Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,140 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:45 AM

The Nigerian Army Vows To Get Rid Of Ethnic And Religious Bigots - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Nigerian Army Vows To Get Rid Of Ethnic And Religious Bigots (4837 Views)

Map Of Ethnic Groups In Nigeria As It Revolves From 1901- 2015 / Apc party is a compendium of political thugs and religious bigots / Genocide: The Consequence Of Ethnic Bigotry? (Hotel Rwanda) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Nigerian Army Vows To Get Rid Of Ethnic And Religious Bigots by Beaf: 8:02pm On Oct 04, 2011
Ethnic And Religious Bigots Will Be Flushed-out From The Army

[size=14pt]Nigerian Army vows to flushout religious and ethnic bigots[/size]
On October 4, 2011 · In News , 
By George Onah

Port Harcourt – The Nigerian Army has warned officers and soldiers who are religious or ethnic bigots to quietly drop their uniforms and return to their communities because any soldier caught in such act would regret he ever joined the army.

General Officer Commanding 82 Division Maj. Gen. Sunday Idoko who was in 2 Amphibious Brigade Port Harcourt, Tuesday, said the army was not for narrow minded people who would relegate the interest of the nation to the background.

Accordingly, Idoko urged the troops to put national interest above allegiance to their communities, ethnic groups and religions, because anything short of that will make them bad combatants that have no business in the army.

“We have discovered that some soldiers put the interest of their communities, region and religion above national interest. If you want to be good soldiers, Nigeria should come first and not any other entity or personal affiliations.

“Once you are a disciplined soldier you don’t have any problem. When we talk of loyalty, anything short of 100 per cent loyalty renders you unfit to be a soldier”, insisting that the troops must be disciplined and loyal to President Goodluck Jonathan, the Commander-in-Chief.

“For anyone to be a successful soldier, he must be loyal to the president, loyal to the Federal Republic of Nigeria and when we talk about loyalty,  there is nothing like eighty  or sixty percent,  it  must be hundred percent”, he said

Idoko vowed that the would investigate the allegations that a major oil company uses military personnel to perpetrate human rights abuses in the Niger Delta region and that any officer found guilty of these allegations will not be spared.

“I have not heard of that allegation. If there is any such case is proved against any soldier, we will deal with him appropriately but certainly I have not heard of any”.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/10/nigerian-army-vows-to-flushout-religious-and-ethnic-bigots/
Re: The Nigerian Army Vows To Get Rid Of Ethnic And Religious Bigots by SouthEast1: 8:17pm On Oct 04, 2011
Great. There are many rogue soldiers in the Nigerian army that needs weeded out
Re: The Nigerian Army Vows To Get Rid Of Ethnic And Religious Bigots by Beaf: 12:30am On Oct 05, 2011
Quite a few members of the armed forces are boko haram people, so the warning is necessary. In fact I would recommend a purge.
Re: The Nigerian Army Vows To Get Rid Of Ethnic And Religious Bigots by Desola(f): 1:51am On Oct 05, 2011
The haramites should kill the man that made that statement!
Re: The Nigerian Army Vows To Get Rid Of Ethnic And Religious Bigots by Beaf: 1:57am On Oct 05, 2011
Idoko vowed that the would investigate the allegations that a major oil company uses military personnel to perpetrate human rights abuses in the Niger Delta region and that any officer found guilty of these allegations will not be spared.

Shell or Chevron?
Re: The Nigerian Army Vows To Get Rid Of Ethnic And Religious Bigots by nastydamus(m): 2:15am On Oct 05, 2011
Are you referring to the same 'Nigerian' Army whose composition is skewed in the favour of a certain part of the country?
I don't see any cleansing or flush-out happening anytime soon, pardon my pessimism on this one.
Re: The Nigerian Army Vows To Get Rid Of Ethnic And Religious Bigots by Beaf: 7:21am On Oct 05, 2011
^
We might be pleasantly surprised. Remember that the massive reshuffle that brought in Ihejirika was likened to a coup; there's no reason why it can't be done again with boko haram as the reason.
Re: The Nigerian Army Vows To Get Rid Of Ethnic And Religious Bigots by Yeske2(m): 8:29am On Oct 05, 2011
I wish the GOC be invited to Nairaland to help flush out some internet ethnic warriors too
Re: The Nigerian Army Vows To Get Rid Of Ethnic And Religious Bigots by Progreen: 12:02pm On Oct 05, 2011
South-East:

Great. There are many rogue soldiers in the Nigerian army that needs weeded out

correct
Re: The Nigerian Army Vows To Get Rid Of Ethnic And Religious Bigots by victorazy(m): 12:11pm On Oct 05, 2011
The General must not be an Housa man and if am right, he should guard his life
Re: The Nigerian Army Vows To Get Rid Of Ethnic And Religious Bigots by Texther(m): 12:15pm On Oct 05, 2011
great ooo wink wink wink
Re: The Nigerian Army Vows To Get Rid Of Ethnic And Religious Bigots by DisGuy: 12:27pm On Oct 05, 2011
Yeske!:

I wish the GOC be invited to Nairaland to help flush out some internet ethnic warriors too

yeske! i second ya motion bros
Re: The Nigerian Army Vows To Get Rid Of Ethnic And Religious Bigots by Okijajuju1(m): 12:35pm On Oct 05, 2011
All Soldiers of Hausa decent should be expelled from the army now cos they are all potential terrorists
Re: The Nigerian Army Vows To Get Rid Of Ethnic And Religious Bigots by hugooh42(m): 12:39pm On Oct 05, 2011
Ethnic bigots on Nairaland like Bluetooth,Ile -Ileke abi ile Idi amin and others.
Re: The Nigerian Army Vows To Get Rid Of Ethnic And Religious Bigots by eghost247(m): 12:49pm On Oct 05, 2011
waiting
Re: The Nigerian Army Vows To Get Rid Of Ethnic And Religious Bigots by Meristem: 12:58pm On Oct 05, 2011
I shall see how they will do it.
Re: The Nigerian Army Vows To Get Rid Of Ethnic And Religious Bigots by bisiaet: 1:18pm On Oct 05, 2011
Please posters stop wasting your time answering this people called Nigeria Army all we always hear is "We will" but we have not yet hear "We have" please oga army we are tired of your "we will all we need is we have" and not blablablabla
Re: The Nigerian Army Vows To Get Rid Of Ethnic And Religious Bigots by DisGuy: 1:45pm On Oct 05, 2011
Okija_juju:

All Soldiers of Hausa decent should be expelled from the army now cos they are all potential terrorists

true, all muslims should be expelled from nigeria too, i wonder why jonathan is still working with sambo
Re: The Nigerian Army Vows To Get Rid Of Ethnic And Religious Bigots by moderatorr: 2:02pm On Oct 05, 2011
all muslims are pottential terrorists, sambo is a muslim, therefore sambo is a pottential terrorist!
Re: The Nigerian Army Vows To Get Rid Of Ethnic And Religious Bigots by eunisam: 2:15pm On Oct 05, 2011
How will they identify them>
Re: The Nigerian Army Vows To Get Rid Of Ethnic And Religious Bigots by iykemanuel(m): 2:24pm On Oct 05, 2011
who is he tellin:muraina or saleh maina. If yawa gas b ready to defend ya ass.
Re: The Nigerian Army Vows To Get Rid Of Ethnic And Religious Bigots by iykemanuel(m): 2:28pm On Oct 05, 2011
who is he tellin:muraina or saleh maina. If yawa gas b ready to defend ya ass.
Re: The Nigerian Army Vows To Get Rid Of Ethnic And Religious Bigots by Okijajuju1(m): 2:55pm On Oct 05, 2011
moderatorr:

all muslims are pottential terrorists, sambo is a muslim, therefore sambo is a pottential terrorist!

Gbam!!

I think he is part of the sponsors of Boko Haram
Re: The Nigerian Army Vows To Get Rid Of Ethnic And Religious Bigots by executinal(m): 3:34pm On Oct 05, 2011
Lack of orientation.
Re: The Nigerian Army Vows To Get Rid Of Ethnic And Religious Bigots by Dede1(m): 3:36pm On Oct 05, 2011
@POST

Nigerians in conspicuous position of power tend to fan stupidity. Instead of attacking the issues that breed tribal sentiments in Nigeria, they are busy making threats nobody pays any mind. All the goodies about military installation in Nigeria are situated in the northern region of Nigeria.

Any Nigerian wishing to join the armed forces is meant to recite his or her tribal and community stance in order to determine if quota system should have a place for him or her in the armed forces. Economic infrastructures in the country are rather situated based on tribal yardsticks than sense of nationalism. There are only two gateways to out or into Nigeria and both are tribal instigated.

The soldier called Idoko should have spoken out on clear inequalities built into the psychic of Nigerians which has granted loud voices toward disintegration of Nigeria. One of these days, Idoko would wakeup and will not see country called Nigeria talk less of tribalism.

Nigeria should strive to create sense of equal belongings in order to slow down the urge to gravitate towards tribalism and disintegration of Nigeria.
Re: The Nigerian Army Vows To Get Rid Of Ethnic And Religious Bigots by DisGuy: 3:55pm On Oct 05, 2011
Okija_juju:

Gbam!!

tell the truth okija

You've secretly been poisoning your non-igbo/Christian colleagues grin

kill them before they kill you right?
Re: The Nigerian Army Vows To Get Rid Of Ethnic And Religious Bigots by Okijajuju1(m): 4:04pm On Oct 05, 2011
Dis Guy:

tell the truth okija

You've secretly been poisoning your non-igbo/Christian colleagues grin

kill them before they kill you right?

I plead the fifth, wink grin
Re: The Nigerian Army Vows To Get Rid Of Ethnic And Religious Bigots by hakanai(m): 4:04pm On Oct 05, 2011
Okija_juju:

Gbam!!

moderatorr:

Dis Guy:

true, all muslims should be expelled from nigeria too, i wonder why jonathan is still working with sambo

Okija_juju:

Mr GOC please start with the above ^^^^^ .This are verified bigots of both ethnic and religious dimension

Beaf:

Quite a few members of the armed forces are boko haram people, so the warning is necessary. In fact I would recommend a purge.

Beaf:

^
We might be pleasantly surprised. Remember that the massive reshuffle that brought in Ihejirika was likened to a coup; there's no reason why it can't be done again with boko haram as the reason.

Mr beaf are you suggesting the purging of the army based on ethnic and religious reasonsNot just because someone committing treasonable/criminal act.Just because he is from a particular side of the country?I hope you are listening to yourself, because people are not fools and even your lord GEJ knows just how far he can go with a so called purge.Unless it is suppose to be a long term plot.which will also fail without doubt.Because as soon as states notice there quota disappear!!!!!!They have Political,Judicial and other means to insist on there right to be a part of it.
It should not be about ethnic or religious reasons but a clear indoctrination of the army to be strictly secular.Discard religious/ethnic activities from the military.Just like in many countries eg Turkey.The army becomes a guardian against extremism and anti-national vices without remorse or favor shikena.But suggesting that Northerners be targeted is just going to destroy the nation and add speed towards separation.
Re: The Nigerian Army Vows To Get Rid Of Ethnic And Religious Bigots by DisGuy: 4:07pm On Oct 05, 2011
@ haka nai

Actually, mine was a feeble attempt at sarcasm
Re: The Nigerian Army Vows To Get Rid Of Ethnic And Religious Bigots by velo10: 5:46pm On Oct 05, 2011
Glad to see this issue addressed. Soldiers' loyalty should be to the government not some insane tribal militant group
Re: The Nigerian Army Vows To Get Rid Of Ethnic And Religious Bigots by http(m): 7:43pm On Oct 05, 2011
moderatorr:

Dis Guy:

I guess you guys are the terrorist, posting S.T.U.P.I.D , ethnic and religious bigot messages, bunch of Bigot F.O.O.L.S.
Re: The Nigerian Army Vows To Get Rid Of Ethnic And Religious Bigots by DisGuy: 7:53pm On Oct 05, 2011
flew right past ya!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

So Naija & S.A Are Not The Richest Countries In Africa Afterall / Mathematically, Is It Possible For PDP To Still Win This Presidential Election / PROF Kingsley Moghalu Assures Nigerians That His Presidency Will Restore Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.