Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,417 members, 7,826,606 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

DEFENCE: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu Live Court Updates,4th July 2023. - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DEFENCE: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu Live Court Updates,4th July 2023. (29699 Views)

Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates / Tinubu Vs Peter Obi: 8th June 2023 Live Court Updates / 2ND JUNE 2023 ;Tinubu & Peter Obi Live Court Updates! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DEFENCE: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu Live Court Updates,4th July 2023. by DMerciful(m): 3:09pm On Jul 04, 2023
Most of the observers both local and international condemned the election.

The election was a fraud whether you accept it or not
Adexchelsea19:
Is EU the only election observer? What’s making you choose their report over others that have said the election was good? The last time I checked, ECOWAS gave their report and they praised the conduct of the election

2 Likes

Re: DEFENCE: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu Live Court Updates,4th July 2023. by casualobserver: 3:15pm On Jul 04, 2023
HIGHESTPOPORI:
If you are not daft,you would have known that Obi have already presented the EC8 form originally from Inec which apc and Inec were rejecting their own forms but the tribunal admitted it

If you had any brains you will realize they have concluded their case and did not specify which results they were contesting. All they talked about was irev but the Supreme Court said only a few months ago irev is irrelevant. Bringing boxes to court and. It saying anything about the contents of the boxes or how it affects your case means nothing….it’s just a show!

Shebi they have concluded their case? Did you hear where they said they won Lagos and this is the exhibit? Did you hear where they said they won Ekiti and this is the EC8 evidence? Did you hear where they said they won Bauchi or any other state and this are the EC8 forms to prove it? No they just brought boxes to court to excite their base and spent all their time calling expert witness from Amazon that is not qualified to speak on behalf of Amazon etc etc.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: DEFENCE: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu Live Court Updates,4th July 2023. by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 3:16pm On Jul 04, 2023
casualobserver:

If you had any brains you will realize they have concluded their case and did not specify which results they were contesting. All they talked about was irev but the Supreme Court said only a few months ago irev is irrelevant. Bringing boxes to court and. It saying anything about the contents of the boxes or how it affects your case means nothing….it’s just a show!
If you are not a fool,you would have known that LP have over 7 SANs handling their case and not a nobody ranting on nairaland.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: DEFENCE: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu Live Court Updates,4th July 2023. by casualobserver: 3:19pm On Jul 04, 2023
HIGHESTPOPORI:
If you are not a fool,you would have known that LP have over 7 SANs handling their case and not a nobody ranting on nairaland.

SAN no Dey lose case? The politicians that lost case no be SAN represent them? All the lawyers Atiku packed together in 2019, where they charge and bail lawyers? You people are daft!!!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: DEFENCE: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu Live Court Updates,4th July 2023. by ncoolsome(m): 3:19pm On Jul 04, 2023
casualobserver:

You claim you a National election, yet you cannot present lawyers from other tribes.

So one must now apply federal character in defending a case??hope when on a sick bed a doctor comes to save u,u wld ask his state or when being robbed u will ask the state of the police,why not go and use federal character at the fuel station...mtcheeeww

5 Likes

Re: DEFENCE: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu Live Court Updates,4th July 2023. by casualobserver: 3:20pm On Jul 04, 2023
ncoolsome:

So one must now apply federal character in defending a case??hope when on a sick bed a doctor comes to save u,u wld ask his state or when being robbed u will ask the state of the police,why not go and use federal character at the fuel station...mtcheeeww

No but it is a reflection of his entire campaign, he never had the widespread national support to win a national election.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: DEFENCE: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu Live Court Updates,4th July 2023. by ncoolsome(m): 3:25pm On Jul 04, 2023
casualobserver:

No but it is a reflection of his entire campaign, he never had the widespread national support to win a national election.

I strongly feel elections are won tactically in stronghold/populated registered voters and not necessarily widespread for instance Lagos and portharcourt if properly recorded would have helped Obi.

4 Likes

Re: DEFENCE: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu Live Court Updates,4th July 2023. by obailala(m): 3:40pm On Jul 04, 2023
casualobserver:

You claim you a National election, yet you cannot present lawyers from other tribes.
Such a lame attempt at derailing the argument! What's the relevance of the tribe of OBI's personal lawyers to the merits of the case?

If you dont want to support OBI cos of the tribe of his lawyers, feel free to support whoever you want; but stop irritating us with your myopic tribal reasoning.

By the way, if we all choose to be unfortunate by discussing tribe of lawyers, what do you have to say about Tinubu who 9 out his 12 man defense team are from the south west and the remaining 3 from the north?

2 Likes

Re: DEFENCE: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu Live Court Updates,4th July 2023. by obailala(m): 3:41pm On Jul 04, 2023
ncoolsome:

I think you should ask the fellow you quoted to show us the List of Tinubu/APC lawyers.
Re: DEFENCE: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu Live Court Updates,4th July 2023. by Bigchristo: 3:45pm On Jul 04, 2023
anonymous1759:

Empty words . I believe you’re a Christian . When it’s in your favor you’ll quote a “ a prophet is not appreciated in his land “ same applies to BAT losing your home state or winning it is not and will never be a criterion to win a national election it’s called national because your state of origin don’t really matter if you win or lose it just do justice in every sphere of the nation. American election is also surrounded with irregularities but a winner will always emerge that’s why a “standard compliance “ is used during election .
I am a Christian and I don’t use such biased statements in anything that concerns the unity of my country because we are mixed tribe and religion including ethnic groups i know fully well that the country belongs to all of us regardless or tribe, I don’t have an entitlement mentality if INEC conducts free and fair elections and allow the people to choose who govern them the world wouldn’t be raising eyebrows on the process, be sincere with yourself how many past presidents have lost their stronghold including their hometown in presidential elections and emerge winner? First you should be capable of winning your own states and strongholds which determine your popularity but yeah Tinubu lost both Osun and Lagos state including Abuja so who are those that voted for him? Alaye think rationally and stop allowing your religion and tribal sentiments over run your thinking? I am pretty sure you’re having a fair share from all the policies this government has made so far, how e be you? Dey play you hear

1 Like

Re: DEFENCE: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu Live Court Updates,4th July 2023. by iyke2frankeze: 3:49pm On Jul 04, 2023
On the first day of opening defence, INEC witnesses are absent? An evil man runs when no man is pursuing him or the amount of bribe promised to the witnesses are not yet paid in full.

1 Like

Re: DEFENCE: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu Live Court Updates,4th July 2023. by Baatunde(m): 4:03pm On Jul 04, 2023
I mentioned this point previously during the earlier proceedings that what was the purpose of the boxes of forms EC8 brought to court, is it to prove irregularities with the result declared by INEC or what? because I did not get the impression that the content of those boxes were actually tallied together on a separate sheets to explain to the judges why the result declared by INEC should not stand. Yes they were admitted as evidences, but to prove what?

I used the analogy of a lawyer saying " your lordship, this is a glove that was found at the murder scene, please accept as evidence" what does that prove to anyone but if it goes like this " your lordship, this is a glove that was found at the murder scene and which has the DNA of the accused" then that makes sense to anyone.

I think people are making assumptions that because the SANs have brought all these boxes to court, then it must be something tangible, but we don't need to be SANs to ask the question " what is the relevance of all the boxes of EC8 forms to proving irregularities in the election result?". Don't forget that Lawyers are good at making you think you have a case when you have nada

casualobserver:

Shebi they have concluded their case? Did you hear where they said they won Lagos and this is the exhibit? Did you hear where they said they won Ekiti and this is the EC8 evidence? Did you hear where they said they won Bauchi or any other state and this are the EC8 forms to prove it? No they just brought boxes to court to excite their base and spent all their time calling expert witness from Amazon that is not qualified to speak on behalf of Amazon etc etc.

1 Like

Re: DEFENCE: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu Live Court Updates,4th July 2023. by jeff1993: 4:04pm On Jul 04, 2023
Think9ja:
Why this Peter Obi guy mumu like this?
You get 3rd position for something, but you say na you get first.

Even if them rerun this election a billion times, that mumu man go still come 3rd.

The foolish Dumbo cannot come first or second in an election where Tinubu and Atiku are contesting. It doesn't work like that anywhere in the world.
These guys have been playing this game at the highest level for 30+ years. Suddenly, one Onitsha main market trader whom Ojukwu imposed on his people thinks he's politically sagacious enough to outsmart them.

The greatest thing that happened to Nigeria this first six months was the fact that this empty man came 3rd.

Very empty, useless, lying cretin

PS; 29 mentions?
Thunder fire Obi, Ellu P, his supporters and everybody/thing related to him.
BAT till infinity

Una go cry blood

Useless fools

May this Tinubu tenure useless u and ir family for good
Re: DEFENCE: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu Live Court Updates,4th July 2023. by Loonyy(m): 4:04pm On Jul 04, 2023
Think9ja:

Even if them rerun this election a billion times, that mumu man go still come 3rd.

The foolish Dumbo cannot come first or second in an election where Tinubu and Atiku are contesting. It doesn't work like that anywhere in the world.
These guys have been playing this game at the highest level for 30+ years. Suddenly, one Onitsha main market trader whom Ojukwu imposed on his people thinks he's politically sagacious enough to outsmart them.

The greatest thing that happened to Nigeria this first six months was the fact that this empty man came 3rd.

PS; 29 mentions?
BAT till infinity

Una go cry blood

Useless fools

Receive Sense IJN

When Mahmood was Shouting go to court
U were probably busy drinking Agbo from Iyabashiru
Re: DEFENCE: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu Live Court Updates,4th July 2023. by casualobserver: 4:11pm On Jul 04, 2023
ncoolsome:

I strongly feel elections are won tactically in stronghold/populated registered voters and not necessarily widespread for instance Lagos and portharcourt if properly recorded would have helped Obi.

If you add all of Lagos and Rivers votes to Obi he would still have lost.

I made a post about this before the elections. I will try and find it and post again. You cannot win a national election in Nigeria without geographical spread, our electoral system was designed that way so that no tribe dominates another. Even th north will it’s numbers has never won an election without an alliance with the south.

Spread is the key to winning presidential elections in Nigeria.it’s a marathon not a sprint, you don’t even need to win any state to become president. If you have enough geographical spread to come 2nd in enough states and your opponents are regional wonders you can defeat them. Obi swept SE, a few states in SS and his momentum faded. Outside those zones he barely had 2 or 3 states where he got 10%. Whereas Tinubu was coming 1st of second in most states, in the states he lost he got 30%, 40% etc and that’s why he won.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: DEFENCE: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu Live Court Updates,4th July 2023. by casualobserver: 4:20pm On Jul 04, 2023
obailala:
Such a lame attempt at derailing the argument! What's the relevance of the tribe of OBI's personal lawyers to the merits of the case?

If you dont want to support OBI cos of the tribe of his lawyers, feel free to support whoever you want; but stop irritating us with your myopic tribal reasoning.

By the way, if we all choose to be unfortunate by discussing tribe of lawyers, what do you have to say about Tinubu who 9 out his 12 man defense team are from the south west and the remaining 3 from the north?

I made the post, so it is not for you to determine what my argument is. I stated clearly all your lawyers are ibos. There are non yorubas on the list your posted.

In any event I am not engaging you further. The obi candidacy was an ethnic agenda and it has died an ethnic death like all ethnic presidential candidates in the history of Nigeria. No one has ever bec9me president of Nigeria without alliances outside his region with forces that matter. Not by pick8ng one nitwit Mauritanian nobody with no political base value or extinct 90 yr old ethnic leaders seeking their last public relevance before they die. Or thinking you can use religion to hoodwink people who in their existence have never cared about religion.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: DEFENCE: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu Live Court Updates,4th July 2023. by chidiokay: 4:27pm On Jul 04, 2023
DMerciful:
Party agents can be compromised besides Mahmmud never listened to party agents when they were protesting. IREV ensures transparency and also ensures everyone can view it making it impossible to alter the results once uploaded.

Why are you still stuck in manual when things are being digitized? That's because you have intention for fraud knowing your candidate cannot win a truly transparent election

The Purpose of the IREV was not for the collation process or for collation of results,

The IREV was design as a verification centre for electorates to check & verify result posted at the polling units matches what was announced at our respective polling units,

The presidential election is 4months gone, so far how many electorates have come out to juxtapose altered result with evidences, both atiku & obi failed to bring witness/electorates that can show evidences of what they recorded and the lies they found on irev
kate henshaw, psquare, Mr macaroni,charly boy and most of us on NL have checked our polling units on the IREV portal ...nobody is talking becos the result matched trust me.

I challenge any Obedient to show us how his/her polling unit was altered, alot of youths did video recording at the polling units, tell us what you recorded is not what yu saw on IREV.
my polling unit results & irev matched

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: DEFENCE: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu Live Court Updates,4th July 2023. by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 4:41pm On Jul 04, 2023
casualobserver:

SAN no Dey lose case? The politicians that lost case no be SAN represent them? All the lawyers Atiku packed together in 2019, where they charge and bail lawyers? You people are daft!!!!!
If you are not daft you would know Onyechi Ikpeazu has not lost a case

1 Like

Re: DEFENCE: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu Live Court Updates,4th July 2023. by Baatunde(m): 4:42pm On Jul 04, 2023
YEs you will bring the form EC8A to a competent court and use it to POINT to the irregularity in the result declared and not just to dump your boxes of forms in the court and assume the judge will sort it out for you. The onus of proof is on the lawyers for LP and Mr Obi to use those forms to prove their case and if you think they did, perhaps can explain to us how, citing just one example...

DMerciful:
So if your party agents has the form EC8A that shows your votes as announced by INEC is not correct, where will you bring your forms EC8As to?

1 Like

Re: DEFENCE: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu Live Court Updates,4th July 2023. by Baatunde(m): 4:44pm On Jul 04, 2023
"there is always a first time" ... just like some people said a sitting president has never been unseated in Nigeria and others would say.... there is always a first time

HIGHESTPOPORI:
Re: DEFENCE: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu Live Court Updates,4th July 2023. by Geometrix(m): 4:53pm On Jul 04, 2023
You seem to appear intelligent but I want to ask ,is it because you didn't see from the proceedings at the court where for instance where the petitioners tried proving they won Lagos with x amount of votes citing the Ec8 form that they didn't present such before the tribunal?
casualobserver:

Re: DEFENCE: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu Live Court Updates,4th July 2023. by casualobserver: 4:55pm On Jul 04, 2023
HIGHESTPOPORI:

In the history of Nigerian elections no case is more clear cut than this one. I am aware of ikpeazu’s legal record but just like most ibos when it comes to tribe they make fools of themselves. Unfortunately Ikpeazu has allowed tribal sentiment to allow him to engage in a case that will smash his previously stellar track record. A lawyer cannot be sentimental, once you are driven by sentiment you lose the ability to think right.

So my response to you is if you are not daft, you would know that because you have not lost a case does not mean you will not lose your next case. Also has he really never lost a case? A lot of these urban myths are nothing but lies. I don’t know how you can be a lawyer for so long and not lose a case. It is impossible.

4 Likes

Re: DEFENCE: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu Live Court Updates,4th July 2023. by anonymous1759(m): 4:56pm On Jul 04, 2023
Bigchristo:
I am a Christian and I don’t use such biased statements in anything that concerns the unity of my country because we are mixed tribe and religion including ethnic groups i know fully well that the country belongs to all of us regardless or tribe, I don’t have an entitlement mentality if INEC conducts free and fair elections and allow the people to choose who govern them the world wouldn’t be raising eyebrows on the process, be sincere with yourself how many past presidents have lost their stronghold including their hometown in presidential elections and emerge winner? First you should be capable of winning your own states and strongholds which determine your popularity but yeah Tinubu lost both Osun and Lagos state including Abuja so who are those that voted for him? Alaye think rationally and stop allowing your religion and tribal sentiments over run your thinking? I am pretty sure you’re having a fair share from all the policies this government has made so far, how e be you? Dey play you hear

Your words are full of Emotions. As a street boy with Oti. Blood is no longer thicker than water is loyalty. Your family fit chop your eyes while stranger fit help you . Your analysis is flawed.
Re: DEFENCE: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu Live Court Updates,4th July 2023. by obailala(m): 4:56pm On Jul 04, 2023
casualobserver:

I made the post, so it is not for you to determine what my argument is. I stated clearly all your lawyers are ibos. There are non yorubas on the list your posted.

In any event I am not engaging you further. The obi candidacy was an ethnic agenda and it has died an ethnic death like all ethnic presidential candidates in the history of Nigeria. No one has ever bec9me president of Nigeria without alliances outside his region with forces that matter. Not by pick8ng one nitwit Mauritanian nobody with no political base value or extinct 90 yr old ethnic leaders seeking their last public relevance before they die. Or thinking you can use religion to hoodwink people who in their existence have never cared about religion.
So because you deliberately chose to be blind to the Yoruba names in the list of LP lawyers, it automatically means "all LP lawyers are Igbo"?... Fake news is created by fools and believed (sometimes innocently) by people ignorant of the facts. But after a fake story has been debunked with evidence, it takes a chronically foolish person to still insist on believing and spreading it. You're actually dumber than I thought for still insisting on this pointless "Obi's lawyers are all Igbo" argument.
https://dubawa.org/peter-obis-legal-team-members-not-only-igbos-as-claimed-by-twitter-users/

Yes OBI's legal team is made up of majority Igbos, but there are clearly lawyers and SANs from other regions in that team, including Yorubas. Not as if it matters but if you want to lose sleep over the tribal make-up of Obi's personal lawyers, how come you've deliberately and dubiously blinded yourself to see a similar (and even worse scenario) in Tinubu's legal team where 9 (out of 12) are Yorubas and the remaining 3 are northerners?

2 Likes

Re: DEFENCE: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu Live Court Updates,4th July 2023. by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 4:56pm On Jul 04, 2023
casualobserver:

In the history of Nigerian elections no case is more clear cut than this one. I am aware of ikpeazu’s legal record but just like most ibos when it comes to tribe they make fools of themselves. Unfortunately Ikpeazu has allowed tribal sentiment to allow him to engage in a case that will smash his previously stellar track record. A lawyer cannot be sentimental, once you are driven by sentiment you lose the ability to think right.

So my response to you is if you are not daft, you would know that because you have not lost a case does not mean you will not lose your next case. Also has he really never lost a case? A lot of these urban myths are nothing but lies. I don’t know how you can be a lawyer for so long and not lose a case. It is impossible.
Keep crying

1 Like

Re: DEFENCE: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu Live Court Updates,4th July 2023. by casualobserver: 4:56pm On Jul 04, 2023
Geometrix:
You seem to appear intelligent but I want to ask ,is it because you didn't see from the proceedings at the court where for instance where the petitioners tried proving they won Lagos with x amount of votes citing the Ec8 form that they didn't present such before the tribunal?

Speak English properly first so we know what you are asking and what to answer.

3 Likes

Re: DEFENCE: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu Live Court Updates,4th July 2023. by KingExalted: 5:02pm On Jul 04, 2023
[url] Why this Peter Obi guy mumu like this?

PS; 29 mentions?
BAT till infinity

Una go cry blood

Useless fools

[b]
A human being is bitter this way. Terrible disease 🤢
Re: DEFENCE: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu Live Court Updates,4th July 2023. by descarado: 5:03pm On Jul 04, 2023
obailala:

I thought you were supporting yinubu after sitting on the fence for a while before the election.
What changed your mind?
Care to share?
Re: DEFENCE: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu Live Court Updates,4th July 2023. by obailala(m): 5:26pm On Jul 04, 2023
descarado:

I thought you were supporting yinubu after sitting on the fence for a while before the election.
What changed your mind?
Care to share?
I never supported Tinubu to be a president. Wouldn never have done that with a clean candidate like OBI on the ballot.

2 Likes

Re: DEFENCE: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu Live Court Updates,4th July 2023. by Karnice600: 5:33pm On Jul 04, 2023
LadyRosa2:
Evil lives here! grin

The mod banning the op no go die well. cheesy

Seun Osewa’s bigotry can be perceived here. His choice of moderators is appalling.

1 Like

Re: DEFENCE: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu Live Court Updates,4th July 2023. by descarado: 5:39pm On Jul 04, 2023
obailala:
I never supported Tinubu to be a president. Wouldn never have done that with a clean candidate like OBI on the ballot.
I got a wrong signal then.
Pardon me.
Re: DEFENCE: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu Live Court Updates,4th July 2023. by Kcdojoto(m): 5:39pm On Jul 04, 2023
Think9ja:

PS; 29 mentions?
BAT till infinity

Una go cry blood

Useless fools
Thunder fire you fire bat

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Who Is The Greatest Nigerian Ever? / Triplets: Ragnar, Aiden And Liam Femi Fani-Kayode New Photos / Cracks In NBA As Splinter Group Form NNBA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.