Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,964 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:28 AM

UK Is Getting More And More Dangerous For Black People As The Days Go By..... - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Is Getting More And More Dangerous For Black People As The Days Go By..... (45041 Views)

Cost Of Living In The UK Is 9 Times What It Is In Nigeria / Is Port Harcourt More Dangerous Than Lagos, Nigeria? (video) / The Strid At Bolton Abbey In UK Is One Of The World Most Dangerous Places (Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Is Getting More And More Dangerous For Black People As The Days Go By..... by InvertedHammer: 12:39pm On Jul 06, 2023
/
Black people can't get a break.

In their homeland Africa, they barely exist considering all indices of good life.

In UK/US, the Whites can barely stand them. However, they are even safer among Whites than fellow Blacks.
In US, it has turned to a hunting game with black males "spinning" the block looking for fellow black males to murder over some stupid online beef.

It gets worse. Get them together, they only dig to find things that separate them but never things that unite them. It must be strife all the time.

/

2 Likes

Re: UK Is Getting More And More Dangerous For Black People As The Days Go By..... by pocohantas(f): 12:41pm On Jul 06, 2023
1Sharon:
And people were swearing up and down that an ex-boyfriend was behind it

They always love to pin women's misfortune to their choice of men. Rather than focus on the crime itself.

1 Like

Re: UK Is Getting More And More Dangerous For Black People As The Days Go By..... by Chetas81(m): 12:41pm On Jul 06, 2023
Zupay:
Is Africa safer for black people?
bad citizen can't build a great nation,I don't know if you are black African or not
Re: UK Is Getting More And More Dangerous For Black People As The Days Go By..... by dominique(f): 12:41pm On Jul 06, 2023
These UK based Nigerians just love discouraging their fellow compatriots form joining them in the UK. Why?

The sources this mischievous op got this article says nothing about UK being unsafe for black people, he totally made it up. Because of one random act of violence, he decided to generalize that the UK is unsafe for blacks in a subtle way of discouraging his people from coming over. Canadian and American based Nigerians are also like this. It begs the question, why are diasporans like this? I need to do a topic on this, hopefully I'll get answers.
Re: UK Is Getting More And More Dangerous For Black People As The Days Go By..... by MS247: 12:46pm On Jul 06, 2023
kkins25:
You mean after they are killed right? smh
English isn't that hard nau... Ain't you supposed to atleast understand English to be on the internet

Can killed people be protected by Allah
Re: UK Is Getting More And More Dangerous For Black People As The Days Go By..... by Flamemignon1(m): 12:49pm On Jul 06, 2023
YungMillionaire:
The Europeans and the Arabs have destroyed Africa. Forcing many Africans to seek greener pastures outside of the continent.
And who assisted in that destruction if it weren't for your greedy and corrupt leaders? Blame the ones home first

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK Is Getting More And More Dangerous For Black People As The Days Go By..... by ShenTeh(m): 12:51pm On Jul 06, 2023
As is the case in Nigeria, while there are hundreds, possibly thousands who are struggling in the UK, there are other thousands who are doing very well. Is that not true for humans everywhere in the world?

Some people are in the UK with too high expectations, some others the pressure is from irrational expectations from family and friends in Naija. Conversely, some also set too low expectations for themselves thereby handing themselves the short end of the gun.

More importantly, working under pressure from wrong or inadequate information while in the UK is the single most prominent reason why people find themselves in a fix in the UK, in my opinion. Please if you are going to, or are already in the UK, please get guidance from people you want to be like, Stick with the plan but be flexible; be willing and open to unlearn learn and discern.

Good luck.
Re: UK Is Getting More And More Dangerous For Black People As The Days Go By..... by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 12:52pm On Jul 06, 2023
shegzhkn:

She's black and would have considered a prosperous dominant society but black man is incapable of developing one. I am pretty sure her reason in the UK has to do with opportunity .
The perpetrator was caught and prosecuted within a short frame of time! He got life sentence.

In Nigeria, perpetrators of violent acts such as these are never caught! U see them walking majestically on the streets

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Is Getting More And More Dangerous For Black People As The Days Go By..... by Dshocker(m): 12:55pm On Jul 06, 2023
The UK is even better, places like the United States is more scarier.

1 Like

Re: UK Is Getting More And More Dangerous For Black People As The Days Go By..... by Treadway: 1:00pm On Jul 06, 2023
VeeVeeMyLuv:

The perpetrator was caught and prosecuted within a short frame of time! He got life sentence.

In Nigeria, perpetrators of violent acts such as these are never caught! U see them walking majestically on the streets
the bolded is true and very heartbreaking. I always say who don die don die,but at least let there be justice or some semblance of it, which is why I always advise people to be circumspect and try to toe the line of safety and self-preservation as much as you possibly can. No dey follow person dey involved in altercation wey go rish 'i go kill you' level. No join any useless protest. If you die here, you die for nothing ni o. If you don't believe me, ask NPF wey charge Deborah killers with civil disturbance instead of murder. Those animals killed someone on video and are walking free today simply because they are northern animals.

1 Like

Re: UK Is Getting More And More Dangerous For Black People As The Days Go By..... by Farid24224(m): 1:01pm On Jul 06, 2023
Allah ya jikan su, yasa sun huta lafiya...
Re: UK Is Getting More And More Dangerous For Black People As The Days Go By..... by Exceed15: 1:03pm On Jul 06, 2023
I do not admire UK a bit. My friends there are always lamenting.
Re: UK Is Getting More And More Dangerous For Black People As The Days Go By..... by Farid24224(m): 1:06pm On Jul 06, 2023
Exceed15:
I do not admire UK a bit. My friends there are always lamenting.

About what oooo Abeg... My sister is planning to move there..
Re: UK Is Getting More And More Dangerous For Black People As The Days Go By..... by eteebanky1: 1:12pm On Jul 06, 2023
babzo:
We Nigerians can be very funny. So an evil man kills his neighbor over neighbor issues? Doesn't that happen every where in the world?

Don't neighbors kill themselves in Nigeria? As in Yoruba killing Yoruba?.Igbo killing Igbo? Ijaw killing Ijaw? Kanuri killing Kanuri?

What has racism got to do with it?

Even husbands and wives and siblings kill themselves over minor arguments.

I don't know why black people always play the victim card, anytime a white touch them whereas in your own dominant country, your countrymen are busy killing themselves without any justice

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Is Getting More And More Dangerous For Black People As The Days Go By..... by RaptorX: 1:13pm On Jul 06, 2023
Re: UK Is Getting More And More Dangerous For Black People As The Days Go By..... by Chosimba: 1:24pm On Jul 06, 2023
Ilekokonit:
UK is getting more and more dangerous for black people as the days go by....

If you live in the UK and you can afford the high rent, please stay in areas like London as you are bound to have a sizeable proportion of your neighbors being black, mixed race or ethnic minority although na only God dey save person for this ultra dangerous times where racism, xenophobia etc seems to be on the rise.

I'm wondering how the racist UK Daily Mail newspaper will explain the below apparently racist murder of this African woman and her 2 young daughters by a white neighbor setting fire to their flat at night just because he is irritated by them putting bags of rubbish in a communal alleyway shared by all residents of the block of flats.

UK Man found guilty of murdering mum and her 2 daughters by pouring petrol through their letterbox and setting their flat on fire at night.

By Dan Martin
BBC News - 04 July 2023

A man who killed his neighbour and her two daughters by setting their flat on fire has been found guilty of murder.

Fatoumatta Hydara, 28, died along with Fatimah and Naeemah Drammeh, aged three and one, after their home in Clifton, Nottingham , was set alight in November.

Jamie Barrow, 31, had admitted their manslaughter at Nottingham Crown Court but denied three counts of murder.

On Tuesday a jury found him guilty of the more serious charges.

The trial heard Barrow had poured petrol through the letterbox of the family's Fairisle Close flat in the early hours of 20 November and set it alight.

Jurors were told he was unhappy about bags of rubbish being left in an alleyway behind where he and the victims lived but police said no clear motive had been established.

Prosecutors said Barrow knew the flat's front door was the only way in and out when he set the fire.

He had claimed he thought the property was empty but the court was told he did nothing when he heard screams.

Ms Hydara and her daughters died from smoke inhalation.

Man found guilty of murdering mother and two children in flat fire
Callum Parke, Yahoo News
Tue, 4 July 2023 at 12:02 pm BST

A man who killed a mother and two children by setting their flat on fire has been found guilty of their murders.

Jamie Barrow torched the flat belonging to Fatoumatta Hydara, and daughters Fatimah Drammeh and Naeemah Drammeh in Clifton, Nottingham, last November by pouring petrol through their letterbox.

Prosecutors told a trial at Nottingham Crown Court that Barrow, who lived in the neighbouring flat in Fairisle Close, had a “grievance” over rubbish being left in an alleyway and watched the fire take hold while ignoring screams coming from inside.

Fatimah, three, and Naeemah, one, both died in the blaze on November 20 last year and Mrs Hydara, 28, died two days later, with all three succumbing to smoke inhalation.

Barrow, 31, had already admitted manslaughter but a jury of seven men and four women unanimously convicted him of murder on Tuesday after almost seven hours of deliberations.

He was also found guilty of arson being reckless as to whether life was endangered.

The court heard Jamie Barrow had a “grievance” over rubbish left in an alleyway

Some members of the victims’ family, to whom Barrow apologised while giving evidence and who have packed the public gallery throughout proceedings, wept after the verdicts were delivered. Barrow remained silent throughout.

In the trial, which started on June 12, prosecutor Simon Ash KC told jurors that Barrow had “walked casually away” from the fire after lighting petrol taken from his motorbike and set alight with tissue paper in the early hours of the morning.

The defendant, who admitted he had drank “seven or eight” cans of San Miguel lager before starting the fire, would have known that his victims were home due to a pram being left outside the door and a light coming from the hallway, Mr Ash said.

He added that after the fire took hold, Barrow “did nothing to help” those trapped inside the first-floor flat.

While giving his evidence, Barrow said he “can’t explain” why he chose to target the neighbouring flat but had formed the opinion that no one was inside as he had not seen or heard his neighbours in the days leading up to the fire.

He had been suffering from a “very, very low mood” and was “wallowing in self-pity” in the days and hours before his actions, caused partially by his emotionally unstable personality disorder.

He told the court he did not expect the fire to take hold as rapidly as it did and said he was driven to admit what he had done to police officers due to “an immense amount of guilt”, telling police: “I need to tell you something about the fire next door.”

The jury heard that Barrow found starting fires “cathartic” and gave “zero” consideration to the consequences of his actions, rejecting his assertion that he had not intended to harm anyone when starting the fatal blaze.

Thanking the jury for their service, Mrs Justice Tipples said: “This has been a particularly distressing case in which three people died and in those circumstances I am going to discharge you from jury service for life.”

Barrow will be sentenced on Friday at the same court.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/man-found-guilty-murdering-mother-110230686.html

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-65988132

ONE report now makes the UK more unsafe for black people. One?!!

Do you know how many people have been kidnapped and killed in Uturu, Ihube, Abe environs in the past two years?!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Is Getting More And More Dangerous For Black People As The Days Go By..... by nathyx(m): 1:34pm On Jul 06, 2023
Stay in your country and develop your country not by going about Littering the entire street with waste as if you're still in Nigeria. Rest in peace to the dead

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK Is Getting More And More Dangerous For Black People As The Days Go By..... by Onewazobia(m): 1:45pm On Jul 06, 2023
NutritionGuru:
Good News for all Nigerians! At least for once, let's celebrate Good News. Like this below if bad news don tire you tey tey.

Source?
Re: UK Is Getting More And More Dangerous For Black People As The Days Go By..... by Kennydoc(m): 1:48pm On Jul 06, 2023
Ilekokonit:
Too many disturbed people in the UK

The triple murderer Jamie Barrow, 31, was captured on police bodycam footage grinning shortly after he started the fire that killed the mother and her two daughters.

Barrow who just murdered his neighbour and her two young children was caught on police bodycam footage grinning at the cops and asking "how bad is it?" just minutes later.

Earlier in the day he drank aroung 8 cans of beer and later that night hours before he set fire to his neighbours flat, he started self harming by cutting his arm with a sharp object and sending the pictures of his cut arm to his friends.

In a psychiatric report read out in court, Mr Barrow said: "Fire has always helped him with stress. It has always been cathartic - i.e. seeing a fire take hold provides psychological relief to him and when the fire goes up, it always gives him a sense of release. The more the fire goes on, the more mesmerised he gets.

Living in the UK is getting more and more unnerving and disturbing.

Abi person no go Japa go back Nigeria now sef ?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-65966682
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/moment-killer-who-burned-mum-30386984

I really doubt if you live in the UK, for you to quote this as evidence of black people suffering in the UK.
The life of a black person is 10 times safer in the UK than even in Abuja.

How often are scores of people murdered in their homes and communities by armed bandits in Nigeria and yet nothing happens. Tell me how many locations in Nigeria where you can be moving around by 1am and feel safe.

Abeg, comot. You absolutely have no knowledge of what you're talking about. There are psychopaths in the UK but there are many more in Nigeria.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Is Getting More And More Dangerous For Black People As The Days Go By..... by Vikynas: 1:50pm On Jul 06, 2023
Stop discouraging people no place is 100% safe UK is becoming more dangerous for black but you are there with your whole family

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK Is Getting More And More Dangerous For Black People As The Days Go By..... by omooba969(m): 1:53pm On Jul 06, 2023
YungMillionaire:
The Europeans and the Arabs have destroyed Africa. Forcing many Africans to seek greener pastures outside of the continent.

Continue the blame game, keep blaming the Europeans and the Arabs for your African stupidity.

Nonsense and Buhari

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Is Getting More And More Dangerous For Black People As The Days Go By..... by omooba969(m): 1:56pm On Jul 06, 2023
Ruskov:
UK
Belgium
France

I don't consider these places where sane people should live. The hate for black people in these areas are second to none.

Compare the hate in those three countries to the hate in Africa and please do feedback.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK Is Getting More And More Dangerous For Black People As The Days Go By..... by PerfectStranger(m): 1:58pm On Jul 06, 2023
PureFace1:

Everything doesn't revolve around luxury or money

You mean it is better to die in UK than Nigeria ? Typical response from people with low IQ. That woman wouldn't mind living in Nigeria as long as she wouldn't die an untimely death together with her children just because a crazie hate her skin colour
You're an idiot.t.

I thought you'll come up with a better point. You just ended up spewing 🗑️ just to make an opinion. You're dumb!!!
Re: UK Is Getting More And More Dangerous For Black People As The Days Go By..... by OdenKelechi(m): 1:58pm On Jul 06, 2023
So many white folks are mentally ill. The reasons they do what they do is sickening
Re: UK Is Getting More And More Dangerous For Black People As The Days Go By..... by godofuck231: 1:58pm On Jul 06, 2023
Na to nail em own family windows and doors shut and light them up ,bllllllllad clot style, baaaaad man style

Re: UK Is Getting More And More Dangerous For Black People As The Days Go By..... by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jul 06, 2023
omooba969:

Compare the hate in those three countries to the hate in Africa and please do feedback.

grin Africa has it more bro. I get you!
Re: UK Is Getting More And More Dangerous For Black People As The Days Go By..... by omooba969(m): 2:00pm On Jul 06, 2023
Kennydoc:

I really doubt if you live in the UK, for you to quote this as evidence of black people suffering in the UK.
The life of a black person is 10 times safer in the UK than even in Abuja.

How often are scores of people murdered in their homes and communities by armed bandits in Nigeria and yet nothing happens. Tell me how many locations in Nigeria where you can be moving around by 1am and feel safe.

Abeg, comot. You absolutely have no knowledge of what you're talking about. There are psychopaths in the UK but there are many more in Nigeria.

Don't mind the Op, nairaland is where ignorant people can post some gibberish you know. grin

1 Like

Re: UK Is Getting More And More Dangerous For Black People As The Days Go By..... by mymadam(m): 2:04pm On Jul 06, 2023
Ilekokonit:
Abi person no go Japa go back Nigeria now sef ?
🤣🤣🤣
Re: UK Is Getting More And More Dangerous For Black People As The Days Go By..... by jedisco(m): 2:17pm On Jul 06, 2023
@op this was a picture I took of people who were slaughtered in their own place in the hundreds and their bodies transported in trucks.

The government initially denied the killing and later said just 3 died.
Till today, no single arrest has been made.

Question: is Nigeria safe for Nigerians?

N.B this is not excusing racially motivated crimes in any part of the world. They should be roundly condemed and fair cout process take place.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UK Is Getting More And More Dangerous For Black People As The Days Go By..... by pacespot(m): 2:21pm On Jul 06, 2023
From my own analysis, i think she wasn't attacked for her skin color, she was attacked because of her religion, Islam. Many countries are getting tired of Muslims coming to their land due to inherent tendency of Islamists trying to conquered their host. Look at what is happening in France presently. If you're a Muslim, I will say you should watch your back if you stay in Europe right now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mind Blowing Highway Interchanges, Flyovers Around The World(Photos) / Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria / Lagos Electric BRT Buses Begin Operations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.