Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,927 members, 7,810,559 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:08 AM

How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank (28635 Views)

My Secondary School Chemistry Students Made This Salt / Did You Do This In Your Secondary School Days? / How To Know An Intelligent Student By Character (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by guobe: 7:42am On Mar 19
I went to a highly competitive secondary school back in the days.

This private school had alot of intelligent young boys and girls and there was this boy name withheld that was always coming out top in class.

There was this other girl giving him a chase for who comes out top in the class too as they were both extremely intelligent and to me I will say they were geniuses as they were so so good.

Me I wasn't doing too badly too but that guy was in another class of his own.
He was cool ,gentle and focused and I knew the future was going to be very bright for him academically.

I met him one day and asked him how he does his thing that makes him academically sound and he laughed and told me that during the holidays,he makes sure he reads ahead what will be thought in the next session and when session starts he just goes to class and assimilate what the teacher is teaching.

To cut the long story short,this guy finished his university in flying colours reading Biochemistry and got a job in the banking sector.

At just 22 years of age, he was already a manager in one of the branches of the bank and was doing very well.

The next thing I heard was that he has defrauded the bank of more than 500 million naira and has gone missing without a trace.
Till this day he has not been seen with no trace.

I still wonder what might have happened to this intelligent young man that made him to defraud a bank at such a young age and soil his name for life just because of money.

This is someone with such intelligence can create a money spinning software that can become a global brand.
It still baffles me till this day.

Some of our friends that attended that secondary school told me he was running deals with some yahoo guys that also attended the school and those guys might have influenced him.

Moral of the story is that people can change their character within a twinkle of an eye.

94 Likes 8 Shares

Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by Anijay1212(m): 7:47am On Mar 19
Evil company corrupts good people.
angry sad sad

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by thesicilian: 7:49am On Mar 19
It takes a certain level of intelligence to defraud a bank. And even higher IQ to disappear without a trace.

319 Likes 19 Shares

Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by guobe: 7:51am On Mar 19
thesicilian:
It takes a certain level of intelligence to defraud a bank. And even higher IQ to disappear without a trace.
He was a genius. Till this day he has not been found .

64 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by guobe: 7:51am On Mar 19
Anijay1212:
Evil company corrupts good people.
angry sad sad
Yes but one must have his or her own self will.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by thesicilian: 7:55am On Mar 19
guobe:

Moral of the story is that people can change their character within a twinkle of an eye.
What makes you think he changed? Being intelligent isn't the same as being of good character.

252 Likes 18 Shares

Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by guobe: 7:58am On Mar 19
thesicilian:

What makes you think he changed? Being intelligent isn't the same as being of good character.
He was a good boy through and through in secondary school from a Christian background sitting in the front seat.
We can all identify bad guys and good guys in secondary school.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by thesicilian: 8:00am On Mar 19
guobe:

He was a good boy through and through in secondary school from a Christian background sitting in the front seat.
We can all identify bad guys and good guys in secondary school.
oh
Maybe sha

8 Likes

Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by guobe: 8:03am On Mar 19
thesicilian:

oh
Maybe sha
Bad guys were drinking,smoking ,chasing girls and even doing the do in secondary school.
Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by shortgun(m): 8:04am On Mar 19
Well, morality is subjective.
Everything can be justified.
There are people who believe that unequal distribution of wealth is evil and they are on a mission to equitable wealth distribution.
In their eyes, it's deemed immoral for a select few to possess wealth capable of ending poverty, yet opt to watch people continuously die of starvation

64 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by guobe: 8:06am On Mar 19
shortgun:
Well, morality is subjective.
Everything can be justified.
There are people who believe that unequal distribution of wealth is evil and they are on a mission to equitable wealth distribution.
In their eyes, it's deemed immoral for a select few to possess wealth capable of ending poverty, yet opt to watch people continuously die of starvation
He broke the law and that is not the lawful way to go about it.
He just soiled his name for life and posterity will never forgive him.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by shortgun(m): 8:13am On Mar 19
guobe:

Laws as practiced under democracies around the world are nothing but the decisions of the privileged few; a minority decision binding on the majority to keep them under control and conditioning.

64 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by guobe: 8:19am On Mar 19
shortgun:

Laws as practiced under democracies around the world are nothing but the decisions of the privileged few; a minority decision binding on the majority to keep them under control and conditioning.
We have no choice but to obey it or get its attendant consequences.
If one is not comfortable about the law of a state,it will be better the person moves to another state that he or she is comfortable with their laws there.

8 Likes

Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by guobe: 8:36am On Mar 19
shortgun:

Laws are global practices that mirror themselves with little or no modification in each country/state.Most laws in the constitution of Nigeria are copied word for word with laws in the constitution of the British. There are alot of evils that are legal but are not moral just as there are moral deeds that are not legal.
True freedom is achieved only by fulfilling one's conviction through finding ways around the law without causing harm to others...just as your friend has done.
So you support what he did.lol

5 Likes

Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by blingxx(m): 8:36am On Mar 19
shortgun:

The minority always control the majority normally, society is just a big pyramid scheme and only few Nigerians have awaken to accept this reality

11 Likes

Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by superintendents(m): 8:44am On Mar 19
been good at early young age shouldn't be tag as good enough until you reach certain age like 31 upward, then you are.. because most challenges escalated at that juncture..

Someone can be calm, gentle, smart, intelligent and be bad guy..

Is not by your appearance sometimes..

angry

39 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by shortgun(m): 8:45am On Mar 19
guobe:

So you support what he did.lol
Not like I support what he did but a man with the level of intelligence you said he had must have taken the best decision by his conviction.

37 Likes

Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by guobe: 8:52am On Mar 19
shortgun:

Not like I support what he did but a man with the level of intelligence you said he had must have taken the best decision by his conviction.
Okay .maybe there is a perspective I am not looking at.
Maybe Baba don count plenty money gor bank ture and he was frustrated and had to keep some for himself .
Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by Talkisneeded: 8:54am On Mar 19
guobe:

You think everyone cares about posterity...
Not supporting crimes,but you think someone that actually graduated with a degree in biochemistry will want to settle down for a career in the banking system...

Man saw the hardship in the land and decided to fund his dreams... man is currently in one lesser known country to us living the life of a biochemist...
Do I pray he gets caught? Yes.. Will he get caught? I don't know ..

I see herbs tho

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by guobe: 8:55am On Mar 19
superintendents:
been good at early young age shouldn't be tag as good enough until you reach certain age like 31 upward, then you are.. because most challenges escalated at that juncture..

Someone can be calm, gentle, smart, intelligent and be bad guy..

Is not by your appearance sometimes..

angry
The foundation of a child is very important.
When you have a good foundation early,it is difficult to derail.

12 Likes

Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by shortgun(m): 8:56am On Mar 19
blingxx:

The minority always control the majority normally, society is just a big pyramid scheme and only few Nigerians have awaken to accept this reality
Exactly.
While the poor,wretched and miserable
biker and occupy themselves with bigotry, religion and a conservative mindset, the elite few are united in making slaves out of their children as they have done with their fathers...

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by guobe: 8:58am On Mar 19
Talkisneeded:

You think everyone cares about posterity...
Not supporting crimes,but you think someone that actually graduated with a degree in biochemistry will want to settle down for a career in the banking system...

Man saw the hardship in the land and decided to fund his dreams... man is currently in one lesser known country to us living the life of a biochemist...
Do I pray he gets caught? Yes.. Will he get caught? I don't know ..

I see herbs tho

If he had wanted to read medicine he could have chased his dreams than going into the banking sector and soiling his name for life.
Now he can never answer that name as he will have to use a new name to start life again.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by Tunde835(m): 9:01am On Mar 19
Kilode

1 Like

Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by adamma24: 9:01am On Mar 19
guobe:

The foundation of a child is very important.
When you have a good foundation early,it is difficult to derail.

Even with the good foundation at the early stages...along the line per factor/pressure will certainly come into play and will derail your once good foundation..

9 Likes

Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by Talkisneeded: 9:02am On Mar 19
guobe:

If he had wanted to read medicine he could have chased his dreams than going into the banking sector and soiling his name for life.
Now he can never answer that name as he will have to use a new name to start life again.

Maybe, maybe he struggled to get a decent job with decent pay in the medical.. Or maybe he's decided to be a rascal sha, good luck to him my bro

3 Likes

Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by guobe: 9:08am On Mar 19
adamma24:

Even with the good foundation at the early stages...along the line per factor/pressure will certainly come into play and will derail your once good foundation..
That is where self will comes into play.
With self will ,no amount of peer pressure will make you change.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by GodHimself: 9:08am On Mar 19
Intelligence is neutral.

It will work for good and for bad.

guobe:
I went to a highly competitive secondary school back in the days.
This private school had alot of intelligent young boys and girls and there was this boy name withheld that was always coming out top in class.
There was this other girl giving him a chase for who comes out top in the class too as they were both extremely intelligent and to me I will say they were geniuses as they were so so good.
Me I wasn't doing too badly too but that guy was in another class of his own.
He was cool ,gentle and focused and I knew the future was going to be very bright for him academically.
I met him one day and asked him how he does his thing that makes him academically sound and he laughed and told me that during the holidays,he makes sure he reads ahead what will be thought in the next session and when session starts he just goes to class and assimilate what the teacher is teaching.
To cut the long story short,this guy finished his university in flying colours reading Biochemistry and got a job in the banking sector.
At just 22 years of age,he was already a manager in one of the branches of the bank and was doing very well.
The next thing I heard was that he has defrauded the bank of more than 500 million naira and has gone missing without a trace.
Till this day he has not been seen with no trace.
I still wonder what might have happened to this intelligent young man that made him to defraud a bank at such a young age and soil his name for life just because of money.
This is someone with such intelligence can create a money spinning software that can become a global brand.
It still baffles me till this day.
Some of our friends that attended that secondary school told me he was running deals with some yahoo guys that also attended the school and those guys might have influenced him.

6 Likes

Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by guobe: 9:09am On Mar 19
Talkisneeded:

Maybe, maybe he struggled to get a decent job with decent pay in the medical.. Or maybe he's decided to be a rascal sha, good luck to him my bro
Many questions still remains unanswered regarding what happened.
Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by guobe: 9:09am On Mar 19
GodHimself:
Intelligence is neutral.

It will work for good and for bad.

That is what it seems.
Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by adamma24: 9:14am On Mar 19
guobe:

That is where self will comes into play.
With self will ,no amount of peer pressure will make you change.

Yeah...also note that not everyone have self will...

2 Likes

Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by blingxx(m): 9:17am On Mar 19
shortgun:

Exactly.
While the poor,wretched and miserable
biker and occupy themselves with bigotry, religion and a conservative mindset, the elite few are united in making slaves out of their children as they have done with their fathers...

This is just the truth, but how do you explain to someone who is a victim of over religious and tribalism since the day he was born that the matrix is real undecided

13 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Please Is This Waec Result Good Enough To Study Business Admin In Lasu / Students Sponsored By Jonathan Graduate In Philippines - . PICS / Help I Got Into A Fight With A Cultist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.