Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,661 members, 7,820,326 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:10 PM

"Argentina Won The World Cup Because They Have Messi" - Portuguese Legend Deco - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "Argentina Won The World Cup Because They Have Messi" - Portuguese Legend Deco (21207 Views)

Actress Genevieve Nnaji - France Win World Cup because Of Fela Shrine / 'nigeria Cannot Win The World Cup Because…’ – Arsene Winger / England May Boycott FIFA World Cup Because Of Russia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Argentina Won The World Cup Because They Have Messi" - Portuguese Legend Deco by Gamesmart: 9:53am On Jul 05, 2023
AImiron:
yes na obemrey be that, always ignore the retaaaard

He must really be a sad human being to open an account to demonstrate mental illness.

1 Like

Re: "Argentina Won The World Cup Because They Have Messi" - Portuguese Legend Deco by Gamesmart: 9:54am On Jul 05, 2023
ehikwe22:
This is SK true. Argentina won because they have Messi, that has FIFA.

This is not disputing the fact that Messi is good or better than Rinaldo, but in the world cup, we can see the body language of FIFA and how they tried so hard to push Messi.

The best player in the world cup was Mpape by far

Explain how Mbappe was the best player at the WC.

3 Likes

Re: "Argentina Won The World Cup Because They Have Messi" - Portuguese Legend Deco by EMMARNUEL: 9:59am On Jul 05, 2023
ehikwe22:
This is SK true. Argentina won because they have Messi, that has FIFA.

This is not disputing the fact that Messi is good or better than Rinaldo, but in the world cup, we can see the body language of FIFA and how they tried so hard to push Messi.

The best player in the world cup was Mpape by far
Na fifa tell netherlands and france make them miss penalty? na fifa tell dembele make e kick di maria for box? You be mumu.. Pendu fan boy, cover ur demented head in shame. Fool.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Argentina Won The World Cup Because They Have Messi" - Portuguese Legend Deco by Nobody: 10:00am On Jul 05, 2023
EMMARNUEL:
PAINS and WAILING can never depart from pendu tap in merchant fanboys grin grin

Funny thing is, I was rooting for France to win the World cup.

It's just weird how the bulk of nairaland users seem to reason like guinea pigs. So because I said Argentina was favoured by Fifa, you automatically assumed I am one of those who always has a preference between Messi and Ronaldo?

Mehn! You're all a really sad bunch!
Re: "Argentina Won The World Cup Because They Have Messi" - Portuguese Legend Deco by phemmyfour: 10:06am On Jul 05, 2023
orohbiro:
If Messi retire I no feel say Argertina go feel survive am the team has Been build around Messi. From the look of things after next year cops America Messi might retire can this Argentina team without Messi and angel dimaria qualify for the world cup to start with? If I be their coach has Messi dey retire me self dey Japan too grin not making it to 2026 world cup might spoil the good works he has done
They said the same thing when maradona left in 1994. Argentina went on to produce bunch of great talents in 1996 Olympics

2 Likes

Re: "Argentina Won The World Cup Because They Have Messi" - Portuguese Legend Deco by EMMARNUEL: 10:06am On Jul 05, 2023
Buddha3:

It's just weird how the bulk of nairaland users seem to reason like guinea pigs. So because I said Argentina was favoured by Fifa, you automatically assumed I am one of those who always has a preference between Messi and Ronaldo?

We know pendulum fans when we see them.. cry babies grin grin

7 Likes

Re: "Argentina Won The World Cup Because They Have Messi" - Portuguese Legend Deco by Gamesmart: 10:07am On Jul 05, 2023
MT:
Why is it not always mentioned that Messi has won the Olympic, and FIFA under 20 world cup before?.

He even won the player of the tournament in the under 20 FIFA world cup; he won both the golden boot and the golden ball.

He has won Player of the Tournament in 4 of the 11 adult tournaments he has played in, including 2 WCs.

Penaldo has scored a lot of penalties at tournaments but has never been Player of the Tournament in any of the 10 adult tournaments he has played in.

8 Likes

Re: "Argentina Won The World Cup Because They Have Messi" - Portuguese Legend Deco by Adeolaeniola(m): 10:08am On Jul 05, 2023
Slurity:
we can then say Joseph Yobo is the best in the world because he is always available for Nigeria during hiis time. Does that make any sense to you? No achievement, No glory
Verify your news bro, He captained Nigeria to the 2013 title.

1 Like

Re: "Argentina Won The World Cup Because They Have Messi" - Portuguese Legend Deco by Rexymania(m): 10:10am On Jul 05, 2023
whippersnapper:
What do you expect coming from someone who played for barcelona.
The right words should have been "messi had FIFA"

Cry more 😆😆

1 Like

Re: "Argentina Won The World Cup Because They Have Messi" - Portuguese Legend Deco by Gamesmart: 10:10am On Jul 05, 2023
Elxandre:
A team that always got bailed by penalties nearly every game?
They opened the scoring with penalties almost every game which changes the game plan obviously.
grin
BTW, Deco is not correct. They have always had Messi even in his prime years and they didn't do much. Argentina team was really solid defensively. It was impossible to even get much chances against them, and when they go ahead with a penalty, it's nearly game over.
Portugal on the other hand had nearly 38 year old Ronaldo. They had their best squad at the wrong end of Ronaldo's career. He was simply too old to do much. Bring him this squad 4 years ago, and they would go far, not to mention Santos is a poor coach.
Where was Deco at 38 if na so e easy?
Which outfield player was still balling at the highest level at 38?

Messi did well btw.

What did Ronaldo do for Portugal then when he was 34 and just required to score goals?

How come he could not win the WC then? He was just required to stand there, take penalties and score goals.

Was this the best squad of Argentina that Messi carried to win WC as its playmaker and goalscorer?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Argentina Won The World Cup Because They Have Messi" - Portuguese Legend Deco by Poske95(m): 10:11am On Jul 05, 2023
Adeolaeniola:
A legend that never achieves any tangible trophy for his country am refer to deco, C.ronaldo will always be GOAT.
I can count the times that Messi runs from national duties when the needs arise. whether bad or worse Ronaldo always stands by his country.
To all dwarf fans quoting me since, Portugal has never won anything before the era of C.RONALDO. ORORO liberates his country from trophy drought. Show me the trophy that Argentina has not won before the era of Messi.
There was a time that Argentina's legends wish to have Ronaldo on their national team.

If you were knocked out in a boxing match and the ref mistakingly counted to twelve, you would refute the score.
First, Argentina has more depth in the football tradition only next to Germany and Brazil
Messi made sure of that in the open era by replicating the magnificence of Maradona, the greatest, hence, the term GOAT today.
If Messi had gone to lose the 2022 World Cup, he would have been haunted for generations,ask Baggio. But he did.
Think he was already greater than CR7 in that respect.
Once one is greater than you....no dispute.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Argentina Won The World Cup Because They Have Messi" - Portuguese Legend Deco by AImiron: 10:12am On Jul 05, 2023
Gamesmart:

He must really be a sad human being to open an account to demonstrate mental illness.
absolutely, He's deranged
Re: "Argentina Won The World Cup Because They Have Messi" - Portuguese Legend Deco by Gamesmart: 10:12am On Jul 05, 2023
EMMARNUEL:
Na fifa tell netherlands and france make them miss penalty? na fifa tell dembele make e kick di maria for box? You be mumu.. Pendu fan boy, cover ur demented head in shame. Fool.

Don't mind the idiocy!

Na FIFA also tell Penaldo to be diving for penalty against ordinary Ghana.

Even Kudus was a better player on the day.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Argentina Won The World Cup Because They Have Messi" - Portuguese Legend Deco by Gamesmart: 10:14am On Jul 05, 2023
Buddha3:

If you get sense, explain how FIFA favoured Argentina.

We go use that analyse your intellect.

3 Likes

Re: "Argentina Won The World Cup Because They Have Messi" - Portuguese Legend Deco by Gamesmart: 10:16am On Jul 05, 2023
Poske95:

If you were knocked out in a boxing match and the ref mistakingly counted to twelve, you would refute the score.
First, Argentina has more depth in the football tradition only next to Germany and Brazil
Messi made sure of that in the open era by replicating the magnificence of Maradona, the greatest, hence, the term GOAT today.
If Messi had gone to lose the 2022 World Cup, he would have been haunted for generations,ask Baggio. But he did.
Think he was already greater than CR7 in that respect.
Once one is greater than you....no dispute.

Without WC, without Copa America, Messi was still greater than Ronaldo.

Only a moooron would have not known that.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Argentina Won The World Cup Because They Have Messi" - Portuguese Legend Deco by Onitola2: 10:22am On Jul 05, 2023
AImiron:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sportskeeda.com/amp/football/news-won-world-cup-messi-portuguese-legend-deco-makes-massive-claim-argentina-s-exploits-the-qatar-world-cup

cr7 had better teammates than Messi this time but fate favours Messi. There's nothing cr7 does for club and country that Messi hadn't done before. The only advantage is that cr7 had more games due to age seniority

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Argentina Won The World Cup Because They Have Messi" - Portuguese Legend Deco by EMMARNUEL: 10:23am On Jul 05, 2023
Gamesmart:

Don't mind the idiocy!

Na FIFA also tell Penaldo to be diving for penalty against ordinary Ghana.

Even Kudus was a better player on the day.
This pendu boys can be something else.

3 Likes

Re: "Argentina Won The World Cup Because They Have Messi" - Portuguese Legend Deco by pquaver(m): 10:25am On Jul 05, 2023
Elxandre:
A team that always got bailed by penalties nearly every game?
They opened the scoring with penalties almost every game which changes the game plan obviously.
grin
BTW, Deco is not correct. [b]They have always had Messi even in his prime years and they didn't do much. Argentina team was really solid defensively. [/b]It was impossible to even get much chances against them, and when they go ahead with a penalty, it's nearly game over.
Portugal on the other hand had nearly 38 year old Ronaldo. They had their best squad at the wrong end of Ronaldo's career. He was simply too old to do much. Bring him this squad 4 years ago, and they would go far, not to mention Santos is a poor coach.
Where was Deco at 38 if na so e easy?
Which outfield player was still balling at the highest level at 38?

Messi did well btw.

This is the lie u pendu fans tell ur self.. Messi was also better @ every world cup than ur pendu even when he messi had so messed up teams.. He never left at the group stages.. He played a final 2014 before winning and he won at youth level and also won the Olympics.. Tell us which one your pendu did.. Una go just open mouth waaaaa.. De vomit rubbish. Mtschew

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Argentina Won The World Cup Because They Have Messi" - Portuguese Legend Deco by purplekayc(m): 10:32am On Jul 05, 2023
Buddha3:

Did you watch the world cup matches?
Yes na.
Re: "Argentina Won The World Cup Because They Have Messi" - Portuguese Legend Deco by Tsolutionifede(m): 10:40am On Jul 05, 2023
Adeolaeniola:
A legend that never achieves any tangible trophy for his country am refer to deco, C.ronaldo will always be GOAT.
I can count the times that Messi runs from national duties when the needs arise. whether bad or worse Ronaldo always stands by his country.
To all dwarf fans quoting me since, Portugal has never won anything before the era of C.RONALDO. ORORO liberates his country from trophy drought. Show me the trophy that Argentina has not won before the era of Messi.
There was a time that Argentina's legends wish to have Ronaldo on their national team.
you people have problem, stop deceiving yourself, Messi is greater than Ronaldo, because he won all trophies that ever exist, unlike Ronaldo. Leave stop stories, Messi is simply greater than Ronaldo, Messi is the GOAT

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Argentina Won The World Cup Because They Have Messi" - Portuguese Legend Deco by bewla(m): 10:40am On Jul 05, 2023
Adeolaeniola:
The best that nothing was stole or giving to him by fault

Only by his talent ability and work

On like some whom where award by some fraudulent fifa president

Just to achieve the work of pay masters illuminati cline
Re: "Argentina Won The World Cup Because They Have Messi" - Portuguese Legend Deco by Segxydube: 10:41am On Jul 05, 2023
whippersnapper:

Where was fifa against saudi arabia, Netherlands and france? Dumbass

6 Likes

Re: "Argentina Won The World Cup Because They Have Messi" - Portuguese Legend Deco by bewla(m): 10:42am On Jul 05, 2023
whippersnapper:
in pocket as illuminati president
Re: "Argentina Won The World Cup Because They Have Messi" - Portuguese Legend Deco by Segxydube: 10:42am On Jul 05, 2023
Lukepeter:
More like an opinion from a former team mate.

He was also the former teammate of ronaldo so stop saying trash

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Argentina Won The World Cup Because They Have Messi" - Portuguese Legend Deco by Kingjbase: 10:46am On Jul 05, 2023
Adeolaeniola:
your opinion will never matter. You being bias is the reason why Nigeria will never move forward. Because of people like you in our country.

4 Likes

Re: "Argentina Won The World Cup Because They Have Messi" - Portuguese Legend Deco by Kingcalls: 10:46am On Jul 05, 2023
Gamesmart:

Beverlyjean!

No be wetin I tell you here a Portuguese legend is telling you too? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

https://www.nairaland.com/7656353/cristiano-ronaldo-picks-best-xi/1#122599019

He, like me, highlighted that Portugal had one of the most talented team ever but could not do much, while Messi carried a weaker team to win the WC.

Can you see say something is wrong with you? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Portuguese legends are telling you Messi is the greatest. Penaldo's own former teammates are telling you Messi is the greatest. Yet, your mental illness will say "It is all a FIFA and Joe Hart conspiracy to make Messi look better". grin grin grin grin grin grin

Deco was born and bred in Sao Paulo....he just nationalised for Portugal .... any smart person knows that messi is an agenda , just like LGBTA and feminism... giving him 6 controversial penalties in 6 different games sold them out ... if Portugal were also given 6 penalties out of 7 games , they would have won the WC ... fifa knew this was messis last chance and their last chance to push it ... Mbappe was by far the best player at the WC but the agenda pushed it to Messi... Messi lost the final in 2014 but was given the golden ball despite not scoring a single goal in the knock out... mbappe scored 8 goals and was top scorer and played lesser minutes than Messi and scored on 2 penalties and that was in the final and had 4 assists( even tho I don't care bout assists ) scored a hat trick in the final ... but they still gave the penalty merchant golden ball...if u can't see the agenda , then u are a blind fan ... they also gave him best goal at the UCL when it's obvious that players like vinicius , mbappe , okafor, dzeko scored way better goals ... what Ronaldo has done for Portugal, no player in their history have ever done it... what Messi has done for Argentina, players have done it b4 ... B4 Ronaldos first WC , Portugal had only qualified 3 times on their history... Argentina had played over 13 World cups , won 2 times and played in 3 finals b4 Messi... portugal have never played in a final ... if Ronaldo was Argentine and Messi was Portuguese, he would not have won it while Ronaldo would have won at least 2... the champions league that's a level playing field has settled this matter ... Messi won WC , but played trash in UCL with PSG ... that says it all
Re: "Argentina Won The World Cup Because They Have Messi" - Portuguese Legend Deco by Elxandre(m): 10:54am On Jul 05, 2023
Gamesmart:

What did Ronaldo do for Portugal then when he was 34 and just required to score goals?

How come he could not win the WC then? He was just required to stand there, take penalties and score goals.

Was this the best squad of Argentina that Messi carried to win WC as its playmaker and goalscorer?
Best team is not by names alone, otherwise Leicester wouldn't have won the league, and Messi would have won the world cup in 2010 when he was a much more powerful force of nature. He even had more elite team mates then.
But anything to promote agenda sha 😎
Re: "Argentina Won The World Cup Because They Have Messi" - Portuguese Legend Deco by Gamesmart: 10:55am On Jul 05, 2023
Kingcalls:

Deco was born and bred in Sao Paulo....he just nationalised for Portugal .... any smart person knows that messi is an agenda , just like LGBTA and feminism... giving him 6 controversial penalties in 6 different games sold them out ... if Portugal were also given 6 penalties out of 7 games , they would have won the WC ... fifa knew this was messis last chance and their last chance to push it ... Mbappe was by far the best player at the WC but the agenda pushed it to Messi... Messi lost the final in 2014 but was given the golden ball despite not scoring a single goal in the knock out... mbappe scored 8 goals and was top scorer and played lesser minutes than Messi and scored on 2 penalties and that was in the final and had 4 assists( even tho I don't care bout assists ) scored a hat trick in the final ... but they still gave the penalty merchant golden ball...if u can't see the agenda , then u are a blind fan ... they also gave him best goal at the UCL when it's obvious that players like vinicius , mbappe , okafor, dzeko scored way better goals ... what Ronaldo has done for Portugal, no player in their history have ever done it... what Messi has done for Argentina, players have done it b4 ... B4 Ronaldos first WC , Portugal had only qualified 3 times on their history... Argentina had played over 13 World cups , won 2 times and played in 3 finals b4 Messi... portugal have never played in a final ... if Ronaldo was Argentine and Messi was Portuguese, he would not have won it while Ronaldo would have won at least 2... the champions league that's a level playing field has settled this matter ... Messi won WC , but played trash in UCL with PSG ... that says it all

So Messi is "an agenda" of a Portuguese-speaking person who chose to play for the Portuguese national team instead of the great Brazil; playing with Messi's rival as his own team mate in this national team?

Messi is "an agenda" of a Portuguese-speaking person from the only Portuguese-speaking nation in the whole of Latin America; a nation which is also a bitter footballing rival of Argentina?

First look at these and then review if your brain works and where it resides lower down the body.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Argentina Won The World Cup Because They Have Messi" - Portuguese Legend Deco by Gamesmart: 10:58am On Jul 05, 2023
Elxandre:

Best team is not by names alone, otherwise Leicester wouldn't have won the league, and Messi would have won the world cup in 2010 when he was a much more powerful force of nature. He even had more elite team mates then.
But anything to promote agenda sha 😎

So your argument now is that: With or without a best team, Ronaldo was not good enough to win, and had no hope of winning, a WC?

You have no more useless excuses for him?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Argentina Won The World Cup Because They Have Messi" - Portuguese Legend Deco by Gamesmart: 11:00am On Jul 05, 2023
pquaver:

This is the lie u pendu fans tell ur self.. Messi was also better @ every world cup than ur pendu even when he messi had so messed up teams.. He never left at the group stages.. He played a final 2014 before winning and he won at youth level and also won the Olympics.. Tell us which one your pendu did.. Una go just open mouth waaaaa.. De vomit rubbish. Mtschew

Pendu did SIUUUUUU at the tournaments.

Great achievements! grin grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: "Argentina Won The World Cup Because They Have Messi" - Portuguese Legend Deco by Kingcalls: 11:02am On Jul 05, 2023
Gamesmart:

So Messi is "an agenda" of a Portuguese-speaking person who chose to play for the Portuguese national team instead of the great Brazil; playing with Messi's rival as his own team mate?

Messi is "an agenda" of a Portuguese-speaking person from the only Portuguese-speaking nation in the whole of Latin America; a nation which is also a bitter footballing rival of Argentina?

First look at that and then review if your brain works and where it resides lower down the body.

Portuguese speaking don't mean he is Portuguese... Deco is Brazilian, started his career in Brazil b4 moving to Europe ..and only nationalised with Portugal cos he had no chance to play for the Brazilian national team ... if there are 2 good drivers , u can't just decide that the driver who won a car race is better because he was given a ferrari while the other competed with an Audi
Re: "Argentina Won The World Cup Because They Have Messi" - Portuguese Legend Deco by Judolisco(m): 11:05am On Jul 05, 2023
LIVINGICONREBOR:
Nah true.
See how trim Deco of dat year don swell up. 🥴
omo... Immediately I stopped trekking from my house to d bus-stop to get car to go to work and started driving... I discover say I Don dey big... D same thing with footballers... Immediately dey stop dat routine ehn...see fat Ronaldo we thought was fat then... Don overbig now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Manchester United Shut Down First-team Operations Following COVID-19 Outbreak / Otedola To Give $250,000 To Super Eagles If They Win AFCON - Godwin Emefiele / Tammy Abraham Tells England FA He Remains Available For Selection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.