Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,213 members, 7,836,029 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:25 PM

Onitsha-Owerri Road Caves In - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Onitsha-Owerri Road Caves In (34024 Views)

Drone Picture Of Aba-owerri Road Showing How Neat Aba Has Become Recently / Onitsha-Owerri Federal Highway Bows To The Force Of Erosion (Photos, Video) / Erosion Cuts Off Onitsha-Owerri Road (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onitsha-Owerri Road Caves In by halaqasa: 4:10pm On Jul 04, 2023
South East

1 Like

Re: Onitsha-Owerri Road Caves In by Successlane: 4:10pm On Jul 04, 2023
mmm
Re: Onitsha-Owerri Road Caves In by bigdammyj: 4:10pm On Jul 04, 2023
Noted.
Re: Onitsha-Owerri Road Caves In by Sirchiboy: 4:10pm On Jul 04, 2023
Re: Onitsha-Owerri Road Caves In by WHITELIGHTER: 4:12pm On Jul 04, 2023
MatrixReloaded:
Federal government is not liable rather state govt should speed up investigation team to further reveal how to work in collaboration with feds to tackle this erosion menace ravaging these communities sharing land boundaries with federal government

Can u listen to yourself? Is it a local govt road? Sometimes you guys talk anyhow just because Ur party is in power, you wanna romance all the ills of your party, so shameful
Re: Onitsha-Owerri Road Caves In by OnGod5686: 4:12pm On Jul 04, 2023
This will favour me and my family😂😂
Re: Onitsha-Owerri Road Caves In by jmoore(m): 4:15pm On Jul 04, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Igbo have a small population (from the official data released by NIN INEC, NCC, JAMB etc),
You sabi yarn dust.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha-Owerri Road Caves In by seunjungle1(m): 4:15pm On Jul 04, 2023
No wonder dem plenty for Lagos like kilode...their soil is not strong, cannot carry heavy plant.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Onitsha-Owerri Road Caves In by basilo102: 4:17pm On Jul 04, 2023
DevilsEqual:

Same thing applies
We cant keep waiting for FG when theres an accident risk for every journey taken around that route

Like i said SS isnt like every where else in Nigeria
That's how you people said that Anambra should build second Niger bridge. Nonesense. Make them leave am, na abokki trailer go fall inside
Re: Onitsha-Owerri Road Caves In by Cassandraloius: 4:17pm On Jul 04, 2023
Omo na pure death trap be this o.
Re: Onitsha-Owerri Road Caves In by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jul 04, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Avoid using that axis, safety first. I don't understand why that place is not cordoned off, those people standing there to take pictures are in danger nah.

The people know the solution to this problem but will never take and execute the solution measures.

Force people to move to the large swathe of unoccupied agrarian land all over the south East. The beautiful natural greenery and unoccupied area is so much that South East is almost green from Google satellite pictures!

You have a small land mass and small population yet most of this same small land mass is unoccupied, you then cluster in few places putting strain on that area because of massive deforestation and uncontrolled erection of buildings which late block flood ways during rains. That's a recipe for avoidable environmental disaster.

Igbo have a small population (from the official data released by NIN INEC, NCC, JAMB etc), Igbo people can just spread out more in the small yet oversized land mass so deforestation will be less and govt can incentivise those who do that.

This is man made problem imposed on nature. Spread out, even your small land mass still outsize your population by several times. Protect your environment and the future of unborn children today.

Knowing you and your penchant for tribal incitements, I very well know you didn't put up this thread out of concern for the plight of the citizens of the affected region.

You always look for, and relish every opportunity to tongue-lash or outrightly deride the Igbos. And the earlier you align along more tolerable lines of coexistence, the better for you.

3 Likes

Re: Onitsha-Owerri Road Caves In by DaddyCoool: 4:21pm On Jul 04, 2023
basilo102:

Politics is local.

Meaning what EXACTLY??
Just thoughtlessly repeating a popular MEANINGLESS aphorism you read
Re: Onitsha-Owerri Road Caves In by CarlosTheJackal: 4:22pm On Jul 04, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Avoid using that axis, safety first. I don't understand why that place is not cordoned off, those people standing there to take pictures are in danger nah.

The people know the solution to this problem but will never take and execute the solution measures.

Force people to move to the large swathe of unoccupied agrarian land all over the south East. The beautiful natural greenery and unoccupied area is so much that South East is almost green from Google satellite pictures!

You have a small land mass and small population yet most of this same small land mass is unoccupied, you then cluster in few places putting strain on that area because of massive deforestation and uncontrolled erection of buildings which late block flood ways during rains. That's a recipe for avoidable environmental disaster.

Igbo have a small population (from the official data released by NIN INEC, NCC, JAMB etc), Igbo people can just spread out more in the small yet oversized land mass so deforestation will be less and govt can incentivise those who do that.

This is man made problem imposed on nature. Spread out, even your small land mass still outsize your population by several times. Protect your environment and the future of unborn children today.
You typed a long gibberish.
Re: Onitsha-Owerri Road Caves In by gabbytabby: 4:22pm On Jul 04, 2023
Some people do not know how to build just to destroy may God continue to protect his people

slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

What this country needs is revolution
But of course revolution can not start because of tribalism

Benin-Lokoja Road is cut off already
Re: Onitsha-Owerri Road Caves In by Georgejeez: 4:29pm On Jul 04, 2023
This gully erosion will favour me and my family grin grin grin
Re: Onitsha-Owerri Road Caves In by Anambra1stS0n: 4:33pm On Jul 04, 2023

Re: Onitsha-Owerri Road Caves In by DevilsEqual(m): 4:34pm On Jul 04, 2023
basilo102:

That's how you people said that Anambra should build second Niger bridge. Nonesense. Make them leave am, na abokki trailer go fall inside

You even wish others death...Omo, even all the supposed tribal bigots here ave only been mocking the situation, none has wished anyone death

Abeg, you're worst than them all...no quote me again
Bye
Re: Onitsha-Owerri Road Caves In by Anambra1stS0n: 4:35pm On Jul 04, 2023
rowosky:

Gully erosion
Lagos is suffering from sinking city and Erosion

Re: Onitsha-Owerri Road Caves In by Terrahawk: 4:38pm On Jul 04, 2023
Chai!!!. So this is what eastern development looks like?. Omo
Re: Onitsha-Owerri Road Caves In by saintrow1: 4:39pm On Jul 04, 2023
loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool
typical SE grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Onitsha-Owerri Road Caves In by nzeobi(m): 4:41pm On Jul 04, 2023
Solsix:

I used to belive that soludo will not get a second tenure, but am not sure of that anymore after APGA won majority in house of assembly election

Apga only won in rural areas, bulk of city centres with Large voting strength went to lp though anything could still happen
Re: Onitsha-Owerri Road Caves In by BantuCanon: 4:44pm On Jul 04, 2023
This is bas
Re: Onitsha-Owerri Road Caves In by SpaceTour: 4:45pm On Jul 04, 2023
Basil nwa nsukka stop talking about Soludo at least he is better than the clueless mandate thief in your backward Enugu state. Soludo has awarded more ongoing roads projects in the history of SE. Continue your fights but stop spewing nonsense

basilo102:

We have told you that Soludo is a clueless one tenure governor. Meanwhile what is good for Anambra is also good for Ogun
Re: Onitsha-Owerri Road Caves In by Anambra1stS0n: 4:46pm On Jul 04, 2023
Terrahawk:
Chai!!!. So this is what eastern development looks like?. Omo
Can you mention one state in Nigeria without erosion

Re: Onitsha-Owerri Road Caves In by OmoFiditi: 4:56pm On Jul 04, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/07/onitsha-owerri-road-caves-in/

Empty epistle from a Muslim agbadorian. Erosion is a natural disaster and worse even happens in Japan.

Go and solve the problem of open defecation epidemic in brown roof Ibadan first, which is a man-made problem.. I bet you pooped in a nylon-bag and flinged it on your neighbour's roof in Molete this morning. grin
Re: Onitsha-Owerri Road Caves In by Abolodje: 4:57pm On Jul 04, 2023
Re: Onitsha-Owerri Road Caves In by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 5:04pm On Jul 04, 2023
Oba is not prone to erosion.. this is my town
Re: Onitsha-Owerri Road Caves In by Nobleou(m): 5:12pm On Jul 04, 2023
Our government is not serious to help the masses
Re: Onitsha-Owerri Road Caves In by MrrKay(m): 5:25pm On Jul 04, 2023
Blacks oooo
Africans ooo
Nigerians ehhhh

Una no de fear?
See as people still de stand within that area.
Haba
Re: Onitsha-Owerri Road Caves In by themanderon: 5:26pm On Jul 04, 2023
See the foolishness of my fellow citizens. Did they have to be that close to the gully? Some might even be there snapping pictures ignorant that the ground they are standing on can also cave.

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha-Owerri Road Caves In by Bfly: 5:34pm On Jul 04, 2023
How i wish most Nigerian building structures could be collapsed and rebuilt. The town planning department has really failed. Aside some cities most houses in Nigeria were built withou foresight
Re: Onitsha-Owerri Road Caves In by porthouse7(f): 5:34pm On Jul 04, 2023
They always escape to lagos

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Who Lost His Leg And Arm In An Accident Reveals Why He Is Happy. Photos / Akwa Ibom Government Acquires Two New Aircraft For Ibom Air / Groomsman Dies In Accident Involving Newly Married Couple In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.