Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,308 members, 7,836,346 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:48 AM

The Ugly Guinness Book Of Record Trend - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Ugly Guinness Book Of Record Trend (43101 Views)

Surviving In Nigeria �� & Ghana �� - The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly Truths Of / The Ugly Christmas Sweater / Systems Of Record Keeping In Ancient Civilizations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Ugly Guinness Book Of Record Trend by IbrahimSola: 8:55pm On Jul 05, 2023
spy24:
Nigerians exhibits one very dangerous trait of trivializing everything...

Matters of life and death, politics, culture etc.. majority of us approach nothing with seriousness.. and it is telling on our economy and politics today

Did you know that Hilda Baci prepared for more than five years before she came out this year to do what she did ?

She said it.. she registered for fitness classes did lots of research bought equipments and put all necessary equipment in place before she began. Most of this idiots(because that's what they inevitably are) attempting this record breaking of a thing think she started in January

The OP has said it all. The thing is becoming nauseating. The question is, where were all these people before Hilda Baci achieved her feat?

The way its going, if nothing is done about it, NIGERIANS WOULD SOON BE BANNED FROM ATTEMPTING TO BREAK ANY RECORD THAT HAS NOT BEEN HELD BY SAY, MAYBE 5 YEARS.

The level of unemployment is really evident in the desperation to break Guiness world records as if that is the only thing to do to achieve fame in Nigeria. Until someone dies while trying to break record, and Nigerians get banned, people wont stop.

It's not funny at all.
Re: The Ugly Guinness Book Of Record Trend by SKIBiNSKI(m): 9:25pm On Jul 05, 2023
Me and my mates are starting a Fartathon next week, we have already registered with GWR. Why da fork not? grin we will drink alota milk and rotten eggs and fartathon, who ever wanna join us is wellcomed.
Re: The Ugly Guinness Book Of Record Trend by lexy2014: 9:51pm On Jul 05, 2023
Jaybee3456:
Honestly it's quite annoying seeing how this trend is moving in this country. How does one just wake up and decide to break records of professionals? This thing is now a joke lol. I don't know hilda personally but what i know is she planned, strategized and made sure everything is in place for her to break the record she just broke. Then came chef dammy grin no training, no planning, no strategy but went on to try breaking a record she knew nothing about?

It's quite hilarious seeing everything unfold before my eyes lol. This is one problem i have with our people, we are not innovative enough. There are so many ideas to be implemented but no emeka sells shoes and he's successful ok make i go dey sell shoes too, or funke bakes bread and she's doing quite well make i go dey bake bread too. Then at that point you're there struggling with that person with the same targeted audience, isn't it hilarious?

We really need to do better honestly or maybe it's this generation of Nigerians that are just not thinking properly, i mean see this ondo girl she slept off while trying to break the hilda's record grin. That's what happens when you jump into something with no idea of or the other lady that slumped while doing massage it is well. This trend isn't stopping anytime soon so more failed attemps to come.

The chef that slept is good. What of the massage woman that collapsed all in d name of breaking record?
Re: The Ugly Guinness Book Of Record Trend by jaytee01(m): 6:08am On Jul 06, 2023
marvellous2222:
op what is your business there, with all this tribal mentality you use about

Your stupidity is congenital.

Where was tribe mentioned in that post? It is mooorons like you that encouraged that clown to attempt something that she had no idea about or prepared for.

Rubbish!
Re: The Ugly Guinness Book Of Record Trend by Karnice600: 12:56pm On Jul 06, 2023
Jaybee3456:
Honestly it's quite annoying seeing how this trend is moving in this country. How does one just wake up and decide to break records of professionals? This thing is now a joke lol. I don't know hilda personally but what i know is she planned, strategized and made sure everything is in place for her to break the record she just broke. Then came chef dammy grin no training, no planning, no strategy but went on to try breaking a record she knew nothing about?

It's quite hilarious seeing everything unfold before my eyes lol. This is one problem i have with our people, we are not innovative enough. There are so many ideas to be implemented but no emeka sells shoes and he's successful ok make i go dey sell shoes too, or funke bakes bread and she's doing quite well make i go dey bake bread too. Then at that point you're there struggling with that person with the same targeted audience, isn't it hilarious?

We really need to do better honestly or maybe it's this generation of Nigerians that are just not thinking properly, i mean see this ondo girl she slept off while trying to break the hilda's record grin. That's what happens when you jump into something with no idea of or the other lady that slumped while doing massage it is well. This trend isn't stopping anytime soon so more failed attemps to come.

They celebrate mediocrity na, so what do you expect. Same lots celebrating the deliberate rubbishing of BVAS to promote Agberoism. Anyone who doesn't think like them is seen as an odd number. Unfortunately these exceptional people are very few. I mean disturbingly few. So few, that you start wondering what Nigeria's future would look like. Its pathetic.
The competition in Silicon valley isn't the same in Computer village. Na so e be.

One is a zoo, the other is not.
Re: The Ugly Guinness Book Of Record Trend by marvellous2222: 3:10pm On Jul 06, 2023
jaytee01:

Your stupidity is congenital.

Where was tribe mentioned in that post? It is mooorons like you that encouraged that clown to attempt something that she had no idea about or prepared for.

Rubbish!
should I say you have foundational problem or your thinking faculty is very low

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Alaafin Of Oyo Welcomes Twins (photos) / Ooni Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi’s Palace & Golden Throne (Photos) / Nairaland's Compedium Of Traditional Rulers In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.