Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,966 members, 7,810,679 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:11 PM

Mmesoma : A Classic Case Of JAMB Jamming An Intelligent Student But Gone Wrong. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Mmesoma : A Classic Case Of JAMB Jamming An Intelligent Student But Gone Wrong. (226 Views)

How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank / JAMB releases Mmesoma Ejikeme original result / How To Know An Intelligent Student By Character (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mmesoma : A Classic Case Of JAMB Jamming An Intelligent Student But Gone Wrong. by Macnnoli4(m): 10:16pm On Jul 04, 2023
Ever since, JAMB started using CBT for the UTME exams, I noticed that students that take the first two days of the exam end up as sacrificial lambs to variety of technical hitches. A typical example: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/595130-2023-utme-jamb-reschedules-exam-for-candidates-over-technical-hitches.html.
This is despite the fact that JAMB conducts a mock exam which should have exposed all the problems with their system for correction ahead of the main exam.
These particular set of affected students are mostly science students and the very intelligent students among them are more likely to apply for competitive courses in very competitive universities because they think they are up to the challenge.
Unfortunately, some of these intelligent student get "jammed" by JAMB and their hopes of getting admitted to competitive universities dwindle. I remember my first UTME score was 222. I wrote on the first day of
the exam and they actually added 40marks that year for students that took first two days of the exam due to technical hitches(2016). I didn't get admission that year. My WAEC wiped my tears as I got one of the best results in my school. The next year,I wrote on the second day of the exam and got 298 and post-UTME 294. So what I am saying is Mmesoma(who has been confirmed to be academically intelligent) could have been lucky if she tried next year just like I was, rather than complicating her situation (if she actually falsified her result). Yes, the pressure to succeed as an intelligent student your parents see you as is there but there is still the WAEC SSCE exam result to make them proud of.
Re: Mmesoma : A Classic Case Of JAMB Jamming An Intelligent Student But Gone Wrong. by stuffs2002: 10:28pm On Jul 04, 2023
The girl and her parents are just liars.

How did she know she had the best score since JAMB doesn't post everyone's score. You can only know your own result.
Re: Mmesoma : A Classic Case Of JAMB Jamming An Intelligent Student But Gone Wrong. by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jul 04, 2023
I don't believe the young girl is capable of such, they should dig further
Re: Mmesoma : A Classic Case Of JAMB Jamming An Intelligent Student But Gone Wrong. by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jul 04, 2023
I can attest to the fact that Jamb added 40 marks to some students back then in 2016.

(1) (Reply)

Oyo State College Of Nursing Eleyele Ibadan Releases Basic General Nursing Admis / UNIABUJA Cracks Down On Sexual Harassment, Dismisses Two Lecturers / Neco Ssce May June 2023 Result Is Out, Check Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.