of The Women's World Cup by SonofGod231: 10:29pm On Jul 02, 2023
mu2sa2:
The usages you cite are correct - send forth used as phrasal verb. But Op says "send-forth dinner" which sounds awkward- why not just "Dinner for the super falcons..." Peace.
The phrase "Send forth dinner" can very much stand as an Idiomatic expression any where in the world. Peace!!
Re: Send-Forth Dinner For The Super Falcons Ahead Of The Women's World Cup by Jayhome24: 11:33pm On Jul 02, 2023
patriotic007:
Why associating with mandate thieves who have blood on their hands when going for a tournament that you need luck and God's Providence to take you forward?......How much will these dirty politicians will give you that is worth more than the millions of Nigerian hearts that you will bring Joy to by going far in this world cup?........ Sacrificing the fans happiness for your pocket?......so NFF can not fully sponsor this girls or what?...... their mates have played up to 2 grade 1 friendly matches to prepare them for the tournament and they are still here rubbing body with bad luck because of money.......NFF only becomes independent when the Government takes side in their internal dispute but they run to Government like hungry alimajiris from time to time and it does not bother them that they are supposed to be independent without government interference.......some are even praying for the team to win the world cup when they know that it will be more easy for a carmel to pass through the eyes of a niddle than for that to happen....... Nigerians always living in a fool's paradise grin grin grin grin grin

Thrash thrash thrash thrash thrash thrash thrash thrash.

Bulaba, balablu, blabla, blublu, blehbleh, blonblon, bliblibli, bloblobo, balabala shit.......

Definition of badluck calling someone a badluck......... Mr Goodluck who can not point to anyone in his entire family who has ever attained ordinary street Councillor position but here balablu bulaba calling someone a badluck.

I spit l!!!

Re: Send-Forth Dinner For The Super Falcons Ahead Of The Women's World Cup by nnamdi640: 1:27am On Jul 03, 2023
Are they still doing send-forth, not long ago, the coach stated that they are not ready for the tournament. Team that supposed to go in low key because as it stands, I am not expecting any magic from them.
Re: Send-Forth Dinner For The Super Falcons Ahead Of The Women's World Cup by naptu2: 3:05am On Jul 03, 2023
grin People are arguing about send-forth. They don't understand that the English Language is a living language.

Oxford English Dictionary.

As is the case with most new varieties of English, Nigerian English vocabulary emanated from the need to characterize phenomena and nuances in the users’ realities that are not adequately captured by the existing vocabulary of English. As a result, many Nigerian English words come from the country’s flora and fauna, local cuisine, dressing culture, traditional festivals and customs, means of transportation, political culture, etc. While some Nigerian English words are semantic extensions of existing English words (e.g., severally in Nigerian English means ‘on several occasions; repeatedly’ and send-forth is a noun meaning ‘a celebration or event to mark a person’s departure; a send-off’), many of them are borrowings from the indigenous languages (e.g. tokunbo which denotes ‘an imported second-hand product, esp. a car’).

https://www.oxfordlearnersdictionaries.com/definition/english/send-forth

send-forth, n.: “A celebration or event to mark a person’s departure; a send-off. Frequently as a modifier, as send-forth ceremony, send-forth party, etc.”

Full List: 29 Nigerian words in Oxford dictionary latest update

https://punchng.com/full-list-29-nigerian-words-in-oxford-dictionary-latest-update/
Re: Send-Forth Dinner For The Super Falcons Ahead Of The Women's World Cup by Mryacks: 6:02am On Jul 03, 2023
Hamachi:
They cannot go far. Ifeoma shouldn't make the squad, that lady that they didn't pick is a great flop, how can a onome Ebi 40yrs old defender be going to the world cup and the coach is a university Coach and as such we cannot make it

Omo, have that Ebi has been playing forever.....she should he 40+ sef

Re: Send-Forth Dinner For The Super Falcons Ahead Of The Women's World Cup by 12345baba(m): 6:55am On Jul 03, 2023
Hope they will pay them there salary
Re: Send-Forth Dinner For The Super Falcons Ahead Of The Women's World Cup by RevenuesBoost(f): 7:12am On Jul 03, 2023
Nice
Re: Send-Forth Dinner For The Super Falcons Ahead Of The Women's World Cup by enemyofprogress: 7:16am On Jul 03, 2023
All these girls no go sweet for bed again, exercise go don make their pusssssssy stiff like ponmo
Re: Send-Forth Dinner For The Super Falcons Ahead Of The Women's World Cup by phemmyfour: 7:38am On Jul 03, 2023
mu2sa2:
Send-forth or send-off? Which is correct? Grammar pundits over to you.
Send forth" and "send off" are two different phrasal verbs that have slightly different meanings.

"Send forth" typically means to emit or release something, often referring to a sound, smell, or light. For example, "The flower sends forth a sweet fragrance" or "The sun sends forth its rays."

On the other hand, "send off" usually means to dismiss or bid farewell to someone who is leaving, often by accompanying them to a departure point such as an airport or train station. For example, "We'll send him off with a big party" or "I went to the airport to send off my friend."

So, while both phrases involve sending something or someone away, "send forth" refers to the act of emitting or releasing something, whereas "send off" refers to the act of dismissing or bidding farewell to someone who is leaving
Re: Send-Forth Dinner For The Super Falcons Ahead Of The Women's World Cup by Parrot69: 7:55am On Jul 03, 2023
TMKsouth:
Why long speech na? Give us stomach infrastructure now. Our ride to airport leaving na. Mtcheeew!
You're a ridiculously cheap foool.
Irredeemable slowpoke at that.
Does this picture looks familiar, Soweto Ape 🐒

Re: Send-Forth Dinner For The Super Falcons Ahead Of The Women's World Cup by Nobody: 8:19am On Jul 03, 2023
sukkot:
where is opeyemi ajakaye ?
Probably didn't make the team.
Re: Send-Forth Dinner For The Super Falcons Ahead Of The Women's World Cup by sukkot: 8:45am On Jul 03, 2023
Olasyke:

Probably didn't make the team.
that girl is the most talented player we have. this is madness
Re: Send-Forth Dinner For The Super Falcons Ahead Of The Women's World Cup by Neoteny7: 9:53am On Jul 03, 2023
Why are they all so ugly?

They look like lesbians too.
Re: Send-Forth Dinner For The Super Falcons Ahead Of The Women's World Cup by Deewhy9993(m): 9:57am On Jul 03, 2023
Lolz..... See you guys after group stage
Re: Send-Forth Dinner For The Super Falcons Ahead Of The Women's World Cup by Hamachi(f): 11:00am On Jul 03, 2023
DodadaKoKigbe:

Onome Ebi is a disaster waiting to happen. I have said it severally times but nobody seems to see that she's COMPLETELY to old to be competing in professional football.
imagine a young striker up against her.

Re: Send-Forth Dinner For The Super Falcons Ahead Of The Women's World Cup by Hamachi(f): 11:01am On Jul 03, 2023
sukkot:
whattttttttt ? that girl is the best female striker in the whole of africa. that coach is rubbish
Worst coach ever liveth

Re: Send-Forth Dinner For The Super Falcons Ahead Of The Women's World Cup by greypencils: 1:22pm On Jul 03, 2023
Hate speech everywhere...Best of luck jare our black queens.
Re: Send-Forth Dinner For The Super Falcons Ahead Of The Women's World Cup by DodadaKoKigbe: 2:22pm On Jul 03, 2023
Hamachi:
imagine a young striker up against her.

My sister, we don't even need to imagine. We will see it at the world cup. I'm sure the opposing teams are already salivating and strategizing to use Onome's old age to get an edge over us.

Re: Send-Forth Dinner For The Super Falcons Ahead Of The Women's World Cup by Dadimendino: 2:26pm On Jul 03, 2023
luckingto50:
Bleep this nonsense coach for dropping the twin sisters who mount the right and left back of the defence with their mesmerizing speed. Come bring all these grandma to go and win world cup tueeeh.

Do you mean Toni payne and Nicole payne? I think they made the list! But they're still a university team players in the United States just like Ifeoma Onumonu. They have not yet started playing in the NWSL.

I think players like Oparanozie should be used at the upfront instead of academy player like Ifeoma Onumonu. This is one of the reasons we did not win the last women nation cup.
Re: Send-Forth Dinner For The Super Falcons Ahead Of The Women's World Cup by Hamachi(f): 4:05pm On Jul 03, 2023
DodadaKoKigbe:

My sister, we don't even need to imagine. We will see it at the world cup. I'm sure the opposing teams are already salivating and strategizing to use Onome's old age to get an edge over us.
Re: Send-Forth Dinner For The Super Falcons Ahead Of The Women's World Cup by fhidas: 6:15pm On Jul 03, 2023
Make dem go flop as usual 🤣🤣🤣
Re: Send-Forth Dinner For The Super Falcons Ahead Of The Women's World Cup by Ehizoje(m): 6:43pm On Jul 03, 2023
Not send forth is send off
Re: Send-Forth Dinner For The Super Falcons Ahead Of The Women's World Cup by Idiko1: 6:19am On Jul 04, 2023

Re: Send-Forth Dinner For The Super Falcons Ahead Of The Women's World Cup by Idiko1: 6:21am On Jul 04, 2023
Hamachi:
They cannot go far. Ifeoma shouldn't make the squad, that lady that they didn't pick is a great flop, how can a onome Ebi 40yrs old defender be going to the world cup and the coach is a university Coach and as such we cannot make it

Only from Nigeria that woods go to world cup as players.

Re: Send-Forth Dinner For The Super Falcons Ahead Of The Women's World Cup by Idiko1: 6:23am On Jul 04, 2023
Naijaguy123:
My Konji looking at these women. They are suppose to be hot !

Do not look for showstoppers among Nigerian female footballers.
Re: Send-Forth Dinner For The Super Falcons Ahead Of The Women's World Cup by Idiko1: 6:36am On Jul 04, 2023
enemyofprogress:
All these girls no go sweet for bed again, exercise go don make their pusssssssy stiff like ponmo

I thought stiffened one is better than the ordinary. Naija pekins go wound somebody for dis site.
Re: Send-Forth Dinner For The Super Falcons Ahead Of The Women's World Cup by Hamachi(f): 5:04pm On Jul 05, 2023
Idiko1:

Only from Nigeria that woods go to world cup as players.

Emiliano Sala: Southampton Release Statement After Fans Mock Striker's Death / Chelsea Sign Thiago Silva On A Free Transfer / 'I Need My Money’ – Amuneke Adopts New Strategy To Tackle Debtor Tanzania FA