Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,906 members, 7,828,185 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

UNIBEN May Lose Geology Accreditation As Varsity Begs For N2.5m Funding - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNIBEN May Lose Geology Accreditation As Varsity Begs For N2.5m Funding (12932 Views)

EKSU May Lose Over 50 Courses Accreditation / ABU Students Return N2.5m To Owner (Photos) / Many Geologists Are Riding Okada - Olugbenga Okunlola, UI Professor Of Geology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNIBEN May Lose Geology Accreditation As Varsity Begs For N2.5m Funding by Munamu: 5:05pm On Jul 02, 2023
thesicilian:
Justin 2.5m? I can gift them the money if they'll name the department after me.

Shege! Nagan wani iyanmirin nan grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNIBEN May Lose Geology Accreditation As Varsity Begs For N2.5m Funding by Munamu: 5:05pm On Jul 02, 2023
thesicilian:

Shege!

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN May Lose Geology Accreditation As Varsity Begs For N2.5m Funding by Benjamin4388(m): 5:44pm On Jul 02, 2023
thesicilian:
take it or leave it offer

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN May Lose Geology Accreditation As Varsity Begs For N2.5m Funding by ppogba: 5:46pm On Jul 02, 2023
NOETHNICITY:
Our universities need to be audited. They can’t just be operating like they are on their own.

Good idea but that is part of what our universities administrators do not want to hear.

Make an attempt and all hell Will be let loose.
Re: UNIBEN May Lose Geology Accreditation As Varsity Begs For N2.5m Funding by Drbarmes(m): 5:46pm On Jul 02, 2023
thesicilian:
Very anyhow people

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN May Lose Geology Accreditation As Varsity Begs For N2.5m Funding by SpatialKing(m): 5:53pm On Jul 02, 2023
Geology in Nigeria is going Crumbling
Re: UNIBEN May Lose Geology Accreditation As Varsity Begs For N2.5m Funding by fmonigent(m): 5:54pm On Jul 02, 2023
Sweetrosie:

But you can compare them with Nigeria when it suits you??

You dey mind the Hypocrite

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN May Lose Geology Accreditation As Varsity Begs For N2.5m Funding by thesicilian: 6:01pm On Jul 02, 2023
Skyview01:

Thesicilian Geology department of Uniben!

Re: UNIBEN May Lose Geology Accreditation As Varsity Begs For N2.5m Funding by Sweetrosie(f): 6:02pm On Jul 02, 2023
nairalanda1:

Are you aware that Germans pay for free education with tax rates at 45-50% of income?

Also, Germany's tax to gdp is 39%...ours just manages to reach 10%

German GDP is 4.26 trillion dollars, compared to our 442 billion dollars(not up to a trillion even)

German population is..83.2 million compared to our 220 million people.

Yeah, and you expect us to get free education? LOL.

Germany has the money to pay for free education. We don't, plus the APC looterocrats make matters worse.

How many oil and natural gas + gold is in Germany??

What are Nigerians benefiting from their own God given resources??
Re: UNIBEN May Lose Geology Accreditation As Varsity Begs For N2.5m Funding by Sweetrosie(f): 6:05pm On Jul 02, 2023
LADEMINUS:
Name the school. I will tell you the bill lol.
No be only tuition free

Ask nicely and I will show you the way to tution free university education in Germany even msc.

Summer semester application starts this September
Re: UNIBEN May Lose Geology Accreditation As Varsity Begs For N2.5m Funding by Mariezaza1(m): 6:05pm On Jul 02, 2023
thesicilian:
Just 2.5m? I can gift them the money if they'll name the department after me.
Please gift me any amount of your choice
Opay
Thanks so much in advance πŸ™
Re: UNIBEN May Lose Geology Accreditation As Varsity Begs For N2.5m Funding by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 6:06pm On Jul 02, 2023
nairalanda1:

Are you aware that Germans pay for free education with tax rates at 45-50% of income?

Also, Germany's tax to gdp is 39%...ours just manages to reach 10%

German GDP is 4.26 trillion dollars, compared to our 442 billion dollars(not up to a trillion even)

German population is..83.2 million compared to our 220 million people.

Yeah, and you expect us to get free education? LOL.

Germany has the money to pay for free education. We don't, plus the APC looterocrats make matters worse.

I love the way you nailed it!

I duff my hat!
Re: UNIBEN May Lose Geology Accreditation As Varsity Begs For N2.5m Funding by Mariezaza1(m): 6:10pm On Jul 02, 2023
Idamond:
they should name it after me, I'll give them.
Please can you help me with anything πŸ™
Opay
Thanks so much in advance πŸ™

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNIBEN May Lose Geology Accreditation As Varsity Begs For N2.5m Funding by SirLakes: 6:11pm On Jul 02, 2023
helinues:

Is that the question I asked?

Are politicians in Germany stealing and wasting resources like they do in Nigeria
Re: UNIBEN May Lose Geology Accreditation As Varsity Begs For N2.5m Funding by Sweetrosie(f): 6:11pm On Jul 02, 2023
xperiencelove:

Continue deceiving yourself by comparing Germany Universities to Nigerias.

The total number of students in University of Ibadan alone is more than 7 universities students combined in Germany.
You forgot that we have polytechnics, monotechnics, college of education and various levels of higher institutions in Nigeria that are almost free. Both Yabatech and Poly Ibadan alone have combined students of 43000 if not more by now.
Department of Accountancy alone in Poly Ibadan has over 3000 students; that is almost the total number of the entire students in University of Edinburgh in the UK!

Germany is less than 85m citizens including immigrants.
Many times, we don't appreciate what we have until we loose it.

Do you have more infrastructures and equipment in the university more than them??

They even offer international student tuition free degree programs.

But you as a Nigerian with all the oil and gas God given deposits aren't benefiting anything, keep defending rubbish
Re: UNIBEN May Lose Geology Accreditation As Varsity Begs For N2.5m Funding by nairalanda1(m): 6:12pm On Jul 02, 2023
Sweetrosie:

How many oil and natural gas + gold is in Germany??

What are Nigerians benefiting from their own God given resources??

Here is the thing...and I am not defending any useless government here.

Oil and gas are useless plus gold. What is useful is whether you are producing goods and materials for the world to use...that is how one makes money.

Or how come Germany, without oil and natural gas is richer than Saudi, which has lots of oil and gas, and whose gdp is 835 billion dollars?

The truth is, I want free education, as much as the other guy. But the thing is free education costs money. And Nigeria despite being an oil prodiucing naiton, does not have the money....EVEN BEFORE WE TALK ABOUT LOOTING...because we are NOT earning enough from oil.

Which is why corruption in Nigeria is a very very evil crime.

The problem with oil and gas is you cannot set the price. Ditto gold. Whereas if you are making things like cars, electronics, etc, that the Germans make, you can set your prices and earn enough money.

LOL...if Saudi is not as rich as Germany upon all the oyel they produce, would Nigeria be that rich?

You guys should wake up. We are not a rich nation, and years of APC have made matters worse. And some of you call yourselves obidients, yet were not listening when YOUR man stated that Nigeria needs to be PRODUCTIVE.

Better not make me laugh today. WHO oil elp? Na Saudi who if the oil runs out, or nucelar fusion is developed, they would be broke.
Re: UNIBEN May Lose Geology Accreditation As Varsity Begs For N2.5m Funding by nairalanda1(m): 6:14pm On Jul 02, 2023
SangoOlukosoOba:

I love the way you nailed it!

I duff my hat!

Thank you.

Seriously I want free educaiton. Infact ideally, I think that education should be free except in universites...

But the hard truth is, we cannot afford it. All those countries that have free educaiton pay heavily in taxes (I know one Nigerian who refuses to jakpa because the tax rate is too harsh in his own opinion over there).
Re: UNIBEN May Lose Geology Accreditation As Varsity Begs For N2.5m Funding by Sweetrosie(f): 6:16pm On Jul 02, 2023
Scarrr:
all this obedient ppl and fake fake nonsense and figures πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. Which schs abeg? I wan check something ... Naso una Messiah Obi dey go online , take unverified info's ,dey cap nonsense as facts on international tvπŸ˜’

Why don't you ask questions nicely and get helped...germany truly offers even international students tuition free degree programs.

Read news wide too, stop feeding on nairaland bigotry
Re: UNIBEN May Lose Geology Accreditation As Varsity Begs For N2.5m Funding by Scarrr: 6:26pm On Jul 02, 2023
Sweetrosie:

Why don't you ask questions nicely and get helped...germany truly offers even international students tuition free degree programs.

Read news wide too, stop feeding on nairaland bigotry
stop feeding ppl lies, which schools ? and free as in tution or whole school fees?
Re: UNIBEN May Lose Geology Accreditation As Varsity Begs For N2.5m Funding by Sweetrosie(f): 6:31pm On Jul 02, 2023
nairalanda1:

Here is the thing...and I am not defending any useless government here.

Oil and gas are useless plus gold. What is useful is whether you are producing goods and materials for the world to use...that is how one makes money.

Or how come Germany, without oil and natural gas is richer than Saudi, which has lots of oil and gas, and whose gdp is 835 billion dollars?

The truth is, I want free education, as much as the other guy. But the thing is free education costs money. And Nigeria despite being an oil prodiucing naiton, does not have the money....EVEN BEFORE WE TALK ABOUT LOOTING...because we are NOT earning enough from oil.

Which is why corruption in Nigeria is a very very evil crime.

The problem with oil and gas is you cannot set the price. Ditto gold. Whereas if you are making things like cars, electronics, etc, that the Germans make, you can set your prices and earn enough money.

LOL...if Saudi is not as rich as Germany upon all the oyel they produce, would Nigeria be that rich?

You guys should wake up. We are not a rich nation, and years of APC have made matters worse. And some of you call yourselves obidients, yet were not listening when YOUR man stated that Nigeria needs to be PRODUCTIVE.

Better not make me laugh today. WHO oil elp? Na Saudi who if the oil runs out, or nucelar fusion is developed, they would be broke.

You are not defending any useless government but u ended up ass licking them.

Nigeria needs to be productive, yes. Is it by cutting every subsidy the citizens enjoy?? Is that your own definition of production?

Even saudi you mentioned gives their own free health care and basic education upto high school. While most of their universities are tuition free for indigenes.

Stop capping oga

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN May Lose Geology Accreditation As Varsity Begs For N2.5m Funding by Sweetrosie(f): 6:35pm On Jul 02, 2023
Scarrr:
stop feeding ppl lies, which schools ? and free as in tution or whole school fees?

Go make your enquiries and stop mentioning me...your likes don't read news pass nairaland.
Re: UNIBEN May Lose Geology Accreditation As Varsity Begs For N2.5m Funding by nairalanda1(m): 6:35pm On Jul 02, 2023
Sweetrosie:

You are not defending any useless government but u ended up ass licking them.

Nigeria needs to be productive, yes. Is it by cutting every subsidy the citizens enjoy?? Is that your own definition of production?

Even saudi you mentioned gives their own free health care and basic education upto high school. While most of their universities are tuition free for indigenes.

Stop capping oga

So, saying Nigeria is a poor naiton means I am ass licking government?

Wow...

My saying Nigeria is a poor naiton is also saying, by extension, that government HAS FAILED. Including this one, and the previous one.

Get that, sport fan? It is a statement of failure, not a statement excusing failure.

SO if you told your child that he has failed his exam, and is a poor student when he gets F in all his subjects, that means you are excusing poor performance? Okay

We are a poor naiton because for years we have not used our resources to make goods and services for the world to use. That is a indictment on government including this one, and the past one.

And that is why we cannot afford free education.

We can afford free education, but we have to make the hard choices Germany made, as did other nations. Better tax regimen, and not just relying on ONE resource..be it oil or okra.

LOL...so everyone that disagrees with you is pro-government? I wonder....

Is it oil that is 100 dollars today, 10 dollars per barrel tomorrow that we would use to fund free education? Or manufactured goods whose prices we can SET, that would earn us money, plus better tax uptake?

Also all the nice welfare things they enjoy abroad is due to TAXES...at rates we don't do here in Nigeria (our rate is 20-22%).
Re: UNIBEN May Lose Geology Accreditation As Varsity Begs For N2.5m Funding by Cromagnon: 6:36pm On Jul 02, 2023
Sweetrosie:

Are you aware that Germany offers their Citizens tuition free university program, even to international students.

So I ask you, what are Nigerians benefiting from their God given mineral resources??

are you are Germany has per capita income of 60,000$ CBS Nigeria has $2,500 or less with inflation
Re: UNIBEN May Lose Geology Accreditation As Varsity Begs For N2.5m Funding by Cromagnon: 6:37pm On Jul 02, 2023
OneCandleAway:

You'd be suprised Nigeria has more resources than Germany but corruption, mismanagement is the problem with Nigeria.
No, lazy citizens is the problem
Re: UNIBEN May Lose Geology Accreditation As Varsity Begs For N2.5m Funding by Sirchiboy: 6:38pm On Jul 02, 2023
thesicilian:
Just 2.5m? I can gift them the money if they'll name the department after me.
Please uncle I just looking 4 100k to clear my fees and go for service

Please help me
Re: UNIBEN May Lose Geology Accreditation As Varsity Begs For N2.5m Funding by Cromagnon: 6:38pm On Jul 02, 2023
Sweetrosie:

Abeg gerrout...make me and you dey do hide and seek.

You think people don't see the nonsense you do and defend here?? Go face your gateman work Abeg
make he great when you see say you no get argument?

Ppl like you is why Nigeria is the way it is
Re: UNIBEN May Lose Geology Accreditation As Varsity Begs For N2.5m Funding by Sweetrosie(f): 6:38pm On Jul 02, 2023
Cromagnon:
are you are Germany has per capita income of 60,000$ CBS Nigeria has $2,500 or less with inflation

Then next time you want to justify high fuel price and education subsidy removal...don't mention germany and other developed nation.

Okay?
Re: UNIBEN May Lose Geology Accreditation As Varsity Begs For N2.5m Funding by Sweetrosie(f): 6:40pm On Jul 02, 2023
Cromagnon:
make he great when you see say you no get argument?

Ppl like you is why Nigeria is the way it is

Nigeria is the way it is because you voted, supported and defended buhari in the past 8yrs...it is worst now because you voted and incoherent vegetable who doesn't know his left from right.

Take responsibilities for your actions for once, stop shifting blames
Re: UNIBEN May Lose Geology Accreditation As Varsity Begs For N2.5m Funding by Cromagnon: 6:41pm On Jul 02, 2023
drlaykay:
My concern is what the money is to be used for. More like robbing palms kind of money. The body responsible for accreditation should be responsible for its team's transportation, feeding, logistics and the likes.

All these system practised in Nigeria is funny.

I stand to be corrected
you think palms aren't rubbed in obodo?
Nothing is free in life but the grace of God
Re: UNIBEN May Lose Geology Accreditation As Varsity Begs For N2.5m Funding by bonnyhope: 6:41pm On Jul 02, 2023

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN May Lose Geology Accreditation As Varsity Begs For N2.5m Funding by Scarrr: 6:45pm On Jul 02, 2023
Sweetrosie:

Go make your enquiries and stop mentioning me...your likes don't read news pass nairaland.
shut up! and stop capping nonsense... name just one school that the whole school fees is free or Just admit you're ignorant. πŸ™„
Re: UNIBEN May Lose Geology Accreditation As Varsity Begs For N2.5m Funding by drlaykay(m): 6:46pm On Jul 02, 2023
Cromagnon:
you think palms aren't rubbed in obodo?
Nothing is free in life but the grace of God
It won't be this publicly displayed. This sounds like a norm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

ASUU: FG To Present Terms At Meeting Today / UNIBEN Suspends Three Students Over Protest β€” CAMPUS GIST / I Was Invited For TOTAL Scholarship Aptitude Test.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.