Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,294 members, 7,826,171 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:41 AM

Trademore Residents Protest Planned Demolition (Video, Photos) - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Trademore Residents Protest Planned Demolition (Video, Photos) (24800 Views)

CROWN VISTA CITY LUGBE, BY TRADEMORE ESTATE ABUJA. COME AND SEE!!! / Inside N1,080,000,000 Banana Island Lagos Mansion (Video, Photos) / "The Collapsed Lagos Island Building Had Been Marked For Demolition Last Year" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trademore Residents Protest Planned Demolition (Video, Photos) by SalamRushdie: 6:45pm On Jul 03, 2023
They want to keep living in that dangerous flood plain? The govt should value their buildings and pay compensation fully because it's the govts fault they were issued bad lands in the first place
Re: Trademore Residents Protest Planned Demolition (Video, Photos) by TenQ: 6:47pm On Jul 03, 2023
MrNotAgain:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnbb1PKcaZ8

Source- https://punchng.com/just-in-trademore-residents-protest-planned-demolition/

And STUPID & WICKED Government that sold them the land and gave approval permits for building want to demolish the buildings without FIRSTLY providing an ALTERNATIVE?
Re: Trademore Residents Protest Planned Demolition (Video, Photos) by Peterson03(m): 6:59pm On Jul 03, 2023
MrNotAgain:
More
Damn.
Hey guys, I want to help 2 persons learn the number 1 high income skill in the world which is copywriting!
I want to give two persons 20% scholarship into the Bachelor of copywriting course (You'll pay 4k instead of 5k). Let me know if you are interested.. Fastest finger first o!! 08159563862
Re: Trademore Residents Protest Planned Demolition (Video, Photos) by bigiyaro(m): 7:03pm On Jul 03, 2023
Kossyso:
We too like demolition in this country. Our leaders hardly think of a better solution. How can you sack the whole estate just like that?
Demolition should be the last option after all possible solutions must have been exhausted.
that place is a natural flood plain, there is no engineering solution to it.
Re: Trademore Residents Protest Planned Demolition (Video, Photos) by Reference(m): 7:11pm On Jul 03, 2023
Simple environmental problems all have pragmatic engineering solutions if lazy minded Nigerians can keep their eyes off corruption. One third of Holland would have been demolished in this case. They should go to court abeg.
Re: Trademore Residents Protest Planned Demolition (Video, Photos) by integrity16(m): 7:24pm On Jul 03, 2023
Because to them, it is easy and economical to destroy than provide engineering solutions.
Re: Trademore Residents Protest Planned Demolition (Video, Photos) by 9japride(m): 7:44pm On Jul 03, 2023
The problem with estate developers and those in charge of development control is the issue of disregard to environment. They know fully well that some areas are natural waterways and wet lands yet they will erect structures in such areas.
It's same mentality that is being used in election processes, civil service, etc.
Re: Trademore Residents Protest Planned Demolition (Video, Photos) by chidiokay: 7:45pm On Jul 03, 2023
Kossyso:

We are humans and not animals. Even animals do take care of their own. Empathy is synonymous to being human so it's not out of place to show empathy to the affected.
See my brother, Nigerian government always look for an easy way out as opposed to finding a better and sustainable ways to tackle a situation just to make sure that there is something left to enter their pocket at the end of the day.
It's more economical for whomever that is in charge to bring bulldozer and demolish the whole place, leave it bare and siphon the remaining funds than to find a way to channel the floods properly to a place where it will have no or less effect. Yes some buildings will definitely give way yet a thoughtful government will employ the services of engineers to examine the estate and map out a better way to construct drainages. I don tire to speak grammar my dear but I strongly insist that demolition should be the last option.

Like i said, you are making these all about empathy but there is a level to everything,

I don't see why any normal human will be looking for the hard way out, so its understandable when the govt looks for easy way out.
i know an area where anytime rain falls heavy for hrs, the whole house becomes flooded and you will see the occupants hanging around ... what kind of life is that, i keep wondering how people willingly pay money to buy such land and i get furious becos i can"t just bear such discomfort for a day not to talk of years they have being there.

Govt have so much responsibility on it neck,such that you can creat problem for yourself and be expecting govt to come and brainstorm how to solve the problem you created.
There are town planners and the guide lines are clear, you can even hire a surveyor before you pay for any land, its an achievement to own a land in these part of the world but do what will give you peace both on short & long run.

Govt has no sides, there duty is to that which is best for all whether we like it or not
Re: Trademore Residents Protest Planned Demolition (Video, Photos) by Geometrix(m): 8:06pm On Jul 03, 2023
bigiyaro:
that place is a natural flood plain, there is no engineering solution to it.

what about diverting the water from the upland sources that is the adjourning estates or even depending the canal that pass through trademore?
The problem with that canal at trademore is that it is always filled with filt and you know Nigerians we are a kind of always reactive than being proactive.
Re: Trademore Residents Protest Planned Demolition (Video, Photos) by adebayo987: 8:31pm On Jul 03, 2023
MrNotAgain:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnbb1PKcaZ8

Source- https://punchng.com/just-in-trademore-residents-protest-planned-demolition/

Them go demolish am so far say na Abuja. The earlier they start relocating, the best for them.
Re: Trademore Residents Protest Planned Demolition (Video, Photos) by AfonjaPriest: 8:44pm On Jul 03, 2023
An unthinking and lazy government will always think of demolition to always attend to a problem such as the one before it. There are better ways of dealing with the issue. Engineering solution is the way out.
Re: Trademore Residents Protest Planned Demolition (Video, Photos) by Lebee4(m): 9:08pm On Jul 03, 2023
Base on my one-time knowledge of the entrance into Trademore Estate, that location remains the lowest point for accumulation of runoff water and it will be disastrous for people to remain there and ask for solution.

The developers, especially their Engineers, do not carry out a good survey work at that location before allocating those plots.

There should be penalty for the developers and the FCDA approval team.
Re: Trademore Residents Protest Planned Demolition (Video, Photos) by kingtokes(m): 11:24pm On Jul 03, 2023
Klington:
Why did all these demolition exercises not happen before the election if the govt is sincere??

Rise and Repeat.
when was the election date and when did the rain flooded the area
Re: Trademore Residents Protest Planned Demolition (Video, Photos) by Caseless: 1:42am On Jul 04, 2023
This is what our doctors do in hospital. If your leg has issue, they don't think of any better way to help you than to amputate you.

How can you demolish a place like this? Do they know how many families will be thrown out there? They're always quick to cause suffering, but can't provide succour.

This is a lesson to people who are quick to raise alarm by attacking authority - this is how they tell you to shut up. If they have a way of controlling the flood, let them do it and leave the government out of it. They gave approval for the building in the first place.
Re: Trademore Residents Protest Planned Demolition (Video, Photos) by Blitzking: 4:09am On Jul 04, 2023
One reason why it would be a disaster owning properties in a single estate..prefer spreading them make one man somewhere no wake up one morning destroying effort of a lifetime
Re: Trademore Residents Protest Planned Demolition (Video, Photos) by princenaira(m): 5:19am On Jul 04, 2023
GeneralPula:

Recall that the administration had declared the Estate a disaster zone, adding that the decision followed the “consistent and persistent” threat from flooding in the Estate, and urged residents to promptly evacuate.
You sound like somebody that can think outside the box. Let say you’re the government, what solution would you propose here?

Remember, it’s a flooded area. Flooding will also jeopardize the place sooner or later & it can even kill people residing their..

So what will you do?

Have you heard about drainage subway in engineering? The worst could happen is to let go few buildings along the line but not demolishing the entire estate. Even if the government will pay compensation, that will still amount to a financial disaster.
Re: Trademore Residents Protest Planned Demolition (Video, Photos) by Ameduedwin: 7:46am On Jul 04, 2023
Senseless govt, so govt can not chanel water or provide solution to it demolition?
Re: Trademore Residents Protest Planned Demolition (Video, Photos) by Abee79(m): 10:16am On Jul 04, 2023
Opanka44:
Why always demolishing people's properties?

Because some of the affected properties were built on waterways. And water will always find its way . . .
Re: Trademore Residents Protest Planned Demolition (Video, Photos) by Abee79(m): 10:17am On Jul 04, 2023
Opanka44:
Why always demolishing people's properties?

Because some of the affected properties were built on waterways, and water will always find its way . . .
Re: Trademore Residents Protest Planned Demolition (Video, Photos) by Opanka44(m): 10:37am On Jul 04, 2023
Abee79:

Because some of the affected properties were built on waterways, and water will always find its way . . .

Will they compensate the victims?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? / Important Bathroom Accessories You Need In A Nigerian Home / Architectural designs of Duplex and boungalow at Affordable Price 08096365063

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.